News articles on this subject
In Pics | Dignitaries, family members gather to remember former first lady Rosalynn Carter
Quick Glance: Rosalynn Carter's Funeral in Hometown
- Funeral held at Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Georgia
- Pastor Tony Lowden highlights her global humanitarian work
- Jimmy Carter leaves hospice to attend the memorial service
- Family and friends share affectionate stories and anecdotes
Nick Saban says cell number leaked, gets hundreds of hate calls after Alabama’s CFP berth
Woman tried to burn down the Martin Luther King Jr. birth home in Atlanta with gasoline, police say
Quick Glance: MLK Birth Home Saved from Arson Attack
- The historic house where Dr. King spent his early years is a significant cultural landmark.
- Law enforcement responded to the vandalism in the Auburn Avenue Historic District on Thursday evening.
- A video footage captured a person pouring a flammable substance on the porch and windows of the house.
- The suspect underwent a psychiatric evaluation before being taken to the local jail.
Goodman: The case for an Alabama team that can’t be denied: A team of destiny did it again.
Ashanti is pregnant, expecting her first baby with Nelly: report: Ashanti and Nelly are reportedly expecting their first child together.
Alabama’s in CFP: Reaction fast, furious from Herbstreit to Kanell, former players, more
Nick Saban calls Pat McAfee ‘crazy’ for calling the Dawgs before picking Alabama: The ESPN analyst had the fans in Atlanta going prior to the SEC Championship ...
The confession of a former Alabama naysayer: Alabama's return to the Rose Bowl felt impossible in mid-September. Take a trip back to rock bottom where ...
Clark Howard’s heart surgery goes well, his wife said: The podcast and TV consumer rights advocate Clark Howard made it through aortic valve replacement surgery ...
Clark Howard getting aortic valve replacement surgery: Atlanta veteran TV and podcast host Clark Howard is undergoing heart surgery on Dec. 6.
Georgia coach Kirby Smart: Bulldogs should make College Football Playoff: Georgia’s loss to Alabama on Saturday clouded what could have been a seemingly easy ...
Quick Glance: Florida State AD and Coach Criticize Playoff Committee
- FSU excluded from playoff despite undefeated season, Alford calls it a committee failure.
- Texas (12-1) and Alabama (12-1) leapfrog FSU in playoff rankings to enter the top four.
- Alford warns of destructive consequences of giving in to a narrative of the moment and the damage to the legitimacy of the College Football Playoff.
- Travis' absence changed the committee's view of FSU, despite injuries being allowed in playoff considerations.
Breaking: U.S. Soccer selects Fayette County as its new home: The headquarters with a training center to built near Trilith Studios.
Quick Glance: U.S. Soccer Chooses Fayette County for New Facility
- The United States Soccer Federation plans to purchase a site in Fayette County for its new National Training Center and headquarters.
- Fayette County was identified as a potential location by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution in October.
- Arthur Blank, owner of Atlanta United and the Falcons, donated $50 million towards the project.
- Coca-Cola, headquartered in Atlanta, was also announced as a founding partner.
Georgia Republicans approve new map that protects their advantage in state’s congressional delegation
Trump attorney says trial during campaign would be 'election interference' if he is GOP nominee
3 dead, including mother and teen son, in crash near Lawrenceville: A 9-year-old was the lone survivor after a crash between an SUV and a motorcycle near ...
SEC says controversial Alabama reception at end of first half was reviewed: The play was a fourth-down catch by Alabama receiver Isaiah Bond .
Hampshire country pub The King Charles wins the Griffin Trophy: A KINGS Worthy pub has been named as the best country/village pub in Fuller’s Pub of the Year ...
Late Lynyrd Skynyrd Guitarist’s Georgia Home Lists For $12 Million: Rock legend Gary Rossington, a founding member of the rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd ...
Melania Trump joins first ladies at Rosalynn Carter memorial: Melania Trump made a rare public appearance to mourn former first lady Rosalynn Carter at a tribute ...
Puerto Rico deserves statehood now: Congress can and must take action to right a historic wrong of American colonialism
Family of Former First Lady Says Goodbye in Her Georgia Church: Rosalynn Carter’s intimate funeral was held at the Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains, Ga. ...
Santos expelled, eight of 14 Georgia lawmakers vote to oust him: The U.S. House has voted to expel Rep. George Santos, R-New York, with eight of 14 members of ...
Quick Glance: George Santos Expelled from Congress
- House vote: New York Republican George Santos expelled.
- Santos, sixth member expelled in a Congress vote.
- Over 100 Republicans voted with Democrats for Santos' expulsion.
- Santos to be replaced in special election, date not set.
Michigan No. 1 in AP college football poll for first time in 26 seasons: Michigan received 51 first-place votes.
Protester sets self on fire outside Israeli consulate in Atlanta, suffers critical burns
Quick Glance: Self-Immolation Outside Israeli Consulate in Atlanta
- A person is in critical condition after setting themselves on fire outside the Israeli consulate in Atlanta.
- Police don't believe the incident is related to terrorism.
- The incident occurred outside the building, and consulate staff were not in danger.
- The community is safe, according to the police chief.
Woman arrested for attempted arson of birthplace of Martin Luther King Jr.: Video shot by a witness and broadcast by local television stations shows a young ...
Judge blasts 'nonsense' claim by Rudy Giuliani ahead of election worker defamation trial
Atlanta in top 5 of nation’s most fun cities, analysis finds: Are we having fun yet? According to WalletHub’s analysis, the answer most likely is yes.
Texas judge grants pregnant woman permission to get an abortion despite state’s ban
‘New Year’s Rockin’ Eve’ to feature Atlantans Janelle Monáe, Ludacris: Two major Atlanta musical artists and actors Janelle Monáe and Ludacris will be performing ...
Rosalynn Carter’s Life in Photos: She rose to become the most politically active first lady since Eleanor Roosevelt. Yet her life began and ended dozens of miles ...
Food and pickleball concept Pickle and Social opens in Gwinnett County: Pickle and Social, metro Atlanta’s newest “eatertainment” concept, will offer six indoor ...
The final hours of Rosalynn Carter’s life, in the town where it began: The 96-year-old former first lady will be buried next week after services in Atlanta and ...
Quick Glance: The Final Moments of Rosalynn Carter's Life
- Rosalynn Carter's health declined as Jimmy Carter sat by her side.
- Jimmy Carter expressed his love and gratitude to his wife.
- He was seen praying.
- Jimmy Carter now lies beside his wife in the hospital bed, allowing them to see and talk to each other.
Amazon looks to grow in Florida as Bezos moves to Miami: Amazon is searching for 50,000 square feet of office space in the Miami area.
Rosalynn Carter Helped Shape the Role of the Modern First Lady: Mrs. Carter transformed the unelected, unpaid and sometimes unappreciated position of first lady ...
Quick Glance: Jimmy Carter Faces Life Alone After Rosalynn's Passing
- Rosalynn Carter, aged 90, underwent major surgery in Atlanta.
- The surgeon warned Jimmy Carter about the dangers of the operation due to Rosalynn's advanced age.
- After learning of Rosalynn's survival, Jimmy made the decision to retire and spend time with her.
- This marked the moment when he truly retired from executive meetings at the Carter Center.
Don’t short-change students: Keep sociology | Letters to the editor: A reader is distressed to learn about the state's decision to reduce emphasis on ...
TSA breaks daily passenger record during Thanksgiving weekend: TSA screened just over 2.9 million passengers on Sunday.
Severe burns: Person sets himself on fire in front of Israel's Consulate General in Atlanta
OPINION: Rosalynn Carter’s quiet confidence led to big accomplishments: Rosalynn Carter was born during a time and in a place where many women didn’t assert ...
WATCH: Memorial service for Rosalynn Carter, with Jimmy Carter and Bidens attending
HAPPENING NOW: Young Thug's racketeering trial continues in Atlanta, Georgia. The rapper has pleaded not guilty on gang-related charges. abcnews.go.com/US/opening-statements-set-begin-young-thugs-racketeering-trial/story?id=105165574
Former Donald Trump Aide Stunned by His 'Lack of Sharpness' at Rally: In a CNN appearance, Alyssa Farah Griffin reacted to the former president's latest rally in ...
In photos: Former first lady Rosalynn Carter’s tribute and memorial service: The three-day tribute includes Tuesday’s invitation-only service that all living ...
Brad Nessler ignores Gary Danielson's handshake attempt in awkward moment during SEC on CBS signoff
‘Stone Speaks’ brings augmented reality to Piedmont Park with a bang: This story was originally published by ArtsATL.
Here’s what happened at Usher’s final show in Las Vegas : For the past two years, Usher has become the king of Las Vegas with a show-stopping residency that ...
Jamie Foxx marks his remarkable recovery and ‘new respect for life’ following health crisis
Quick Glance: Emotional Return: Jamie Foxx after Health Crisis
- Jamie Foxx made his first public appearance on Monday since his mysterious medical emergency in April.
- Reflecting on his health battle, he emphasized not wishing it on anyone else.
- In his speech on Monday, he became emotional and then quickly made fun of the internet conspiracy theories about his illness.
- He ended his speech by saying that six months ago he couldn't imagine this happening or that he would be here.
Georgia lawmakers gather for a judge-ordered assignment: Make new political maps: A special legislative session begins in Georgia to redraw the state's political ...
Fani Willis Closes In On 'Direct Evidence' Against Donald Trump: Trump's attorney Kenneth Chesebro may testify against Donald Trump in the Atlanta prosecutor's ...
Marty Krofft, creator of whimsical kids’ TV shows, has died at age 86: Marty Krofft, co-creator of such whimsical kids television shows as “The Banana Splits ...
Quick Glance: Legendary TV Producer Marty Krofft Dies at 86
- Legendary TV producer Marty Krofft, known for series like 'Pufnstuf' and 'Donny and Marie', has passed away at the age of 86.
- Krofft was often referred to as the King of Saturday Mornings and made a name for himself in the 1970s with Sid & Marty Pictures.
- With a career spanning over 50 years, Krofft produced quality family entertainment, including 'Pryor's Place', 'Donny and Marie', 'The Bugaloos' and 'Barbara Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters'.
- Together with his brother Sid, Krofft received the Lifetime Achievement Emmy Award in 2018 and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2020.
Quick Glance: Google to Pay $100 Million Annually to Canadian News Publishers
- Canada and Google strike deal to keep news in search results.
- Google to pay C$100 million annually to news publishers in Canada.
- Canada's Online News Act requires large internet companies to share advertising revenue with news publishers.
- Facebook has already blocked news sharing in Canada while Google has reached an agreement.
Trump disputes need for gag order in NY civil fraud trial: Defense attorney Chris Kise said Monday that his team plans to call Trump to testify on Dec. 11.
Georgia legislators take steps to approve new maps: A floor vote for both the House and Senate maps can happen as early as Monday
Georgia advances congressional maps in favor of GOP despite concerns over law: Republican lawmakers in Georgia pushed forward Tuesday with a congressional map ...
Georgia’s defense feels there’s more work to do after defeating Georgia Tech: Georgia Tech quarterback Haynes King searched for an option on a third-and-7 in the ...
Family of missing Brunswick fishermen ends private search efforts: After over a month of searching, family of missing Georgia fishermen —Caleb Wilkinson ...
US gas prices have fallen or remained steady for 10 weeks straight. Here's why: NEW YORK (AP) — It's not just you. Across the U.S., prices at the pump have ...
Louisiana candidate wins by 1 vote in Caddo Parish Sheriff election: In the northwest corner of Louisiana, a candidate for parish sheriff is demanding a recount ...
Michigan takes care of business in Big Ten title game, could be CFP's No. 1: The Big 10 Championship went about as expected on Saturday night ...
Georgia DA Fani Willis appears in court to argue that Trump co-defendant's bond should be revoked
Quick Glance: DA Fani Willis Appears in Court for Bond Revocation
- Fani Willis makes rare court appearance to argue for revocation of co-defendant's bond.
- Willis presents the case against Harrison Floyd and argues for bond revocation due to violations.
- Willis demonstrates Floyd's contact with witnesses and co-defendants as a violation of his bond.
- Floyd's attorneys claim Willis' allegations are without merit and retaliatory.
SEC Championship game to remain in Atlanta through at least 2031: The SEC Championship game isn’t going anywhere.
Biden administration announces $1.5 million to study Georgia passenger rail routes
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!