Quick Glance: Record-Breaking Budget for Marvel's Upcoming Film
- Marvel Studios' upcoming film, The Marvels, has a budget even larger than previously reported.
- Disney (Marvel's parent company) has now revealed that it actually spent $274.8 million on the Captain Marvel sequel.
- The Marvels' newly claimed record previously belonged to Disney's 2018 iteration of A Wrinkle in Time.
- The predecessor film to The Marvels, 2019's Captain Marvel, grossed an impressive $1.131 billion worldwide.
Quick Glance: Ryan Reynolds criticizes Pumpkin Spice, prefers Portland's Aviation Gin
- Ryan Reynolds, actor and co-owner of Portland-based Aviation Gin.
- In a humorous ad, Reynolds speaks directly to the camera, sharing his thoughts on Pumpkin Spice Season.
- Reynolds points out the obsession with pumpkin spice that takes over our minds for a few months each year.
- Finishing by adding a garnish to the Negroni, Reynolds says, '(Bleep) you, pumpkin spice.'
Quick Glance: Chris Evans Confirms Tarantino: Captain America is the Star, Not Him
- Chris Evans agrees with Quentin Tarantino to some extent that Marvel killed the movie star.
- The filmmaker said last year that people go to see a Marvel movie because Captain America is the star or Thor is the star, and not because...
Every Spider-Man movie, ranked from worst to best: Your definitive guide to all takes on the friendly neighbourhood web-shooter.
Quick Glance: Disneyland: Frozen, Black Panther, and Coco Experiences Announced
- Disneyland may introduce new themed areas and attractions based on Frozen, Black Panther, Coco, and Avatar.
- Disney Parks Chairman Josh D'Amaro mentioned the possibility of new areas or attractions based on Frozen's Arendelle, Black Panther's Wakanda, and Coco's Santa Cecilia.
- Disney presents concept art for future expansions at the Disneyland Resort, including themed areas like Tangled, Frozen, and Peter Pan in Tokyo Disneyland and Zootopia in Shanghai Disneyland.
- Rumors of a Black Panther themed area in DisneylandForward are causing excitement in the Disney community.
Quick Glance: First sighting of Hugh Jackman after separation
- After 27 years of marriage, the couple announced their separation to pursue personal growth.
- The separation has come as a surprise to many.
- In April, Jackman praised his wife in an Instagram post on their 27th wedding anniversary.
Shawn Levy is giving insight into ...
'Deadpool 3' Director Teases Hugh Jackman's Comic-Accurate Wolverine Suit
Quick Glance: Deadpool 3 Director Teases Wolverine's Comic-Accurate Suit
- Director Shawn Levy provides insight into Deadpool 3 and the comic-accurate suit that Hugh Jackman will be sporting in the MCU film.
Quick Glance: Successful Union Vote by Marvel VFX Workers
- Visual effects workers at Marvel Studios have voted to form a unique union with the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees.
- Following the successful vote, the Marvel VFX union will now engage in collective bargaining negotiations with Marvel.
- The union drive was fueled by the poor working conditions experienced by visual effects professionals on Marvel productions, including lack of pay equity, long hours, and unfair deadlines.
- VFX crews have been a vital part of film and TV productions since the introduction of visual effects in the first Star Wars films of the 1970s.
Recommended for you