Safina Namukwaya used IVF treatment to conceive and gave birth via caesarean.
Quick Glance: 70-Year-Old Ugandan Woman Gives Birth to Twins
- In an interview with the Monitor, Ms. Namukwaya expressed her anticipation of a miracle happening on Wednesday.
- Carrying twins at her age was not something she had expected or planned.
- Her partner organized transport to the hospital after she expressed her inability to afford it.
- Feeling insulted for being childless, Ms. Namukwaya decided to get pregnant.
Quick Glance: Tesla Unveils Cybertruck for $61,000
- Elon Musk presented the futuristic electric vehicle in Austin and began delivering to buyers.
- The Cybertruck is priced at $61,000 to $100,000, depending on the model.
- Tesla showcased videos of the Cybertruck beating other vehicles in a towing competition and a race.
- Competition from Ford and Rivian has also increased with their own electric pickups.
Republicans and Democrats have offered resolutions to remove ...
Quick Glance: Congressman Accused of Fraud
- Image caption: George Santos has refused to resign despite a host of fraud and other allegations against him
- It is alleged that Mr Santos misused campaign funds and employed 'repeated dishonesty and deception' to gain a seat in Congress
- A spokesperson for his congressional office declined to comment on personal allegations
- Tiffany Bogosian, a lawyer who attended middle school with Mr Santos in Sunnyside, Queens, stated that he tried to please everyone from a young age
Quick Glance: Lonely Elephant Mali Dies After 40 Years
- Mali, the elephant that lived alone in a Manila zoo for over 40 years, described by animal rights activists as 'one of the world's saddest elephants', died on Tuesday (Nov 28).
- Manila Mayor Honey Lacuna announced in a video message on Facebook that Vishwa Ma'ali - the elephant's full name - passed away at 3:45 pm.
- Mali was the star attraction at Manila Zoo.
- Mali was sent as a gift from Sri Lanka to then Philippine First Lady Imelda Marcos in 1977.
Quick Glance: Closure of Pontins Holiday Parks in Prestatyn and Camber Sands
- Customers will be informed about the closure
- Prestatyn, Denbighshire site to be closed immediately
- Another park in Camber Sands, East Sussex, will also be closed immediately
- Affected customers will be contacted and refunded
Quick Glance: Struggling Single Mum: Financial Challenges for Christmas on £23k Salary
- A single mum's online claim about being unable to afford the Christmas she wants on a £23,000 salary has sparked discussions.
- Abbie Palmer, a customer services manager, had to skip a festive food shop at Aldi due to financial constraints.
- She typically spends £300 on each of her children at Christmas but can only afford a total of £100 this year.
- Abbie suspects she has anemia but fears seeking medical help due to financial concerns.
Quick Glance: Pogues Frontman Shane MacGowan Passes Away at 65
- The frontman of The Pogues, Shane MacGowan, has passed away at the age of 65.
- In recent years, MacGowan had been battling various health issues and was recently treated for an infection in Dublin.
- Thanks to the 1987 hit Fairytale Of New York, the Irish star will forever be associated with the festive season.
- MacGowan was known as a punk rebel and for his excessive lifestyle, which also took a toll on his health.
Quick Glance: Dairy Billionaire Meets Privately with Alice Weidel
- Milk mogul Theo Müller confirms regular meetings with AfD leader Alice Weidel.
- Müller confirms first contact with AfD according to media report.
- Müller emphasizes no financial support for AfD personally or through his company.
- Weidel's spokesperson confirms no donations from Müller or his associates.
Quick Glance: GM Announces $10 Billion Stock Buyback and Dividend Increase
- GM plans to raise the quarterly dividend next year by 33% to 12 cents per share; launch an accelerated $10 billion repurchase program; and reinstate its 2023 forecast to include an estimated EBIT-adjusted impact from six weeks of U.S. labor strikes.
- GM CEO Mary Barra stated that the company is finalizing a budget for next year to fully offset the additional costs of new labor agreements.
- Net income for stockholders of $9.1 billion to $9.7 billion, compared to a previous outlook of $9.3 billion to $10.7 billion.
- Adjusted earnings per share of approximately $7.20 to $7.70 including the stock buyback, compared to the previous outlook of $7.15 to $8.15.
Quick Glance: Tesla files lawsuit against Sweden over strikes
- IF Metall Stockholms län chairman Emma Hansson supports strike
- Tesla sues Transport Agency for unfair treatment
- 130 staff at Tesla repair shops demand better working conditions
- Eight other unions target Tesla in sympathy with the repair workers
Quick Glance: Tragic Loss: Beloved Coventry Chip Shop Owner Passes at 51
- A beloved Coventry chip shop owner has passed away at the age of 51. His sudden passing occurred on Friday, November 17.
- He was well-known in the city as the face of the highly-regarded chip shop Charlies Plaice on Sewall Highway in Wyken.
- On the evening of November 16, he was working at his cherished chip shop.
- Although he went to bed later that evening, he passed away in the early hours of the morning, as reported by his family.
Quick Glance: Comer Rejects Public Hearing for Hunter Biden
- Comer stated that Democrats would be 'yelling and screaming' at a public hearing with Hunter Biden.
- Over 10,000 pages of documents regarding Hunter Biden’s financial transactions with enemies worldwide have been obtained.
- Hunter Biden's attorney proposed a public hearing in response to a subpoena but was denied.
- Comer denied the request to make the December testimony public but offered to do so after the private deposition.
Quick Glance: Jamie Lynn Spears leaves I'm A Celebrity in shocking exit
- Singer and actress Jamie Lynn Spears has left the Australian jungle camp for medical reasons.
- Last week, she threatened to quit after becoming emotional due to missing her children.
- On Monday, she informed her campmates that she has left the camp for medical reasons.
Quick Glance: Detroit's Electric Roadway Innovation
- Detroit is now the home of the first roadway in the USA capable of wirelessly charging electric cars, whether parked or in motion.
- Electrified roads could also facilitate the operation of electric buses, delivery vans, long-haul trucks, and robotaxis around the clock.
- Starting in 2024, Michigan will begin soliciting bids for the reconstruction of a section of US-12 (Michigan Avenue) to install additional inductive charging.
- When an electric car with an approved receiver reaches the in-road charging station, the road wirelessly transfers electric energy through a magnetic field.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!