News articles on this subject
L.A. County is launching CARE Court. Here's what to expect : Gov. Newsom's CARE Court program is launching Friday in L.A. County, where officials estimate 4 ...
5 takeaways from the DeSantis and Newsom debate: 'Neither of us will be our party's nominee in 2024'
Quick Glance: Key Points in DeSantis-Newsom Debate on Fox
- DeSantis and Newsom will participate in a 90-minute debate titled 'DeSantis vs. Newsom: The Great Red vs. Blue State Debate,' moderated by Fox News host Sean Hannity.
- Both governors have developed a growing rivalry over the past months and may use the debate to boost their political careers.
- Expect personal attacks between Newsom and DeSantis, as they have criticized each other in the past.
- The outcome of the debate could impact the perception of Florida and California, as both governors have clashed over various political issues.
Gil Ofarim confesses in court: Gil Ofarim is on trial in Leipzig for defamation. Now the singer has admitted the allegations - and apologized to the hotel ...
Quick Glance: Ofarim Admits False Accusation in Defamation Case
- Gil Ofarim drops bombshell with confession on the sixth day of the trial.
- Musician admits to lying about alleged antisemitic incident.
- Defamation and false accusation case closed after singer's confession.
- Ofarim deletes incriminating video and confesses to lying.
N.Y. appeals court reinstates Trump gag order in civil fraud case: A New York appeals court reinstated a limited gag order against Donald Trump ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Gag Order Reinstated in Civil Fraud Trial
- Former President exits court after testifying
- Previously lifted gag order back in place
- Decision pending on appeal from Trump's legal team
- Gag order prohibits comments about Judge Engoron's staff
Court condemns government to emergency climate program: The traffic light has to accept another setback in court: Because Germany has met its climate targets in ...
Why the DeSantis-Newsom clash is the best debate of the year
Trial in Hamburg: Gang rape in the city park - nine men sentenced: The verdict has been reached in the trial for the gang rape of a 15-year-old girl in Hamburg's ...
Quick Glance: Verdict in Trial for Group Rape in Hamburg's Stadtpark
- Nine men convicted, mostly with suspended juvenile sentences
- Incident caused nationwide outrage three years ago
- One defendant received a non-suspended juvenile sentence
- DNA evidence as the only objective proof
Gavin Newsom, Set to Debate Ron DeSantis, Wants Fox News Viewers to Hear Him Out: After sparring twice with Sean Hannity, Gov. Gavin Newsom of California will ...
Lithuanian Businessman Indicted for Money Laundering, Arms Dealing Exposed by OCCRP
Initial suspicion of forming a criminal organization against Last Generation: Members of the group appealed after a raid in May. The responsible regional court ...
Quick Glance: Court: Raids on Last Generation Deemed Legal
- Court confirms legality of raids on Last Generation members in Bavaria, including in Munich.
- Multiple activists' complaints against the raids have been dismissed by the Munich I District Court.
- General Prosecutor's Office is investigating numerous Last Generation members in seven states.
- Last Generation's intent to commit crimes is evident in their behavior and actions.
As DeSantis debate looms, Newsom touts record of homeless encampment clearings: California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced that the state has cleared nearly 5 ...
Malawi’s plans to send over 5000 young people to engage in agricultural work in Israel despite the criticism President Lazarus Chakwera and his administration ... Show more
Quick Glance: Africa: 70-year-old Ugandan Gives Birth to Twins
- Safina Namukwaya became pregnant with twins after IVF treatment
- The Women's Hospital International and Fertility Centre in Kampala confirmed the birth
- China donated 450 gasoline generators to alleviate South Africa's power cuts
- The generators will be officially received by South Africa's Electricity Minister Kgosientsho Ramokgopa
Albanese and Dutton are caught in a wrestle over who can be tougher following the High Court's indefinite detention ruling
Details of Scott Perry’s role in Trump efforts to stay in power unsealed: The text messages and emails were made public as part of a fight over whether the ...
Oligarch claimed no financial ties to Abramovich despite $500m loan: Both Eugene Shvidler and Roman Abramovich have been sanctioned for their links to Putin’s ...
Quick Glance: Judge orders thorough examination of Trump's assets in New York fraud trial
- Judge prohibits Trump or any other defendants from transferring assets or creating a new entity without prior disclosure.
- The appointed monitor must be informed if the defendants plan to move their assets or create a new entity not involved in the case.
- The trial focuses on an investigation of Trump's business conduct, where prosecutors allege his company inflated property values and sizes to obtain better terms for loans and insurance policies.
- Trump attended the first three days of the trial but is not present in the courtroom on Thursday.
Quick Glance: S Korean Court Orders Japan to Compensate Former 'Comfort Women'
- A South Korean appellate court has ordered Japan to compensate a group of 16 women forced to work in Japanese wartime brothels, overturning a lower court ruling and prompting a stern protest from Tokyo.
- The legacy of Japan's colonial rule of the Korean peninsula remains politically sensitive, with many surviving 'comfort women' still demanding Tokyo's formal apology and compensation.
- Bilateral relations between the two U.S. allies have been strained for years by the issues of wartime sex abuse and forced labor, but South Korea's President Yoon Suk Yeol and Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida have sought to improve ties.
- In response to the court's decision, Japanese vice minister for foreign affairs Masataka Okano summoned South Korean ambassador Yun Dukmin to lodge a 'strong protest'.
Gavin Newsom is picking up where Ronald Reagn left off on mental health reform: California Democrats are remaking the state’s mental health care system.
Hijron ka Khanqah: Offering safe space to a persecuted community for centuries: In the Mughal era, for example, court eunuchs held responsibilities such as ...
DeSantis v Newsom: the presidential match-up that isn’t: Is the governors’ debate a glimpse of an alternative reality, or of what’s to come?
Newsom taps California Highway Patrol to fight organized retail theft: The California Highway Patrol is increasing its operations to help curb organized retail ...
Newsom moves to crack down on dealers of street drug ‘tranq’: Gov. Gavin Newsom (D-Calif.) announced new measures created to take action against dealers of the ...
Climate judgment: Federal government must decide on additional measures: The federal government must make significant improvements in the area of climate ...
Five teenagers hanged suspected rapist in vigilante attack: After a suspected rapist lured her alleged perpetrator with the prospect of a one-night stand ...
Verdict in neighborhood dispute: Rooster can continue to crow: The taps are too loud - In any case, residents of a hobby breeder in Lingen (Lower Saxony) found ...
DeSantis-Newsom debate: What we know about Red vs. Blue state live event: Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom are ...
“The best we can do is threaten your husband. You married him, you will suffer…” What police said to a #Delhi homemaker beaten for years by her husband ... Show more
Why Court-Issued Protection Orders To Domestic Violence Survivors Offer No Protection Against Violence
Husband freed from paying R10,000 spousal maintenance after court uncovers wife’s hidden income
Philippine opposition leader and Duterte critic freed after almost 7 years: Leila de Lima is considered the Philippines’ most prominent political prisoner. The U ...
Quick Glance: Prominent Duterte Critic Released on Bail
- Former Senator Leila De Lima has been released on bail after nearly seven years in prison on politically motivated charges.
- De Lima was detained in 2017 on drug charges after initiating investigations against then-President Duterte.
- Prior to her arrest, De Lima had chaired the Senate Committee on Justice and Human Rights and led public inquiries into thousands of extrajudicial killings under Duterte's anti-drugs campaign.
- After witnesses recanted their testimony, the release order was granted for De Lima, and international human rights groups have advocated for her release.
Shanmugam seeks court order requiring TikTok to name users who posted 'false, baseless' claims of extramarital affair
AHTC case: Town councils ordered to pay about S$388,800 in costs, disbursements to WP leaders and others
A Belgian woman previously took legal action against the headscarf ban: www.tagesspiegel.de/internationales/beschluss-des-europaischen-gerichtshofs-behorden-durfen-mitarbeitern-das-kopftuchtragen-im-dienst-verbieten-10849933.html
Shanmugam, Balakrishnan obtain court injunctions against Lee Hsien Yang over defamatory Ridout Road post
River Valley High School death: Teen sentenced to 16 years’ jail for killing schoolmate with axe in 2021
Co-founder of Students for Trump was charged with assault after allegedly hitting a woman with a gun, court records show
California Supreme Court to consider pulling measure from 2024 ballot: The court told the measure’s sponsors and state election officials to “show cause before ...
Allegations against rapper: Another woman sues US rapper Diddy for sexual abuse: Rap mogul Sean Combs, alias Diddy, has just been able to avert serious ...
California vs. Florida: Why are people moving from one state to the other?: Cross-country moves between progressive California and conservative Florida have ...
Otter in Bavaria: Court stops shooting of otters at the last moment: From December onwards, hunters in Bavaria would have been allowed to directly shoot otters ...
Düsseldorf: Dying people photographed - Driver testifies in court: The death of a motorcyclist made national headlines in July last year. Now the driver ...
Quick Glance: Fatal Accident in Düsseldorf: Defendant on Trial
- Trial begins at Düsseldorf District Court: Driver held accountable for motorcyclist's death.
- Possible culprit now facing trial over a year after fatal accident in Düsseldorf.
- Driver explains her behavior in court following fatal accident with motorcyclist that made national headlines in July 2022.
Labor law: laziness in the home office must be proven: Does my employee really work at home? or is she shirking? Many employers ask themselves that ...
DeSantis v Newsom debate: governors clash on housing, taxes, immigration and more – as it happened
Russian Court Extends Detention of Evan Gershkovich: The decision means that the journalist, Evan Gershkovich, who has denied the espionage charge against him ...
Quick Glance: Russian Court Extends Detention of US Journalist
- A Russian court extended the detention of American journalist Evan Gershkovich until the end of January.
- The charges against the American journalist have been denied by him and his employer.
- The court's decision to extend the detention was made behind closed doors due to classified details of the case.
- Moscow has accused Gershkovich of being caught collecting military secrets and acting on behalf of the US.
Malema and 5 MPs walk out of disciplinary hearing: The red berets described the disciplinary hearing as a kangaroo court after their request for postponement and ...
Biden quips Newsom could ‘have the job I’m looking for’: President Biden late Wednesday quipped that California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) could have any job he wants ...
Gil Ofarim: This is the investigator who exposed his lie: Musician Gil Ofarim was convicted of his lie in court. The work of forensic scientist Dirk Labudde ...
60 billion euros at stake: Constitutional Court overturns the traffic light's climate plans
Quick Glance: Climate and Transformation Fund: The 60 Billion Euro Judgment
- The Federal Constitutional Court will rule on the legality of transferring 60 billion euros to the fund by the Ampel government.
- The Union faction in the Bundestag has filed a lawsuit against the transfer of 60 billion euros to the KTF.
- The consequences for the federal government's financial planning would have been too serious if the 60 billion euros had been withdrawn in the short term.
- In the coming year, 29.2 billion euros in loans are expected to be taken out.
Archdiocese of Munich and Freising: altar may have to be re-blessed after sex in the church
The Biden-Xi summit was a total embarrassment : Joe Biden says he’s a fan of “trust but verify” when it comes to Xi. At least he’s got that one right.
Quick Glance: The Power and Limits of Xi Jinping
- Xi may have more power than any Chinese leader since Mao Zedong, but he can't fully implement his policy preferences.
- It's recognized that Xi Jinping is the most powerful leader in China since Mao Zedong.
- Xi is the most powerful Chinese leader since Mao and not constrained by the party norms and institutions of the post-Mao era.
- Xi recognized the bureaucracy problems and addressed these through the anti-corruption campaign, but still relies on the bureaucracy for policy implementation.
EU court says public employees may be barred from wearing head scarf: The top European Union court ruled on Tuesday that public authorities in member states can ...
Capitol rioter who berated judge sentenced to 3 months in jail: A New York massage therapist who joined the mob of Trump supporters attacking the U.S ...
I-10: LA freeway is fully reopened for Monday morning's rush hour: Los Angeles drivers returned to a much more normal commute Monday when an elevated stretch of ...
Russia wants to ban “LGBTQ movement”: It is another blow to the rights of lesbians, gays and trans people in Russia: The Ministry of Justice wants to ask the ...
Bank accidentally transfers 10.5 million - Woman can keep most of it: The bank Crypto.com accidentally transferred $10.5 million too much to a woman ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!