Quick Glance: AOC says the Biden White House should disregard the abortion pill ruling. Is that possible?
- Can Biden simply disregard the Texas ruling?
- Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon stated on Friday that the Biden administration and the Food and Drug Administration have "the authority to ignore this ruling."
- If the Texas ruling is upheld, the Supreme Court may impose "a national abortion ban."
- If the Supreme Court upholds Kacsmaryk's ruling and restricts access to medication abortion, Ocasio-Cortez has left the door open for the Biden administration to disregard the ruling.
Quick Glance: Scoop: Trump to criticize "Bush Republicans" at CPAC
- Kari Lake, who ran unsuccessfully for governor of Arizona in November, kisses a portrait of former President Trump after speaking at CPAC in National Harbor, Maryland, yesterday.
- In his speech at CPAC on Saturday, former President Trump plans to draw a sharp ideological contrast between his MAGA movement and Bush-era Republicans, and will urge GOP voters to finish the job of remaking the party by supporting him for president.
- What they're saying: "Trump has completely remade the party since he's become president," according to another Trump aide.
- Between the lines: Trump intends to intensify his attacks on Florida Gov. Rick Scott in the coming days.
Tony Gonzales defiant as he faces censure for breaking with GOP: The censure resolution cites Gonzales’ rejection of a border security proposal by fellow Texas ...
Quick Glance: House Republicans kick Democrat Ilhan Omar off the Foreign Affairs Committee
- On Thursday, Democratic Representative Ilhan Omar was kicked off the House Foreign Affairs Committee for making anti-Israel remarks.
- The 218-211 vote came after a heated debate in which Democrats accused Republicans of targeting Omar because of her race.
- House Republicans focused on six statements she made that "under the totality of the circumstances disqualify her from serving on the Committee of Foreign Affairs," said incoming House Ethics Committee Chairman Republican Michael Guest of Mississippi.
- Democratic leader Hakeem Jeffries of New York claimed Omar has "made mistakes" and utilized anti-Semitic stereotypes that House Democrats denounced four years ago.
Quick Glance: Kevin McCarthy, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives
- Donald Trump ostentatiously gratified himself.
- McCarthy approached the ultra-right string-puller Matt Gaetz with trepidation.
- McCarthy was elected with 216 votes, two fewer than the 216 needed for a majority in the House of Representatives.
- Kevin McCarthy was previously the Republican minority leader in the United States House of Representatives.
Quick Glance: Democratic Senator: It is "past time" to repeal Title 42.
- Sen. Alex Padilla (D-Calif.) declared on Sunday that it is "past time" to repeal the contentious border policy Title 42, claiming that the United States is in a "much different place" in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- "Title 42 is not immigration policy," added the senator.
- The repeal of Title 42, which has permitted US border agents to turn away around 2.5 million foreign nationals at the border since 2020, has been welcomed by immigration activists who believe the program is cruel and unjust.
- Alex Padilla Tags Padilla, Alex Mr. Gavin Newsom Joseph Biden Raddatz, Martha Title 42
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!