Quick Glance: The West's Modi Challenge
- The US and its allies view India as a key economic and diplomatic partner.
- The images of the Indian Prime Minister leading the world's most powerful people at the G20 summit have strengthened Modi's domestic image and highlighted India's global rise as a diplomatic and economic power.
- According to the Financial Times, Biden and other western leaders expressed concerns about Canada's allegations to the Indian leader during the summit.
- These countries have placed their geopolitical bet on India, specifically on Modi.
Quick Glance: Death of former Italian President Giorgio Napolitano at 98
- First reelection of an Italian president.
- Longest and oldest president in the history of the modern Italian Republic.
- First representative of the Italian Communist Party to visit the United States.
- Naples-born politician known as "Re Giorgio" for stability in Italian party politics and smooth transition of power.
Quick Glance: DRC President Urges UN Peacekeepers to Leave in December
- President Felix Tshisekedi of the Democratic Republic of Congo has called for an accelerated withdrawal of the UN peacekeeping mission.
- Local population demands the mission's departure following violent protests.
- Tshisekedi emphasizes the importance of MONUSCO's withdrawal in ending the conflict.
- Over 100 armed groups are contributing to the country's conflicts.
Quick Glance: Russia Reports Intense Shelling of Bakhmut, Situation Tense
- Ukrainian forces heavily shell the city of Bakhmut and launch coordinated attacks on several villages in the region, according to a Russian official on Friday.
- He added: "The situation in Bakhmut remains tense, the city itself is under chaotic shelling."
- Pushilin listed several villages in the north of Donetsk near the city of Lyman that were allegedly attacked by Ukrainian forces, but claimed that the attacks had been repelled.
- He also stated that Ukrainian forces are massing assault battalions north of Bakhmut.
Quick Glance: Divergent Views on Immigration: Emmanuel Macron and Pope Francis
- The French president and the pontiff will meet during an episcopal visit to Marseille.
- Macron advocates for firmness and control of migratory flows, while the pope supports the broadest possible reception of foreigners.
- The pope is expected to offer a prayer for migrants who have disappeared at sea.
- On Saturday, he is scheduled to meet French President Emmanuel Macron in Marseille.
Quick Glance: Studio Ghibli Joins Nippon TV
- Globally acclaimed anime house Studio Ghibli, known for hits like 'Chihiros Reise ins Zauberland', becomes part of Nippon TV.
- Nippon TV will acquire a 42.3% stake in Ghibli based on voting rights, effective Oct. 6.
PM #NarendraModi has invited U.S. President #JoeBiden to be the chief guest at the 2024 #RepublicDay celebrations. Watch for more
Quick Glance: Modi invites Biden to India's 2024 Republic Day celebrations
- Indian Prime Minister Modi invites US President Biden to the celebrations on January 26, 2024
- Invitation to India's Republic Day
- Modi and Biden will participate in the celebrations
- Strengthening India-US relations
Ghana's President Nana Akufo-Addo has demanded the payment of reparations to African nations for the slave trade. Speaking at the UN General Assembly ... Show more
Quick Glance: Guinea Junta Leader Criticizes the West
- Population of southern white rhinoceroses increases for the first time since 2012
- African Parks plans to release 2,000 rhinoceroses after acquiring the largest private breeding facility
- South Africa to clear criminal records from Covid lockdown
- Gloria Orwoba faces trouble with colleagues again
Recommended for you