News articles on this subject
Hunter Biden attorney cries foul over client’s new charges: ‘Where’s the fairness?’
Quick Glance: Hunter Biden Indicted on 9 Tax Offenses
- Court documents reveal: Hunter Biden indicted on nine tax offenses, including three felony counts.
- Charges include allegations of failure to pay taxes, failure to file tax returns, evasion of assessments, and submission of fraudulent forms.
- Indictment claims defendant spent millions on an extravagant lifestyle instead of paying taxes. Charges brought by special counsel David Weiss.
- White House declined to comment, referred NBC News to Hunter Biden's attorneys and the Justice Department.
New York Democrat claims Comer’s investigation into Bidens is ‘house of cards’: Rep. Dan Goldman (D-N.Y.) slammed House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer ...
Biden job approval hits new low, Trump takes lead in hypothetical 2024 matchup: WSJ poll
At the SPD party conference, Olaf Scholz calls for perseverance on aid to Ukraine
Quick Glance: Scholz: No Reduction of the Welfare State
- Chancellor Scholz emphasizes the unity of the SPD at the federal party conference.
- He assures that the budget crisis will not lead to a reduction of the welfare state.
- Scholz speaks before 600 delegates on the second day of the conference in Berlin.
- He counters the growing right-wing populism with confidence.
US Jobs Numbers Should Deter More Fed Rate Hikes, Biden Says: President Joe Biden said the Federal Reserve should be discouraged from raising interest rates ...
Quick Glance: Investment Boost for High-Speed Rail Network
- Three billion US dollars for Brightline West, a proposed high-speed rail line from Las Vegas to Southern California, were announced this week by the White House.
- Two high-speed rail projects in Nevada and California are receiving significant financial support from Washington.
- The Biden administration has pledged over 6 billion US dollars in federal funding for high-speed rail to close the gap between the US and other developed nations in fast and reliable passenger services.
- The allocated funds will be used for the construction of a 171-mile segment between Merced and Bakersfield in California's Central Valley.
Biden Calls New Rail Projects the ‘Biggest Investment’ Since Creation of Amtrak: President Joe Biden announced $8.2 billion in new funding for infrastructure ...
Why Nikki Haley polls better against Joe Biden than Donald Trump does: A POLITICO analysis shows the former South Carolina governor is winning swaths of moderate ...
Trump's Capitol Hill allies push part of his 2025 agenda: Trump's MAGA loyalists on in Congress aim to turn many of his campaign-rally talking points into law.
Biden launches a Hollywood fundraising blitz to tap into star power with strikes over
Battenfeld: Biden starts crucial part of re-election campaign bogged down by corruption charges
Turkey Moves to Counter Rising Tide of Chinese EV Imports: Turkey is cracking down on Chinese electric vehicle imports, the latest country to do so after the ...
Private railway Brightline: First US high-speed train to connect Los Angeles with Las Vegas
Kamala Harris breaks record for most tiebreaking Senate votes by VP: Harris broke a nearly 200-year-old record.
Quick Glance: Kamala Harris Sets VP Record for Most Senate Decisions
- Kamala Harris has shattered the record for most Senate decisions with 32 votes in just two and a half years.
- Harris plays a crucial role in a closely split Senate.
- The vice president serves as president of the Senate and has the right to cast deciding votes.
- Harris has also cast deciding votes for two major priorities of the Biden administration.
Ousted former Speaker Kevin McCarthy endorses Trump for president in 2024: The ousted speaker said he and Trump are "very honest with one another."
Quick Glance: Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to Leave Congress
- Former Speaker of the House, Kevin McCarthy, is leaving the House of Representatives in Washington
- McCarthy, 58, announced in a Wall Street Journal column that he will be leaving Congress after holding and then losing the role of speaker for nine months
- His departure could hamper the party's hopes of retaining the majority next year, as he played a significant role in helping Republicans take control of the House in 2022
- Although representing a safe Republican district in California, his departure will further narrow the already slim Republican majority early next year as Congress tries to avert a partial government shutdown in mid-January
US places rare visa travel restrictions on Israeli settlers implicated in West Bank violence
Biden’s battleground states footprint (or lack thereof) leaves Dems concerned: The campaign is comfortable with its approach, which leans on the DNC and looks at ...
Tillis touts $1B for Richmond-Raleigh rail line, thanks Buttigieg: The Biden administration pledged $1 billion for a new rail connection between Richmond, Va. ...
Exclusive: Biden administration presses Congress to approve tank shells for Israel's war in Gaza
Harvard, Penn and MIT urged by 74 US Congress members to sack leaders: Letter from politicians comes amid anger at three presidents’ Capitol Hill testimony on ...
The situation in Ukraine: USA and Ukraine plan more arms cooperation: Amid concerns about further aid payments, the USA and Ukraine agree on closer cooperation ...
Sinking Biden should trade secure border for Ukraine aid: It turns out Hispanics, too, dislike having their communities swarmed by people who are in the country ...
New US aid for Ukraine by year-end seems increasingly out of reach as Republicans speak out
Trump immunity appeal offers best chance to stave off 2020 election trial: The gambit by the former U.S. president and frontrunner for the 2024 Republican ...
President Biden, aboard Air Force One, has touched down in LA: His first fundraiser, meanwhile, was scheduled to kick off in West L.A. Friday evening
Hunter Biden says Republicans are trying to ‘kill me’ to destroy father’s presidency
Who is Mark Scarsi, the judge assigned to Hunter Biden’s new tax charges case?: Scarsi, a Trump appointee, has served on the bench in the Central District of ...
Stefanik targets university presidents over ‘lack of moral clarity’ on antisemitism
Biden forgives another $5 billion in student loans: That's $132 billion in student loan relief for over 3.6 million Americans.
Quick Glance: Government Erases 3.6 Million Student Loans
- New efforts announced by the U.S. Department of Education to aid borrowers affected by repayment program issues.
- Over 900,000 borrowers have had approximately $44 billion in federal student loan debts approved for erasure due to changes in income-driven repayment plans.
- Nearly 750,000 borrowers have now received up to $53.5 billion in relief through modifications to the previously troubled Public Service Loan Forgiveness plan.
- The Biden administration has approved the cancellation of almost $132 billion in federal student loan debts for more than 3.6 million Americans.
Trump’s vow to only be a dictator on ‘day one’ follows growing worry over his authoritarian rhetoric
White House Mocks Putin Re-Election Bid: The White House mocked Russian President Vladimir Putin's announcement on Friday that he would run for re-election in ...
Ukraine faces triple stalemate in Congress, Europe and on the battlefield: The implications could be devastating for Kyiv's democracy.
George Santos will say just about anything on Cameo for $500: Admitting a lie, recommending OnlyFans 'twinks,' and congratulating a furry on coming out are all ...
Seven delusions plaguing the mind of the Trump base voter: My safe 2024 prediction: The losing party will believe it is “the end of America.”
Biden embraces power to break patents of costly drugs: Progressives have long advocated for so-called march-in rights to lower the price of drugs developed with ...
Quick Glance: US Policy Allows Seizure of Patents for Government-Funded Drugs
- The Biden Administration announced a new policy to seize patents for government-funded drugs if their prices are considered too high.
- The policy establishes a roadmap for the government's march-in rights, which have never been utilized before.
- It would enable the government to grant additional licenses to third parties for products developed using federal funds if the original patent holder does not make them available to the public on reasonable terms.
- The government will consider factors such as whether only a narrow set of patients can afford the drug, and whether drugmakers are exploiting a health or safety issue by hiking prices.
Ukraine war - Situation in the morning: US dispute continues to block Ukraine aid
Quick Glance: Ukraine: Zelenskyy Cancels US Senators Briefing
- The Ukrainian President canceled a scheduled meeting with US senators.
- He was going to request continued military support due to the ongoing Russian invasion.
- The Biden administration urges Congress to approve nearly $106 billion for the war in Ukraine.
- A group of Republicans oppose further assistance, arguing that US funds should be spent at home.
WATCH LIVE: Biden visits Las Vegas to showcase $8.2 billion for 10 major rail projects around the country
Quick Glance: LIVE: Biden Showcases $8.2 Billion for 10 Major Rail Projects
- President Joe Biden showcases $8.2 billion for 10 major rail projects, including high-speed trains.
- Another electric rail line will serve as the nation’s first high-speed route, traversing California’s Central Valley.
- The funding signals the Biden administration’s commitment to spurring train travel in the nation.
- Other train projects receiving funding include upgrades in Virginia and North Carolina, as well as capacity expansion at Union Station in Chicago.
U.S. Sticks to Its Position on Israel as Gaza Crisis Deepens: The Biden administration is pressing Israel to do more to protect civilians. But it has not ...
Florida Democrat posts joking ‘in memoriam’ video for Santos, McCarthy: A Florida congressman posted a joking “in memoriam” video featuring former House Speaker ...
George Conway Trolls Donald Trump After Hunter Biden Indictment: President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, was indicted on Thursday for tax evasion and filing a ...
US aid to Israel and Ukraine: money against the border: The Republicans are blackmailing Joe Biden: military aid for Ukraine and Israel should only be given for ...
Henry Kissinger, a statesman beyond reproach, in China at least: Why there is little talk of war crimes among the Chinese
Whelan, living a 'nightmare,' blames Biden for not doing more to secure his release
Trump, Biden Both Give Fodder to Critics Looking for Other Choices: This is Washington Edition, the newsletter about money, power and politics in the nation’s ...
Trump takes center stage at Biden fundraisers: Former President Trump is not yet the Republican nominee for 2024, but he’s the main character at President ...
Biden's Los Angeles visit draws protest; LAPD warns against violence: Protesters demanding a cease-fire in the Gaza Strip rallied outside a Los Angeles ...
Charlamagne Tha God calls on Biden to drop out of presidential race: Charlamagne Tha God says President Biden can give voters the “ultimate Christmas gift” by ...
House GOP hardliners push Mike Johnson to go full throttle: Conservatives say Republicans need to fight harder to force Senate and White House's hand on spending ...
Biden heads to California for big Hollywood money haul: President Joe Biden kicks off a three-day, star-studded fundraising trip in California on Friday that a ...
Nearly half of GOP say the U.S. is giving too much to Ukraine, poll finds: The Pew Research Center’s finding shows a big partisan divide on the issue and comes ...
House Democrats push White House on easing free contraceptive access: Democrats on the House Oversight committee are pressing the Biden administration to go ...
Biden woos donors, sidesteps Gaza at glitzy Westside fundraiser: Hours before the event, hundreds of pro-Palestinian demonstrators gathered to call for a ...
Donald Trump's Inches Away From Losing His Historic Achievement: The unemployment rate in November fell to 3.7 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor ...
Pressure mounts on Ivy League universities to address antisemitism after presidents testify; calls for resignation
Biden Is Trying to Rein In Israel. Is It Working?: What started as unwavering support has given way to growing skepticism and sometimes open disapproval.
Quick Glance: Netanyahu's Dilemma: Tunnel Conflict to Eradicate Hamas?
- Netanyahu faces a crucial decision: whether to send Israeli troops into the tunnel network below Gaza, which could have major political consequences.
- Entering the tunnel network in Gaza would change the dynamics of the war, giving Hamas a strategic advantage in underground warfare.
- Israeli troops would face enormous challenges due to a lack of information about the tunnels and the potential threats posed by booby traps and ambushes set by Hamas.
- Israel is considering alternative strategies such as using poison gas or flooding the tunnels with seawater to gain an advantage over Hamas fighters.
Climate Funds Worth at Least $365 Million Spurned by GOP Strongholds: Florida and a handful of other Republican strongholds are betting that turning down a ...
Opinion | Democrats’ Border Unreality: Republicans turn out to be serious about reforming asylum and parole rules.
Half-time after two years in office: is Olaf Scholz still the right man for the job?
Quick Glance: Olaf Scholz: Still the Right Choice?
- After two years in office, the situation is disastrous, not only for the coalition.
- Uncertainty about whether the SPD and Chancellor Scholz will stay for two more years.
- In a hypothetical direct election, Scholz recently lagged behind CDU leader Merz.
- Scholz's personal polling low is more than just a result of ongoing conflict in the coalition.
US President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, was hit with three felony and six misdemeanor charges for allegedly failing to pay $1.4 million in taxes
House Republicans unveil resolution to authorize Biden impeachment inquiry: Multiple House Republicans said the chamber is expected to vote to authorize the ...
Quick Glance: US House Republicans Move Toward Biden Impeachment Inquiry
- Republican House members take step to authorize an impeachment inquiry against President Joe Biden.
- Allegations involve business irregularities by Biden and his family during his time as vice president.
- Republican Representative Kelly Armstrong introduces a resolution that would allow a vote on authorizing the inquiry.
- The Senate is unlikely to convict the president if the House passes articles of impeachment.
Liz Cheney's 'Oath and Honor' spotlights dangers of a potential 2nd Trump presidency
Kevin McCarthy endorses Donald Trump for president, would consider serving in his cabinet
Brooks and Capehart on the political impact of the latest charges against Hunter Biden
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!