Quick Glance: The West's Modi Challenge
- The US and its allies view India as a key economic and diplomatic partner.
- The images of the Indian Prime Minister leading the world's most powerful people at the G20 summit have strengthened Modi's domestic image and highlighted India's global rise as a diplomatic and economic power.
- According to the Financial Times, Biden and other western leaders expressed concerns about Canada's allegations to the Indian leader during the summit.
- These countries have placed their geopolitical bet on India, specifically on Modi.
Quick Glance: Zelenskiy thanks Canada for aid in war against Russia
- Canada has committed over CAD 8 billion in aid to Ukraine since 2022.
- Zelenskiy expresses gratitude for Canada's support with weapons and equipment.
- Canada will provide substantial macroeconomic support in 2024.
- Ottawa imposes additional sanctions on 63 Russian individuals and entities.
Quick Glance: Consequences of India's Murder Directive in Canada
- Western nations have tolerated the Indian government's abuse for too long.
- India has consistently objected to being grouped together with its violent and chaotic neighbor in the phrase 'Indo-Pakistan'.
- India has faced long-standing accusations of assassinating militants and dissidents within its own region.
- Reports suggest that Canada has shared intelligence about the murder with its allies in the 'Five Eyes' pact.
Quick Glance: Trudeau Expects Interest Rates in Canada to Decrease by Mid 2024
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau anticipates a decrease in interest rates by the middle of next year.
- Recent economic data has influenced the central bank to adopt a more cautious stance.
- Trudeau has entered a sensitive monetary policy debate, raising questions about the independence of the central bank.
- Trudeau acknowledges the difficulties of the current situation.
Joey Votto to play role in 'SpongeBob Musical' at Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati
Quick Glance: Exceptional Mountie Killed in Coquitlam: Father of Six
- A decorated RCMP officer was killed in a shooting at a Coquitlam condo complex.
- Two other Mounties were seriously injured during the police operation.
- Another officer was seen being wheeled into an ambulance with chest compressions in front of the building at 3007 Glen Dr.
- Coquitlam Mayor Richard Stewart expresses condolences and solidarity with RCMP officers nationwide.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said that there were "credible reasons" ...
Quick Glance: India-Canada Dispute: Trudeau Repeats Allegation Against India Amid Row
- Trudeau repeats allegations against India as tensions escalate.
- India strongly rejects the allegations as "absurd".
- Canada reduces personnel in India due to threats on social media.
- India is willing to look at any specific information provided.
Quick Glance: Trudeau shares 'credible allegations' on Nijjar's killing with India weeks ago
- Trudeau shares 'credible allegations' on potential link between Indian agents and Hardeep Nijjar's killing with India.
- Canada hopes for cooperation to uncover the truth in this serious matter.
- Trudeau's accusations have resulted in diplomatic tensions and the expulsion of diplomats.
- The secessionist group Sikhs for Justice calls for the closure of India's mission in Canada and the expulsion of the Indian High Commissioner.
Quick Glance: NIA seizes property of Khalistani separatist Hardeep Singh Nijjar
- Hardeep Singh Nijjar was killed in Canada following the Canadian government's claim of India's involvement in the killing, which Delhi rejected as 'absurd and motivated'.
- Amid strained relations between India and Canada, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) issued a notice to seize the property of Khalistan Tiger Force (KTF) chief Hardeep Singh Nijjar, declared a Khalistani terrorist by the Indian government.
- In September 2020, the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) declared Nijjar a terrorist, leading to the seizure of his property in Bhar Singhpura village, Jalandhar.
- Nijjar's uncle, Himmat Singh, is the only relative of the family who still resides in the village.
Thrill kings Collingwood pulled off their trademark highwire act to advance to the grand ...
Quick Glance: Collingwood's Highwire Act Secures Victory Against Giants
- Collingwood overcomes a massive challenge from Greater Western Sydney with their highwire act to advance to the final.
- The result reverses a Giants win from four years ago and keeps the dream of a Collingwood-Carlton grand final alive.
- The Giants must overcome the odds by defeating Brisbane at their Gabba fortress on Saturday.
- The Magpies were in trouble when Toby Greene intercepted a hit from Cox and successfully scored from a boundary throw-in.
The idea of a separate pension for Alberta is highly political, and it is likely both the ...
Quick Glance: Alberta considering CPP withdrawal: Implications for Canada?
- Alberta's potential exit from the Canada Pension Plan raises questions.
- What happens if Alberta takes half of the CPP?
- What does this mean for the rest of Canada?
- Financial Post's Ian Vandaelle provides insights.
Recommended for you