Quick Glance: Flight Powered by Fat and Sugar Crosses Atlantic
- Virgin Atlantic tests sustainable fuel on London to New York flight
- Fuel made from waste fats and plant sugars emits 70% less carbon
- Experts see sustainable fuels as crucial for reducing aviation industry's carbon footprint
- Sustainable Aviation Fuels currently account for about 0.1% of airlines' fuel consumption
Quick Glance: Affordable Gas Prices Just in Time for Thanksgiving
- Trend of falling gas prices, due to seasonal factors and weakening demand, could lead to the lowest prices since 2021 by Christmas.
- Decreased gas demand and declining oil prices are contributing to lower prices at the pumps.
- Longest streak of national average price declines in over a year, reaching a ninth straight week with gas prices at their lowest since January.
- Average precipitation likely to fall during Thanksgiving week 2023 shown on a map.
Quick Glance: Rise in Energy Prices: Britons to Face Increased Bills
- The 5% increase in the energy price cap reflects the rise in wholesale prices.
- Gas prices rise in winter due to increased demand, especially for heating.
- Charity groups warn of financial difficulties due to the higher costs.
- Last winter, most households received a £400 ($498) discount when the price cap was much higher.
Singapore’s core inflation rises to 3.3% in October: SINGAPORE: Singapore's core inflation rose to 3.3 per cent year-on-year in October ...
From when to hit the road to where to stop and how to save on gas, truck drivers share their time-tested tips for road trips.
From The Athletic: Two days before the Fourth of July, NFL running back Nyheim Hines hopped on a jet-ski and lost a year of his prime ... Show more
Quick Glance: NFL Player Survives Near-Fatal Accident
- Nyheim Hines lost nearly a year of his career while trying to help friends.
- After a serious accident and painful surgery, Hines found himself in a contract dispute with the Bills.
- The accident, not the surgery, caused Hines' season-ending injury.
- Despite the challenges, Hines plans to return to training soon.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!