U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken is urging Israeli ...
Quick Glance: Blinken Calls on Israel to Uphold International Law
- Blinken reaffirms U.S. support for Israel’s right to self-defense.
- He emphasizes the importance of compliance with international humanitarian law and the protection of civilians in Gaza.
- Blinken urges accountability for settler extremists and the resumption of the peace process.
- Netanyahu remains silent on settler violence or a two-state solution after the meeting with Blinken.
Quick Glance: Poland Boycotts OSCE Meeting Over Russian Minister
- Poland will not participate in an OSCE ministerial meeting in North Macedonia due to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov's invitation.
- Szynkowski vel Sęk will not attend the meeting or send any deputy ministers to the North Macedonian capital.
- The foreign ministers of the Baltic states have joined the boycott of the OSCE meeting.
- Several more foreign ministers have confirmed they will not attend the OSCE meeting in protest against Russia’s participation.
Quick Glance: US Thwarts Alleged Assassination Plot in New York
- An Indian national, Nikhil Gupta, was charged in connection with the plot.
- According to the indictment, he was allegedly instructed by an Indian government employee.
- The alleged target was not named in the indictment.
- The White House discussed the alleged plot with the Indian government at the highest levels.
Quick Glance: Gaza Conflict: Israel Resumes Operations Against Hamas
- Israeli forces gather on the Gaza border
- Truce between Israel and Hamas appears to have expired
- Israeli defense system intercepts rocket from Gaza Strip
- Israel and Hamas prepare for resumption of operations
Amid questions over Western resolve, Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken and other diplomats stressed their ...
Quick Glance: NATO Urges Continued Support for Ukraine
- Stoltenberg urges NATO members to continue supporting Ukraine in its battle against Russia.
- The US has provided over $40bn in security aid to Ukraine and pledged to back Kyiv for as long as necessary.
- Recent pledges from Germany and the Netherlands worth $11bn show NATO's commitment to supporting Kyiv.
- Ukraine's Foreign Minister will lobby for continued NATO backing at the summit despite concerns over the future of Western support.
Quick Glance: Ukraine's Foreign Minister Boycotts OSCE Ministers' Meeting Over Russia's Attendance
- Dmytro Kuleba, Ukraine's Foreign Minister, to boycott OSCE meeting due to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov’s expected attendance.
- Ukraine greatly appreciates North Macedonia's efforts as the OSCE chair and its Foreign Minister Bujar Osmani personally.
- The presence of the Russian delegation at the ministerial meeting will only aggravate the crisis Russia has created within the OSCE.
Quick Glance: Russian Court Extends Detention of US Journalist
- A Russian court extended the detention of American journalist Evan Gershkovich until the end of January.
- The charges against the American journalist have been denied by him and his employer.
- The court's decision to extend the detention was made behind closed doors due to classified details of the case.
- Moscow has accused Gershkovich of being caught collecting military secrets and acting on behalf of the US.
🔴RECAP: #Gaza #Israel (as of 17:00 GMT) 1) The Arab-American Anti-Discrimination Committee has condemned the shooting of three students of Palestinian descent ... Show more
Israel-Palestine live: Qatar says 39 Palestinians to be released from Israeli prisons Sunday
Israel-Gaza live updates: 17 hostages return to Israel, IDF says: Live updates on the Israel-Hamas war.
Quick Glance: Israel Orders Evacuation of Gaza's Main Hospital
- Hundreds flee on foot after Israel orders evacuation of Gaza's main hospital.
- The hospital has become the focus of the war after the October 7 attacks by Hamas.
- The United Nations estimated that 2,300 patients, staff, and displaced Palestinians were sheltering at Al-Shifa before Israeli troops entered the facility.
- Israel has accused Hamas of using hospitals as command centers, a charge denied by Hamas and the Al-Shifa Hospital.
Quick Glance: Former Obama Official Caught Spewing Islamophobic Language
- A former Obama-era National Security Council official was filmed using Islamophobic language towards a food cart vendor in New York City.
- The videos show Stuart Seldowitz mocking the man's citizenship and support for Hamas, and referencing the Israel-Hamas conflict.
- The New York City Police are aware of the videos and are monitoring the situation as the US experiences an unprecedented increase in anti-Arab and anti-Muslim incidents.
- Seldowitz makes derogatory comments about the Prophet Mohammed and ridicules Islam, which he appears to believe is the vendor's religion.
Quick Glance: China, Japan, South Korea Enhance Trilateral Cooperation
- The foreign ministers of China, Japan, and South Korea agreed to restart cooperation and pave the way for a summit of their three leaders.
- The three diplomats met in Busan, South Korea, to advance cooperation in six areas and promote concrete discussions to prepare for the summit.
- The ministers condemned North Korea's launch of its first spy satellite and agreed to boost responses to arms deals between Pyongyang and Moscow.
- South Korea's foreign minister emphasized the need to institutionalize trilateral cooperation to develop a stable and sustainable system.
Quick Glance: Hamas and Israel Release Prisoners
- Hamas frees 17 hostages, including a 4-year-old American girl, from Gaza.
- Israel releases 39 Palestinian prisoners.
- The Red Cross successfully transfers 17 hostages from Gaza.
- Hamas wants to extend the truce if serious efforts are made to increase the number of Palestinian detainees released by Israel.
MFA director-general charged over mailing Panadol, luxury watches in diplomatic bags
Quick Glance: US Thwarts Plot to Assassinate Sikh Separatist
- Washington warned India over involvement in assassination conspiracy
- US authorities thwarted conspiracy to assassinate Sikh separatist on American soil
- Multiple allies were informed about the assassination plot
- US federal prosecutors filed indictment against at least one alleged perpetrator
Israeli army releases video to show Hamas weaponry lab under mosque @Mohammed11Saleh brings you the latest from the #IsraelHamasWar Track #LIVE updates here: www.wionews.com/world/israel-hamas-war-live-israeli-foreign-ministry-recalls-its-ambassador-from-south-africa-660921
Quick Glance: Yemen's Houthi rebels seize Israeli-linked ship, hold 25 crew members hostage
- Yemen's Houthi rebels seized an Israeli-linked cargo ship in a crucial Red Sea shipping route, holding 25 crew members hostage and raising regional tensions.
- Backed by Iran, the rebels hijacked the ship due to its Israel connection and took the crew as hostages.
- The 25 crew members had various nationalities, including Bulgarian, Filipino, Mexican, and Ukrainian, with no Israelis on board.
- The rebels claimed to be treating the crew members 'in accordance with their Islamic values,' without elaborating on the meaning.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!