The BJP-backed Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) won three seats (president, secretary, joint secretary). National Students' Union of India (NSUI) won ... Show more
Quick Glance: ABVP Emerges Victorious in DU Students' Union Elections
- ABVP maintains control over the Delhi University Students' Union (DUSU) by winning three out of four seats for the third consecutive time.
- Abhi Dahiya from NSUI emerges as the vice-president.
- Polling for the four main DUSU positions took place on Friday at 52 colleges and departments across North and South campuses.
- Similar to previous years, ABVP and NSUI engage in a direct competition.
Quick Glance: Dallas Mayor Joins GOP, Criticizes Democratic Policies
- Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson announced his party switch and will now serve as a Republican-affiliated mayor in the blue-leaning city.
- In a Wall Street Journal op-ed, he criticized his former party for 'exacerbated crime and homelessness'. 'The future of America’s great urban centers depends on the willingness of the nation’s mayors to champion law and order and practice fiscal conservatism,' Johnson wrote.
- President Joe Biden won Dallas County by over 30 points in the 2020 election.
- The Texas Democratic Party issued a scathing statement, accusing Johnson of being dishonest with Dallas voters.
Quick Glance: Five Indicators of Republican Electoral Setbacks
- Republicans have faced multiple electoral and legal defeats, raising concerns about their ability to regain the White House.
- A recent Harvard-Harris survey showed that Trump would have the support of 44 percent of Americans in a presidential election matchup against Biden, compared to just 40 percent for the incumbent. However, the GOP's national improvement has not translated into success at the state level, where the party suffered losses in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Florida.
- In August, Ohio voters rejected a Republican attempt to make it harder to protect abortion rights in the state constitution.
- In July, a court in New York ordered lawmakers to redraw electoral boundaries, which is expected to give Democrats an advantage in several more seats.
Quick Glance: Lively Debate with Zingers and Grins
- Marama Davidson and Debbie Ngarewa-Packer brought excitement.
- Winston Peters and David Seymour brought controversy.
- Peters and Seymour were flanked by besuited bouncers.
- Davidson praised Peters, saying 'He taonga te kaumatua'.
Eva Glawischnig shaped the Greens for 20 years. Under her, the Greens won one election after another, partly because they were not in government ... Show more
Quick Glance: A Shake with Eva Glawischnig
- The menu offers Panini with mozzarella, salami, or ham, each served with chips, or a ham and cheese toast.
- Eva Glawischnig has come a long way from Seeboden am Millstätter See to Münchendorf bei Gramatneusiedl, where she currently resides.
- She enjoys meeting for meals at an ice cream parlor.
- After experiencing a burnout, Glawischnig resigned and took up golfing, finding it relaxing and revealing of people's true nature.
A proposed anti-gay bill in Kenya would see gays and lesbians jailed for 50 years for non-consensual sex. The draft law is recommending a ban on ... Show more
Quick Glance: Corruption: Son of Ousted Gabonese President Faces Bribery Charges
- Chemirmir exploited his role as a caregiver or maintenance worker to gain access to care homes in north Texas.
- Another drone strike in Dembecha allegedly resulted in the deaths of about 18 people.
- The EU provided financial support to the project aimed at enhancing the capacity of the electoral commission.
- The union also emphasized that the funding withdrawal will encourage responsible management of EU development funds.
Quick Glance: Lachlan Murdoch Inherits Global Media Empire
- Over a span of seven decades, Rupert Murdoch, 92, built a global media empire starting from a single Australian newspaper.
- The Murdoch family manages News Corporation and Fox Corporation through a family trust.
- The family trust holds nearly 40 percent of the voting shares in both companies.
- Rod Tiffen, an emeritus professor at the University of Sydney, criticizes Lachlan's ascent to the leadership of News Corporation and Fox Corporation.
Quick Glance: No Labels in Arizona: Democratic Concerns about Biden Spoiler
- Over 15,000 people in Arizona have registered to join a new political party supporting a potential bipartisan 'unity ticket' against Joe Biden and Donald Trump.
- In Arizona, which Biden won by about 10,000 votes, the state Democratic Party sued Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, also a Democrat, in an attempt to prevent No Labels from appearing on the ballot.
- Richard Grayson described it as a kind of performance art and promptly endorsed Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris after switching to No Labels.
- In Arizona, Biden was endorsed by former Republican Senator Jeff Flake and Cindy McCain, the widow of Senator John McCain - a lifelong Republican who publicly clashed with Trump.
No matter where the Greens go, they are yelled at, whistled at, and now stones are flying ...
The Greens in the election campaign in Bavaria
Quick Glance: Greens in Election Campaign: Hate and Chicken
- Dirndl, chicken, stones, and the Lord - what should be mentioned first?
- The Greens are delivering a strong message in the election campaign in Bavaria.
- The campaign revolves around hate and tradition.
- Voters can expect an exciting mix of traditional attire and political debate.
Quick Glance: Markus Söder reelected as CSU leader two weeks before state election
- Fourth election as CSU leader for Söder
- 87.6 percent voted for him two years ago
- CSU faces one of its worst election results in Bavarian state election
- Delegates visibly support Söder for state election
Quick Glance: Ron DeSantis: Problem with GOP Vaccine Skepticism
- DeSantis openly aligned himself with vaccine skepticism, which is rare among presidential candidates.
- He discussed placing conspiracy theorist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in a top public health role.
- His team criticized Trump's early push for the Covid vaccine.
- DeSantis is praised for rejecting lockdowns and vaccine mandates.
For the CSU it goes in the "Bavaria monitor" again upward. It seems open shortly before the election whether the Greens, Free Voters or AfD will gain more ... Show more
Quick Glance: Bavaria Monitor: CSU Recovery, Three-way Battle for Second Place
- CSU is approaching its 2018 result.
- Greens lose one percentage point, Free Voters gain two, AfD drops by four percentage points.
- Free Voters continue their upward trend, reaching their highest value of the year just before the election.
- Greens remain in a poll slump after holding second place uncontested for many months.
Quick Glance: National unveils document outlining current economic plan
- National Party leader Christopher Luxon announces comprehensive 100-point economic policy.
- National has revealed its 100-point plan for economic recovery, a list of policies announced ahead of this year's election.
- The plan focuses on the six key drivers of growth, as stated by National Party leader Christopher Luxon.
- Luxon states that his party is the only one with a plan to rebuild the economy and move forward.
Pakistan's Election Commission announces poll date: The Election Commission of Pakistan has formally announced the date bracket for general elections the polls ...
Quick Glance: David McCormick joins the Senate race in Pennsylvania
- Former CEO of Bridgewater Associates, David McCormick, officially begins his campaign to defeat Democratic Senator Bob Casey in Pennsylvania.
- McCormick announced his candidacy during a kickoff event in Pittsburgh.
- Both national and Pennsylvania Republicans consider McCormick the top choice to defeat Casey.
- The McCormick campaign will face several challenges.
Quick Glance: US Senator Menendez Indicted for Bribery
- Indictment unsealed against chair of powerful foreign relations committee and his wife
- Menendez, Democratic senator from New Jersey, allegedly accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes
- He is accused of using his influence to benefit the Government of Egypt
- Further allegations include attempting to disrupt a criminal investigation
Quick Glance: Can Milei's Radical Libertarianism Save Argentina?
- Our interview explores his unconventional economic ideas and authoritarian tendencies.
- Argentina is in need of salvation.
- He draws inspiration from Australia, Israel, Ireland, and New Zealand for his political and economic models.
- This publication would welcome the dawn of a new era of liberalism in Argentina with Mr. Milei at the forefront.
Quick Glance: National introduces new parent visa category
- National plans to introduce a new visa category to make it easier for parents and grandparents of migrants to visit their family.
- The multiple entry Parent Visa Boost would be valid for five years and could be renewed for a further five years.
- They would also be required to have health insurance during their stay and would need to meet standard Immigration New Zealand health and other requirements to receive their visa.
- Allowing migrants to live with their parents or grandparents will help them better integrate into New Zealand by assisting with childcare, providing stability, and offering emotional support.
Recommended for you