News articles on this subject
George Santos refuses to resign ahead of House expulsion vote: In his closing arguments for remaining a member of the House, a defiant Rep ...
Quick Glance: Congressman Accused of Fraud
- Image caption: George Santos has refused to resign despite a host of fraud and other allegations against him
- It is alleged that Mr Santos misused campaign funds and employed 'repeated dishonesty and deception' to gain a seat in Congress
- A spokesperson for his congressional office declined to comment on personal allegations
- Tiffany Bogosian, a lawyer who attended middle school with Mr Santos in Sunnyside, Queens, stated that he tried to please everyone from a young age
Trump stresses he wants to replace ObamaCare, not ‘terminate’ it: Former President Trump emphasized late Tuesday night that he wants to “replace” the Affordable ...
Liz Cheney Gets Last Laugh Over Marjorie Taylor Greene: Ahead of its December 5 release, Amazon lists Cheney's new book, "Oath and Honor ...
Arizona Republicans indicted for delaying midterm election certification - UPI.com
Quick Glance: Charges Filed Against Arizona Officials for Election Interference
- Indictment accuses two Cochise County supervisors of meddling with the state vote count.
- Election conspiracy theories rampant in the county.
- Peggy Judd and Tom Crosby pushed for a manual vote recount in heavily Republican Cochise County, Arizona.
- Two Arizona Republican county supervisors indicted for felony charges related to delaying the 2022 election results certification.
GOP eyes vote on Biden impeachment inquiry to shore up authority: House Republicans are weighing whether to shore up their impeachment inquiry by taking a formal ...
Biden to highlight Trump’s renewed effort to shelve Affordable Care Act : “My predecessor, once again … called for cuts that could rip away health insurance for ...
Sen. Tommy Tuberville Signals He May Back Down on Military Noms in the ‘Very Near Future’
Trump’s ‘intolerance towards everyone’ encourages hate, Chris Christie says: Republican challenger says rival’s language and conduct a contributing factor to ...
Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
Republican officials consider shaking up presidential debate system: The Republican National Committee is considering a proposal to allow candidates to debate ...
Donations to GOP drop as worries mount about the party’s finances: Donors have not cut as many large checks to the RNC in recent years, and the party’s ...
Donald Trump Rages at Nikki Haley's Success: Trump lashed out at Haley after she secured a key endorsement, referring to the former South Carolina governor as ...
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
GOP braces for internal battle royal over government spending: Lawmakers in both parties are predicting a GOP battle royal over federal spending at the start of ...
A Left Turn for Democrats in New Hampshire?: Democrats have been gaining ground in New Hampshire for the better part of a decade. Demographics have a lot to do ...
With Trump moving closer to renomination, rewriting Jan. 6 attack gains urgency: The causes of the Capitol riot are clear. So is the motivation of those who are ...
Senate Democrats authorize subpoenas in Supreme Court ethics probe as Republicans stage walkout
Quick Glance: Democrats Vote to Subpoena Supreme Court Conservative Allies
- Senate Democrats vote to subpoena conservative allies of Supreme Court justices to learn about undisclosed gifts.
- Republicans push back against demanding information from Harlan Crow and Leonard Leo.
- Democrats argue for more information from Crow and Leo, stating that the court's code of conduct is insufficient.
- Republicans resist, claiming the effort aims to delegitimize the conservative court majority.
More Members of Congress Are Retiring, Many Citing Dysfunction: More than three dozen incumbents have announced they will not seek re-election next year ...
The RNC’s rules for the 2024 convention don’t address what would happen if Donald Trump is convicted
Ex-Bush Strategist Predicts Exactly When Donald Trump Will Be Convicted: Matthew Dowd argued why “it’s going to be so weird.”
Poll finds most Florida voters back adding abortion rights, marijuana legalization to state Constitution
2 Republicans In Arizona Indicted After Trying To Delay Election Results: “The repeated attempts to undermine our democracy are unacceptable,” the state’s ...
Fight for candidacy among US Republicans: This billionaire wants to prevent Donald Trump
Colorado’s self-defeating GOP strikes again | Jimmy Sengenberger: When Colorado voters emphatically rejected Proposition HH by 20 percentage points ...
Congress got its Christmas break — and will suffer for it in January: For the first time in ages, Congress isn't facing a Christmastime shutdown threat ...
GOP Is Waging War on Student Voters. It Could Backfire Big Time: Republican efforts to restrict student voting are being met with increased voter turnout and ...
Fox News Host's Bleak View of House Republicans: 'Disaster': The Republicans hope to maintain control of the House and flip the Senate in the 2024 elections.
WA governor’s race could get interesting on the GOP side; here’s why: Former U.S. Rep. Dave Reichert is the frontrunner to be the GOP's gubernatorial candidate ...
The GOP’s best hope is Nikki Haley, not Trump | Letters to the editor: A reader crunches poll numbers and concludes that Nikki Haley would be the GOP's best ...
Sgt. Aquilino Gonell Tells The New Abnormal Republicans Must Protect America From Another Trump Presidency
George Santos predicts he’ll be expelled from Congress in upcoming vote: “I know I’m going to get expelled when this expulsion resolution goes to the floor ...
Quick Glance: Rep. Santos Expects Congress Expulsion
- Rep. George Santos anticipates expulsion from Congress following a House Ethics Committee report.
- Santos defiantly stated he won't resign, but acknowledged his time as a member may soon end.
- House Ethics Committee Chair Michael Guest introduced a resolution to expel Santos after Thanksgiving break.
- Many colleagues who previously opposed expulsion now support it, citing the committee's investigation into alleged misconduct by Santos.
Former George W. Bush Aide Points Out 'Most Troubling Aspect' Of Trump Rhetoric: Peter Wehner ripped the former president as a "profoundly damaged human being."
Why the House GOP is having a hard time passing its remaining funding bills : House conservatives are ramping up calls for the party to pass the remaining ...
Georgia GOP Floats New Map With Black-Majority Voting Districts: But the proposal left unchanged two of the 10 districts that were previously deemed illegal.
Commentary: Democrats should temper their enthusiasm: In this election, Republicans overperformed
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!