News articles on this subject
Images from Gaza show dozens of men stripped to their underwear detained by Israeli soldiers
Quick Glance: Video Shows Stripped Palestinian Men Detained in Gaza
- Verified footage shows men stripped to underwear, kneeling and guarded by Israeli soldiers.
- Well-known Palestinian journalist among detainees; employers accuse Israel of humiliating civilians.
- Israeli government confirms detention of military-aged men in evacuated areas.
- Men on road in underwear, shoes removed; under Israeli soldier guard.
Joe Biden ‘not sure’ he would seek re-election if Trump were not running: Comments at fundraising event show US president wrestled with decision to seek second ...
Quick Glance: Former Ukrainian Lawmaker Killed Near Moscow
- Ilya Kiva, accused of treason, was assassinated near Moscow by Ukrainian special forces.
- Kiva, a supporter of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, fled to Russia after facing treason charges.
- Two Ukrainian officials confirmed that the SBU carried out the operation to kill Kiva.
- His death is the latest in a series of assassinations of Ukrainian defectors and Russians involved in Moscow’s invasion.
US Jobs Numbers Should Deter More Fed Rate Hikes, Biden Says: President Joe Biden said the Federal Reserve should be discouraged from raising interest rates ...
US vetoes UN resolution demanding cease-fire in Gaza: The United States has vetoed a United Nations resolution backed by the vast majority of Security Council ...
Quick Glance: UN Chief Urges Cease-Fire in Israel-Hamas War: Live Updates
- UN Security Council considers draft resolution for cease-fire in Gaza after Secretary-General's urging
- Secretary-General exercises rare authority to demand humanitarian cease-fire
- Israel reveals luxury spending by Hamas leader's son to illustrate gap with Gaza residents
- Israeli forces increase pressure on Hamas, highlighting rocket fire from humanitarian zone
George Conway Trolls Donald Trump After Hunter Biden Indictment: President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, was indicted on Thursday for tax evasion and filing a ...
Quick Glance: Hunter Biden Indicted on 9 Tax Offenses
- Court documents reveal: Hunter Biden indicted on nine tax offenses, including three felony counts.
- Charges include allegations of failure to pay taxes, failure to file tax returns, evasion of assessments, and submission of fraudulent forms.
- Indictment claims defendant spent millions on an extravagant lifestyle instead of paying taxes. Charges brought by special counsel David Weiss.
- White House declined to comment, referred NBC News to Hunter Biden's attorneys and the Justice Department.
President Joe Biden said he wasn’t sure if he’d be running for reelection if Donald Trump wasn’t also in the race, warning democracy is “more at risk in 2024” ... Show more
Quick Glance: Biden Contemplates 2024 Run, Cites Trump as Motivation
- Biden mentioned that he might not run again if not for the unique threat posed by Donald Trump to the United States.
- Biden stated that he would not drop out of the race if Trump stopped seeking his own second term.
- During his 2020 presidential campaign, Biden often cited Trump's handling of issues as part of his decision to run.
- Biden faces limited competition for his party's nomination and is positioning Trump as a danger to democracy itself.
UN Security Council: USA blocks resolution for ceasefire in Gaza Strip: The humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip is dramatic. That's why the UN Secretary ...
Biden used to keep quiet about Trump. Now Biden's invoking his name to raise alarms
Quick Glance: Trump's Fascist Rhetoric Against Biden
- Trump compares President Biden to a fascist tyrant and distributes signs reading 'BIDEN ATTACKS DEMOCRACY'.
- He uses fascist rhetoric in his speeches in Iowa to rally his supporters and portray opponents as enemies.
- Since leaving the White House, Trump has stated he would have an expansive view of executive branch authority in a second term.
- The speech marked a striking rhetorical escalation of themes that Trump has consistently hammered as he racked up 91 criminal charges in four separate cases this year.
Juergen Habermas Contradicts His Own Ideas When It Comes to Gaza: One of the world’s most influential philosophers has weighed in on the war in Gaza ...
Biden forgives another $5 billion in student loans: That's $132 billion in student loan relief for over 3.6 million Americans.
Quick Glance: Government Erases 3.6 Million Student Loans
- New efforts announced by the U.S. Department of Education to aid borrowers affected by repayment program issues.
- Over 900,000 borrowers have had approximately $44 billion in federal student loan debts approved for erasure due to changes in income-driven repayment plans.
- Nearly 750,000 borrowers have now received up to $53.5 billion in relief through modifications to the previously troubled Public Service Loan Forgiveness plan.
- The Biden administration has approved the cancellation of almost $132 billion in federal student loan debts for more than 3.6 million Americans.
Trump declines to rule out abusing power or seeking retribution: Former President Donald Trump is declining to rule out abusing power if he again wins the ...
Quick Glance: Trump Doesn't Rule Out Power Abuse
- Trump declines to rule out abusing power upon return to the White House
- Biden warns that Trump is determined to destroy American democracy
- Trump refuses to promise he would never abuse power to seek retribution
- Hannity solely questions Trump in an interview differing from the typical town hall format with audience questions
Hunter Biden's lawyer says again that president's son will only testify publicly: The development comes as House Republicans inch closer to a vote to officially ...
Quick Glance: Comer, Jordan Threaten Hunter Biden with Contempt of Congress
- Comer and Jordan threaten contempt of Congress as Biden's counsel rejects public hearing.
- Committees will initiate contempt of Congress proceedings if Biden doesn't appear on Dec. 13.
- The letter represents an escalation of the conflict between House GOP and Biden.
- Republicans seek Biden's testimony as part of an impeachment inquiry into the president.
Son of Israeli war cabinet minister killed in Gaza, IDF says: Gal Meir Eisenkot, son of Israeli government minister Gadi Eisenkot, has been killed while in ...
House Republicans unveil resolution to authorize Biden impeachment inquiry: Multiple House Republicans said the chamber is expected to vote to authorize the ...
Quick Glance: US House Republicans Move Toward Biden Impeachment Inquiry
- Republican House members take step to authorize an impeachment inquiry against President Joe Biden.
- Allegations involve business irregularities by Biden and his family during his time as vice president.
- Republican Representative Kelly Armstrong introduces a resolution that would allow a vote on authorizing the inquiry.
- The Senate is unlikely to convict the president if the House passes articles of impeachment.
Biden job approval hits new low, Trump takes lead in hypothetical 2024 matchup: WSJ poll
Trump tops Biden head-to-head by 4 points in new poll: Only 37 percent approved of Biden’s job performance while 61 percent expressed unfavorable views of the ...
Tommy Tuberville announces end to blanket military holds: “We fought hard,” he said after telling his Republican colleagues he was lifting his holds.
Quick Glance: Tuberville Relinquishes Military Confirmation Hold
- Released hold after pressure from Republican colleagues
- Stalled military promotions in protest of Pentagon policy
- Originally set conditions for lifting the hold
- Decision welcomed by White House and Democratic Senate leader
Biden pledges $8.2B for first U.S. high-speed rail system, new rail corridors - UPI.com
Quick Glance: Investment Boost for High-Speed Rail Network
- Three billion US dollars for Brightline West, a proposed high-speed rail line from Las Vegas to Southern California, were announced this week by the White House.
- Two high-speed rail projects in Nevada and California are receiving significant financial support from Washington.
- The Biden administration has pledged over 6 billion US dollars in federal funding for high-speed rail to close the gap between the US and other developed nations in fast and reliable passenger services.
- The allocated funds will be used for the construction of a 171-mile segment between Merced and Bakersfield in California's Central Valley.
Kibbutz Be’eri announces death of 25-year-old Sahar Baruch, held hostage in Gaza: * * *
At Rosalynn Carter's memorial service Tuesday, her grandson Jason thanked the "remarkable sisterhood" — a rare gathering of all five current or ... Show more
Quick Glance: Rosalynn Carter's Funeral in Hometown
- Funeral held at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Georgia
- Pastor Tony Lowden highlights her global humanitarian work
- Jimmy Carter leaves hospice to attend the memorial service
- Family and friends share affectionate stories and anecdotes
Climate Crossfire: From Gaza to Ukraine, How War & Military Spending Accelerate Climate Chaos
Quick Glance: COP28: Potential Agreement on Phasing Out Fossil Fuels
- The UAE is cautiously optimistic about COP28 committing to phase down fossil fuels in the coming decades.
- Hosting a climate conference in a petrostate could lead to real progress on climate despite the irony.
- A pledge now will not mean the world will completely stop using fossil fuels.
- It is very unlikely to get any commitment on an expiry date, as it would be too controversial.
War in the Middle East: Israel may consider flooding the Hamas tunnel system in the Gaza Strip
Quick Glance: Report: Israel Ready to Flood Gaza Tunnels
- Israel has prepared pumps to flood the Gaza tunnel system.
- Pumps capable of pumping seawater into the underground Hamas passages.
- Israeli soldiers show underground tunnel found beneath Shifa Hospital in Gaza City.
- Israel claims Hamas fighters use the tunnels for military purposes.
Biden says he was not improperly involved in son’s, brother’s business dealings: President Joe Biden fired back against claims from House Republicans that he was ...
Brenda Lee's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" gets Billboard No. 1: Lee's latest No. 1 is record-setting.
Kamala Harris breaks record for most tiebreaking Senate votes by VP: Harris broke a nearly 200-year-old record.
Quick Glance: Kamala Harris Sets VP Record for Most Senate Decisions
- Kamala Harris has shattered the record for most Senate decisions with 32 votes in just two and a half years.
- Harris plays a crucial role in a closely split Senate.
- The vice president serves as president of the Senate and has the right to cast deciding votes.
- Harris has also cast deciding votes for two major priorities of the Biden administration.
Hunter Biden says Republicans are trying to ‘kill me’ to destroy father’s presidency
Cities must replace harmful lead pipes within 10 years under new Biden administration plan
Quick Glance: Biden's Plan: Cities to Replace Lead Pipes in 10 Years
- Most U.S. cities must replace lead pipes within 10 years under new strict rules to reduce lead in drinking water and prevent health crises.
- Millions drink from lead pipes and tighter standards would improve children's IQ scores and reduce high blood pressure and heart disease in adults.
- The strongest overhaul of lead rules in over three decades will cost billions of dollars.
- The Biden administration aims to remove all roughly 9 million lead pipes in the nation, rapidly.
Israeli troops move south into Gaza's 2nd largest city amid pleas to protect civilians
Quick Glance: Israel-Gaza: Security Zone around Gaza Strip
- Israel plans security zone to prevent Hamas threats.
- Cease-fire ends, Israel resumes bombardment of Gaza.
- Hamas frees over 100 hostages, Israel releases over 200 Palestinians.
- Ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas approaches two months.
Biden says he's 'not the only one who can defeat' Trump : President Joe Biden said Wednesday that he didn't think he was the only Democrat who could prevail over ...
Ukraine war - Situation in the morning: US dispute continues to block Ukraine aid
Quick Glance: Ukraine: Zelenskyy Cancels US Senators Briefing
- The Ukrainian President canceled a scheduled meeting with US senators.
- He was going to request continued military support due to the ongoing Russian invasion.
- The Biden administration urges Congress to approve nearly $106 billion for the war in Ukraine.
- A group of Republicans oppose further assistance, arguing that US funds should be spent at home.
Preliminary vote in the US Senate: Republicans block new aid for Ukraine and Israel
Israel strikes Gaza after failed UN ceasefire bid: GAZA STRIP: Israel pressed its offensive against Hamas militants in Gaza on Saturday (Dec 9) after the United ...
UN resolution failed: US vetoes ceasefire in Gaza: The US had demanded changes to the draft, including a condemnation of Hamas attacks. Meanwhile ...
At tribal summit, Biden says he's working to 'heal the wrongs of the past' and 'move forward'
Quick Glance: Biden to Sign Order for Simplifying Federal Funding for Native Americans
- President Joe Biden will sign an order during a tribal nations summit to make it easier for Native Americans to access federal funding and have more autonomy in its use.
- The order creates a central hub for Native American tribes to find and request federal funding, and urges federal agencies to ensure the funds are accessible and fair.
- The administration also plans to announce over 190 agreements allowing tribes to manage federal lands, waters, and resources, and a new study to better interpret and portray Native American history.
- New rules simplify requirements for museums and federal agencies to identify items for repatriation.
What will happen to Gaza after the war ends?: Palestinians in Gaza say life has become a cruel choice between death and displacement. Who will govern or rebuild ...
Private railway Brightline: First US high-speed train to connect Los Angeles with Las Vegas
White House interns demand Middle East cease-fire in letter to Biden: A group of White House interns called for a permanent cease-fire between Israel and Hamas ...
Quick Glance: White House Interns Urge Biden for Gaza Cease-Fire
- A group of over 40 anonymous White House interns called on President Biden to support a permanent cease-fire in Gaza.
- The interns are urging the administration to demand a permanent cease-fire, referencing the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas.
- The signees of the letter served in various offices, including the Office of the Vice President and the Office of the United States Trade Representative.
- The interns claim that support for a humanitarian pause is inadequate and call for a complete halt to the mass slaughter of innocent civilians in the Gaza Strip.
Israel-Hamas war: The US vetoing the Gaza ceasefire is a defining moment for the UN
Footage shows numerous Gaza terror suspects who apparently surrendered to IDF troops
Quick Glance: Gaza Surrender: IDF Captures Suspected Terrorists
- Multiple clips and photos show dozens of Palestinians being captured by the Israel Defense Forces in Gaza after apparently surrendering to troops.
- The men, suspected of involvement with Hamas and other terror groups, were seen stripped down, blindfolded, and with their hands tied behind their backs by Israeli troops in the northern Gaza Strip.
- The IDF also released footage showing the Border Defense Corps’ 636th Combat Intelligence Collection unit identifying a group of Hamas operatives armed with RPGs approaching troops in the northern Gaza Strip.
- The United Nations estimates that more than 80 percent of Gazans have been displaced due to the ongoing war, which was triggered when Hamas terrorists stormed the border, killing around 1,200 people in Israel and taking 240 hostage.
Why there is no uprising against Hamas in the Gaza Strip: Only a small proportion of Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip condemn the terrorist massacre ...
Lucas: Biden’s ‘help’ leaves a lot to be desired: Without federal assistance and a curb on illegal immigration Massachusetts will soon face higher taxes and a ...
Israel-Gaza live updates: Doctor describes conditions of Hamas hostages: Live updates on the Israel-Hamas war.
Biden sees uptick in support from Democrats on handling of Israel-Hamas conflict: Poll
Biden’s job approval erodes further amid economic concerns: poll: President Biden’s job approval rating ticked down again in the latest CNN poll ...
Israel and Palestine: How peace is possible: A peace process can go wrong in many ways, but a real possibility exists that it could go right
Wave of short selling: Israel investigates suspicious stock trading before Hamas attack
Quick Glance: Short Selling: Suspicious Stock Trading Before Hamas Attack
- Traders bet against Israeli companies before Hamas attack.
- Israel investigates report of possible insider information on the attack.
- Stock index includes major Israeli companies on the exchange.
- Dramatic increase in short selling of Israeli securities on the Tel Aviv stock exchange.
Battenfeld: Biden starts crucial part of re-election campaign bogged down by corruption charges
Seven delusions plaguing the mind of the Trump base voter: My safe 2024 prediction: The losing party will believe it is “the end of America.”
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!