News articles on this subject
Budanov responds to CNN reports about Ukrainian drone strikes in Sudan: In a Sept. 23 conversation with Voice of America, Ukrainian military intelligence chief ...
Reintegration Minister urges Ukrainians to leave Crimea until liberation: Reintegration Minister Iryna Vereshchuk urged Ukrainians to leave Russian-occupied ...
IAEA: Previously reported mines remain at Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant: The monitoring mission of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has observed ...
FT: US decided to provide Ukraine with ATACMS ahead of Zelensky’s visit: U.S. President Joe Biden has decided to provide Ukraine with long-range Army Tactical ...
Quick Glance: Poland Boycotts OSCE Meeting Over Russian Minister
- Poland will not participate in an OSCE ministerial meeting in North Macedonia due to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov's invitation.
- Szynkowski vel Sęk will not attend the meeting or send any deputy ministers to the North Macedonian capital.
- The foreign ministers of the Baltic states have joined the boycott of the OSCE meeting.
- Several more foreign ministers have confirmed they will not attend the OSCE meeting in protest against Russia’s participation.
Russia bans international LGBT movement as ‘extremist’ : The move, which was approved by Russia’s Supreme Court, could have far-reaching legal implications for ...
Quick Glance: Russia Bans International LGBT Movement as 'Extremist'
- Russia's Supreme Court bans the 'international LGBT public movement' as an extremist organization, despite its lack of organizational structure or leaders.
- The ban could have sweeping implications for LGBT people in Russia, despite the movement's non-existence.
- The ruling shocked liberal Russians, with independent media organizations showing solidarity with LGBT people by displaying the LGBT flag.
- The ban could force LGBT groups to operate in secret and be used against LGBT people, with unclear legal implications.
Russia's Putin praises Henry Kissinger as wise and pragmatic statesman : Henry Kissinger, a controversial Nobel Peace Prize winner and diplomatic powerhouse ...
Russians showcase T-90M tank with new defense against tiny drones: Russian military forces have unveiled a new defensive measure designed to counter small yet ...
Attacks from the darkness: Vampire drones become a nighttime nightmare for Russia
Quick Glance: Attacks from the Darkness: Ukrainian Vampir-Drones Become a Nightmare for Russia
- Ukrainian Vampir-Drones are fast, hard to detect, and can be used in the dark.
- The drones can fly close to Russian tanks in the dark and attack them.
- They can carry heavy payloads and are less susceptible to Russian radio jamming.
- Thanks to thermal imaging technology, the Vampir-Drones can attack enemies at night.
Norway announces $23 million for Ukraine's food security: Norway will donate 250 million Norwegian kroner (around $23 million) to Ukraine's food ...
Quick Glance: Ukraine Conflict: Recent Territorial Gains in Awdijiwka
- Significant territorial gains by the Russian army in Awdijiwka.
- Military expert Marcus Keupp highlights ongoing successes of Ukraine.
- Potential advantage for Ukraine.
- Ukraine's strategic position would be strengthened by the loss of personnel strength at the front.
Ukraine War | Military expert: "The front has come to an operational standstill": The Ukrainian counteroffensive has failed and the front is at a standstill ...
Ukraine War - why a stalemate is an illusion of the West: Neither Ukraine nor Russia is making progress on the front. The crucial question now is: Who can endure ...
For eastern Ukrainians, the ordeal of war is entering its second decade: Yevhen Tkachov, a volunteer aid worker and devout Pentecostal from Ukraine's eastern ...
Cold, power outages, storms: The second winter of war is plaguing the Ukrainians at the front
OSCE as an “appendage” of NATO: Lavrov incites against “Western political elite”: The OSCE is in crisis. According to Russia's foreign minister ...
Russia is poised to take advantage of political splits in Ukraine: Politics has returned, but the fighting has gone nowhere
Zelenskiy Meets With Frontline Troops In Kharkiv Region: President Volodymyr Zelenskiy met with Ukrainian troops on the front line in the Kupyansk area of the ...
Five in one fell swoop: Patriot system becomes a killer for Russian fighter jets: The Patriot system proves effective in the Ukraine war. The military still ...
Putin urges Russian women to have 'eight or even more children': Russia's population has been slashed by 550,000 during first year of Ukraine war
Quick Glance: Ukraine's Foreign Minister Boycotts OSCE Ministers' Meeting Over Russia's Attendance
- Dmytro Kuleba, Ukraine's Foreign Minister, to boycott OSCE meeting due to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov’s expected attendance.
- Ukraine greatly appreciates North Macedonia's efforts as the OSCE chair and its Foreign Minister Bujar Osmani personally.
- The presence of the Russian delegation at the ministerial meeting will only aggravate the crisis Russia has created within the OSCE.
‘A towering figure’: world leaders pay tribute to Henry Kissinger: Vladimir Putin among those offering condolences and praising former US secretary of state ...
‘This may be just the beginning’: the guards at Finland’s closed Russian border: As remote Arctic crossing points are shut, officers say they plan to stick to ...
Sergei Gerasimov: War Diary from Kharkiv, Part 4/369: Sergei Gerasimov is still in Kharkiv and continues his war diary. Even if the rocket attacks have subsided ...
Quick Glance: NATO Urges Continued Support for Ukraine
- Stoltenberg urges NATO members to continue supporting Ukraine in its battle against Russia.
- The US has provided over $40bn in security aid to Ukraine and pledged to back Kyiv for as long as necessary.
- Recent pledges from Germany and the Netherlands worth $11bn show NATO's commitment to supporting Kyiv.
- Ukraine's Foreign Minister will lobby for continued NATO backing at the summit despite concerns over the future of Western support.
Finland to close entire border with Russia for 2 weeks: Finland will shut the border crossing point of Raja-Jooseppi from Nov. 30 to Dec. 13 ...
Quick Glance: Sweden Backs Finland's Border Closure with Russia
- Sweden supports Finland's measures to protect the border with Russia and sees it as an attack by Russia on the EU.
- Hundreds of asylum seekers have arrived from Russia at border points between Russia and Finland in recent weeks.
- Some of the asylum seekers have had their claims rejected or withdrawn.
- Finland has already closed almost all border crossings with Russia and is prepared to close the last crossing if necessary.
OPEC+ cuts oil production in line with Saudi, Russian requests: Saudi Arabia, which leads the alliance of oil producers, has been instituting voluntary ...
Quick Glance: OPEC+ Agreement on Voluntary Oil Production Cuts
- Multiple OPEC+ countries have agreed to voluntarily reduce oil production by 2.2 million barrels per day in the first quarter of 2024.
- Saudi Arabia, the world's largest exporter of crude oil, will lead the efforts by extending a voluntary production cut of 1 million barrels per day for an additional three months.
- In addition to Saudi Arabia, Russia, Iraq, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Kazakhstan, Algeria, and Oman have announced voluntary production cuts.
- Brazil will also join the group next year, and it is currently unclear whether Brazil will need to commit to shared production quotas.
Russian man who traced 'No to War' in the snow gets 10 days in jail: A Russian court has ordered a man to be jailed for 10 days after he used his finger to write ...
Russia ramping up attacks in eastern Ukrainian town of Avdiivka: Russian forces were ramping up attacks in eastern Ukraine on Wednesday, Moscow and Kyiv said ...
Kadyrov's teenage son given official military role: The 16-year-old son of Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov has been given an official role in a new Russian ...
A conversation with Russian protest group Pussy Riot: There are many Russian critics of the war in Ukraine. Those inside Russia generally keep quiet ...
Air Force reports downing all 21 Russian drones: Ukrainian troops downed all 21 Shahed-136/131 drones launched by Russia overnight, the Air Force reported in the ...
12 Russian Soldiers Killed in Explosion Accident at Training Facility – Reports: At least 12 Russian soldiers were killed and eight were injured by an explosion ...
Russia losses include 300,000 men but it can't be underestimated: NATO: NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Russia is "now weaker politically ...
Russian Court Extends Detention Of RFE/RL Journalist Kurmasheva Until February 5: A court in the Russian city of Kazan has extended by two months the detention ...
In Russia’s arsenal the knife and fork have been powerful weapons : So argues a new book about the country’s gastro-diplomacy
Russia-Ukraine: Putin to Hold First Large News Conference Since War, Tass Says: Russian President Vladimir Putin will hold a large-scale talk-show event on Dec ...
Commander dies in Ukraine: Kremlin general killed by Russian landmine?: Russian Major General Zawadski dies in Ukraine. A landmine is said to have cost the life ...
Planned terrorist attack on Christmas market? Arrest warrant for 15-year-old: Arrest warrants have been issued for a 15-year-old from the Rheinisch-Bergisch ...
Ukraine war latest: Russian general, 5 high-ranking officials reportedly killed in Ukraine
Russian Presidential Hopeful Condemns ‘Extremist’ Designation of LGBT Community
Ukraine Says Russia Attacked With 25 Drones, Missiles Overnight: Ukraine said Friday that Russian forces had launched more than two dozen Iranian-designed attack ...
Jailed U.S. ex-marine Paul Whelan attacked in Russian prison by another inmate: Former U.S. marine Paul Whelan has been attacked by another inmate in a Russian ...
FT: EU reshipping over 20% of Russian LNG imports to other parts of the world: Europe is reshipping 20% of its imports of Russian liquefied natural gas (LNG) to ...
Russian industrial output growth slows as unemployment drops to record low: Russia's industrial output growth slowed in October as the unemployment rate dropped ...
VIDEO: In a show of defiance, Ukraine starts rebuilding as Russian invasion continues
Russian POWs Describe ‘Nightmare’ of Combat in Ukraine: Russian soldiers captured in the battle for Avdiivka tell of the high price their army is incurring for ...
Ransomware group 'Black Basta' has raked in more than $100 million -researchers: A cyber extortion gang suspected of being an offshoot of the notorious Russian ...
Russia Breaks Silence over Rumors of Kadyrov's Feud With Kremlin: The Russian finance ministry has ordered the heads of eight regions, including Chechnya ...
Record increase in EU military spending amid 'demanding times': Despite the funding surge, Europe's defence industry cannot meet demand from Ukraine as it ...
Ukraine war: Putin urges Russians to have 8 kids amid population crisis : Russia's birthrates have been falling for decades, and the Ukraine war has made it ...
Quick Glance: Russia's 'God of War' Putin
- Putin was initially chosen as a puppet but ended up keeping the power for himself.
- Putin is playing a game with his reelection, despite being determined to continue ruling.
- His political image as an unbeatable war god is specifically for the Russian public.
- Putin based his political image not on charisma or intellect, but on power plays.
Russia unleashes assault waves on Ukraine’s Avdiivka, refugees on Nordics: Russia is losing manpower at pace, says Ukraine, whose army has been mostly on the ...
IDF says 2 Israeli hostages held by Hamas have been transferred to Red Cross: * * *
'Let us be a lesson', say Kazakhs wary of return to nuclear testing: As Russia warns of the rising risk of nuclear war, and relations with the US sink into a ...
Germany Shutters Consulate in Kaliningrad: Germany's consulate in the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad on the Baltic Sea will close starting Thursday ...
Ukraine war: What the Russian chief negotiator says about the failed peace talks: What happened during the negotiations between Russia and Ukraine in Turkey? Now ...
Released Russian-Israeli hostages identified as Yelena Trupanov and her mother Irena Tati
Russian Town Cuts Down Local Resident's Tree for New Year Decoration: Russian authorities in the Ural Mountains region of Chelyabinsk cut down a spruce tree ...
North Korean special economic zone poised for revival in new Russia trade: Once a North Korean experiment in limited capitalism, the Rason Special Economic Zone ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!