News articles on this subject
Capitol rioter who berated judge sentenced to 3 months in jail: A New York massage therapist who joined the mob of Trump supporters attacking the U.S ...
Trump signals he’s out for revenge in second term: Former President Trump told his supporters earlier this year he would be their “retribution” if reelected ...
Why Donald Trump's Paying Attention to Young Thug's Trial: Experts told Newsweek what Trump's team could learn from Young Thug's trial.
Maryanne Trump Barry, sister of Donald Trump, dies at 86: Former federal prosecutor and judge was publicly supportive of former US president despite private ...
Quick Glance: Maryanne Trump Barry, Older Sister of Donald Trump, Passes at 86
- Ms. Barry, a former federal judge, was her brother's protector and critic throughout their lives.
- Maryanne Trump Barry, an older sister of former President Donald J. Trump, passed away at the age of 86.
- She passed away at her home on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- Ms. Barry, the widow of John Barry, had been a federal judge in New Jersey, a position she attained during President Ronald Reagan's tenure.
Donald Trump's Lawyer Made One Big Courtroom Mistake: Former federal prosecutor Joyce Vance criticized Trump's lawyer's behaviour during a gag order appeal.
Suspended commissioner uses Trump tactic, attacks Broward prosecutor as ‘leftist’ and ‘shameless liar’
Aileen Cannon's Removal Being Weighed by Jack Smith—Attorney: The judge in Donald Trump's classified-documents case has refused to set a key deadline ...
Donald Trump Says Undercover Agents Should Have Stopped Jan. 6 Happening: Trump is seeking disclosure of all undercover agents within five miles of the Capitol ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Request for Disclosure of Covert Investigators
- Trump is demanding the disclosure of all covert investigators within a five-mile radius of the Capitol during the events on January 6.
- According to Donald Trump's lawyers, undercover agents hiding among Trump supporters should have stopped the events on January 6.
- Trump's lawyers are requesting information on undercover agents to demonstrate that it was the security forces, not Trump, who could have stopped the Capitol invasion.
- The presence of undercover agents or informants would indicate a failure of controls and/or covert operations, as argued by Trump's lawyers.
Trump gag order reinstated in New York civil fraud trial: A New York appeals court has reinstated a gag order that barred Donald Trump from commenting about ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Gag Order Reinstated in Civil Fraud Trial
- Former President exits court after testifying
- Previously lifted gag order back in place
- Decision pending on appeal from Trump's legal team
- Gag order prohibits comments about Judge Engoron's staff
Trump will hold a fundraiser instead of appearing at next week's GOP presidential debate
Quick Glance: Trump's Fundraiser Choice Over GOP Debate
- Former President Donald Trump will not participate in the GOP presidential debate next week but will instead attend a fundraiser in Florida.
- Trump has opted to skip his party's previous primary debates, citing his dominant lead in early state and national polls.
- During the last debate, Trump held a rally in Hialeah, a Miami suburb, which felt like the main event in many ways.
- Instead of participating in the second debate, he traveled to Michigan to speak out against President Joe Biden at an auto-parts manufacturing plant during an autoworkers' strike.
Trump spokesperson: DeSantis ‘so desperate for attention’ he’s debating ‘Grade A loser’ Gavin Newsom
Quick Glance: Key Points in DeSantis-Newsom Debate on Fox
- DeSantis and Newsom will participate in a 90-minute debate titled 'DeSantis vs. Newsom: The Great Red vs. Blue State Debate,' moderated by Fox News host Sean Hannity.
- Both governors have developed a growing rivalry over the past months and may use the debate to boost their political careers.
- Expect personal attacks between Newsom and DeSantis, as they have criticized each other in the past.
- The outcome of the debate could impact the perception of Florida and California, as both governors have clashed over various political issues.
Putin seems to be winning the war in Ukraine—for now: His biggest asset is Europe’s lack of strategic vision
Quick Glance: Russia's 'God of War' Putin
- Putin was initially chosen as a puppet but ended up keeping the power for himself.
- Putin is playing a game with his reelection, despite being determined to continue ruling.
- His political image as an unbeatable war god is specifically for the Russian public.
- Putin based his political image not on charisma or intellect, but on power plays.
The president’s son is currently under one indictment, bracing for another and has become the face of the Republican impeachment probe of his father ... Show more
Quick Glance: Comer Rejects Public Hearing for Hunter Biden
- Comer stated that Democrats would be 'yelling and screaming' at a public hearing with Hunter Biden.
- Over 10,000 pages of documents regarding Hunter Biden’s financial transactions with enemies worldwide have been obtained.
- Hunter Biden's attorney proposed a public hearing in response to a subpoena but was denied.
- Comer denied the request to make the December testimony public but offered to do so after the private deposition.
Mike Pence Will Be 'Killer Witness' Against Donald Trump—Attorney: Mike Pence said Donald Trump had surrounded himself with "crank" lawyers promoting ...
Quick Glance: Report: Pence's Hesitation to Preside Over Jan. 6 Electoral Count Revealed
- Mike Pence initially did not want to preside over the count of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021, amid pressure from Trump to overturn the election results.
- Investigations by special counsel Jack Smith show that Pence left personal notes indicating his initial reluctance to preside over the count of electoral votes.
- Pence told investigators that his loyalty to Trump never wavered at the time.
- Pence was also questioned about his recent memoir, detailing conversations with Trump about certifying the votes, including an investigation into the placement of a comma in one section of the book, which Pence deemed a mistake.
BREAKING: A lawyer for Donald Trump told investigators that she warned the former president that not complying with a subpoena to return all classified ... Show more
Quick Glance: Trump Warned: Comply or Face Criminal Charges
- Attorney Jennifer Little warned Trump of potential criminal charges if he failed to comply with a subpoena for classified documents at Mar-a-Lago.
- Special counsel Jack Smith accused Trump of knowingly violating the law by hiding over 100 classified documents and submitting a false certification to the FBI.
- Another attorney, Evan Corcoran, also emphasized the importance of complying with the subpoena, warning that authorities might search the Mar-a-Lago estate if Trump didn't comply.
- Little tried to impress upon Trump the seriousness of the situation and emphasized the difference between the Justice Department's subpoena and previous demands from the National Archives.
Monica Lewinsky Proposes A Way To Fight Presidential Misconduct: Lewinsky suggested an amendment to leave presidents on the hook for crimes they commit.
Quick Glance: Monica Lewinsky Calls for Ban on Presidential Self-Pardons
- In an op-ed in Vanity Fair, Lewinsky called for six constitutional amendments, including a ban on presidential self-pardons.
- Lewinsky quoted constitutional law professor Neal Katyal, who warned about the potential danger of former President Trump returning to the White House.
- She also advocated for unspecified age limits for elected officials without naming President Biden directly.
- Legal scholars have been discussing the issue of presidential self-pardons for some time.
Judge denies Trump's 'fishing expedition' to subpoena Jan. 6 committee records: A federal judge overseeing President Donald Trump's upcoming election ...
Biden campaign: Trump’s vendetta against ObamaCare a threat to millions with preexisting conditions
Romney says he would vote for a Democrat over Trump in 2024: Utah Sen. Mitt Romney said a Democrat would be "an upgrade" over Donald Trump in 2024.
Quick Glance: Romney Prefers Any Democrat Over Trump in 2024
- Republican Senator Mitt Romney signaled that almost any candidate in the 2024 field, regardless of party, would be an 'upgrade' over another term for former President Trump.
- Romney stated that he would be happy to support and vote for almost any Republican, as well as for some Democrats.
- After Romney announced that he will not seek reelection, this sparked a wave of gloating insults from Trump and his allies.
The RNC’s rules for the 2024 convention don’t address what would happen if Donald Trump is convicted
Kevin McCarthy Cursed at Trump Following Removal as Speaker: Report: Trump reportedly complained that McCarthy did not dispute his two impeachments and has ...
Facing Rematch With Biden, Trump Stays Focused – on Obama: Democrats have their sights set squarely on Donald Trump as they campaign to deny the former president ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Deliberate Mix-Up: Biden and Obama
- Donald Trump claims to intentionally confuse Joe Biden and Barack Obama to suggest potential outside influence on the government.
- His confusions are a prominent attack point for Ron DeSantis, who claims that Trump is not the same candidate he was in 2016.
- Polls show a higher share of voters believe Trump has the stamina and sharpness for the presidency compared to Biden.
- Campaigns from DeSantis and Biden use Trump's errors to highlight and promote them on social media.
American diplomat Henry Kissinger dies at 100: Former diplomat and presidential adviser Henry Kissinger died on Wednesday at the age of 100 ...
Trump makes aggressive pitch to take young voters from Biden: Former President Trump on Wednesday urged younger voters to support him in next year’s election ...
Trump Demands Government Punish MSNBC for Critical Coverage: Former President Donald Trump took to Truth Social late Tuesday night to demand that the government ...
Trump’s ‘intolerance towards everyone’ encourages hate, Chris Christie says: Republican challenger says rival’s language and conduct a contributing factor to ...
Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
Donald Trump Rages at Nikki Haley's Success: Trump lashed out at Haley after she secured a key endorsement, referring to the former South Carolina governor as ...
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Appeals court reinstates gag order on Trump in N.Y. civil fraud trial: The former president is scheduled to take the stand next month as the final witness in the ...
Trump Thinks He Can Run As an Abortion ‘Moderate’ in ’24: Donald Trump, who destroyed Roe, thinks that he can run for president in 2024 as a 'moderate' ...
Trump stresses he wants to replace ObamaCare, not ‘terminate’ it: Former President Trump emphasized late Tuesday night that he wants to “replace” the Affordable ...
Biden rips Trump, GOP over repealing ObamaCare, supply chain issues: President Biden criticized Republicans and former President Trump on Monday for efforts that ...
Quick Glance: Biden Criticizes Trump and GOP
- The president criticized Republicans and former President Trump for actions that could jeopardize the supply chain, including undoing his achievements and seeking to replace ObamaCare.
- The president announced 30 actions to improve access to medicine and economic data.
- The council is to strengthen the supply chain during the 2023 holiday season, following significant issues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biden referenced a Truth Social post from Trump in the meeting, in which the former president revived calls to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act if he wins the 2024 election.
Trump knocks Dimon for supporting Haley: Former President Trump blasted JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon on Thursday, after he boosted former U.N ...
Quick Glance: JPMorgan CEO: Support Nikki Haley in 2024 Election
- Dimon backs Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley, urging support from Democrats and emphasizing 'very liberal Democrats'.
- He mentioned having conversations with Haley but stopped short of fully endorsing her.
- Others, like Ken Langone, also plan to support Haley as the only person who can challenge Trump in the elections.
- Dimon's call for bipartisan support for Haley comes amid her rising popularity in the GOP primary field.
Javier Milei: Trump tells Argentina's President-elect he plans to visit him: Former President Donald Trump has told Argentina’s President-elect Javier Milei that ...
Unsealed ruling details U.S. Rep. Scott Perry’s tireless work for Trump’s 2020 cause
Liz Cheney Book: Trump Was 'Depressed,' 'Not Eating' After Jan. 6: Liz Cheney alleges in a new book that Kevin McCarthy told her he visited Trump at Mar-a-Lago ...
Trump co-defendant in Georgia who pleaded guilty could testify in other cases: After pleading guilty in Georgia, Kenneth Chesebro has been approached by ...
Quick Glance: Judge orders thorough examination of Trump's assets in New York fraud trial
- Judge prohibits Trump or any other defendants from transferring assets or creating a new entity without prior disclosure.
- The appointed monitor must be informed if the defendants plan to move their assets or create a new entity not involved in the case.
- The trial focuses on an investigation of Trump's business conduct, where prosecutors allege his company inflated property values and sizes to obtain better terms for loans and insurance policies.
- Trump attended the first three days of the trial but is not present in the courtroom on Thursday.
Biden to highlight Trump’s renewed effort to shelve Affordable Care Act : “My predecessor, once again … called for cuts that could rip away health insurance for ...
‘How’d it work out for the Gamecocks having Trump show up?’ Clemson grad Haley says
Quick Glance: Trump's Impact at USC-Clemson Appearance
- First South Carolina appearance since campaign visit
- Campaign video shows enthusiastic fan reaction to Trump
- First time as Gamecocks' guest, previously attended Clemson game
- Visited Iowa-Iowa State game and scheduled town hall in Bluffton
Liz Cheney Gets Last Laugh Over Marjorie Taylor Greene: Ahead of its December 5 release, Amazon lists Cheney's new book, "Oath and Honor ...
MAGA Furious Over Mitt Romney Saying He'd Vote for Democrats: "It would be an upgrade from, in my opinion, Donald Trump and perhaps also from Joe Biden ...
Quick Glance: Mitt Romney Would Vote for Democrat Over Trump
- Romney says he would support almost any Republican, except Vivek Ramaswamy.
- He prefers another candidate over Trump and Biden.
- Romney rejects Ramaswamy and Trump as candidates.
- He criticizes the Republican Party as populist.
Trump rips Wall Street Journal over editorial on ObamaCare stance: Former President Trump attacked the Wall Street Journal again this week over its stance on the ...
Robert De Niro vented his anger when his anti-Trump remarks were unexpectedly axed from his speech at the Gotham Awards.
Quick Glance: 'Past Lives' Triumphs at Gotham Awards
- Celine Song's film 'Past Lives' wins top honors at Gotham Awards
- De Niro criticizes editing of his speech at the awards ceremony
- Lily Gladstone wins Best Lead Performance, but not for her role in 'Past Lives'
- The Gotham Awards have unique quirks that set them apart from other awards
Billy Baldwin's Melania Trump Message Goes Viral: The outspoken actor wrote about the former first lady's attendance at Rosalynn Carter's funeral.
Trump, Milei, Wilders: What right-wing populists reveal with their hairstyles: In the past, right-wing populists were more easily recognized by their edginess ...
Trump says charges against him opened "Pandora's box": The former president has sought to delay the trial proceedings until after the 2024 presidential ...
Trump is set to return to the witness stand in his civil fraud trial: Trump already testified aggressively earlier this month, when he was called by his ...
Rep Donalds says he’d be Trump’s vice president: ‘Who wouldn’t?’: Rep. Byron Donalds (R-Fla.) on Thursday said he would accept if former President Trump offered ...
GOP senators feel ambushed by Trump’s policy promises : Former President Trump is creating new political headaches for Republicans locked in a highly competitive ...
Texas Gov. Abbott endorses Trump at campaign stop on southern border: Donald Trump returned to the U.S.-Mexico border for a visit Sunday and was endorsed by ...
Quick Glance: Greg Abbott Endorses Donald Trump at Texas Border
- Texas Governor endorses Trump, lauding his border policies.
- Gov. Greg Abbott of Texas threw his support behind the former president at an event near the southern border.
- Abbott's aggressive immigration policies align him closely with Donald J. Trump, whose plans if elected to a second term include detaining undocumented immigrants in camps.
- Abbott criticized President Biden for reversing Trump-era policies that had expedited deportations and required asylum seekers to remain in Mexico while awaiting hearings.
Biden to take on Boebert, House GOP’s economic vision in Colorado remarks: President Joe Biden on Wednesday will seek to contrast his economic vision with that ...
Quick Glance: Biden Calls Out Boebert as Leader of 'MAGA Movement' in Colorado
- Biden singles out Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as a leader of the 'MAGA movement' during his visit to her congressional district.
- Biden visits wind tower manufacturer CS Wind in Pueblo, Colo., emphasizing Boebert's role in the 'MAGA movement'.
- Biden mentions Boebert as one of the leaders of the extreme 'MAGA movement' and highlights her voting record against the IRA.
- Biden joins CS Wind workers on stage, emphasizing the positive impact of the company on the population, including in Boebert's district.
Univision’s Jorge Ramos Dings Network’s Trump Interview: The leading anchor says journalists cannot give Trump “an open microphone to broadcast his falsehoods ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Excellent Health Report
- Former President Trump's personal physician, Bruce Aronwald, states that Trump is in 'excellent health.'
- Aronwald reports that Trump improved his diet, remained physically active, but did not disclose his weight.
- The doctor's letter provides less information than Trump's annual exams during his presidency.
- Trump is the front-runner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, making his health a point of scrutiny.
Trump hints at expanding domestic role for the military within the U.S.: The front-runner for the 2024 Republican nomination has spoken openly about his plans ...
EU Weighs Concession in US Steel Feud, Fearing Trump Return: Donald Trump hasn’t even secured the Republican nomination for the 2024 US election but the prospect ...
Republican primary stakes sharpen as candidates begin mad dash to Iowa: The Republican primary campaign is careening toward its final act, with seven weeks to go ...
Trump wants to use Jan. 6 rioter cases to fight the special counsel’s case against him
‘Fake elector’ probes in 2020 swing states could spell more trouble for Trump: Former President Trump’s four criminal cases have dominated headlines since April ...
Bob Vander Plaats Rips Trump Amid Endorsement Feud: The Family Leader CEO Bob Vander Plaats criticized Trump in response to the former president’s fury over ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Accusation Sparks Controversy
- Iowa evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats endorses Ron DeSantis over Trump, causing a stir.
- Donald Trump alleges Vander Plaats of 'scamming' following his endorsement of Ron DeSantis.
- Vander Plaats, influential among Republican voters in Iowa, becomes a key figure in the presidential race.
- DeSantis also gains support from Iowa's Republican governor, Kim Reynolds.
Top Ramaswamy aide leaves to join Trump campaign: A top aide to Republican presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy is joining former President Donald Trump’s ...
Trump on Israel-Hamas hostage deal: ‘This is not going to end well’: Former President Trump branded Saturday as a “dark day” as Hamas moves to release a second ...
Dean Phillips Is Giving Harlan Crow’s Donation to Charity: The Minnesota Democrat’s primary challenge to President Joe Biden has been off to a rocky start.
Quick Glance: Dean Phillips Opts Out of Congressional Reelection in 2024: 'Time for a New Generation'
- Democrat Dean Phillips is challenging President Joe Biden in the 2024 primary and is heeding his own advice to pass the torch.
- The 54-year-old Phillips will not seek reelection to the U.S. House and is opening up his congressional seat.
- Phillips is urging Biden to also forgo seeking reelection as both parties vie for control of Congress.
- As one of about a dozen lawmakers not seeking reelection next year, Phillips becomes part of the contest for congressional control.
Trump Organization no longer produces sweeping financial reports, executive testifies
Arizona Republicans indicted for delaying midterm election certification - UPI.com
Quick Glance: Charges Filed Against Arizona Officials for Election Interference
- Indictment accuses two Cochise County supervisors of meddling with the state vote count.
- Election conspiracy theories rampant in the county.
- Peggy Judd and Tom Crosby pushed for a manual vote recount in heavily Republican Cochise County, Arizona.
- Two Arizona Republican county supervisors indicted for felony charges related to delaying the 2022 election results certification.
Clarence Page: GOP does its best to show us how to normalize an insurrection: Speaker Mike Johnson has released video of the Capitol during the Jan. 6 assault ...
Fight for candidacy among US Republicans: This billionaire wants to prevent Donald Trump
Donald Trump Shaded at Rosalynn Carter Service With Melania in Front Row: White House correspondent Judy Woodruff commented during the service that the former ...
Quick Glance: Rosalynn Carter's Funeral in Hometown
- Funeral held at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Georgia
- Pastor Tony Lowden highlights her global humanitarian work
- Jimmy Carter leaves hospice to attend the memorial service
- Family and friends share affectionate stories and anecdotes
Trump Caught Moving Money Around to Pay Massive Tax Bill: Trump wasn't supposed to be moving significant amounts of money around without notifying a ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!