News articles on this subject
Harlan Coben Netflix Series ‘Fool Me Once’: Trailer, Release Date & Everything We Know
UN Security Council: USA blocks resolution for ceasefire in Gaza Strip: The humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip is dramatic. That's why the UN Secretary ...
Federal judge prohibits separating migrant families at US border for 8 years: A federal judge is prohibiting the separation of families at the border for ...
Quick Glance: Federal Judge Blocks Family Separation at US Border for 8 Years
- A federal judge has prohibited the separation of families at the border for eight years to deter immigration.
- A court settlement in October between the Justice Department and families represented by the American Civil Liberties Union was tentatively approved.
UN resolution failed: US vetoes ceasefire in Gaza: The US had demanded changes to the draft, including a condemnation of Hamas attacks. Meanwhile ...
Private railroad Brightline: First US high-speed train to connect Los Angeles with Las Vegas
Stranger Things Season 5 Production Start Date Set for Netflix Show: Stranger Things Season 5 officially has its eyes set on a production date ...
U.N. Secretary-General Demands a Cease-Fire in Gaza: The United States has signaled that it will block the effort.
Quick Glance: UN Chief Urges Cease-Fire in Israel-Hamas War: Live Updates
- UN Security Council considers draft resolution for cease-fire in Gaza after Secretary-General's urging
- Secretary-General exercises rare authority to demand humanitarian cease-fire
- Israel reveals luxury spending by Hamas leader's son to illustrate gap with Gaza residents
- Israeli forces increase pressure on Hamas, highlighting rocket fire from humanitarian zone
Josh Duhamel and Minka Kelly Cast In Netflix’s ‘Ransom Canyon’: Netflix has confirmed its two leads for its upcoming family drama that should feel like home to ...
Ryan O'Neal, 'Love Story' and 'Paper Moon' actor and big star of the 1970s, dies at 82
Quick Glance: Hollywood Star Ryan O'Neal Dies at 82
- Ryan O'Neal, 1970s film star, dies at 82.
- Known for relationship with Farrah Fawcett and criticized as a bad parent.
- Daughter Tatum described years of abuse in her memoir.
- Recognized for his appearance and early fame by critics and colleagues.
Student nurse Oceanne Belle forced to 'sofa surf' wins £5m London townhouse in Omaze prize draw
The clock is ticking for Israel despite UN failing to agree on ceasefire resolution
Oscar winner Julia Roberts says she feels a kinship with Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes: Celebrities are continuing to show their support for the Chiefs as actress ...
Harvard president apologizes for remarks on campus antisemitism: Harvard University’s president apologized as pressure mounted for the University of ...
Belonged to the "Ritchie Boys": Holocaust survivor Guy Stern is dead: His family was murdered, he himself was able to flee to the US in 1937 ...
N.J. man sentenced to 8 years in prison after video showed him harassing Black neighbors with racial slurs
Lionel Messi has the ‘eyes of the world’ on MLS, commissioner says: “The magnitude of his decision to join MLS cannot be overstated,” MLS Commissioner Don Garber ...
Quick Glance: Soccer's Breakout Year: Messi Makes MLS History
- Lionel Messi's arrival in the US led to record-breaking attendance and increased international profile for Major League Soccer, according to commissioner Don Garber.
- The league saw its largest ever audiences, with nearly 11 million fans, a 5% increase from the previous year, as reported by Morning Consult.
- Messi's splashy arrival notably boosted the league's popularity among millennials, making it the seventh fastest growing brand in the group, according to the research firm.
- Garber expressed being 'very pleased' with the first year of the 10-year, $2.5 billion global media rights deal with Apple, a sentiment echoed by Apple CEO Tim Cook in a recent earnings call.
Israel-Hamas war: Isolated United States rejects UN's call for 'immediate ceasefire'
Selena Gomez seemingly confirms she’s dating Benny Blanco: Selena Gomez hinted at a possible new man in her life, Benny Blanco.
Six French teens await a verdict over their alleged roles in Islamic extremist killing of a teacher
Quick Glance: Verdict for Teens in Teacher's Beheading
- Court verdict for six teenagers involved in the beheading of teacher Samuel Paty by an Islamic extremist.
- Teacher Samuel Paty was killed in 2020 after a debate on free expression, for showing his students cartoons of the prophet of Islam.
- Six teenagers are on trial in Paris for their alleged roles in the beheading of a teacher by a radical Islamist, leading to authorities reaffirming France.
- Paty, a history and geography teacher, was killed on October 16, 2020, in a Paris suburb by Abdoullakh Anzorov.
Rome lights up Spanish Steps with Dior Christmas tree: Dior also lights up streets in Rome suburbs. French luxury fashion house Dior has sponsored a dazzling ...
There's A Very Interesting Opportunity In Netflix Right Now: Investing into a Netflix volatility position could produce significant gains ...
War in the Middle East: US rejects ceasefire in Gaza: In the UN Security Council, a resolution for an immediate ceasefire failed due to the US veto ...
Afghanistan: USA wants to fly out local forces via Ramstein: The USA has promised tens of thousands of former Afghan local workers who fear revenge from the ...
Can I ask my boyfriend to remove his tattoos? Give advice to this Hax question.: Every week, we ask readers to think like an advice columnist and submit their ...
Israel-Gaza war live updates: Gazans starving as aid breaks down, U.N. says; U.S. criticized for vetoing cease-fire resolution
Michigan high school shooter sentenced to Life in Prison without Parole: A Michigan judge hands down a life without parole sentence for the teenager who shot ...
Quick Glance: Michigan Teen Shooter Receives Life Sentence
- At 15, he opened fire at Oxford High School, killing four and injuring seven in the worst school shooting in Michigan's history.
- Friday's sentencing followed nearly five hours of emotional testimony from survivors and loved ones of the four young victims.
- The parents in the US face involuntary manslaughter charges for their child's role in a mass shooting, punishable by up to 15 years in prison - a first in the country.
Starbucks says it wants to reach a labor deal next year: The coffee chain is asking Workers United to restart bargaining in January, saying the current impasse ...
'Miracle' triplets come home from NICU, joining 4-month-old big sister: Zac and Brittney Wolfe welcomed triplets just after adopting a baby girl.
Ukraine: It won't work without continued US military aid: Ukraine has become a plaything in American domestic politics. If the money supply to Kiev remains ...
Latin America’s armed forces have increasing clout: After 30 years of quiet, they are back in parts of the region
Five Big Predictions for ‘Virgin River’ Season 6: Virgin River is coming back for a sixth season and it looks like we’ve got quite the wait before its return on ...
The Pogues' Shane MacGowan Mourned by Thousands at Funeral: Thousands mourned the Pogues' Shane MacGowan at a funeral in Ireland.
Quick Glance: Shane MacGowan: Tribute and Farewell in Tipperary
- A photo of the late Irish singer Shane MacGowan is displayed on the day of his funeral procession in Tipperary.
- The acclaimed songwriter and lead vocalist of The Pogues passed away last week at the age of 65, leading to hundreds gathering both inside and outside the church in Nenagh to bid him farewell.
- Siobhan MacGowan expressed that she believes Shane would have appreciated the send-off as a fitting tribute to her brother.
- Renowned for his Christmas song 'Fairytale of New York', Shane MacGowan would have celebrated his 66th birthday on Christmas Day.
US sanctions dozens of people worldwide over human rights abuses: The United States on Friday slapped sanctions on dozens of people over human rights abuses ...
How much progress has America made on meeting its climate goals?: Our weekly podcast on democracy in America. This week, we consider if the US can be a climate ...
Heroic high school students help rescue mom, 2 kids trapped under car: A group of students lifted a car to one side to rescue a trapped family.
Colette Maze, Pianist Who Started Recording in Her 80s, Dies at 109: Born before the outbreak of World War I, she began making albums in the 1990s ...
They watched their husbands win the Heisman – then lost them to CTE: For years, Heisman weekend was a chance to remember their husband’s glory ...
Texas attorney general petitions state supreme court after woman who sued the state was granted permission for an abortion
A 78-Year-Old Has America’s No. 1 Song. Here’s How She Pulled It Off.: Why a 65-year-old Christmas classic is finally atop the Billboard charts.
How evangelicals learned to put country over God: In “The Kingdom, the Power, and the Glory,” Tim Alberta explores why the patriotism of the church he grew up in ...
Netflix's 'The Brothers Sun' trailer puts Michelle Yeoh on the crime throne: Well, this looks like an absolute blast.
UPenn loses $100 million donation after antisemitism hearing: The University of Pennsylvania (Penn) lost a major $100 million donation on Thursday amid the ...
Quick Glance: US College Presidents Testify on Campus Antisemitism
- Jewish students report antisemitic threats and assaults.
- University administrators accused of failing to protect Jewish people.
- Testimony to House Committee on Education on the rise of antisemitism and Islamophobia since the start of the Israel-Hamas conflict.
- Frequent pro-Palestinian and pro-Israel demonstrations on campus have raised allegations of antisemitism.
Expansion of rail traffic: USA plans first high-speed trains in the West: The USA has placed greater emphasis on individual mobility than most industrialized ...
The Most Popular Recipes of 2023: The Most Popular Recipes of 2023 So Far is a group of recipes collected by the editors of NYT Cooking.
Sandra Day O’Connor specialised in breaking into male bastions: The first woman justice on America’s Supreme Court died on December 1st, aged 93
US state of Nevada: Attacker kills at least three people at university in Las Vegas
Green protectionism will slow the energy transition : Expanding renewable-power capacity is becoming ever harder
Netflix And Comcast In Discussions For Renewal Of 2004 Interconnection Deal: It’s incredible to think it’s been ten years since Netflix and Comcast signed their ...
Israel News ++ 25-year-old hostage declared dead in Gaza ++: According to information from the hostage families, a 25-year-old Israeli was murdered in captivity ...
Weed killer: Bayer again convicted in glyphosate trial: Bayer's defeats in court are piling up. The company is now expected to pay a woman from Pennsylvania ...
Cooper DeJean, Tory Taylor named first-team All-Americans by Walter Camp Football Foundation
Liberian Mayor Jefferson Koijee Sanctioned for Human Rights Violations: MONROVIA – Monrovia City Mayor and Secretary General of the Coalition for Democratic ...
Israel strikes Gaza after failed UN ceasefire bid: GAZA STRIP: Israel pressed its offensive against Hamas militants in Gaza on Saturday (Dec 9) after the United ...
Ousted former Speaker Kevin McCarthy endorses Trump for president in 2024: The ousted speaker said he and Trump are "very honest with one another."
Quick Glance: Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to Leave Congress
- Former Speaker of the House, Kevin McCarthy, is leaving the House of Representatives in Washington
- McCarthy, 58, announced in a Wall Street Journal column that he will be leaving Congress after holding and then losing the role of speaker for nine months
- His departure could hamper the party's hopes of retaining the majority next year, as he played a significant role in helping Republicans take control of the House in 2022
- Although representing a safe Republican district in California, his departure will further narrow the already slim Republican majority early next year as Congress tries to avert a partial government shutdown in mid-January
In Iowa, an aging couple navigates diverging political views: An aging couple with a small farm in rural Iowa reflects on their changing community – and country ...
War in the Middle East: The hypocrites: Many Arab states and the UN are appealing to Israel to stop its military action in Gaza. It would be better if they took ...
Gen Z musician wants you to stream her music to avoid 9-to-5 job: 20-year-old musician Zoe Wynns is leaning into the idea that Gen Zers can't hack 9-to-5s to get ...
A Tyrannosaur Was Found Fossilized, and So Was Its Last Meal: A 75-million-year-old Gorgosaurus fossil is the first tyrannosaur skeleton ever found with a filled ...
Former president Donald Trump said Tuesday that he would not be a dictator upon returning to office “except for Day One,” as he largely deflected questions at ... Show more
Quick Glance: Trump Doesn't Rule Out Power Abuse
- Trump declines to rule out abusing power upon return to the White House
- Biden warns that Trump is determined to destroy American democracy
- Trump refuses to promise he would never abuse power to seek retribution
- Hannity solely questions Trump in an interview differing from the typical town hall format with audience questions
A single sniper rifle led investigators to a syndicate deep in the United States that armed Mexico’s fentanyl-trafficking Jalisco New Generation Cartel
Visitors to Martin Luther King Jr.'s birth home stop a woman from setting fire to it
Quick Glance: MLK Birth Home Saved from Arson Attack
- The historic house where Dr. King spent his early years is a significant cultural landmark.
- Law enforcement responded to the vandalism in the Auburn Avenue Historic District on Thursday evening.
- A video footage captured a person pouring a flammable substance on the porch and windows of the house.
- The suspect underwent a psychiatric evaluation before being taken to the local jail.
Is the US economy on track for a 'soft landing'? Friday's jobs report may offer clues
Quick Glance: US Job Growth: 199K Added, Unemployment Falls
- Last month, US employers added a solid 199,000 jobs and the unemployment rate dropped.
- The unemployment rate fell from 3.9% to 3.7%, not far from a five-decade low in April.
- The unemployment rate has been below 4% for 22 months, the longest streak since the late 1960s.
- The economy and labor market are showing signs of slowing back to pre-pandemic levels as inflation decreases.
Def Leppard and Journey announce co-headlining 2024 tour: Get ready to rock.
Lack of weapons, failure, cold: nine reasons why things are now extremely dangerous for Ukraine
Quick Glance: Ukraine: Zelenskyy Cancels US Senators Briefing
- The Ukrainian President canceled a scheduled meeting with US senators.
- He was going to request continued military support due to the ongoing Russian invasion.
- The Biden administration urges Congress to approve nearly $106 billion for the war in Ukraine.
- A group of Republicans oppose further assistance, arguing that US funds should be spent at home.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!