Quick Glance: Moms for Liberty Chapter Divides Over Allegations Against Christian Ziegler
- The chapter breaks with the organization after allegations of sexual assault against the co-founder and husband of the Florida GOP Chair emerged.
- The controversy continues over the allegations that Florida GOP Chair Christian Ziegler sexually assaulted a woman involved in a long-term relationship with him and his wife, the co-founder of Moms For Liberty.
- The Northumberland County, Pennsylvania chapter of Moms For Liberty announced on Monday that it will be splitting from the national organization.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis called for Ziegler to voluntarily resign from his post after the allegations emerged on Friday.
Quick Glance: Tim Scott Withdraws from 2024 GOP Presidential Race
- Seven candidates participated in the second Republican primary debate as former US President Donald Trump once again declined to participate.
- Republican presidential candidate and Senator from South Carolina, Tim Scott, announced his withdrawal from the primary race.
- Scott made the announcement on the Fox News program 'Sunday Night in America with Trey Gowdy.'
- The withdrawal came shortly after the third Republican primary debate, following Scott's temporary rise in early state polling during the summer.
Quick Glance: Trump and Haley Criticize DeSantis' Energy Policy
- Despite only speaking with Ron DeSantis for 15 seconds in the summer of 2018, Ginger Goepper secured a commitment that he would ban fracking in Florida if he became governor.
- The current ad campaign is the latest effort by DeSantis' Republican presidential rivals to target his energy record for Iowans ahead of the January caucuses.
- DeSantis has adopted positions on energy production reflective of the political philosophies that guided him at the time during his nearly 11-year tenure.
- Trump made ethanol subsidies a focal point of his efforts in Iowa even before DeSantis became a candidate.
Quick Glance: Haley Wins, Ramaswamy Loses Third Debate, Poll Shows
- Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley emerges as winner of third GOP presidential debate, according to poll.
- 34% of Republican voters rate Haley as best performer.
- Ron DeSantis takes second place with 23% of the votes.
- More than half of voters rate Haley's performance as excellent or very good.
Quick Glance: Haley Makes Big Ad Buy After Scott Quits
- Nikki Haley's campaign books $10 million in advertising for TV, radio, and internet in Iowa and New Hampshire.
- Haley is in third place in the Republican presidential race, behind Trump and DeSantis.
- Major donors to Scott's campaign are switching their support to Haley.
- Haley's campaign argues she is the best candidate to take on Trump, dedicating significant resources to Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.
Quick Glance: Tim Scott defends accusation against Biden after Hamas terror attack
- Scott criticizes Biden's handling of the Hamas terror attack on Israel.
- He warns of further conflicts in the Middle East due to the release of funds to Iran.
- Scott calls for a clear message to Iran that further attacks will have consequences.
- He also recommends measures to limit the involvement of Lebanese militants in northern Israel.
Republican presidential candidate Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) is targeting some of his 2024 rivals on the ...
Quick Glance: Scott targets 2024 competitors in new ad criticizing abortion stance
- Scott calls out Trump, DeSantis, and Haley for lack of pro-life stance.
- Scott also criticizes Ramaswamy for his foreign policy views.
- The issue of abortion divides the Republican presidential field.
- Scott and Pence support a national 15-week abortion ban, while DeSantis has signed a six-week abortion ban in Florida.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!