Quick Glance: 'Furiosa' Unveiled: Anya Taylor-Joy as Warrior in 'Mad Max' Prequel
- Anya Taylor-Joy transforms into a post-apocalyptic warrior for 'Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga,' the prequel to 'Mad Max: Fury Road.'
- Directed by George Miller, the film features Taylor-Joy as Furiosa, taking over from Charlize Theron.
- The highly anticipated movie follows Taylor-Joy's character from her upbringing in a peaceful place to her transformation into the fierce warrior seen in 'Fury Road.'
- 'Furiosa' is co-written by George Miller and Nick Lathouris, and Taylor-Joy impressed with her audition using a scene from 'Network.'
Quick Glance: Google to Pay $100 Million Annually to Canadian News Publishers
- Canada and Google strike deal to keep news in search results.
- Google to pay C$100 million annually to news publishers in Canada.
- Canada's Online News Act requires large internet companies to share advertising revenue with news publishers.
- Facebook has already blocked news sharing in Canada while Google has reached an agreement.
Quick Glance: Nigel and Nella Clash on I'm A Celebrity
- Nigel Farage was a controversial choice for I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! according to many viewers.
- Viewers are now all saying the same thing after he and YouTuber Nella Rose argued in camp.
- Nella expressed disappointment in Nigel's comments about cultural appropriation, leading many viewers to call for him to leave the show.
- Nigel's attempts to comfort Nella were mostly ignored, prompting many viewers to think it was time for Nigel to leave the show.
BREAKING: Fairytale of New York singer and The Pogues frontman Shane MacGowan has died aged 65 Full story: trib.al/C4mKHoF 📺 Sky 501, Virgin 602 ... Show more
Quick Glance: Pogues Frontman Shane MacGowan Passes Away at 65
- The frontman of The Pogues, Shane MacGowan, has passed away at the age of 65.
- In recent years, MacGowan had been battling various health issues and was recently treated for an infection in Dublin.
- Thanks to the 1987 hit Fairytale Of New York, the Irish star will forever be associated with the festive season.
- MacGowan was known as a punk rebel and for his excessive lifestyle, which also took a toll on his health.
This Wednesday, the online series "7 vs. Wild" enters its ...
YouTube hit on new platform
Quick Glance: Amazon Reveals Viewership Numbers for Survival Show »7 vs. Wild: Teams«
- New episodes of the series were released on YouTube and immediately garnered thousands of user comments.
- Some fans reacted negatively to the shift to Freevee and criticized the platform.
- According to an Amazon spokesperson, Freevee has already recorded over 27 million streams for the current season by Tuesday afternoon.
- Currently, nine episodes are available on Freevee, with the latest one released on Tuesday.
If you’ve ever listened to a YouTube video of “lo-fi beats to study or relax to,” you might have interacted with Michael Turner’s music ... Show more
Quick Glance: iOS 17.1.2 Update for iPhone Expected This Week
- Based on evidence in our website's analytics logs, Apple is expected to release iOS 17.1.2 this week.
- iOS 17.1.2 should mainly focus on bug fixes, but it's unclear which issues will be addressed.
- After some users continued to experience Wi-Fi issues on iOS 17.1.1, iOS 17.1.2 may include the same fix for Wi-Fi connectivity issues that Apple already included in the iOS 17.2 beta.
- The release of iOS 16.1.2 occurred in the week after U.S. Thanksgiving last year, so there is precedent for a bug-fix update being released this week.
BREAKING: Video footage shows a Red Cross convoy in Khan Younis in Gaza.trib.al/vLeKCYo 📺 Sky 501, Virgin 602, Freeview 233 and YouTube
Quick Glance: Hamas and Israel Release Prisoners
- Hamas frees 17 hostages, including a 4-year-old American girl, from Gaza.
- Israel releases 39 Palestinian prisoners.
- The Red Cross successfully transfers 17 hostages from Gaza.
- Hamas wants to extend the truce if serious efforts are made to increase the number of Palestinian detainees released by Israel.
How 'Lofi Hip Hop Radio to Relax/Study to' Became a YouTube Phenomenon: The infinitely looped clips of anime set to chill-ass beats have millions of ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!