News articles on this subject
6 'fake electors' for Trump are indicted in Nevada: A Nevada grand jury indicted six individuals who submitted documents falsely attesting that they were the ...
Quick Glance: Charges Against 6 'Fake Electors' in Nevada
- The chair of the Nevada Republican Party, Michael McDonald, announces Donald Trump before his speech at the party's convention in Las Vegas.
- A grand jury in Nevada has indicted six individuals for submitting documents falsely claiming that Donald Trump won Nevada in the 2020 election.
- Criminal charges have been brought against the so-called 'fake electors' in three swing states: Nevada, Michigan, and Georgia.
- A legal settlement regarding false electors in Wisconsin has also been announced.
Six fake Donald Trump electors, indicted by Nevada grand jury: A Nevada grand jury has indicted six Nevada GOP members who submitted a document to Congress ...
Quick Glance: Nevada Indicts 6 Republicans as Fake Trump Electors
- A Nevada investigation led to the indictment of six Republicans who falsely declared Donald Trump the winner of the 2020 presidential election in their state.
- The fake electors, involved in the state GOP or Clark County GOP, have been charged with offering a false instrument for filing and uttering a forged instrument.
- The indictments in Nevada are just the latest in a series of investigations in several states into the activities of Republican electors.
- Democratic attorneys general in New Mexico and Arizona are also examining the role of fake electors in their states.
Wisconsin false electors admit they acted to 'improperly overturn' the 2020 presidential election
Quick Glance: Wisconsin Trump Electors Admit Biden Victory
- 10 Republican electors retract false claims and admit Biden won the presidency.
- First agreement by pro-Trump electors to revoke their false claims and not repeat them.
- Investigations and criminal charges against Republican electors in other states are ongoing.
- Attorneys who assisted the Republican electors continue to be sued.
Trump will hold a fundraiser instead of appearing at next week's GOP presidential debate
Quick Glance: Trump's Fundraiser Choice Over GOP Debate
- Former President Donald Trump will not participate in the GOP presidential debate next week but will instead attend a fundraiser in Florida.
- Trump has opted to skip his party's previous primary debates, citing his dominant lead in early state and national polls.
- During the last debate, Trump held a rally in Hialeah, a Miami suburb, which felt like the main event in many ways.
- Instead of participating in the second debate, he traveled to Michigan to speak out against President Joe Biden at an auto-parts manufacturing plant during an autoworkers' strike.
Biden job approval hits new low, Trump takes lead in hypothetical 2024 matchup: WSJ poll
McCarthy declares support for Trump in 2024: Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said he is endorsing former President Trump for reelection in 2024 ...
Quick Glance: Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to Leave Congress
- Former Speaker of the House, Kevin McCarthy, is leaving the House of Representatives in Washington
- McCarthy, 58, announced in a Wall Street Journal column that he will be leaving Congress after holding and then losing the role of speaker for nine months
- His departure could hamper the party's hopes of retaining the majority next year, as he played a significant role in helping Republicans take control of the House in 2022
- Although representing a safe Republican district in California, his departure will further narrow the already slim Republican majority early next year as Congress tries to avert a partial government shutdown in mid-January
Pro-Trump electors indicted in Nevada, the third state to issue charges: Nevada is the third state after Georgia and Michigan to seek charges against the ...
Quick Glance: Pro-Trump Electors Indicted in Nevada
- A Nevada grand jury charged six Republicans claiming to be presidential electors in 2020, submitting false certificates to Congress asserting Trump's win in their state.
- Nevada AG Aaron D. Ford (D) launched an investigation earlier, making it the third state after Georgia and Michigan to seek charges against pro-Trump activists.
- In total, Trump electors met in seven states won by Biden, with investigations also underway in Arizona and New Mexico.
- The Nevada indictment has limited charges to the electors themselves so far, with the possibility of additional charges still unknown.
Liz Cheney warns Trump will never leave office if he's elected president again: WASHINGTON — Former Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., warned Monday that if Donald Trump ...
Quick Glance: Liz Cheney's Warning About Trump's Re-election
- Cheney warns that Trump will attempt to stay in power if elected for a second term.
- She believes the U.S. could become a dictatorship under Trump's leadership.
- Cheney emphasizes the danger of Trump trying to overturn the election again.
- She stresses that voting for Trump would be a vote against the Constitution.
Nevada grand jury indicts 'fake electors' who backed Trump in 2020: A Nevada grand jury on Wednesday indicted six fake electors as part of a probe into the 2020 ...
Prosecutors cite Trump's history of false election claims as evidence of motive: Prosecutors want to use evidence of former President Trump's baseless statements ...
Appeals court largely upholds Trump’s federal gag order: A three-judge panel of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Trump’s complaints about free speech ...
Liz Cheney is back and unloading on the current leaders of her ancestral GOP : There is no good time for a book as critical of one's own party as Oath and Honor ...
Trump’s ‘dictator’ remark jolts the 2024 campaign — and tests his GOP rivals on debate day
Quick Glance: Trump Doesn't Rule Out Power Abuse
- Trump declines to rule out abusing power upon return to the White House
- Biden warns that Trump is determined to destroy American democracy
- Trump refuses to promise he would never abuse power to seek retribution
- Hannity solely questions Trump in an interview differing from the typical town hall format with audience questions
Monica Lewinsky calls for constitutional ban on presidential self-pardons: Monica Lewinsky penned on op-ed Monday calling for a series of constitutional ...
Quick Glance: Monica Lewinsky Calls for Ban on Presidential Self-Pardons
- In an op-ed in Vanity Fair, Lewinsky called for six constitutional amendments, including a ban on presidential self-pardons.
- Lewinsky quoted constitutional law professor Neal Katyal, who warned about the potential danger of former President Trump returning to the White House.
- She also advocated for unspecified age limits for elected officials without naming President Biden directly.
- Legal scholars have been discussing the issue of presidential self-pardons for some time.
Democracy is at stake if Trump is reelected, Liz Cheney warns in her new book: Liz Cheney's book Oath and Honor: A Memoir and a Warning slams Trump's efforts to ...
Quick Glance: Liz Cheney Considers Third Party, Warns of Trump-led Threat
- Liz Cheney, once a rising GOP leader, is ready to create a new third party or run for president with one.
- She hopes to play a role in establishing a new conservative party, as restoring the current Republican Party seems impossible.
- Cheney is open to joining a bipartisan ticket in the next election to include both Republicans and Democrats.
- She warns of Trump as an existential threat and suggests that a third party could provide voters with an alternative.
US appeals court says Trump must face lawsuits over US Capitol attack: A U.S. appeals court on Friday ruled that Donald Trump must face civil lawsuits over his ...
Quick Glance: Court Allows Lawsuits Against Trump for Inciting Jan. 6 Violence
- Trump’s sweeping claims of presidential immunity rejected by the circuit court.
- Expected rejection of the same claim by judge in Capitol riot criminal trial.
Mitt Romney: I’d Rather Vote Dem Than for Trump or Vivek: It would be an “upgrade” from Trump, the Utah senator said.
Quick Glance: Romney Prefers Any Democrat Over Trump in 2024
- Republican Senator Mitt Romney signaled that almost any candidate in the 2024 field, regardless of party, would be an 'upgrade' over another term for former President Trump.
- Romney stated that he would be happy to support and vote for almost any Republican, as well as for some Democrats.
- After Romney announced that he will not seek reelection, this sparked a wave of gloating insults from Trump and his allies.
Trump spokesperson: DeSantis ‘so desperate for attention’ he’s debating ‘Grade A loser’ Gavin Newsom
Quick Glance: Key Points in DeSantis-Newsom Debate on Fox
- DeSantis and Newsom will participate in a 90-minute debate titled 'DeSantis vs. Newsom: The Great Red vs. Blue State Debate,' moderated by Fox News host Sean Hannity.
- Both governors have developed a growing rivalry over the past months and may use the debate to boost their political careers.
- Expect personal attacks between Newsom and DeSantis, as they have criticized each other in the past.
- The outcome of the debate could impact the perception of Florida and California, as both governors have clashed over various political issues.
Biden says that 'if Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running': President Joe Biden said on Tuesday that his re-election campaign was prompted in part by ...
Quick Glance: Biden Contemplates 2024 Run, Cites Trump as Motivation
- Biden mentioned that he might not run again if not for the unique threat posed by Donald Trump to the United States.
- Biden stated that he would not drop out of the race if Trump stopped seeking his own second term.
- During his 2020 presidential campaign, Biden often cited Trump's handling of issues as part of his decision to run.
- Biden faces limited competition for his party's nomination and is positioning Trump as a danger to democracy itself.
Haley looks to secure staying power as an ascendant Trump rival: Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley’s ascendancy in the GOP presidential race has brought new ...
Christie says Trump’s ‘intolerant language and conduct’ contribute to rise in antisemitism
Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
‘Test case’ for America: Colorado’s top court poised to weigh Trump’s eligibility to run again
Quick Glance: Colorado Supreme Court to Decide on Trump's Ballot Removal
- Oral arguments set for Wednesday afternoon before Colorado Supreme Court regarding Trump's role in the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol
- Denver district court judge ruled Trump not disqualified under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment despite involvement in insurrection
- Trump also appealed judge's finding of culpability in Capitol attack
- Dozens of lawsuits filed this year to prevent Trump from running for president again
Trump claims MSNBC coverage part of election interference campaign: Former President Trump attacked MSNBC and its parent company Comcast late Tuesday night ...
Pence’s notes show VP initially didn’t want to preside over Jan. 6 electoral count: report
Quick Glance: Report: Pence's Hesitation to Preside Over Jan. 6 Electoral Count Revealed
- Mike Pence initially did not want to preside over the count of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021, amid pressure from Trump to overturn the election results.
- Investigations by special counsel Jack Smith show that Pence left personal notes indicating his initial reluctance to preside over the count of electoral votes.
- Pence told investigators that his loyalty to Trump never wavered at the time.
- Pence was also questioned about his recent memoir, detailing conversations with Trump about certifying the votes, including an investigation into the placement of a comma in one section of the book, which Pence deemed a mistake.
Biden says he's 'not the only one who can defeat' Trump : President Joe Biden said Wednesday that he didn't think he was the only Democrat who could prevail over ...
Liz Cheney's 'Oath and Honor' spotlights dangers of a potential 2nd Trump presidency
Special counsel alleges Trump ‘sent’ supporters on path to Jan. 6 violence: Special counsel Jack Smith accused the former president of a history of election lies ...
Trump, not acting in presidential capacity on Jan. 6, can be sued, court rules: Trump would not be protected by presidential immunity, the court ruled.
Haley leads Biden by 4 points in 2024 match-up, but falls short of Trump: Poll: GOP presidential hopeful Nikki Haley leads President Biden in a hypothetical ...
Biden to take on Boebert, House GOP’s economic vision in Colorado remarks: President Joe Biden on Wednesday will seek to contrast his economic vision with that ...
Quick Glance: Biden Calls Out Boebert as Leader of 'MAGA Movement' in Colorado
- Biden singles out Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as a leader of the 'MAGA movement' during his visit to her congressional district.
- Biden visits wind tower manufacturer CS Wind in Pueblo, Colo., emphasizing Boebert's role in the 'MAGA movement'.
- Biden mentions Boebert as one of the leaders of the extreme 'MAGA movement' and highlights her voting record against the IRA.
- Biden joins CS Wind workers on stage, emphasizing the positive impact of the company on the population, including in Boebert's district.
Cheney warns that a vote for Trump ‘may mean the last election that you ever get to vote in’
Dean Phillips says ‘it’s delusional’ to think Biden can beat Trump: Rep. Dean Phillips (D-Minn.) on Saturday criticized President Biden for his recent poll ...
Quick Glance: Dean Phillips Opts Out of Congressional Reelection in 2024: 'Time for a New Generation'
- Democrat Dean Phillips is challenging President Joe Biden in the 2024 primary and is heeding his own advice to pass the torch.
- The 54-year-old Phillips will not seek reelection to the U.S. House and is opening up his congressional seat.
- Phillips is urging Biden to also forgo seeking reelection as both parties vie for control of Congress.
- As one of about a dozen lawmakers not seeking reelection next year, Phillips becomes part of the contest for congressional control.
Trump hits Christie after strong debate showing: ‘Not fit to run for President’: Former President Trump took a swing Friday at former New Jersey Gov ...
Donald Trump poses the biggest danger to the world in 2024: What his victory in America’s election would mean
Quick Glance: Donald Trump's Impact in 2024
- Trump is dominating the Republican primary, strengthening his position.
- A potential second term for Trump would be organized, retaliatory, and protectionist.
- Trump poses a threat not only to his own country but also to international politics.
- A Trump victory would have profound effects abroad as well.
Mega-donors shake up GOP presidential race ahead of Iowa caucuses: The network backed by the Koch family announced Tuesday that it is endorsing Nikki Haley.
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Trump, allies fire back at media warnings of second-term dictatorship: Headlines blaring warnings about how a second Trump presidency could slip toward ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Potential for Authoritarian Rule
- There is a realistic threat for Trump to achieve authoritarian rule in the United States.
- Trump allies are openly developing a plan to transform a second term into full-blown autocracy.
- Election officials, Republican lawmakers, and former Trump advisors testified with exceptional courage, mobilizing many voters against election deniers in 2022.
- The national response to the antidemocratic threat of the Trump years was surprisingly positive - not only in terms of elections but also institutionally.
Trump defends mistaking Obama for Biden, says he’s being sarcastic : Former President Trump on Monday defended mistaking former President Obama for President ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Deliberate Mix-Up: Biden and Obama
- Donald Trump claims to intentionally confuse Joe Biden and Barack Obama to suggest potential outside influence on the government.
- His confusions are a prominent attack point for Ron DeSantis, who claims that Trump is not the same candidate he was in 2016.
- Polls show a higher share of voters believe Trump has the stamina and sharpness for the presidency compared to Biden.
- Campaigns from DeSantis and Biden use Trump's errors to highlight and promote them on social media.
'Not normal times': Here's why the Republican primary is a referendum on Joe Biden, not Donald Trump
Quick Glance: Unusual Times: Why the Republican Primary is a Referendum on Joe Biden, Not Donald Trump
- The Republican primary should focus on Donald Trump, but candidates are reluctant to attack him to avoid alienating voters.
- Republican candidate Chris Christie, who has criticized Trump, has little support in the polls.
- Fear of a political backlash is preventing challengers from attacking Trump.
- So far, attacks on Trump have strengthened him politically.
Seven delusions plaguing the mind of the Trump base voter: My safe 2024 prediction: The losing party will believe it is “the end of America.”
Where Are All the Anti-Trump Republicans?: A vast array of GOP power brokers detest and disdain the former president. So why are they keeping so quiet?
Bill Maher suggests changes to debate format: Comedian and political commentator Bill Maher shared his suggestions for future presidential debates on his show ...
‘Fake elector’ probes in 2020 swing states could spell more trouble for Trump: Former President Trump’s four criminal cases have dominated headlines since April ...
Billionaire GOP donor endorses Haley, says Trump’s time has ‘come and gone’: Home Depot co-founder and billionaire Ken Langone put his support behind GOP hopeful ...
Trump says charges against him opened "Pandora's box": The former president has sought to delay the trial proceedings until after the 2024 presidential ...
Republican primary stakes sharpen as candidates begin mad dash to Iowa: The Republican primary campaign is careening toward its final act, with seven weeks to go ...
Massa concedes to far-right Milei in Argentina’s presidential run-off vote: Argentina’s presidential candidate Sergio Massa has conceded the country’s hotly ...
DeSantis wins fourth GOP debate, WaPo poll says: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) won the fourth Republican primary debate, according to a poll of debate watchers ...
How to watch the fourth GOP primary debate: The fourth Republican primary debate will take place Wednesday night as the last chance for the GOP candidates to ...
Federal appeals court narrows Trump gag order in 2020 election case: A federal appeals court on Friday upheld most of the partial gag order on former President ...
Quick Glance: Court Preserves Trump Speech Restrictions
- A federal appeals court has preserved most of a speech restriction on former President Donald Trump in his election interference case.
- The court ruling would allow Trump to make public statements about the special counsel in the case, but not about other prosecutors, court staffers, or their family members if those remarks aim to interfere with their work.
- The appeals court ruling preserves the restrictions on Trump and other parties in the case from disparaging likely witnesses in the election interference case because of their expected testimony.
- The court stated that Trump does not enjoy unfettered rights to free speech like other criminal defendants.
Trump lawyers say Georgia charges violate ‘free speech’ and that he can’t be tried while president
House Democrat apologizes after saying Trump ‘has to be eliminated’: Rep. Daniel Goldman (D-N.Y.) apologized Monday for his “poor choice of words” when he said ...
Trump lawyers seek to probe U.S. handling of 2020 election fraud claims: New Trump court filing seeks evidence to relitigate debunked claims that election was ...
U.S. judge rejects Trump immunity claim in Jan. 6 criminal prosecution: A federal judge in D.C. rejected Donald Trump’s claim of “absolute immunity” from ...
Quick Glance: Judge Rejects Trump's Immunity Claim
- Former US President Donald Trump attends civil fraud trial at New York State Supreme Court.
- Judge Tanya Chutkan rules that Trump has no immunity from criminal charges.
- Chutkan's ruling is the first in the US affirming that presidents can be charged with crimes like any other citizen.
- Trump's lawyers claimed he is 'absolutely immune' from charges, which was rejected by Judge Chutkan.
Georgia DA Fani Willis appears in court to argue that Trump co-defendant's bond should be revoked
Quick Glance: DA Fani Willis Appears in Court for Bond Revocation
- Fani Willis makes rare court appearance to argue for revocation of co-defendant's bond.
- Willis presents the case against Harrison Floyd and argues for bond revocation due to violations.
- Willis demonstrates Floyd's contact with witnesses and co-defendants as a violation of his bond.
- Floyd's attorneys claim Willis' allegations are without merit and retaliatory.
Trump claims he is ‘seriously’ looking at ObamaCare alternatives: Former President Trump over the weekend revived his calls to repeal and replace the Affordable ...
Top Democratic donor gives $250k to support Nikki Haley, citing need to defeat Trump in primary
Quick Glance: Top Donor Backs Nikki Haley with $250k
- Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn, donates $250k to a super PAC supporting Nikki Haley to stop Donald Trump in the primaries.
- Hoffman emphasizes that the primaries are the first of two chances to prevent Trump from winning the White House again.
- He still plans to vote for President Joe Biden, but his priority is to defeat Trump and uphold the integrity of the legal system.
- Hoffman supports Haley's candidacy despite policy disagreements because he sees her as the only realistic alternative to Trump.
Court ruling: Trump can run in Colorado primaries: Former US President Trump is in the middle of several court cases - now he has scored a victory in Colorado: ...
Quick Glance: Court Ruling: Trump Allowed to Run in Colorado Primaries
- Lawsuit against Trump's candidacy in Colorado dismissed.
- Former US President achieves legal victory.
- Court decision permits Trump to participate in Colorado primaries.
- Judge explains the reason behind Trump's legal win.
Trump in ‘excellent health,’ personal physician says: Former President Trump is in “excellent health,” according to a letter from his personal physician ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Excellent Health Report
- Former President Trump's personal physician, Bruce Aronwald, states that Trump is in 'excellent health.'
- Aronwald reports that Trump improved his diet, remained physically active, but did not disclose his weight.
- The doctor's letter provides less information than Trump's annual exams during his presidency.
- Trump is the front-runner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, making his health a point of scrutiny.
Trump makes aggressive pitch to take young voters from Biden: Former President Trump on Wednesday urged younger voters to support him in next year’s election ...
Donations to GOP drop as worries mount about the party’s finances: Donors have not cut as many large checks to the RNC in recent years, and the party’s ...
Biden campaign not yet committing to general election debates: President Biden’s reelection campaign isn’t yet committing to general election debates in a ...
‘Tusca-losers’: Jimmy Kimmel jokes about GOP presidential debate in Alabama: The late night host made cracks about Chris Christie, Ron DeSantis ...
Schoen: Trump has real chance to return to White House: Indeed, the economy, the president’s age, and the perception of corruption have put a damper on Biden’s ...
Trump weighs in on College Football Playoff, blames DeSantis: Florida man versus Florida man in a football showdown? Former President Trump is blaming Florida ...
Quick Glance: Florida State AD and Coach Criticize Playoff Committee
- FSU excluded from playoff despite undefeated season, Alford calls it a committee failure.
- Texas (12-1) and Alabama (12-1) leapfrog FSU in playoff rankings to enter the top four.
- Alford warns of destructive consequences of giving in to a narrative of the moment and the damage to the legitimacy of the College Football Playoff.
- Travis' absence changed the committee's view of FSU, despite injuries being allowed in playoff considerations.
Trump knocks Dimon for supporting Haley: Former President Trump blasted JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon on Thursday, after he boosted former U.N ...
Quick Glance: JPMorgan CEO: Support Nikki Haley in 2024 Election
- Dimon backs Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley, urging support from Democrats and emphasizing 'very liberal Democrats'.
- He mentioned having conversations with Haley but stopped short of fully endorsing her.
- Others, like Ken Langone, also plan to support Haley as the only person who can challenge Trump in the elections.
- Dimon's call for bipartisan support for Haley comes amid her rising popularity in the GOP primary field.
The Trump Prosecutions Are Cause to Celebrate the Rule of Law: Compared with the mire of uncertainty in which the nation has wallowed for the past several years ...
Taylor Swift vs. MAGA? Trump toadies get mad and dumb over Time's new Person of the Year.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!