News articles on this subject
'They will pay': Trump shares social media threat as his lawyer argues gag order is unfair
Six fake Donald Trump electors, indicted by Nevada grand jury: A Nevada grand jury has indicted six Nevada GOP members who submitted a document to Congress ...
Quick Glance: Nevada Indicts 6 Republicans as Fake Trump Electors
- A Nevada investigation led to the indictment of six Republicans who falsely declared Donald Trump the winner of the 2020 presidential election in their state.
- The fake electors, involved in the state GOP or Clark County GOP, have been charged with offering a false instrument for filing and uttering a forged instrument.
- The indictments in Nevada are just the latest in a series of investigations in several states into the activities of Republican electors.
- Democratic attorneys general in New Mexico and Arizona are also examining the role of fake electors in their states.
Democracy is at stake if Trump is reelected, Liz Cheney warns in her new book: Liz Cheney's book Oath and Honor: A Memoir and a Warning slams Trump's efforts to ...
Quick Glance: Liz Cheney Considers Third Party, Warns of Trump-led Threat
- Liz Cheney, once a rising GOP leader, is ready to create a new third party or run for president with one.
- She hopes to play a role in establishing a new conservative party, as restoring the current Republican Party seems impossible.
- Cheney is open to joining a bipartisan ticket in the next election to include both Republicans and Democrats.
- She warns of Trump as an existential threat and suggests that a third party could provide voters with an alternative.
Trump’s ‘dictator’ remark jolts the 2024 campaign — and tests his GOP rivals on debate day
Quick Glance: Trump Doesn't Rule Out Power Abuse
- Trump declines to rule out abusing power upon return to the White House
- Biden warns that Trump is determined to destroy American democracy
- Trump refuses to promise he would never abuse power to seek retribution
- Hannity solely questions Trump in an interview differing from the typical town hall format with audience questions
Biden job approval hits new low, Trump takes lead in hypothetical 2024 matchup: WSJ poll
Trump appeals ruling denying his immunity claims in his federal election interference case
Haley looks to secure staying power as an ascendant Trump rival: Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley’s ascendancy in the GOP presidential race has brought new ...
Trump will hold a fundraiser instead of appearing at next week's GOP presidential debate
Quick Glance: Trump's Fundraiser Choice Over GOP Debate
- Former President Donald Trump will not participate in the GOP presidential debate next week but will instead attend a fundraiser in Florida.
- Trump has opted to skip his party's previous primary debates, citing his dominant lead in early state and national polls.
- During the last debate, Trump held a rally in Hialeah, a Miami suburb, which felt like the main event in many ways.
- Instead of participating in the second debate, he traveled to Michigan to speak out against President Joe Biden at an auto-parts manufacturing plant during an autoworkers' strike.
Liz Cheney is back and unloading on the current leaders of her ancestral GOP : There is no good time for a book as critical of one's own party as Oath and Honor ...
‘Test case’ for America: Colorado’s top court poised to weigh Trump’s eligibility to run again
Quick Glance: Colorado Supreme Court to Decide on Trump's Ballot Removal
- Oral arguments set for Wednesday afternoon before Colorado Supreme Court regarding Trump's role in the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol
- Denver district court judge ruled Trump not disqualified under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment despite involvement in insurrection
- Trump also appealed judge's finding of culpability in Capitol attack
- Dozens of lawsuits filed this year to prevent Trump from running for president again
Biden says that 'if Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running': President Joe Biden said on Tuesday that his re-election campaign was prompted in part by ...
Quick Glance: Biden Contemplates 2024 Run, Cites Trump as Motivation
- Biden mentioned that he might not run again if not for the unique threat posed by Donald Trump to the United States.
- Biden stated that he would not drop out of the race if Trump stopped seeking his own second term.
- During his 2020 presidential campaign, Biden often cited Trump's handling of issues as part of his decision to run.
- Biden faces limited competition for his party's nomination and is positioning Trump as a danger to democracy itself.
Liz Cheney's 'Oath and Honor' spotlights dangers of a potential 2nd Trump presidency
Biden says he's 'not the only one who can defeat' Trump : President Joe Biden said Wednesday that he didn't think he was the only Democrat who could prevail over ...
Trump hits Christie after strong debate showing: ‘Not fit to run for President’: Former President Trump took a swing Friday at former New Jersey Gov ...
Haley leads Biden by 4 points in 2024 match-up, but falls short of Trump: Poll: GOP presidential hopeful Nikki Haley leads President Biden in a hypothetical ...
Where Are All the Anti-Trump Republicans?: A vast array of GOP power brokers detest and disdain the former president. So why are they keeping so quiet?
Billionaire GOP donor endorses Haley, says Trump’s time has ‘come and gone’: Home Depot co-founder and billionaire Ken Langone put his support behind GOP hopeful ...
'Not normal times': Here's why the Republican primary is a referendum on Joe Biden, not Donald Trump
Quick Glance: Unusual Times: Why the Republican Primary is a Referendum on Joe Biden, Not Donald Trump
- The Republican primary should focus on Donald Trump, but candidates are reluctant to attack him to avoid alienating voters.
- Republican candidate Chris Christie, who has criticized Trump, has little support in the polls.
- Fear of a political backlash is preventing challengers from attacking Trump.
- So far, attacks on Trump have strengthened him politically.
Cheney warns that a vote for Trump ‘may mean the last election that you ever get to vote in’
Trump, allies fire back at media warnings of second-term dictatorship: Headlines blaring warnings about how a second Trump presidency could slip toward ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Potential for Authoritarian Rule
- There is a realistic threat for Trump to achieve authoritarian rule in the United States.
- Trump allies are openly developing a plan to transform a second term into full-blown autocracy.
- Election officials, Republican lawmakers, and former Trump advisors testified with exceptional courage, mobilizing many voters against election deniers in 2022.
- The national response to the antidemocratic threat of the Trump years was surprisingly positive - not only in terms of elections but also institutionally.
Pence’s notes show VP initially didn’t want to preside over Jan. 6 electoral count: report
Quick Glance: Report: Pence's Hesitation to Preside Over Jan. 6 Electoral Count Revealed
- Mike Pence initially did not want to preside over the count of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021, amid pressure from Trump to overturn the election results.
- Investigations by special counsel Jack Smith show that Pence left personal notes indicating his initial reluctance to preside over the count of electoral votes.
- Pence told investigators that his loyalty to Trump never wavered at the time.
- Pence was also questioned about his recent memoir, detailing conversations with Trump about certifying the votes, including an investigation into the placement of a comma in one section of the book, which Pence deemed a mistake.
'I'm a mom': How parenting is playing into the 2024 GOP race: How Nikki Haley has tapped into the perfect equation as a 2024 GOP presidential candidate and a ...
Christie says Trump’s ‘intolerant language and conduct’ contribute to rise in antisemitism
Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
Romney says any Democrat would be ‘an upgrade’ over Trump in 2024: Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) signaled that nearly any candidate in the 2024 field ...
Quick Glance: Romney Prefers Any Democrat Over Trump in 2024
- Republican Senator Mitt Romney signaled that almost any candidate in the 2024 field, regardless of party, would be an 'upgrade' over another term for former President Trump.
- Romney stated that he would be happy to support and vote for almost any Republican, as well as for some Democrats.
- After Romney announced that he will not seek reelection, this sparked a wave of gloating insults from Trump and his allies.
Top Democratic donor gives $250k to support Nikki Haley, citing need to defeat Trump in primary
Quick Glance: Top Donor Backs Nikki Haley with $250k
- Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn, donates $250k to a super PAC supporting Nikki Haley to stop Donald Trump in the primaries.
- Hoffman emphasizes that the primaries are the first of two chances to prevent Trump from winning the White House again.
- He still plans to vote for President Joe Biden, but his priority is to defeat Trump and uphold the integrity of the legal system.
- Hoffman supports Haley's candidacy despite policy disagreements because he sees her as the only realistic alternative to Trump.
The Trump Prosecutions Are Cause to Celebrate the Rule of Law: Compared with the mire of uncertainty in which the nation has wallowed for the past several years ...
Biden campaign not yet committing to general election debates: President Biden’s reelection campaign isn’t yet committing to general election debates in a ...
Senate GOP: Where the heck is Biden on border?: Lawmakers call on Biden to take the lead in talks to salvage his funding request for Ukraine.
Biden to take on Boebert, House GOP’s economic vision in Colorado remarks: President Joe Biden on Wednesday will seek to contrast his economic vision with that ...
Quick Glance: Biden Calls Out Boebert as Leader of 'MAGA Movement' in Colorado
- Biden singles out Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as a leader of the 'MAGA movement' during his visit to her congressional district.
- Biden visits wind tower manufacturer CS Wind in Pueblo, Colo., emphasizing Boebert's role in the 'MAGA movement'.
- Biden mentions Boebert as one of the leaders of the extreme 'MAGA movement' and highlights her voting record against the IRA.
- Biden joins CS Wind workers on stage, emphasizing the positive impact of the company on the population, including in Boebert's district.
Biden’s battleground states footprint (or lack thereof) leaves Dems concerned: The campaign is comfortable with its approach, which leans on the DNC and looks at ...
Trump takes center stage at Biden fundraisers: Former President Trump is not yet the Republican nominee for 2024, but he’s the main character at President ...
4.1 million watch fourth Republican primary debate: While viewership was down, it marked a record for newcomer NewsNation.
Christie presses DeSantis over Trump at GOP debate: Chris Christie pressed Ron DeSantis over former President Trump’s fitness to hold the office of the ...
McCarthy's exit and the ripple effects back home: Some of California's Republican incumbents could be in serious trouble.
Why are the 14th Amendment lawsuits seeking to bar Trump failing? : So far, all 14th Amendment lawsuits against Trump have been rejected by courts.
‘Tusca-losers’: Jimmy Kimmel jokes about GOP presidential debate in Alabama: The late night host made cracks about Chris Christie, Ron DeSantis ...
Jamie Dimon Urges Donors, Even Democrats, to ‘Help Nikki Haley’: The JPMorgan Chase C.E.O.’s show of support for Ms. Haley came on the same day that a new super ...
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Dean Phillips says ‘it’s delusional’ to think Biden can beat Trump: Rep. Dean Phillips (D-Minn.) on Saturday criticized President Biden for his recent poll ...
Quick Glance: Dean Phillips Opts Out of Congressional Reelection in 2024: 'Time for a New Generation'
- Democrat Dean Phillips is challenging President Joe Biden in the 2024 primary and is heeding his own advice to pass the torch.
- The 54-year-old Phillips will not seek reelection to the U.S. House and is opening up his congressional seat.
- Phillips is urging Biden to also forgo seeking reelection as both parties vie for control of Congress.
- As one of about a dozen lawmakers not seeking reelection next year, Phillips becomes part of the contest for congressional control.
Biden December fundraising blitz to star James Taylor, Spielberg: President Joe Biden kicked off a December fundraising blitz on Tuesday that will show off the ...
Senate anti-Trump GOP see Haley as best hope to avoid disaster: Senate Republicans who are concerned about former President Donald Trump’s viability in a general ...
Trump lawyers seek to probe U.S. handling of 2020 election fraud claims: New Trump court filing seeks evidence to relitigate debunked claims that election was ...
2024 Republican presidential candidates: A list of who is running: Republicans face a likely crowded field for the chance to challenge President Biden ...
Republican primary stakes sharpen as candidates begin mad dash to Iowa: The Republican primary campaign is careening toward its final act, with seven weeks to go ...
Trump makes aggressive pitch to take young voters from Biden: Former President Trump on Wednesday urged younger voters to support him in next year’s election ...
Playbook: Time’s up on Ukraine funding: And the use of "MAGAnomics" is on the upswing.
CNN Will Host Two GOP Debates in Iowa and New Hampshire in 2024: The announcement of the debates, planned for the days before each state’s nominating contest ...
What to know about the fourth GOP debate: The fourth GOP presidential debate Wednesday will feature the smallest stage yet, with only a handful of candidates set ...
Schoen: Trump has real chance to return to White House: Indeed, the economy, the president’s age, and the perception of corruption have put a damper on Biden’s ...
The 543 word editorial that may have just upended the presidential campaign: The post by Trump calling for Obamacare’s replacement has lit a fire under Biden’s ...
Donations to GOP drop as worries mount about the party’s finances: Donors have not cut as many large checks to the RNC in recent years, and the party’s ...
Brooks and Capehart on the political impact of the latest charges against Hunter Biden
Alabama Sen. Katie Britt endorses Trump ahead of GOP debate: Sen. Katie Britt (R-Ala.) endorsed former President Trump for the Republican nomination for ...
Winning the presidential nomination is all about delegates. But how does the process work?
Democrats have no Biden backup plan for 2024, despite age concerns: The Democratic Party has no Plan B if President Joe Biden decided for any reason to halt his ...
You Should Actually Be Glad Chris Christie Is Running for President Again: There's at least one good reason for him to run for president.
Why Chris Christie went straight from the GOP debate to New Hampshire colleges: Chris Christie kicked off a two-day New Hampshire college tour following the most ...
GOP’s Brutal Math: Donald Trump Could Secure 2024 Nomination Before Criminal Conviction
Republican officials consider shaking up presidential debate system: The Republican National Committee is considering a proposal to allow candidates to debate ...
Billionaire megadonor Bill Ackman says Biden should step aside: Billionaire investor Bill Ackman says President Biden should step aside, adding he was ...
Dean Phillips filing challenges in states that left him off ballots: Democratic presidential candidate Dean Phillips is planning to file challenges in states ...
George Santos Is Expelled From House: Live Updates: Mr. Santos is the sixth member of the House to be expelled in the body’s history, and the first who had not ...
Quick Glance: George Santos Expelled from Congress
- House vote: New York Republican George Santos expelled.
- Santos, sixth member expelled in a Congress vote.
- Over 100 Republicans voted with Democrats for Santos' expulsion.
- Santos to be replaced in special election, date not set.
A messy contest is coming to a head behind Donald Trump: Our poll tracker sheds light on that competition. It may yet matter
Florida Democratic Party says Biden is the only candidate, angering rivals: State election laws say uncontested race won’t appear on the ballot, something Rep ...
Four Republicans will make the debate stage. Who’s in and who’s out?: Four candidates have qualified for the fourth Republican presidential debate ...
Trump widens lead over DeSantis in new national poll: Former President Trump has widened his lead over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in a new national poll of ...
Melania Trump wants husband Donald to tap Tucker Carlson for VP: report : Melania Trump is pushing for her husband Donald Trump to pick Tucker Carlson as his ...
The Trump ballot battle: If the 14th Amendment doesn’t block him, voters must: A Denver state judge, Sarah B. Wallace of the 2nd Judicial District Court ...
Trump will attend super PAC fundraiser instead of 4th GOP primary debate: While GOP presidential hopefuls duke it out on stage at the fourth Republican primary ...
Deep divide on display in DeSantis-Newsom debate: ANALYSIS : They showed starkly different Republican and Democratic visions of leadership.
Quick Glance: Key Points in DeSantis-Newsom Debate on Fox
- DeSantis and Newsom will participate in a 90-minute debate titled 'DeSantis vs. Newsom: The Great Red vs. Blue State Debate,' moderated by Fox News host Sean Hannity.
- Both governors have developed a growing rivalry over the past months and may use the debate to boost their political careers.
- Expect personal attacks between Newsom and DeSantis, as they have criticized each other in the past.
- The outcome of the debate could impact the perception of Florida and California, as both governors have clashed over various political issues.
Least popular US governor — Tate Reeves — is more popular than Biden: The least popular American governor, Republican Tate Reeves of Mississippi ...
Most voters under 30 say economy is biggest issue as 2024 nears: poll: Voters under the age of 30 in a new Emerson College poll said the economy is the biggest ...
Top evangelical says ‘Iowa will rise up’ against Trump: Influential Iowa evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats is doubling down on his disdain for former ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Accusation Sparks Controversy
- Iowa evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats endorses Ron DeSantis over Trump, causing a stir.
- Donald Trump alleges Vander Plaats of 'scamming' following his endorsement of Ron DeSantis.
- Vander Plaats, influential among Republican voters in Iowa, becomes a key figure in the presidential race.
- DeSantis also gains support from Iowa's Republican governor, Kim Reynolds.
In South Carolina homecoming, Haley’s ‘town hall’ turns into a full-blown rally: The former South Carolina governor is still running far behind Donald Trump in ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Impact at USC-Clemson Appearance
- First South Carolina appearance since campaign visit
- Campaign video shows enthusiastic fan reaction to Trump
- First time as Gamecocks' guest, previously attended Clemson game
- Visited Iowa-Iowa State game and scheduled town hall in Bluffton
Last chance to stop Trump: Final GOP debate before Iowa is on tonight: Tonight is the fourth and final Republican presidential debate before rank and file party ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!