Quick Glance: Russell Brand addresses sexual assault allegations
- Brand denied the claims before they were published, emphasizing that his relationships were always consensual.
- In a three-minute video, the actor and comedian did not directly address the allegations but made statements about what he described as 'media corruption and censorship' and 'deep state and corporate collusion'.
- In an investigation by the Sunday Times, Times, and Channel 4, four women made allegations against Brand:
- One woman alleges that Brand raped her without a condom against a wall in his Los Angeles home. She says Brand tried to stop her from leaving until she told him she was going to the bathroom.
Quick Glance: Biden establishes office for gun control
- President Biden advocates for gun safety laws
- Vice President Harris oversees the office for gun control
- Thousands of people die each year in the US due to gun violence
- Democrats support stricter gun laws to reduce violence
Quick Glance: AFL CEO Condemns Welcome to Country Call
- McLachlan strongly disagrees with Newman's comments and condemns them.
- The Welcome to Country ceremony and the anthem are respected and inclusive.
- Newman doubles down on his comments and targets AFL legend Adam Goodes.
- Newman claims that those who perform the Welcome to Country benefit from it.
Quick Glance: Consequences of India's Murder Directive in Canada
- Western nations have tolerated the Indian government's abuse for too long.
- India has consistently objected to being grouped together with its violent and chaotic neighbor in the phrase 'Indo-Pakistan'.
- India has faced long-standing accusations of assassinating militants and dissidents within its own region.
- Reports suggest that Canada has shared intelligence about the murder with its allies in the 'Five Eyes' pact.
Pay or be imprisoned: Refugees with no prospect ...
To avoid detention pending deportation
Quick Glance: Italy Demands 5000 Euro Bail from Rejected Asylum Seekers
- Rejected refugees must deposit 4938 euros to avoid detention.
- The decree covers accommodation, living expenses, and repatriation costs.
- Most refugees do not have enough money to pay the bail.
Quick Glance: Exceptional Mountie Killed in Coquitlam: Father of Six
- A decorated RCMP officer was killed in a shooting at a Coquitlam condo complex.
- Two other Mounties were seriously injured during the police operation.
- Another officer was seen being wheeled into an ambulance with chest compressions in front of the building at 3007 Glen Dr.
- Coquitlam Mayor Richard Stewart expresses condolences and solidarity with RCMP officers nationwide.
Quick Glance: New Swiss Foreign Policy
- Radical rethink of foreign policy due to Russian aggression
- Neutrality based on the 1907 Hague Convention
- Neutrality in the national interest of the majority
- Switzerland's good offices in relation to neutrality
Quick Glance: US Senator Menendez Indicted for Bribery
- Indictment unsealed against chair of powerful foreign relations committee and his wife
- Menendez, Democratic senator from New Jersey, allegedly accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes
- He is accused of using his influence to benefit the Government of Egypt
- Further allegations include attempting to disrupt a criminal investigation
The environment and Māori identity were hot button topics among ...
Ngā Manu Kōrero speech competition
Quick Glance: Ngā Manu Kōrero: Empowering Māori Youth through Speech Competition
- Participants of a pōwhiri at Te Whakataetae ā-Motu mō Ngā Manu Kōrero 2023 ki Ōtākou, a speech competition in Dunedin
- Environment and Māori identity were key topics among rangatahi at this year's Ngā Manu Kōrero speech competition
- The competition serves as a platform for rangatahi Māori, and many Māori leaders in te reo, kapa haka, and media have found success through Manu Kōrero in their youth.
Quick Glance: Divergent Views on Immigration: Emmanuel Macron and Pope Francis
- The French president and the pontiff will meet during an episcopal visit to Marseille.
- Macron advocates for firmness and control of migratory flows, while the pope supports the broadest possible reception of foreigners.
- The pope is expected to offer a prayer for migrants who have disappeared at sea.
- On Saturday, he is scheduled to meet French President Emmanuel Macron in Marseille.
Quick Glance: Lively Debate with Zingers and Grins
- Marama Davidson and Debbie Ngarewa-Packer brought excitement.
- Winston Peters and David Seymour brought controversy.
- Peters and Seymour were flanked by besuited bouncers.
- Davidson praised Peters, saying 'He taonga te kaumatua'.
Quick Glance: Amy Dowden: Toughest Step in Cancer Treatment
- Amy asks friends and family to cut off her hair to prepare for the next phase of her cancer treatment.
- Taking to Instagram, the 33-year-old Amy shares that she is taking control of her cancer treatment.
- The Caerphilly-born dancer, who joined BBC's Strictly Come Dancing in 2017, was treated in intensive care after her first round of chemotherapy last month.
- Amy is missing every possible aspect of dancing.
Quick Glance: Harris Leads New Office for Preventing Gun Violence
- Vice President Kamala Harris plays a leading role in gun safety policy.
- President Joe Biden officially announces the new office on Friday during a Rose Garden event with invited advocates and lawmakers.
- Harris guides the office, according to a statement from the White House.
- The new Office of Gun Violence Prevention will have a crucial role in implementing President Biden’s and my efforts to reduce violence within the bounds of the law and also to encourage collaboration among Congressional leaders, state and local leaders, and advocates to build upon the significant progress we have made in saving lives.
Taipei, Sept. 22 (CNA) Thirteen of the 37 special and grand prizes in the May and ...
Eight NT$10 million receipt lottery prizes remained unclaimed
Quick Glance: Unclaimed NT$10 Million Lottery Prizes
- Thirteen out of the 37 special and grand prizes from the May and June lottery have not yet been claimed, including eight worth NT$10 million and five worth NT$2 million.
- Additionally, five out of the 16 NT$2 million grand prizes for receipts with the serial number 12912565 remain unclaimed.
- The next draw for the July-August lottery will take place on September 25.
Quick Glance: US supports proposed multinational force in Haiti with $100 million
- The people in Haiti are in urgent need of support.
- Haitian Prime Minister Ariel Henry emphasizes the urgency and the need for police and military.
- It is crucial for the Security Council to authorize the mission as soon as possible.
- The support mission will not replace political progress.
Quick Glance: Boebert Promises to Bring More 'Levity' to Constituents After Harassment Scandal
- She sincerely apologizes to the people in Colorado's third district, whom she loves.
- In her role, it is her duty to bring levity to her constituents' lives, never gravity.
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said that there were "credible reasons" ...
Quick Glance: India-Canada Dispute: Trudeau Repeats Allegation Against India Amid Row
- Trudeau repeats allegations against India as tensions escalate.
- India strongly rejects the allegations as "absurd".
- Canada reduces personnel in India due to threats on social media.
- India is willing to look at any specific information provided.
Quick Glance: 9/11 Defendant Declared Incompetent for Trial
- A US military judge has declared one of the defendants in the September 11 attacks as incompetent for trial.
- Doctors previously diagnosed the man with psychosis.
- Nearly 3,000 people were killed in the Islamist attacks on September 11.
- Ramsi bin al-Shibh was arrested in Pakistan in September 2002.
Quick Glance: 9/11 defendant ruled unfit for trial due to torture-induced psychosis
- A military judge in Guantanamo Bay has declared one of the 9/11 defendants unfit for trial after a military medical panel determined that the man's sustained abuse in CIA custody has left him permanently psychotic.
- Pre-trial hearings for the remaining defendants resumed on Friday in the military courtroom at the U.S. naval base in Cuba.
- No trial date has been set for the case, which has been delayed by logistical issues, high turnover, and legal challenges.
- A military medical panel last month diagnosed al-Shibh with post-traumatic stress disorder and secondary psychosis, attributing it to his torture and solitary confinement during his four years in CIA custody following his 2002 arrest.
Quick Glance: Driver sets trap for his own destruction - Funeral of Wexford couple in Rome
- Mourners hear how Paul and Mary O'Brien were 'truly good people, loving and kind, faithful and genuine'
- Community of Kilmore will suffer the consequences of the driver's actions for years to come
- Italian driver with traces of cocaine in his system kills Paul and Mary O'Brien in Rome
- Paul and Mary leave a huge void in their families and experience immeasurable grief
Pop singer Heino caused a stir on Tuesday morning with an interview on Sat.1 breakfast television. The reason for the dispute? Heino had made derogatory ... Show more
Quick Glance: Heino triggers gender controversy on TV
- Heino discusses gendering and traditions.
- The broadcaster responds - show no longer accessible.
- Heino, at nearly 85, refuses to be dictated how to speak.
- Heino sings about his culture here.
Ruth Moschner is known as a strong opinionated personality. Is it any wonder that the Heino scandal ...
Heino scandal - Ruth Moschner comments
Quick Glance: Heino: Organizer Threatens to Cancel Performance
- After his criticized performance, Heino now faces a potential cancellation.
- The criticism was so intense that it prompted a response from the broadcaster.
- The organizers are now considering canceling the performance.
Recommended for you