Quick Glance: Game Awards 2023: Mastering the Medley
- Image caption: Lorne Balfe is responsible for creating the Game of the Year medley at the Game Awards
- Celebration of the best games of the year at the Game Awards
- Music and sound are essential to games and are prominently featured at the 'Oscars of gaming'.
- The highlight of the evening is a medley featuring all the theme tunes of the six Game of the Year nominees.
Quick Glance: Creating Silk Thread and Cord in LEGO Fortnite
- To create crossbows, shields, and other cool items in LEGO Fortnite, learn to make Silk Thread and Cord.
- First, craft a Spinning Wheel (once you unlock the building recipe).
- You'll need eight Planks, five Wooden Rods, five Wood, and five Wolf Claw to make a Spinning Wheel.
- In the Spinning Wheel menu, you’ll find Cord, Silk Thread, Drawstring, and Wool Thread.
Quick Glance: Investment Boost for High-Speed Rail Network
- Three billion US dollars for Brightline West, a proposed high-speed rail line from Las Vegas to Southern California, were announced this week by the White House.
- Two high-speed rail projects in Nevada and California are receiving significant financial support from Washington.
- The Biden administration has pledged over 6 billion US dollars in federal funding for high-speed rail to close the gap between the US and other developed nations in fast and reliable passenger services.
- The allocated funds will be used for the construction of a 171-mile segment between Merced and Bakersfield in California's Central Valley.
Woman celebrates 30th birthday at Costco: 'Cheapest and best birthday dinner yet'
The new co-operative survival game mode sees players crafting items with Lego bricks.
Quick Glance: Lego Fortnite: New Survival Mode with Lego Bricks
- Fortnite has released a new survival mode with Lego bricks, where players craft their tools and weapons.
- The game includes more than 1,000 Lego minifigures based on Fortnite skins.
- Despite having 70 million monthly players, Fortnite developer Epic Games wants more players.
- The collaboration with Lego is bringing Fortnite back to its roots and changing the game world dramatically.
Quick Glance: Elon Musk Urges Disney CEO's Immediate Resignation
- Elon Musk, Tesla owner, called for the immediate resignation of Disney's CEO on Thursday.
- Musk made a statement on X, expressing the need for the CEO to resign immediately.
- In a separate tweet, Musk questioned Disney's decision not to withdraw its advertising from Meta after New Mexico sued the social media giant over allegations of child sexual abuse protection failures.
- Disney representatives did not promptly respond to Axios' inquiry.
Quick Glance: UNLV Active Shooter: Police Responding
- The Las Vegas police are responding to reports of an armed attacker on the grounds of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- Reports indicate multiple casualties, according to a statement from the police on X.
- Authorities have advised everyone to avoid the area.
- Suspect contained in UNLV shooting, according to police
Quick Glance: New High-Speed Rail Set to Revolutionize SoCal-Vegas Connection
- New high-speed rail Brightline West set to become fastest in the U.S.
- $3 billion federal grant awarded to high-speed rail project linking Inland Empire and Las Vegas, expected to open by 2028.
- Brightline secures grant for high-speed rail construction in Southern California.
- Biden administration leading the way for high-speed rail projects in the U.S.
Quick Glance: Liz Cheney Considers Third Party, Warns of Trump-led Threat
- Liz Cheney, once a rising GOP leader, is ready to create a new third party or run for president with one.
- She hopes to play a role in establishing a new conservative party, as restoring the current Republican Party seems impossible.
- Cheney is open to joining a bipartisan ticket in the next election to include both Republicans and Democrats.
- She warns of Trump as an existential threat and suggests that a third party could provide voters with an alternative.
Quick Glance: Florida State AD and Coach Criticize Playoff Committee
- FSU excluded from playoff despite undefeated season, Alford calls it a committee failure.
- Texas (12-1) and Alabama (12-1) leapfrog FSU in playoff rankings to enter the top four.
- Alford warns of destructive consequences of giving in to a narrative of the moment and the damage to the legitimacy of the College Football Playoff.
- Travis' absence changed the committee's view of FSU, despite injuries being allowed in playoff considerations.
Quick Glance: Fatal Tragedy: Man Orders Beer and Dies
- Chemicals may have been forgotten in the lines after cleaning the tap system.
- A 31-year-old dies after ordering beer in his favorite pub.
Quick Glance: Patrick McHenry Announces Retirement from Congress
- Rep. Patrick McHenry announced he will not seek reelection.
- McHenry, 48, from Lincoln County, surprised with this decision just weeks after a tumultuous time without a House speaker.
- McHenry spent most of his time in Congress working to become chair of the House Financial Services Committee.
- The slim majority of House Republicans allowed the far-right House Freedom Caucus to hold bills and policy hostage.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!