In this exclusive excerpt from ‘Leslie F*cking Jones: A Memoir,’ the comedian writes about how ...
Quick Glance: Unequal Pay in Ghostbusters: Leslie Jones Only Received 1% of Melissa McCarthy’s Salary
- Leslie Jones shares in her memoir that she earned significantly less than her co-stars in 2016's Ghostbusters and reflects on the online harassment.
- In her memoir Leslie F*cking Jones (as excerpted by Rolling Stones), the SNL alum reveals the racist backlash she faced for her role in the all-female-led remake of the supernatural '80s classic directed by Paul Feig.
- Jones fought to get more pay (in the end, she received $150,000), but the message was clear: 'This will make you big - you're set for life' as if I hadn't already had a successful career for decades.
- However, the payment for Jones' leading role in Ghostbusters was not the reason behind the 'big controversy' she felt throughout the entire experience.
Quick Glance: Report Reveals Toxic Workplace Environment at Jimmy Fallon
- 16 employees of The Tonight Show accuse Jimmy Fallon of misconduct.
- The report also includes allegations against the show's showrunners.
- Similar allegations were made against Ellen DeGeneres.
The former president is facing four indictments he has repeatedly tried to ...
Donald Trump Tells NBC
Quick Glance: Trump: No Self-Pardon During Presidency
- The complete NBC interview with Trump will be aired on Sunday.
- Trump finds no justification for the indictments against him.
- Trump commented on Hunter Biden's indictment on three federal gun charges.
- Trump is facing four indictments with a total of 91 federal and state charges.
Quick Glance: Trump's Silence on Capitol Violence and Potential Prosecutions
- During a TV interview, Trump refused to disclose whom he called during the attack.
- Trump is facing federal charges for his attempts to overturn the election but not for the insurrection.
- Trump is considering pardoning former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, who was sentenced to 22 years in prison.
- Trump doesn't care if abortion is banned federally or regulated by state laws.
Quick Glance: Accusations against Jimmy Fallon: 'The Tonight Show' as a 'Toxic Workplace'
- Former and current employees describe 'The Tonight Show' as a toxic workplace
- The unpleasant atmosphere is attributed to Fallon's unpredictable behavior
- Employees report being humiliated and intimidated by superiors, including Fallon himself
- Fallon has yet to provide a public statement regarding the allegations
Quick Glance: Leslie Jones: Chris Rock in Counseling After Oscars Slap
- Jones details how Chris Rock coped with the infamous Oscars slap from Will Smith.
- Jones was personally furious about the situation, especially knowing Smith well.
- Rock made a joke.
- Smith later apologized to Rock and admitted to being 'fogged out' during the outburst.
Quick Glance: WWE's 'SmackDown' to Return in $1.4 Billion Deal with NBCUniversal's USA Network
- WWE's 'Friday Night SmackDown' will return to USA Network in October 2024 as part of a five-year partnership between TKO Group Holdings and NBCUniversal.
- The deal amounts to an average of $287 million per year, with a total value of over $1.4 billion, according to sources familiar with the matter.
- WWE does not expect to reach a rights agreement for its flagship show 'Raw' until next year.
- 'SmackDown' was last seen on USA Network from 2016 to 2019.
Quick Glance: Sophie Turner sues Joe Jonas for return of children to 'forever home' in England
- Sophie Turner files petition in New York City for Jonas to return their children to their home in England.
- Turner planned to return to England this month with the children, but Jonas refused to give them their passports.
- Jonas has been caring for the children while Turner was working on a new series.
- Turner outlines the couple's efforts to find their 'forever home' in England and their agreement to settle in the UK.
Trump claims genetic edge if re-elected in 2024: Trump, 77, is just a few years younger than Biden, 80, and has avoided criticizing the president's age.
Trump says he does not worry about possible jail time in criminal cases: Trump said Sunday he does not worry about potential jail time surrounding his four ...
Quick Glance: ‘The Equalizer 3’ Sets Global Records
- Despite ongoing industry strikes, The Equalizer 3 exceeded expectations in its opening weekend, earning $42 million.
- Sony's The Equalizer 3 surpassed the $100 million mark globally, questioning traditional movie promotion methods.
- The movie made $60 million in its first weekend, setting a new record in the franchise's nine-year history.
- The Equalizer 3 has earned a total of $107 million in just 10 days and is set to become the most successful installment in the franchise.
Quick Glance: Culture Enabled Russell Brand
- Brand did not create the culture of the Noughties.
- We fostered a culture with leaked sex tapes and upskirt pictures of female celebrities.
- It was a time of sexual permissiveness, mainly granted to men.
- Culture doesn’t produce predators, but it can facilitate them.
Quick Glance: Putri Ariani Advances to 'America's Got Talent' Final
- Singing sensation Putri Ariani secures a spot in the America's Got Talent (AGT) final with her captivating performance of U2's 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For'.
- 17-year-old vocalist Putri from Yogyakarta gained international fame after her impressive audition on the renowned US talent show in June.
- Putri receives the coveted Golden Buzzer from AGT judge and creator Simon Cowell, automatically advancing her to the semifinal round.
- Putri expresses her gratitude and happiness on Instagram after securing her spot in the finale.
Recommended for you