Quick Glance: US to Provide Long-Range ATACMS Missiles to Kyiv - Media Reports
- According to media reports, Ukraine will receive ATACMS missiles with a range of up to 300 km.
- This would allow Kyiv to target Russian positions deep behind the front line.
- President Biden reportedly informed Ukrainian President Zelensky that Kyiv would receive 'a small number' of ATACMS missiles.
- The US and Ukraine have not officially confirmed the American media reports.
On "Anne Will," Sahra Wagenknecht is haunted by an old ...
"Anne Will" talk on the war in Ukraine
Quick Glance: Anne Will: Guests and Topic on 17.9.
- Guests discuss the Ukraine war
- Questions about continued US support for Ukraine
- Debate on delivering cruise missiles to Ukraine
- Topic: What leads to peace?
Quick Glance: Selenskyj calls for sustained support at UN General Assembly
- Ukrainian President warns against discontinuation of support for his country
- US President Biden and Polish President Duda back Selenskyj
- Selenskyj accuses Moscow of attacking his country not only militarily but also using other means
- Fatigue in support for Kyiv emerging in some parts of the world
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy told 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley the world must unite against Russian President Vladimir Putin ... Show more
Quick Glance: Zelenskyy warns of Putin and impending World War III
- Zelenskyy warns that Putin could cause World War III if not stopped in Ukraine.
- Zelenskyy says Putin is counting on U.S. instability during the 2024 election.
- Zelenskyy says drone strikes will continue if Russia keeps attacking infrastructure.
Quick Glance: US Judge Overturns California's High-Capacity Gun Magazine Ban
- A federal judge in California declared the ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition unconstitutional.
- The judge ruled that the ban violated firearms owners' Second Amendment rights.
- The ban was criticized for going too far by preventing the lawful use of magazines, including for self-defense.
- California's Attorney General plans to appeal the decision.
Quick Glance: New Swiss Foreign Policy
- Radical rethink of foreign policy due to Russian aggression
- Neutrality based on the 1907 Hague Convention
- Neutrality in the national interest of the majority
- Switzerland's good offices in relation to neutrality
Suddenly it becomes clear what is behind the Ukrainian attack on the ...
Quick Glance: Ukraine breaks through final Russian defense line
- Clarity emerges behind the attack on the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol.
- The USA promises Ukraine a limited number of ATACMS missiles.
- Recent events in the war against Ukraine.
- Ukraine breaks through the final Russian defense line in Zaporizhia.
Quick Glance: Polish Politics Shaped by 'Ukraine Fatigue'
- Poland provides leading military assistance to protect Poland from Russian aggression.
- The change in tone of the Polish government regarding Ukraine is surprising.
- There is discussion about the importance of Ukraine's gratitude for Polish support.
- Andrzej Duda compared Ukraine to a drowning man endangering his rescuers.
Quick Glance: Russia Reports Intense Shelling of Bakhmut, Situation Tense
- Ukrainian forces heavily shell the city of Bakhmut and launch coordinated attacks on several villages in the region, according to a Russian official on Friday.
- He added: "The situation in Bakhmut remains tense, the city itself is under chaotic shelling."
- Pushilin listed several villages in the north of Donetsk near the city of Lyman that were allegedly attacked by Ukrainian forces, but claimed that the attacks had been repelled.
- He also stated that Ukrainian forces are massing assault battalions north of Bakhmut.
Quick Glance: Zelenskiy thanks Canada for aid in war against Russia
- Canada has committed over CAD 8 billion in aid to Ukraine since 2022.
- Zelenskiy expresses gratitude for Canada's support with weapons and equipment.
- Canada will provide substantial macroeconomic support in 2024.
- Ottawa imposes additional sanctions on 63 Russian individuals and entities.
Quick Glance: The West's Modi Challenge
- The US and its allies view India as a key economic and diplomatic partner.
- The images of the Indian Prime Minister leading the world's most powerful people at the G20 summit have strengthened Modi's domestic image and highlighted India's global rise as a diplomatic and economic power.
- According to the Financial Times, Biden and other western leaders expressed concerns about Canada's allegations to the Indian leader during the summit.
- These countries have placed their geopolitical bet on India, specifically on Modi.
Quick Glance: Pentagon Calls for Support for Ukraine's Air Defense Before Winter
- US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin emphasizes the importance of air defense means for Ukraine, especially before the winter season.
- Austin highlights the importance of the air defense systems that the US, together with allies, have supplied to Ukraine - Patriot, Hawk, IRIST, NASAMS, and Gepard systems.
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz has promised Ukraine arms ...
New figures from German government
Quick Glance: Germany Invests 5.2 Billion Euros in Military Aid for Kyiv
- Pledged weapons deliveries worth 17 billion euros by 2027
- Germany provides extensive military assistance to Ukraine
- Germany takes responsibility in providing weapons aid to Ukraine
Russia plans a massive increase in defense spending next year as President Vladimir ...
Russia's War in Ukraine
Quick Glance: Russia's War in Ukraine: Putin Plans Massive Defense Spending Hike in 2024
- Russia plans a massive increase in defense spending next year as President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine continues to reshape the country's economy and funding priorities.
- According to draft budget plans seen by Bloomberg News, defense spending will comprise 6% of the country's gross domestic product in 2024, up from 3.9% in 2023 and 2.7% in 2021.
ROYALE WELCOME: Luminaries including Mick Jagger and Hugh Grant joined Britain's King Charles III as he and Queen Camilla were hosted for a state dinner by ... Show more
Quick Glance: King Charles impresses Paris
- King Charles III and President Emmanuel Macron were cheered by a large crowd on the Champs-Élysées.
- The experience was different from watching on TV, leaving people disappointed.
- However, in Paris, the people did not come.
- The King, simply by being the King, created an emotional atmosphere that enthralled the parliamentarians.
Ukraine used Storm Shadow long-range missiles in a strike against the ...
Quick Glance: Ukraine Strikes Russian Black Sea Fleet Headquarters
- Ukraine uses Storm Shadow long-range missiles to strike the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol.
- Romania's Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu announces visit to Kyiv to finalize agreement on Ukrainian grain imports.
- Czechia in talks with Sweden to train Ukrainian pilots on Gripen fighter jets.
- Russian forces launch missile attack on Kremenchuk, Poltava Oblast, resulting in civilian casualties.
Recommended for you