News articles on this subject
Ex-RNC Chair Calls for Donald Trump to Be Thrown in Jail: Michael Steele said that "the system is getting pulverized from within by Trump and is being pressed to ...
Trump gag order is partially upheld in Jan. 6 case: A federal appeals court panel has preserved most of a gag order on former President Donald Trump in his ...
Quick Glance: Court Preserves Trump Speech Restrictions
- A federal appeals court has preserved most of a speech restriction on former President Donald Trump in his election interference case.
- The court ruling would allow Trump to make public statements about the special counsel in the case, but not about other prosecutors, court staffers, or their family members if those remarks aim to interfere with their work.
- The appeals court ruling preserves the restrictions on Trump and other parties in the case from disparaging likely witnesses in the election interference case because of their expected testimony.
- The court stated that Trump does not enjoy unfettered rights to free speech like other criminal defendants.
Appeals court largely upholds Trump’s federal gag order: A three-judge panel of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Trump’s complaints about free speech ...
Trump gag order reinstated in New York civil fraud trial: A New York appeals court has reinstated a gag order that barred Donald Trump from commenting about ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Gag Order Reinstated in Civil Fraud Trial
- Former President exits court after testifying
- Previously lifted gag order back in place
- Decision pending on appeal from Trump's legal team
- Gag order prohibits comments about Judge Engoron's staff
Trump loses chance to challenge N.Y. gag order before trial ends : A New York appellate court declined to quickly consider a request by lawyers for Donald Trump ...
A US appeals court ruled that Donald Trump must face civil lawsuits over his role in the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol by his supporters ... Show more
Quick Glance: Court Allows Lawsuits Against Trump for Inciting Jan. 6 Violence
- Trump’s sweeping claims of presidential immunity rejected by the circuit court.
- Expected rejection of the same claim by judge in Capitol riot criminal trial.
Trump lawyer says he will take stand in fraud trial regardless of gag order: Former President Trump’s attorney Alina Habba claimed Friday that her client would ...
New York judge lifts gag order in Trump civil fraud trial: A New York appeals court judge has paused a gag order that barred Donald Trump from commenting on ...
Quick Glance: Trump Condemns Judge and Clerk in Fraud Case
- The former president filed a lawsuit against the judge in the civil case, after being barred from speaking about the judicial staff.
- Trump's attorneys argued that the gag order was unconstitutional.
- This means that Mr. Trump and his attorneys can once again publicly comment about the court officials, at least for the time being.
- The former president wasted no time in reopening attacks on Judge Engoron, describing his actions as 'radical and unprecedented'.
Marjorie Taylor Greene's Request to go on Jimmy Kimmel Brutally Declined: MTG publicly asked for an appearance on the talk show to promote her new book.
Quick Glance: Judge orders thorough examination of Trump's assets in New York fraud trial
- Judge prohibits Trump or any other defendants from transferring assets or creating a new entity without prior disclosure.
- The appointed monitor must be informed if the defendants plan to move their assets or create a new entity not involved in the case.
- The trial focuses on an investigation of Trump's business conduct, where prosecutors allege his company inflated property values and sizes to obtain better terms for loans and insurance policies.
- Trump attended the first three days of the trial but is not present in the courtroom on Thursday.
Trump will be jailed due to his ‘narcissism,’ ex-White House lawyer says: Former White House lawyer Ty Cobb said he thinks former President Trump’s “narcissism” ...
Appeals court suggests it may pare back Trump’s D.C. gag order: A three-judge panel struggled over how to protect Donald Trump’s “core political speech” but also ...
Trump may be sued over Jan. 6 incitement claims, appeals court panel rules: The three-judge panel turned aside Trump’s sweeping argument that nearly all speech ...
Former WH aide worried about witnesses’ safety if Trump gag order lifted: Cassidy Hutchinson, former aide to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows ...
Selena Gomez confirms relationship with Benny Blanco, Def Leppard to tour with Journey and more trending news
Jack Smith urges reinstatement of Trump gag order in 2020 election case: Smith's office said that Trump "has taken advantage of administrative stays."
Donald Trump's Luck May 'Run Out' and He Could Be Jailed: Legal Analyst: Glenn Kirschner said the judges in Trump's cases have to pay attention to the ongoing ...
Trump’s gag order appeal previews America’s grave election year stress test: Donald Trump may have found his “heads-I-win, tails-you-lose” legal challenge.
Judge in Bank Fraud Trial Rejects Trump’s ‘Nonsensical’ Request: A New York judge won’t make Donald Trump’s bank fraud trial suddenly go away just because the ...
Donald Trump 'Closer and Closer' to Losing Freedom: Ex-GOP Congressman: Trump has repeatedly attacked the judge and court staff involved in his New York civil ...
Quick Glance: Ex-GOP Congressman's Warning on Trump's Freedom at Risk
- Attacks on Judge and court staff in New York civil fraud trial.
- New York Attorney General's lawsuit against Trump and his family.
- Judge Arthur Engoron's ruling on fraud in Trump's case.
Trump’s Lawyers Want a Mistrial in His New York Civil Fraud Case: Lawyers for Donald Trump asked for a mistrial Wednesday in the New York civil fraud case that ...
Trump’s New York Trial Promises to Get Even Worse: Donald Trump’s bank fraud trial is half-over. But the epic showdown is now merely a prelude to an inevitable ...
Trump Isn’t Merely Unhinged: Many of his recent statements illustrate a profoundly un-American set of ideas.
DOJ Points to New York for Examples of Trump’s Alarming Hate: Federal prosecutors are scrambling to keep a gag order on Donald Trump. Appellate judges demanded ...
'They will pay': Trump shares social media threat as his lawyer argues gag order is unfair
Judge Chutkan rejects Trump’s presidential immunity in Washington election case: The office of president “does not confer a lifelong ‘get-out-of-jail-free’ pass” ...
Quick Glance: Judge Rejects Trump's Immunity Claim
- Former US President Donald Trump attends civil fraud trial at New York State Supreme Court.
- Judge Tanya Chutkan rules that Trump has no immunity from criminal charges.
- Chutkan's ruling is the first in the US affirming that presidents can be charged with crimes like any other citizen.
- Trump's lawyers claimed he is 'absolutely immune' from charges, which was rejected by Judge Chutkan.
Judge Engoron, Staff, Subjected to Threats Following Trump Attacks: Judge Arthur Engoron and his staff received a barrage of death threats and antisemitic ...
Trump Keeps Claiming He Won Fraud Case Before Trial—Here’s Why That’s Wrong: Trump falsely claims he “won at the appellate division,” but that court did not ...
Donald Trump can be sued over Capitol riot, appeal court rules: Former president’s immunity did not apply at January 6 rally, judges say
Trump embraces the Jan. 6 rioters on the trail. In court, his lawyers hope to distance him from them
Donald Trump's Team Suffers 'Clueless' Moment in Court: A move to appeal the Republican's reinstated gag order has failed, prompting 'Clueless' comparisons.
Donald Trump Faces 'Inevitable Defeat' in New York Trial, Lawyer Predicts: "I would call this basically a long slow defeat for Trump," legal analyst Renato ...
What to know about Donald Trump’s gag orders in D.C. and New York: The former president faces limited gag orders in his federal election-obstruction case in D.C ...
Donald Trump 'Has to Be Controlled,' Attorney Says: Hateful messages sent to New York court staff show why a gag order should be reimposed on Donald Trump ...
Trump must face Jan. 6 lawsuits, appeals court rules: A U.S. appeals court on Friday ruled that Donald Trump must face civil lawsuits over his role in the Jan. 6 ...
Trump Can Be Sued For Inciting Jan. 6, Appeals Court Rules: The ruling, striking down Trump’s claims he has “presidential immunity,” could help the criminal ...
10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2023: Israel and Hamas extend their cease-fire, Trump urges appeals court to keep blocking gag order, and more
Biden signs temporary spending bill; Sean Combs accused of rape; Latin Grammy winners; and more morning headlines
Quick Glance: Cassie Accuses Sean Combs of Rape and Years of Abuse in Lawsuit
- Cassie claims Combs subjected her to a pattern of control and abuse over about a decade.
- Combs was accused of rape and repeated physical abuse by Cassie in a lawsuit.
- According to the suit, Combs repeatedly attempted to silence Cassie and prevent the filing of the lawsuit.
- The lawsuit alleges that Combs supplied her with drugs, beat her, and forced her to have sex with a succession of male prostitutes.
Trump disputes need for gag order in NY civil fraud trial: Defense attorney Chris Kise said Monday that his team plans to call Trump to testify on Dec. 11.
Trump complains of sister’s ‘merciless’ treatment by US media: Ex-president says ‘truly beautiful’ Maryanne Trump Barry, who died on Monday at 86 ...
Quick Glance: Maryanne Trump Barry, Older Sister of Donald Trump, Passes at 86
- Ms. Barry, a former federal judge, was her brother's protector and critic throughout their lives.
- Maryanne Trump Barry, an older sister of former President Donald J. Trump, passed away at the age of 86.
- She passed away at her home on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
- Ms. Barry, the widow of John Barry, had been a federal judge in New Jersey, a position she attained during President Ronald Reagan's tenure.
Office of judge presiding over Trump’s New York trial bombarded with threats: Judge Arthur Engoron and his clerk have also received antisemitic abuse since a gag ...
Donald Trump’s Latest Legal Filing ‘Tired and Laughable’-Attorney: Joyce Vance slammed the Trump legal team's arguments for why he doesn't need a gag ...
Judge Lifts Gag Order Against Trump In N.Y. Fraud Trial—Citing Free Speech Concerns
Donald Trump's Legal Strategy Might Be Paying Off: An appeal court judge said that the former president should not have to play "Miss Manners" on the campaign ...
Donald Trump's Lawyer Made One Big Courtroom Mistake: Former federal prosecutor Joyce Vance criticized Trump's lawyer's behaviour during a gag order appeal.
The Slatest for Nov. 21: Trump’s Lawyers Argued He Might Be Able to Reveal the Names and Addresses of Jurors
Louisiana Fraud Case Could Silence Donald Trump: Appeal court says a gag order imposed on an indicted elected official in 2000 is relevant to the former ...
Judges signal narrowing wording in 2021 gag order to offer much-needed relief to Trump
Donald Trump's Colorado Ruling 'Worst Decision' He Could Get: Attorney: "As an appeals lawyer, it would be this is the very worst decision Donald Trump could get ...
Appeals court weighs narrowing Trump gag order in 2020 election subversion case: Attorneys for former president urge appeals court to revoke gag order though ...
Donald Trump's Lawyer Repeatedly Hammered by Judges in Court Exchange: Appeal Court judges demand to know why Trump is commenting on potential trial witnesses in ...
Trump legal team and prosecutors face off in court over gag order in election interference case – live
Trump Shares Creepy ‘Fantasy’ About Citizen’s Arrest of Judge Engoron, AG Letitia James
Iowa Attorney General Brenna Bird leads multistate brief opposing Trump gag order
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!