Henry Kissinger, the polarizing former U.S. secretary of state who served in the Nixon and Ford administrations, and who wielded rare influence in shaping ... Show more
Quick Glance: Former US Secretary of State Henry Kissinger Passes Away at 100
- He played a pivotal role in ending the Vietnam War and opening up relations with China.
- Kissinger is the only American to have negotiated directly with every Chinese leader from Mao Zedong to Xi Jinping.
Quick Glance: Comer Rejects Public Hearing for Hunter Biden
- Comer stated that Democrats would be 'yelling and screaming' at a public hearing with Hunter Biden.
- Over 10,000 pages of documents regarding Hunter Biden’s financial transactions with enemies worldwide have been obtained.
- Hunter Biden's attorney proposed a public hearing in response to a subpoena but was denied.
- Comer denied the request to make the December testimony public but offered to do so after the private deposition.
BREAKING: A lawyer for Donald Trump told investigators that she warned the former president that not complying with a subpoena to return all classified ... Show more
Quick Glance: Trump Warned: Comply or Face Criminal Charges
- Attorney Jennifer Little warned Trump of potential criminal charges if he failed to comply with a subpoena for classified documents at Mar-a-Lago.
- Special counsel Jack Smith accused Trump of knowingly violating the law by hiding over 100 classified documents and submitting a false certification to the FBI.
- Another attorney, Evan Corcoran, also emphasized the importance of complying with the subpoena, warning that authorities might search the Mar-a-Lago estate if Trump didn't comply.
- Little tried to impress upon Trump the seriousness of the situation and emphasized the difference between the Justice Department's subpoena and previous demands from the National Archives.
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Quick Glance: The Reality of Homeownership in Florida
- Homeownership in Florida presents unique challenges.
- Florida is a hot state with sleepy beach towns and retirement communities.
- Florida was named the fastest-growing state in 2022.
- Prospective buyers should be aware of the challenges of homeownership in the land of eternal summer.
Quick Glance: Biden Calls Out Boebert as Leader of 'MAGA Movement' in Colorado
- Biden singles out Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as a leader of the 'MAGA movement' during his visit to her congressional district.
- Biden visits wind tower manufacturer CS Wind in Pueblo, Colo., emphasizing Boebert's role in the 'MAGA movement'.
- Biden mentions Boebert as one of the leaders of the extreme 'MAGA movement' and highlights her voting record against the IRA.
- Biden joins CS Wind workers on stage, emphasizing the positive impact of the company on the population, including in Boebert's district.
Two Republican county supervisors in Arizona have been indicted for stalling ...
Quick Glance: Charges Filed Against Arizona Officials for Election Interference
- Indictment accuses two Cochise County supervisors of meddling with the state vote count.
- Election conspiracy theories rampant in the county.
- Peggy Judd and Tom Crosby pushed for a manual vote recount in heavily Republican Cochise County, Arizona.
- Two Arizona Republican county supervisors indicted for felony charges related to delaying the 2022 election results certification.
Quick Glance: California Democrat Moves to Force Vote on Santos' Expulsion After Ethics Report
- Garcia forced a vote on Santos' expulsion following the release of the Ethics Committee report.
- The current expulsion effort has the greatest chance of success after several skeptical lawmakers agreed to vote to oust Santos.
- The Ethics Committee found 'substantial evidence of potential violations of federal criminal law' by Santos.
- Efforts to expel Santos began after the long-awaited Ethics report was released.
Quick Glance: JPMorgan CEO: Support Nikki Haley in 2024 Election
- Dimon backs Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley, urging support from Democrats and emphasizing 'very liberal Democrats'.
- He mentioned having conversations with Haley but stopped short of fully endorsing her.
- Others, like Ken Langone, also plan to support Haley as the only person who can challenge Trump in the elections.
- Dimon's call for bipartisan support for Haley comes amid her rising popularity in the GOP primary field.
Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie said Tuesday that he will not sign a law enacting a ...
Quick Glance: Christie Criticizes 6-Week Abortion Ban
- Christie refuses to sign the 6-week abortion ban
- He believes there is no consensus on a national abortion ban
- Haley's statement supporting the 6-week abortion ban at the state level
- Christie thinks this affects Haley's chances in a general election
Quick Glance: Critics Slam Tommy Tuberville for New U.S. Military Insult
- Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) under fire for insulting U.S. military on Monday evening.
- Critics point out that U.S. military weakness is not due to 'wokeness'.
- Tuberville's latest comments about weakened U.S. military faced immediate backlash.
- Tuberville obstructs 300+ military appointments while speaking negatively about our military.
Quick Glance: Trump's Request for Disclosure of Covert Investigators
- Trump is demanding the disclosure of all covert investigators within a five-mile radius of the Capitol during the events on January 6.
- According to Donald Trump's lawyers, undercover agents hiding among Trump supporters should have stopped the events on January 6.
- Trump's lawyers are requesting information on undercover agents to demonstrate that it was the security forces, not Trump, who could have stopped the Capitol invasion.
- The presence of undercover agents or informants would indicate a failure of controls and/or covert operations, as argued by Trump's lawyers.
Quick Glance: Report: Pence's Hesitation to Preside Over Jan. 6 Electoral Count Revealed
- Mike Pence initially did not want to preside over the count of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021, amid pressure from Trump to overturn the election results.
- Investigations by special counsel Jack Smith show that Pence left personal notes indicating his initial reluctance to preside over the count of electoral votes.
- Pence told investigators that his loyalty to Trump never wavered at the time.
- Pence was also questioned about his recent memoir, detailing conversations with Trump about certifying the votes, including an investigation into the placement of a comma in one section of the book, which Pence deemed a mistake.
Quick Glance: Monica Lewinsky Calls for Ban on Presidential Self-Pardons
- In an op-ed in Vanity Fair, Lewinsky called for six constitutional amendments, including a ban on presidential self-pardons.
- Lewinsky quoted constitutional law professor Neal Katyal, who warned about the potential danger of former President Trump returning to the White House.
- She also advocated for unspecified age limits for elected officials without naming President Biden directly.
- Legal scholars have been discussing the issue of presidential self-pardons for some time.
Quick Glance: Elon Musk attacks X advertisers
- Elon Musk speaks in an interview at the DealBook Summit.
- The billionaire apologized for a potentially antisemitic post.
- In an interview with the BBC in April, Musk expressed optimism about the return of advertisers.
Quick Glance: Tragic Death of Official at Ron DeSantis' Office
- Governor Ron DeSantis appointed Peter Antonacci in 2022 to head a new office to combat election fraud.
- Following a heated meeting, the top election fraud officer collapsed in the governor's office and went unnoticed for 24 minutes before receiving help.
- An in-depth investigation reveals more about the circumstances of Antonacci's death and his prior conflict with some of the state's top officials.
- Despite claims that Antonacci died after an argument, the records do not mention the governor.
Robert De Niro vented his anger when his anti-Trump remarks were unexpectedly axed from his speech at the Gotham Awards.
Quick Glance: 'Past Lives' Triumphs at Gotham Awards
- Celine Song's film 'Past Lives' wins top honors at Gotham Awards
- De Niro criticizes editing of his speech at the awards ceremony
- Lily Gladstone wins Best Lead Performance, but not for her role in 'Past Lives'
- The Gotham Awards have unique quirks that set them apart from other awards
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!