Quick Glance: The West's Modi Challenge
- The US and its allies view India as a key economic and diplomatic partner.
- The images of the Indian Prime Minister leading the world's most powerful people at the G20 summit have strengthened Modi's domestic image and highlighted India's global rise as a diplomatic and economic power.
- According to the Financial Times, Biden and other western leaders expressed concerns about Canada's allegations to the Indian leader during the summit.
- These countries have placed their geopolitical bet on India, specifically on Modi.
Radzi nafi dakwaan lulus projek J-Qaf RM80 juta: Radzi Jidin menafikan tuduhan tular yang turut mengaitkan isterinya dalam projek percetakan buku J-Qaf.
Govt has not abandoned its reform agenda, says PM: Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim says the fact that a member of his own party can criticise him shows there is a ...
Quick Glance: Consequences of India's Murder Directive in Canada
- Western nations have tolerated the Indian government's abuse for too long.
- India has consistently objected to being grouped together with its violent and chaotic neighbor in the phrase 'Indo-Pakistan'.
- India has faced long-standing accusations of assassinating militants and dissidents within its own region.
- Reports suggest that Canada has shared intelligence about the murder with its allies in the 'Five Eyes' pact.
Quick Glance: Zelenskiy thanks Canada for aid in war against Russia
- Canada has committed over CAD 8 billion in aid to Ukraine since 2022.
- Zelenskiy expresses gratitude for Canada's support with weapons and equipment.
- Canada will provide substantial macroeconomic support in 2024.
- Ottawa imposes additional sanctions on 63 Russian individuals and entities.
#AsianGames2023 Lovlina, Harmanpreet lead India in glittery opening ceremony 🇮🇳✨ A minute-by-minute update on everything that's happening in Hangzhou right now www.read.ht/QUAQ
Quick Glance: Asian Games 2023: Opening ceremony in Hangzhou with Harmanpreet and Lovlina as flag bearers
- The 19th Asian Games have commenced in Hangzhou, featuring an impressive opening ceremony at the Hangzhou Olympic Sports Centre Stadium.
- Leading the Indian delegation are Harmanpreet Singh, captain of the Men's Hockey Team, and Lovlina Borgohain, Olympic medalist.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping officially inaugurated the 19th Asian Games in his address.
- Asian Games 2023 Opening Ceremony Live Streaming: Where to watch the Games live in India and other countries
Former cricketers #SachinTendulkar , #SunilGavaskar and #KapilDev , along with BCCI's Jay Shah and Rajeev Shukla, arrive at Kashi Vishwanath temple in #Varanasi #VaranasiStadium LIVE updates -www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/pm-narendra-modi-varanasi-visit-live-updates-international-cricket-stadium-latest-news-today-23-september-2023-tendulkar-101695434625324.html
Quick Glance: PM Modi Lays Foundation for Varanasi Cricket Stadium
- PM Modi laid the foundation stone for an international cricket stadium in Varanasi.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has spent Rs 121 crore to acquire the land for the stadium, while the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) will spend Rs 330 crore on its construction.
- The stadium, to be built near the Ring Road in Rajatalab area, is expected to be ready by December 2025.
- The spectators' gallery of the stadium will resemble the steps of the ghats of Varanasi.
Quick Glance: China Commits to Continuing Negotiations on South China Sea
- Anwar receives assurance from Chinese premier to avoid escalation.
- Li emphasizes clearly that China will continue to negotiate.
- Malaysia rejects LGBTQ rights but calls for protection of the community.
- Selling or owning the banned material is subject to imprisonment and fines.
India called out #Pakistan after its caretaker prime minister Anwar-ul-Haq Kakar raised #JammuandKashmir in his address to the #UNGA Watch more here - www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/india-hits-back-after-pakistan-caretaker-pm-raises-j-k-at-un-malicious-propaganda-101695432673407.html
Quick Glance: Teacher killed in fatal crash in St. Elizabeth
- The Savanna-la-Mar Primary School in Westmoreland is mourning the loss of a newly-hired teacher who died in a fatal crash on the Font Hill main road in St. Elizabeth on Friday morning.
- The deceased has been identified as 31-year-old Danielle Blake from Sandy Ground in St. Elizabeth.
- Blake was a Spanish teacher at the school.
- Both Blake and the taxi driver were seriously injured.
The British Empire peaked 100 years ago this month: Two new books examine the history and consequences of colonialism
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said that there were "credible reasons" ...
Quick Glance: India-Canada Dispute: Trudeau Repeats Allegation Against India Amid Row
- Trudeau repeats allegations against India as tensions escalate.
- India strongly rejects the allegations as "absurd".
- Canada reduces personnel in India due to threats on social media.
- India is willing to look at any specific information provided.
Joey Votto to play role in 'SpongeBob Musical' at Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati
Chandrayaan-3 was dormant during lunar night, but the extreme cold could have harmed ...
Quick Glance: Explained | Sun rises: India awaits potential revival of Chandrayaan-3
- Chandrayaan-3's Vikram Lander and Pragyan Rover need sunlight to warm up, charge their batteries, and receive signals.
- Chandrayaan-3 lander and rover demonstrated their ability to function during the lunar day.
- Chandrayaan-3 was put into hibernation mode during the lunar night due to lack of sunlight.
- The Russian lander provides power supply and warmth during the lunar night.
The collapsed homeware retailer's final 111 sites will shut on ...
Quick Glance: Wilko to Close All Stores After Collapse
- The retailer will close its final one of 111 stores in October.
- The closures are part of the final phase following the administration last month.
Newman called for fans to boo the Welcome to Country this weekend - and ...
Quick Glance: Sam Newman receives applause during MCG Welcome to Country
- Grant permission to view email address when using Facebook for account creation or login
Quick Glance: Lively Debate with Zingers and Grins
- Marama Davidson and Debbie Ngarewa-Packer brought excitement.
- Winston Peters and David Seymour brought controversy.
- Peters and Seymour were flanked by besuited bouncers.
- Davidson praised Peters, saying 'He taonga te kaumatua'.
Quick Glance: Keir Starmer rejects 'rule-taking' after EU stance backlash
- Rules and laws will be made in parliament according to national interest.
- Labour government does not want to lower standards.
- Labour government seeks close trading relationship, not membership in single market or customs union.
- Labour government will diverge from Brussels in certain areas, such as trade deals with other countries.
Quick Glance: Lachlan Murdoch Inherits Global Media Empire
- Over a span of seven decades, Rupert Murdoch, 92, built a global media empire starting from a single Australian newspaper.
- The Murdoch family manages News Corporation and Fox Corporation through a family trust.
- The family trust holds nearly 40 percent of the voting shares in both companies.
- Rod Tiffen, an emeritus professor at the University of Sydney, criticizes Lachlan's ascent to the leadership of News Corporation and Fox Corporation.
Thrill kings Collingwood pulled off their trademark highwire act to advance to the grand ...
Quick Glance: Collingwood's Highwire Act Secures Victory Against Giants
- Collingwood overcomes a massive challenge from Greater Western Sydney with their highwire act to advance to the final.
- The result reverses a Giants win from four years ago and keeps the dream of a Collingwood-Carlton grand final alive.
- The Giants must overcome the odds by defeating Brisbane at their Gabba fortress on Saturday.
- The Magpies were in trouble when Toby Greene intercepted a hit from Cox and successfully scored from a boundary throw-in.
Isha Ambani’s monthly salary: The annual salary of Mukesh Ambanis children has mostly been kept under wraps. But tap to check out how much Isha Ambani earns
Quick Glance: AFL CEO Condemns Welcome to Country Call
- McLachlan strongly disagrees with Newman's comments and condemns them.
- The Welcome to Country ceremony and the anthem are respected and inclusive.
- Newman doubles down on his comments and targets AFL legend Adam Goodes.
- Newman claims that those who perform the Welcome to Country benefit from it.
Quick Glance: Surprise: Ubisoft Unveils The Division 3
- Julian Gerighty returns as project leader
- Star Wars: Outlaws has the potential to be an amazing game
- Release of Star Wars: Outlaws scheduled for 2024
- The Division 3 in the early stages of conceptualization
Quick Glance: Russell Brand addresses sexual assault allegations
- Brand denied the claims before they were published, emphasizing that his relationships were always consensual.
- In a three-minute video, the actor and comedian did not directly address the allegations but made statements about what he described as 'media corruption and censorship' and 'deep state and corporate collusion'.
- In an investigation by the Sunday Times, Times, and Channel 4, four women made allegations against Brand:
- One woman alleges that Brand raped her without a condom against a wall in his Los Angeles home. She says Brand tried to stop her from leaving until she told him she was going to the bathroom.
Quick Glance: Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu's Hair Returned after 140 Years in UK
- Accompanied by Captain Charles Speedy, Prince Alemayehu was taken away by British soldiers from Ethiopia in 1868
- The crown prince died at the age of 18 in 1879 after an unhappy upbringing in Britain
- At a ceremony in London, Ethiopia's ambassador to the UK, Teferi Melesse, took possession of the hair and other artifacts looted from Emperor Tewodros's Maqdala fortress
- The Scheherazade Foundation, which facilitated the return of the hair, stated that it had originally been in the possession of Captain Speedy
Quick Glance: Police officer killed by car in Smethwick identified
- Sergeant Paul Frear served for 21 years with West Midlands Police.
- Sergeant Paul Frear, who covered the Wolverhampton local policing area (LPA), was struck by a car while on his way to work on Thursday morning near Smethwick Rolf Street Station.
- Tributes have been paid to the 'popular' police officer who served on the force for 21 years and joined in August of 2002.
- The Chair of West Midlands Police Federation, Rich Cooke, paid tribute to the fallen officer.
Ghana's President Nana Akufo-Addo has demanded the payment of reparations to African nations for the slave trade. Speaking at the UN General Assembly ... Show more
Quick Glance: Guinea Junta Leader Criticizes the West
- Population of southern white rhinoceroses increases for the first time since 2012
- African Parks plans to release 2,000 rhinoceroses after acquiring the largest private breeding facility
- South Africa to clear criminal records from Covid lockdown
- Gloria Orwoba faces trouble with colleagues again
Quick Glance: ANC expects Agoa summit to enhance trade relations with US
- The BRICS gathering attracted over 40 heads of state from Africa and various parts of the world.
- Agoa is a strategic and important trade deal that allows for reduced tariff duties on a wide range of African products entering the US market.
- The Agoa summit will also strengthen trade ties between the US and South Africa.
- The upcoming Agoa Forum in Johannesburg will attract foreign direct investment and create more job opportunities in South Africa.
Quick Glance: Dallas Mayor Joins GOP, Criticizes Democratic Policies
- Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson announced his party switch and will now serve as a Republican-affiliated mayor in the blue-leaning city.
- In a Wall Street Journal op-ed, he criticized his former party for 'exacerbated crime and homelessness'. 'The future of America’s great urban centers depends on the willingness of the nation’s mayors to champion law and order and practice fiscal conservatism,' Johnson wrote.
- President Joe Biden won Dallas County by over 30 points in the 2020 election.
- The Texas Democratic Party issued a scathing statement, accusing Johnson of being dishonest with Dallas voters.
The Indian government freed Kashmiri chief cleric and Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq on Friday after more than four years of house arrest ... Show more
Quick Glance: India frees Kashmiri leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq after 4 years
- Indian authorities release prominent Muslim cleric Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, allowing him to lead Friday prayers in Srinagar, the capital of Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK), after four years of house arrest.
- When the pro-freedom leader delivered his first Friday sermon as a free man after four years of house imprisonment, many people also shed tears.
- Mirwaiz has been at the forefront of demonstrations against Indian authority in the disputed region.
- The mosque management committee stated that senior police officials visited Mirwaiz's residence on Thursday to inform him of his release from house detention and permission to go to Jamia Masjid for Friday prayers.
Recommended for you