Quick Glance: Refugee Influx: Baden-Württemberg's Largest Cities Struggle Without Safe Harbors
- The city hopes for support from the federal government.
- Heidelberg continues to support the initiative.
- The number of refugees in Heidelberg is significantly higher in 2023 compared to 2022.
- The already tense housing market in Heidelberg is also affected.
Care to see how the Nintendo Switch version of Mortal Kombat 1 stacks up against another modern console? Here’s our side-by-side comparison:
Quick Glance: Mortal Kombat 1: Fans Demand Refunds for Poor Switch Port
- Players are demanding refunds for Mortal Kombat 1 on Nintendo Switch due to its shocking graphics.
- Critics have praised the Xbox version with a score of 88 as the best Mortal Kombat to date.
- The Nintendo Switch version, however, disappoints with abysmal graphics.
- It remains unclear if players are actually succeeding in securing refunds.
The nature conservation organization Nabu wanted to stop construction ...
Holiday island of Rügen
Quick Glance: Nabu Fails to Halt Construction of Rügen LNG Terminal
- Nabu seeks baustopp for planned Rügen LNG terminal
- Nabu fails to achieve baustopp goal at Bundesverwaltungsgericht
- Deutsche Umwelthilfe's request for legal protection rejected
- Mecklenburg-Vorpommern State Association requests baustopp to protect reefs
Quick Glance: iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max impress with benchmark results
- The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are among the most powerful phones of 2023 and have now appeared on Geekbench.
- Based on the Geekbench results, the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max seem to be the most powerful phones in the world.
- Interestingly, these benchmark listings also mention 8GB of RAM, which is 2GB more than the iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max have.
- In the meantime, for everything we do know about Apple’s latest best phone contenders, check out our hands-on iPhone 15 review, our hands-on iPhone 15 Pro review, and our hands-on iPhone 15 Pro Max review.
Quick Glance: Ukraine breaks through final Russian defense line
- Clarity emerges behind the attack on the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol.
- The USA promises Ukraine a limited number of ATACMS missiles.
- Recent events in the war against Ukraine.
- Ukraine breaks through the final Russian defense line in Zaporizhia.
Quick Glance: Divergent Views on Immigration: Emmanuel Macron and Pope Francis
- The French president and the pontiff will meet during an episcopal visit to Marseille.
- Macron advocates for firmness and control of migratory flows, while the pope supports the broadest possible reception of foreigners.
- The pope is expected to offer a prayer for migrants who have disappeared at sea.
- On Saturday, he is scheduled to meet French President Emmanuel Macron in Marseille.
Quick Glance: Apple transitions from Lightning to USB-C for iPhones
- The upcoming iPhone 15 is reported to be transitioning to the USB-C format.
- Apple is allegedly planning a forthcoming change in how its future iPhone models are charged.
- Phones have been using the Lightning connector since 2012.
- FOX Business has reached out to Apple for a comment.
Quick Glance: Death Toll Rises to 11,300 in Derna Floods
- Deadly floods in Derna caused by unusually strong storm
- Wadi Derna flooded, buildings destroyed, people washed out to sea
- 11,300 deaths and 10,100 missing, according to Libyan Red Crescent
- 30,000 people displaced in Derna, thousands homeless in other towns
Quick Glance: Get a Free ChargePoint and $600 Off Installation with Hyundai EV Purchase
- Hyundai is providing a complimentary ChargePoint Home Flex Level 2 charger and up to $600 discount on installation for customers buying a new Ioniq 5, 6, or Kona EV.
- The additional $600 installation discount is only applicable for services ordered through Hyundai’s website.
- Visit hyundaihomemarketplace.com, select the charger, schedule installation, and apply the coupon code.
- Maintain communication with Hyundai’s energy advisor during the ordering and installation process to ensure a seamless experience.
Quick Glance: Fire in Crimean shipyard, ships damaged in Ukrainian missile attack
- The Sevastopol Shipyard in Crimea was ablaze on Wednesday as Ukraine launched missiles, damaging two ships, according to Russia's defense ministry.
- Two ships under repair were damaged as a result of enemy cruise missile strikes.
- The shipyard, located on the peninsula annexed by Russia from Ukraine in 2014, is responsible for building and repairing ships and submarines for the Russian Black Sea Fleet.
- The fleet has carried out multiple drone and missile attacks on Ukraine.
Quick Glance: Is Russia Exchanging Fighter Jets for North Korean Artillery Projectiles?
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un visited a factory that manufactures advanced fighter aircraft during his tour of Russia.
- Kim inspected manufacturing facilities at the Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Production Association (KnAAPO) in the Russian Far East, leading to speculation about a potential exchange of artillery projectiles and other materials for new or at least newer jets to modernize North Korea's aging air force.
- Official photos of Kim's visit to KnAAPO show the North Korean leader accompanied by Russia's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Industry and Trade, Denis Manturov.
- A customer without the scruples of North Korea could be an attractive alternative if the offer is right.
Quick Glance: Apple Watch Series 9 Unveiled: S9 Chip, 'Double Tap' Gesture, and More
- The Apple Watch Series 9 offers significantly improved performance with the S9 Apple silicon chip, a 'Double Tap' hand gesture for touchless interaction, Precision Finding for iPhone, and more.
- The Series 9 has been internally redesigned, featuring a completely new Apple silicon chip.
- Siri requests are now processed on the Apple Watch, resulting in faster and more secure performance, and Siri can now access health data.
- Dictation on the Series 9 is up to 25% more accurate than the Series 8, thanks to secure on-device processing.
Things can't go on like this in the West's relations with Africa. A Nigerian government ...
Africa loses patience
Quick Glance: Africa's Patience Runs Out: No More Exploitation by the West
- The West's relationship with Africa needs to change.
- A Nigerian government official speaks candidly about Ukraine, China, and colonialism.
Quick Glance: Coast Guard apprehends man attempting to cross the Atlantic in a giant hamster wheel
- Reza Baluchi was taken into custody by the U.S. Coast Guard while attempting to cross the Atlantic in a 'hydro pod' made of buoys.
- Baluchi once again refused to leave his vessel and informed the officers that the bomb was not real.
- A day or two later, a cold front hit the bubble on his side, so [Baluchi] activated a spot device, and the Coast Guard came to his rescue.
- This time, the Coast Guard encountered Baluchi, informed him that his voyage was being terminated due to manifest unsafety, and instructed him to board their boat.
Russian drones have been hitting Ukrainian port facilities on the border with Nato member ...
Quick Glance: Romania: Russian Drones Hit the Country
- The attack seriously violates Romania's sovereignty.
- Ukrainian drones explode in Romania after an attack on the Ukrainian port.
- Romanian officials provide no explanation for previous vehement denials of the drone incident.
- It is unclear whether the drone was shot down or crashed on Romanian territory.
Recommended for you