Quick Glance: NATO Urges Continued Support for Ukraine
- Stoltenberg urges NATO members to continue supporting Ukraine in its battle against Russia.
- The US has provided over $40bn in security aid to Ukraine and pledged to back Kyiv for as long as necessary.
- Recent pledges from Germany and the Netherlands worth $11bn show NATO's commitment to supporting Kyiv.
- Ukraine's Foreign Minister will lobby for continued NATO backing at the summit despite concerns over the future of Western support.
After Russia is alleged to have deliberately brought asylum seekers without valid papers to ...
Accusations against Moscow
Quick Glance: Sweden Backs Finland's Border Closure with Russia
- Sweden supports Finland's measures to protect the border with Russia and sees it as an attack by Russia on the EU.
- Hundreds of asylum seekers have arrived from Russia at border points between Russia and Finland in recent weeks.
- Some of the asylum seekers have had their claims rejected or withdrawn.
- Finland has already closed almost all border crossings with Russia and is prepared to close the last crossing if necessary.
Geert Wilders’s Dutch election win is a headache for Europe: Hard-right parties are now part of the political landscape
Quick Glance: Geert Wilders and the Dutch Election Impact
- The rise of hard-right parties in the political landscape
- Geert Wilders's victory in the Dutch election on November 22nd has received praise from across Europe, particularly from right-wing political groups.
- Mr. Wilders's presence poses a challenge for the EU, accustomed to navigating differences between centrist parties of the left and right.
- The likelihood of further success for hard-right parties in upcoming elections is high.
Quick Glance: Can a Climate Summit in an Oil State Make a Difference?
- This year's United Nations (UN) climate change meeting is set to occur in Dubai from November 30 to December 12.
- The hosts of the world's most crucial climate conference are the United Arab Emirates (UAE) - ranking among the top ten oil producers globally.
- The intention of the UAE to leverage climate negotiations before COP28 for oil and gas deals has raised concerns.
- Can a summit in one of the world's wealthiest oil states truly result in significant actions against climate change?
Beijing has sought to practice “major country diplomacy” on climate issues ...
Quick Glance: UN Climate Talks: Impact of Israel-Hamas Conflict
- International cooperation crucial to prevent catastrophic climate change effects
- Funding for climate action at risk due to Gaza conflict
- Efforts to shield climate diplomacy from war influences by major powers
- Dubai to host UN climate talks, home to the world's tallest building, the Burj Khalifa
WHO says lack of medicines, vaccination activities, access to safe water and hygiene could ...
Israel-Hamas war live news
Quick Glance: Israel to Investigate Hamas Report on Kidnapped Baby's Death
- Israeli army to verify Hamas claim of three hostages, including a baby, dying in Israeli airstrikes.
- Hostages' family demanded immediate release and appealed.
- German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier visiting Qatar to discuss hostages.
The United Nations ambassadors of the United States and North Korea sparred at the Security Council over Pyongyang's first spy satellite launch and the reasons ... Show more
Quick Glance: North Korea Admits Opposition Votes in Elections
- The internationally isolated North Korea has for the first time in over 50 years allowed votes for the opposition in regional elections.
- Voter turnout in North Korea is typically over 99 percent.
- A diplomat from the South Korean Ministry of Unification confirmed the first official acknowledgment of opposition votes since the 1960s.
UN hopes to end AIDS by 2030: The United Nations said Tuesday it is still possible to reach the "end of AIDS" by 2030 – but only if communities and ...
Quick Glance: Rise of Hard Right in Dutch Politics
- Inclusion of hard-right in ruling coalitions is becoming common
- Geert Wilders's victory poses a challenge for the EU
- Further success for the hard right in upcoming elections is likely
- Restricting migration remains a key focus for the hard right
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!