Christopher Nolan praised Zack Snyder's "Watchmen," calling the 2009 ...
Quick Glance: Christopher Nolan Praises Zack Snyder's 'Watchmen'
- Christopher Nolan praises Zack Snyder's 'Watchmen' for pushing the boundaries of superhero films.
- Nolan calls the film 'ahead of its time', especially compared to Marvel's 'Avengers'.
- Snyder discusses 'Justice League' and emphasizes his deep commitment to the Snyder Cut.
- Snyder considers adapting 'Elektra Lives Again' or 'The Dark Knight Returns' within the 'Daredevil' or 'The Dark Knight' universe.
The actor, famed for his role as drug dealer Jimmy Corkhill in ...
'British soap icon'
Quick Glance: Brookside Actor Dean Sullivan Passes Away at 68
- Sullivan played Jimmy Corkhill in Brookside from 1986 to 2003, becoming the longest-serving cast member and a British soap icon.
- Born and educated in Liverpool, Sullivan starred in Brookside during its peak, regularly drawing audiences of eight million.
- In 2003, Sullivan won the British Soap Award for outstanding achievement for his 17-year role as Jimmy in the Mersey TV soap.
- Jimmy was Brookside's longest-serving character, with Sullivan filming more episodes than any other actor.
Quick Glance: Piers exposes identities of royal racism suspects
- Piers Morgan reveals the names of the royals who allegedly expressed concerns about the skin color of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s son Archie.
- Morgan claims the names are King Charles III and Princess Kate Middleton, wife of Prince William, Harry’s older brother.
- In a new book, the author alleges that Markle wrote private letters to Charles naming two royals who took part in troubling conversations.
- Morgan believes that even though he doesn’t think racist comments were made, the British public has a right to know this information.
Quick Glance: Flight Powered by Fat and Sugar Crosses Atlantic
- Virgin Atlantic tests sustainable fuel on London to New York flight
- Fuel made from waste fats and plant sugars emits 70% less carbon
- Experts see sustainable fuels as crucial for reducing aviation industry's carbon footprint
- Sustainable Aviation Fuels currently account for about 0.1% of airlines' fuel consumption
Quick Glance: Ukraine Conflict: Recent Territorial Gains in Awdijiwka
- Significant territorial gains by the Russian army in Awdijiwka.
- Military expert Marcus Keupp highlights ongoing successes of Ukraine.
- Potential advantage for Ukraine.
- Ukraine's strategic position would be strengthened by the loss of personnel strength at the front.
Amid questions over Western resolve, Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken and other diplomats stressed their ...
Quick Glance: NATO Urges Continued Support for Ukraine
- Stoltenberg urges NATO members to continue supporting Ukraine in its battle against Russia.
- The US has provided over $40bn in security aid to Ukraine and pledged to back Kyiv for as long as necessary.
- Recent pledges from Germany and the Netherlands worth $11bn show NATO's commitment to supporting Kyiv.
- Ukraine's Foreign Minister will lobby for continued NATO backing at the summit despite concerns over the future of Western support.
Quick Glance: The Loss of Charlie Munger
- Renowned billionaire Charlie Munger has passed away at the age of 99.
- His death was officially announced by Berkshire Hathaway.
- As vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, Munger was a pivotal figure for the company.
- His legacy leaves a lasting impact on the world of investments.
Around 300 wolves currently live in Switzerland - Soon there will likely be ...
After attacks on sheep
Quick Glance: Switzerland Authorizes Culling of 12 Wolf Packs
- Approximately 300 wolves currently inhabit Switzerland, a number that is expected to decrease significantly soon.
- In response to farmer complaints, the environmental authority has approved the culling of numerous animals in five cantons.
- The Federal Office for the Environment has granted requests from five cantons.
- In the canton of Valais, seven out of 13 packs with around 34 animals are authorized for culling.
Quick Glance: Virat Kohli to Skip T20Is and ODI Cricket Until March 2024
- Kohli informed the BCCI of his unavailability for white-ball matches without a specific timeline.
- India's upcoming schedule includes six white-ball games in South Africa following the Australia series.
- Virat Kohli, a senior batter for India, will take an indefinite break from white-ball cricket until at least March 2024.
- Following the World Cup final disappointment, Kohli was rested for the five-match T20 International series against Australia.
How did a Dutch translation appear to identify a member of the Royal Family in a race row?
Quick Glance: Royal Scandal: Translation Mishap Reveals Name
- Dutch translation of Omid Scobie's book Endgame reveals a name associated with a long-standing race controversy not found in the original text.
- The error is depicted as highly embarrassing, prompting the swift removal of the book from shelves.
- The publisher's managing director acknowledged the mistake and assured that it is being rectified, but the cause remains unclear.
- Speculation arises that the name in the Dutch version may have been part of a draft or a previous edit that was mistakenly not updated in the Dutch version.
Quick Glance: Scholz Justifies Expenditure in Government Declaration
- Chancellor justifies additional federal spending in government declaration.
- Scholz emphasizes calm in government declaration at the Bundestag.
- Scholz admits mistakes and emphasizes unpredictability of the situation.
- Opposition criticizes Scholz's budget policy and lack of plan.
After his confession that he had invented the alleged case of anti-Semitism in ...
"I'm disappointed as a person"
Quick Glance: Ofarim Admits False Accusation in Defamation Case
- Gil Ofarim drops bombshell with confession on the sixth day of the trial.
- Musician admits to lying about alleged antisemitic incident.
- Defamation and false accusation case closed after singer's confession.
- Ofarim deletes incriminating video and confesses to lying.
Quick Glance: Sweden Backs Finland's Border Closure with Russia
- Sweden supports Finland's measures to protect the border with Russia and sees it as an attack by Russia on the EU.
- Hundreds of asylum seekers have arrived from Russia at border points between Russia and Finland in recent weeks.
- Some of the asylum seekers have had their claims rejected or withdrawn.
- Finland has already closed almost all border crossings with Russia and is prepared to close the last crossing if necessary.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!