News articles on this subject
Newsom ad targets DeSantis’s 6-week abortion ban: California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) on Sunday released a new ad digging into Florida Gov ...
Fox announces details for DeSantis, Newsom debate: Fox News has announced details of its planned debate between Democratic California Gov ...
Newsom releases attack ad on DeSantis and Florida's abortion ban: California Gov. Gavin Newsom, who will debate Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis later this month ...
Talk About Abortion, Don’t Talk About Trump: Governors Give Biden Advice: At an annual gathering in Arizona, Democratic governors offered a series of ...
Gavin Newsom’s Wife Reportedly Put an End to Fiery Fox News Debate: Things got hostile behind the scenes, according to NBC News.
What would a DeSantis presidency look like for health care?: In his five years as governor, Ron DeSantis has promoted stricter abortion rules and emphasized ...
What would a DeSantis presidency look like for health care?: On the presidential campaign trail, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis touts himself as a champion of medical ...
DeSantis warns GOP against using impeachment probe of Biden as 'Trojan horse': Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is cautioning that a formalized GOP impeachment inquiry ...
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis budgets $1 million for lawsuit to fight ‘really poor decision’ on CFP
Texas judge to consider pregnant woman's request for order allowing her to have an abortion
Quick Glance: Texas Judge Grants Pregnant Woman Abortion Amid State Ban
- District Judge Maya Guerra Gamble grants pregnant woman with fatal diagnosis permission for abortion
- Lawsuit by 31-year-old mother from Dallas area is first of its kind since Roe v. Wade overturn
- Temporary restraining order allows abortion under narrow exceptions to Texas' ban
- Texas and 12 other states have rushed to ban abortion, facing opposition and legal challenges
Texas attorney general petitions state supreme court after woman who sued the state was granted permission for an abortion
'The Daily Show' Just Destroyed Ron DeSantis: Ron DeSantis spoke in the fourth GOP debate Wednesday in Alabama and has been mocked online for looking ...
Texas Supreme Court pauses lower court's order allowing pregnant woman to have an abortion
DeSantis and Newsom lob insults and talk some policy in an unusual debate: In an alternate reality, the prime-time showdown between California Democratic Gov ...
Quick Glance: Key Points in DeSantis-Newsom Debate on Fox
- DeSantis and Newsom will participate in a 90-minute debate titled 'DeSantis vs. Newsom: The Great Red vs. Blue State Debate,' moderated by Fox News host Sean Hannity.
- Both governors have developed a growing rivalry over the past months and may use the debate to boost their political careers.
- Expect personal attacks between Newsom and DeSantis, as they have criticized each other in the past.
- The outcome of the debate could impact the perception of Florida and California, as both governors have clashed over various political issues.
Kentucky woman approximately eight weeks pregnant files lawsuit challenging state’s abortion bans
Quick Glance: Legal Action for Abortion Rights in Kentucky
- A woman in Kentucky is demanding the right to have an abortion through a legal action.
- The ban on abortions in Kentucky violates the rights of the plaintiff.
- Jane Doe, about eight weeks pregnant, wants to have an abortion in Kentucky.
- She is seeking class-action status to include other Kentuckians who desire to have an abortion.
Nikki Haley’s Moment: The former U.N. ambassador seems poised to become Donald J. Trump’s principal rival in the Republican primary.
Ron DeSantis Debates His Grievances: For Gavin Newsom, the TV exposure had a clear logic. But for the Florida governor, all that was apparent was his psychic ...
DeSantis calls on Trump to debate one-on-one: ‘Stop being a keyboard warrior’: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) called on former President Trump to debate ...
California faces record $68 billion budget deficit, analyst says: The nation's most populous state — with an economy that is the fifth largest in the world — has ...
Ron DeSantis’ Response to the Florida State Football Controversy Captures His Entire Off-Putting Essence
Quick Glance: Florida State AD and Coach Criticize Playoff Committee
- FSU excluded from playoff despite undefeated season, Alford calls it a committee failure.
- Texas (12-1) and Alabama (12-1) leapfrog FSU in playoff rankings to enter the top four.
- Alford warns of destructive consequences of giving in to a narrative of the moment and the damage to the legitimacy of the College Football Playoff.
- Travis' absence changed the committee's view of FSU, despite injuries being allowed in playoff considerations.
Florida Democrats pen letter calling for DeSantis to end book bans: A group of Florida Democrats urged state Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) to end his administration’s ...
Pro-DeSantis Blog The Florida Standard to Shut Down: The Florida Standard, a right-wing blog with close ties to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis ...
Christie Tries and Fails to Make DeSantis Say Trump’s Too Old for Second Term: “Why doesn’t he just answer the question?” the former New Jersey governor groused ...
Missouri lawmakers propose allowing homicide charges for women who have abortions
DeSantis sets aside $1 million to sue over Florida State’s playoff snub: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said he plans to set aide $1 million from the state’s ...
Texas judge grants pregnant woman permission to get an abortion in challenge to state's ban
Wisconsin judge rules 1849 law doesn’t outlaw abortion: A Wisconsin circuit court judge has ruled that an 1849 law that classifies the destruction of a fetus by ...
Editorial: Local lawmakers can’t duck the issue of DeSantis’ disastrous attacks on Reedy Creek forever
DeSantis’ Disney chief tells employees they owe $2 million in back taxes, but he’s working on a fix
DeSantis wants House GOP to focus on issues, not Biden impeachment: GOP presidential candidate Ron DeSantis suggested Sunday that House Republicans should focus ...
DeSantis Refers to Middle Eastern Clothes As ‘Man Dresses’: In the Republican debate last night, Ron DeSantis referred to Middle Eastern garb as ‘man dresses ...
Zieglers, begone. Florida doesn’t need more hypocrisy | Editorial: With their reputations in tatters, every day Christian Ziegler remains chair of the Republican ...
GOP Senate candidates soften abortion stances ahead of 2024: Republican candidates in states that will determine Senate control have quietly shifted their ...
CNN to host GOP presidential town halls in Iowa: CNN will host two town halls in Iowa next week featuring Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and entrepreneur Vivek ...
A messy contest is coming to a head behind Donald Trump: Our poll tracker sheds light on that competition. It may yet matter
A Florida election fraud chief died last year in the hallway of Ron DeSantis' office
Quick Glance: Tragic Death of Official at Ron DeSantis' Office
- Governor Ron DeSantis appointed Peter Antonacci in 2022 to head a new office to combat election fraud.
- Following a heated meeting, the top election fraud officer collapsed in the governor's office and went unnoticed for 24 minutes before receiving help.
- An in-depth investigation reveals more about the circumstances of Antonacci's death and his prior conflict with some of the state's top officials.
- Despite claims that Antonacci died after an argument, the records do not mention the governor.
Christie faces growing GOP pressure to drop out: ‘He’s dividing the vote’: Pressure is growing on former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to drop out of the GOP ...
Former Gov. Jeb Bush calls for older Americans to ‘get off’ the political stage’: MIAMI — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush called Wednesday for older Americans to ...
Christie says he would not sign 6-week abortion ban: Republican presidential candidate Chris Christie said Tuesday that he will not sign a law enacting a ...
Quick Glance: Christie Criticizes 6-Week Abortion Ban
- Christie refuses to sign the 6-week abortion ban
- He believes there is no consensus on a national abortion ban
- Haley's statement supporting the 6-week abortion ban at the state level
- Christie thinks this affects Haley's chances in a general election
California’s holiday tree lighting ceremony goes virtual due to possible protests
Sen. Tuberville says he's ending hold on most military promotions: Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville says he is ending his blockade of hundreds of military ...
Quick Glance: Tuberville Relinquishes Military Confirmation Hold
- Released hold after pressure from Republican colleagues
- Stalled military promotions in protest of Pentagon policy
- Originally set conditions for lifting the hold
- Decision welcomed by White House and Democratic Senate leader
Florida First Lady Casey DeSantis’ Remarks Prompt Clarification From Iowa GOP: Casey DeSantis called on out-of-state supporters to participate in the Iowa ...
Senate anti-Trump GOP see Haley as best hope to avoid disaster: Senate Republicans who are concerned about former President Donald Trump’s viability in a general ...
DeSantis on Iowa caucus: ‘We’re going to win’: GOP presidential candidate Ron DeSantis is confident in winning the upcoming Iowa caucus despite former President ...
Florida GOP chair defies DeSantis, won’t step down as new details of sexual assault allegation emerge
Quick Glance: Investigation of Florida GOP Chairman
- Police in Sarasota, Florida, are conducting an investigation involving the Florida GOP Chairman, as confirmed by his attorney and a police report.
- Sarasota police confirmed the activity of the investigation without confirming details.
Stephen A. Smith knocks DeSantis response to College Football Playoff picks: ‘Will you stop?’
Fact checking the December GOP debate: Four of the Republican presidential candidates made a variety of false, misleading or lacking-in-context claims on ...
Donald Trump Embracing Black Lives Matter Stuns Republicans: Florida Governor Ron DeSantis was among the Republicans who ridiculed Trump for accepting the BLM ...
Texas Supreme Court pauses ruling that allowed pregnant woman to have an abortion
Quick Glance: Texas Supreme Court Halts Abortion for Pregnant Woman
- Texas Supreme Court puts on hold ruling allowing abortion for pregnant woman.
- Ruling applied to Kate Cox, a 31-year-old mother of two from Dallas area.
- Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton argued against medical exception for Cox.
- Pregnant woman from Kentucky also filed lawsuit demanding right to abortion.
Commentary: DeSantis stomps on freedom of information: A man who sued Ron DeSantis last year, alleging that his free-speech rights were being violated ...
Sandra Day O'Connor, first woman on the Supreme Court, dies: Sandra Day O'Connor was called "the most powerful woman in America" during her quarter of a century ...
Quick Glance: Sandra Day O'Connor, First Female Supreme Court Justice, Passes Away
- Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman on the Supreme Court, passes away at the age of 93 in Phoenix.
- She was unanimously appointed as the first female justice on the Supreme Court by the Senate in 1981.
- Her nomination by President Ronald Reagan ended 191 years of male exclusivity on the high court.
- O'Connor resisted the decision in 1989 to allow states to outlaw most abortions.
Florida appeals court sides with DeSantis, reverses ruling on congressional map: A circuit court judge back in August said the map violated Florida’s ...
Sen. Scott joins Gov. DeSantis in calling for resignation of Florida GOP chair amid rape investigation
Quick Glance: Moms for Liberty Chapter Divides Over Allegations Against Christian Ziegler
- The chapter breaks with the organization after allegations of sexual assault against the co-founder and husband of the Florida GOP Chair emerged.
- The controversy continues over the allegations that Florida GOP Chair Christian Ziegler sexually assaulted a woman involved in a long-term relationship with him and his wife, the co-founder of Moms For Liberty.
- The Northumberland County, Pennsylvania chapter of Moms For Liberty announced on Monday that it will be splitting from the national organization.
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis called for Ziegler to voluntarily resign from his post after the allegations emerged on Friday.
For $150M, this triple-lot Manhattan Beach Strand home could be yours: If it gets anywhere near the ask, it would be the all-time most expensive home sold in ...
Gerrymandering is a crucial litmus test for the presidency : Though gerrymandering occurs at the state level, how governors support or counter it is a good ...
DeSantis’ Retreat Shows Moms for Liberty’s Influence Is Finally Waning: It was no small thing for Ron DeSantis to call for the resignation of Florida Republican ...
What Ron DeSantis Has Said About Cutting Social Security: DeSantis' approach to Social Security reflects a departure from his previous support for privatization ...
Mega-donors shake up GOP presidential race ahead of Iowa caucuses: The network backed by the Koch family announced Tuesday that it is endorsing Nikki Haley.
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Trump defends mistaking Obama for Biden, says he’s being sarcastic : Former President Trump on Monday defended mistaking former President Obama for President ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Deliberate Mix-Up: Biden and Obama
- Donald Trump claims to intentionally confuse Joe Biden and Barack Obama to suggest potential outside influence on the government.
- His confusions are a prominent attack point for Ron DeSantis, who claims that Trump is not the same candidate he was in 2016.
- Polls show a higher share of voters believe Trump has the stamina and sharpness for the presidency compared to Biden.
- Campaigns from DeSantis and Biden use Trump's errors to highlight and promote them on social media.
Haley looks to rebound after lukewarm debate reception: Nikki Haley is seeking to rebound after a debate performance in Alabama that drew a mixed reception from ...
Ron DeSantis calls on Donald Trump to join Iowa debate, continues criticism of Nikki Haley
How to watch DeSantis-Newsom debate: Govs. Gavin Newsom (D-Calif.) and Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) will face off in a debate hosted by Fox News this week ...
Trump fans decry Reynolds’ endorsement of GOP rival : ‘I told her that she is on the wrong side of history’ for DeSantis support
Evangelical Leader Takes on Trump in Brutal Tirade: Bob Vander Plaats let loose on the former president, saying Iowa will “rise up” against him in 2024.
Quick Glance: Trump's Accusation Sparks Controversy
- Iowa evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats endorses Ron DeSantis over Trump, causing a stir.
- Donald Trump alleges Vander Plaats of 'scamming' following his endorsement of Ron DeSantis.
- Vander Plaats, influential among Republican voters in Iowa, becomes a key figure in the presidential race.
- DeSantis also gains support from Iowa's Republican governor, Kim Reynolds.
Hillary Clinton Blasts Trump's Plan to Run as Abortion ‘Moderate’: Hillary Clinton blasted Trump’s efforts to rebrand as an abortion “moderate” following ...
DeSantis, Haley and Ramaswamy will appear in northwest Iowa days after a combative GOP debate
AP African American course updated with key changes pushed by DeSantis: The course is expected to launch nationally for the 2024-25 school year.
What to know about the fourth GOP debate: The fourth GOP presidential debate Wednesday will feature the smallest stage yet, with only a handful of candidates set ...
'Not normal times': Here's why the Republican primary is a referendum on Joe Biden, not Donald Trump
Quick Glance: Unusual Times: Why the Republican Primary is a Referendum on Joe Biden, Not Donald Trump
- The Republican primary should focus on Donald Trump, but candidates are reluctant to attack him to avoid alienating voters.
- Republican candidate Chris Christie, who has criticized Trump, has little support in the polls.
- Fear of a political backlash is preventing challengers from attacking Trump.
- So far, attacks on Trump have strengthened him politically.
Ron DeSantis and Vivek Ramaswamy accused Nikki Haley of being politically owned by her donors.
Trump labels DeSantis ‘Absentee Governor of Florida’: Former President Trump slammed fellow 2024 GOP presidential candidate Ron DeSantis early Wednesday morning ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!