FC Bayern Munich loses 1:5 at Eintracht Frankfurt and thus suffers their ...
Biggest bankruptcy in four years
Quick Glance: FC Bayern Shocked: 1:5 Defeat to Eintracht
- The Munich team suffered a heavy defeat in Frankfurt.
- After an unusually long break, Bayern Munich embarrassed themselves and missed the chance to reach the top of the table.
- In the 1:5 (1:3) loss to Eintracht Frankfurt, the team led by coach Thomas Tuchel delivered a shocking performance and deservedly suffered their first loss of the season.
- Bayern failed to catch up, allowing league leaders Bayer Leverkusen to extend their lead in the title race on Sunday.
In front of his home crowd, Karl Geiger secured the first victory for the German ski jumpers ...
Quick Glance: First Season Victory: Geiger Triumphs in Klingenthal
- Karl Geiger from Germany wins the World Cup in Klingenthal.
- Geiger flies 146.0 m in the final, securing the first German season victory.
- Geiger surpasses Michael Uhrmann's hill record by half a meter.
- Andreas Wellinger confirms his top form with a fourth place finish.
Quick Glance: Jon Rahm Joins LIV Golf
- Two-time major champion Jon Rahm, a prominent figure on the PGA Tour and possibly the best golfer in the world, makes a significant move by joining the LIV Golf league.
- Rahm's announcement on Thursday positions him alongside other top names like Brooks Koepka, Bryson DeChambeau, Cameron Smith, Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson in competing with the PGA Tour on the 54-hole team circuit funded by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund.
- Although Rahm has been loosely linked to LIV Golf since its inception, it appears that discussions between the parties have been renewed around Thanksgiving.
- Rahm's decision to leave the PGA Tour for LIV Golf is happening amidst ongoing negotiations between the PGA Tour and Saudi Arabia's PIF to consolidate commercial operations for global golf under a new entity known as PGA Tour Enterprises that aims to generate profit.
Marco Odermatt wins the giant slalom in Val d'Isère, France, for the third time in a row. 💪👏 We congratulate! ⛷ You can find the article here: www.luzernerzeitung.ch/ld.2553881 ⛷ Image: ... Show more
Quick Glance: Alpine Skiing: Odermatt Wins in Val d'Isere
- Swiss superstar Marco Odermatt wins giant slalom ahead of Marco Schwarz.
- Debutant Noel Zwischenbrugger surprises with 13th place as replacement for Joshua Sturm.
- Odermatt achieves 25th World Cup victory, 15th in giant slalom, with a significant lead.
- Noel Zwischenbrugger earns valuable points in debut race, finishing just behind Schwarz.
Dismal United were blown away by the rampant Cherries as Erik ten Hag’s tenure took another turn for the worsewww.independent.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-bournemouth-result-erik-ten-hag-sack-b2461365.html
Quick Glance: Meet the I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here 2023 Final Four
- Sam Thompson, Tony Bellew, Nigel Farage, and Josie Gibson make up the final four of the 2023 season.
- The group will take on the infamous celebrity cyclone in their final weekend in the Australian jungle.
- Before entering the Jungle, Sam Thompson from Made in Chelsea expressed his excitement about participating in the show he's been watching since childhood.
- Despite controversy, Farage made it to the final four, while Bellew admitted his fear of snakes and spiders and shared why he stopped boxing while in the camp.
Quick Glance: Chris Evert Faces Second Cancer Diagnosis
- Former US tennis player Chris Evert announces second cancer diagnosis.
- Evert will take a break from ESPN's coverage of the Australian Open for chemotherapy.
- The announcement comes 11 months after Evert declared herself cancer-free, following her January 2022 diagnosis.
- Evert, 68, is one of tennis' most accomplished players and will undergo a second round of chemotherapy.
Quick Glance: Heartbreaking News: Kyrgios Withdraws from Australian Open
- Nick Kyrgios will not compete in the 2024 Australian Open due to a wrist injury.
- Kyrgios underwent knee surgery during this year’s Australian Open and returned during the grass-court season.
- After an outstanding 2022 season, Kyrgios aims to win his first grand slam singles trophy.
- Nine, the owner of this publication, will explore opportunities for Kyrgios to be part of its Australian Open broadcast.
The International Olympic Committee says some Russian athletes will be allowed to compete at ...
Quick Glance: Russian and Belarusian Athletes Allowed as Neutral Participants for Olympics
- The IOC permits Russian and Belarusian athletes to participate in the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris under a neutral flag.
- Despite the ongoing war against Ukraine, they are allowed to compete under certain conditions.
- The IOC's decision was in response to a clear appeal from international summer sports federations and National Olympic Committees.
- Athletes from Russia and Belarus are prohibited from displaying national symbols and flags in Paris, and their national anthem will not be played.
National coach Julian Nagelsmann watched the cup round of 16 match between VfB Stuttgart and BVB in the stadium with his partner ... Show more
Quick Glance: Nagelsmann's Stadium Visit Divides Experts
- Julian Nagelsmann's visit with his girlfriend sparks controversy.
- The national team coach remains a topic of discussion in German football.
- His attendance at the cup match between VfB Stuttgart and BVB causes excitement.
During last year's MLB winter meetings, the New York Yankees signed outfielder Aaron Judge nine-year ...
Quick Glance: Yankees' Defensive Challenges After Acquiring Juan Soto
- How does Juan Soto fit into the New York Yankees' lineup?
- The Yankees acquired Soto and Trent Grisham in a blockbuster trade.
- The prospect of having Soto and Aaron Judge back-to-back worries American League East pitchers.
- Questions arise about the Yankees' defense as Soto presents a defensive challenge.
Quick Glance: David Teeger to Lead South African U19 Cricket Team at Home World Cup
- Cricket South Africa (CSA) today revealed the 15-player squad that will represent South Africa at the ICC under-19 Men’s World Cup 2024 in South Africa during January and February.
- The South African U19 team will be under the leadership of batter David Teeger, who recently underwent scrutiny by CSA for comments related to Israeli soldiers.
- In spite of the inquiry and criticism of Teeger's remarks, CSA has demonstrated the fortitude to allow the 18-year-old to continue as captain of the junior team.
- Teeger was unveiled as the captain of the provisional U19 World Cup squad on November 10.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!