News articles on this subject
Shane MacGowan, irascible frontman of The Pogues, has died at age 65: Shane MacGowan was a famously hard-drinking but brilliant musician who shot to fame in the ...
Quick Glance: Pogues Frontman Shane MacGowan Passes Away at 65
- The frontman of The Pogues, Shane MacGowan, has passed away at the age of 65.
- In recent years, MacGowan had been battling various health issues and was recently treated for an infection in Dublin.
- Thanks to the 1987 hit Fairytale Of New York, the Irish star will forever be associated with the festive season.
- MacGowan was known as a punk rebel and for his excessive lifestyle, which also took a toll on his health.
Ireland Prime Minister Leo Varadkar's Post About Emily Hand Sparks Backlash: Varadkar's post seemingly echoed a Bible verse, but nonetheless drew scorn from ...
Quick Glance: Emily Hand Recovering After Hostage Ordeal
- Emily Hand's father says she is doing better than expected after being released by Hamas.
- Irish-Israeli Emily was one of 17 hostages handed over on Saturday.
- Her father, Thomas Hand, mentioned her significant weight loss.
- 54 hostages were released by Hamas and 117 prisoners were freed by the Israeli government.
'Something has to change': How former OSU players are reacting to Ohio State vs. Michigan
Marvin Harrison Jr. named Big Ten offensive player of the year, wide receiver of the year
Paul Lynch wins Booker Prize with 'Prophet Song,' novel set in dystopian version of Ireland
Quick Glance: Booker Winner Paul Lynch on Fascist Ireland Novel
- Lynch shares personal challenges while writing Booker Prize-winning novel Prophet Song.
- Prior to writing the novel, Lynch spent months writing 'the wrong book'.
- Prophet Song was labeled an experiment in radical empathy and avoids political specifics.
- The novel portrays personal impacts of political conflicts and the reoccurrence of apocalyptic ideas in history.
Ohio State loses the rushing battle and the game to Michigan for third year in a row
Ohio State drops to No. 6 in College Football Playoff rankings after loss at Michigan
Behind Bruce Thornton, Ohio State blitzes Alabama, rolls to win in Emerald Coast Classic
Ireland expected to deliver more houses while construction rates across Europe plummet, report shows
Ryanair Chief O’Leary blasts Irish state response to Dublin Riots: Government response to addressing factors behind violence has been slow and tardy ...
Ohio State's Eichenberg, Tuimoloau and Burke earn first-team All-Big Ten defense honors
Ex-Michigan staffer Connor Stalions purchased tickets to 12 Ohio State home football games
Fintan O'Toole: These pitiful thugs do not act for us, speak for us, or burn buses for us
How Ohio State fans are reacting to OSU loss to Michigan: 'Lou Holtz was right': Here's how Ohio State football fans are reacting to the Buckeyes' third-straight ...
2024 5-star DL Justin Scott flips commitment from Ohio State to Miami: Ohio State football lost a major commitment in the 2024 recruiting class.
Are Buckeyes ready to kick some...? 'Twas the night before Ohio State vs. Michigan
The Monday After: As the heat is turned up on Ohio State's Ryan Day, don't blame him if he looks for a way out
Emotional scenes as over 200 Irish troops land in Dublin airport from Lebanon: Over 200 Irish troops from the 122nd Infantry Battalion, United Nations Interim ...
Dublin stabbings hero Caio Benicio vows to help family of gravely injured child ‘in any way I can’
Ireland used new EU alert as riots broke out in Dublin: Ireland was the first member state to trigger an alert under the EU's powerful new legislation on ...
College Football Playoff rankings prediction: Does Ohio State fall behind Oregon?
J.J. McCarthy’s Touchdown Dart Against Ohio State Sparks Debate After Questionable Review
Ohio State takes 'learning step' against Central Michigan: 6 takeaways: Learning steps, Felix Okpara's rebounding, Bruce Thornton's scoring and more takeaways ...
Michigan WR Roman Wilson takes apparent dig at Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State: 'You're not tough'
Emily Hand's father says daughter speaks only in a whisper after being held hostage by Hamas
5-star DL Justin Scott leaves Ohio State's 2024 class for Miami. What does it mean for OSU?
Ohio State football's Omari Abor plans to enter transfer portal: Ohio State defensive end Omari Abor plans to enter the NCAA transfer portal when the winter ...
Ohio brewery to release 'Stealing Signs' beer Friday ahead of Michigan-Ohio State game
Ohio State beats Michigan! (in annual blood drive battle): The Ohio State University has beaten the University of Michigan -- in the 42nd annual blood drive ...
Irish-Israeli girl Emily Hand reunites with father after 50 days in captivity: Irish-Israeli girl Emily Hand (9) has been reunited with her father Thomas after ...
Ohio State Legend Maurice Clarett Recruits Texas QB Arch Manning to Buckeyes: Ohio State’s former running back Maurice Clarett put on his recruitment hat in ...
Ohio State vs. Michigan was most-watched edition of 'The Game' since 2006: The Michigan-Ohio State game in Ann Arbor was the most watched edition of "The Game" ...
Attitudes to English people living in Ireland: ‘I’d never, ever watch sport in public’
Stella McCartney, Veuve Clicquot Create 'Leather' from Champagne Waste: Stella McCartney has worked with Veuve Clicquot on a material made from grape stems ...
Ohio State Assistant Coach Allegedly Posts Insulting Response to Michigan’s Roman Wilson
Irish ambassador to Israel expresses ‘surprise’ over reaction to Leo Varadkar tweet
Pickerington's Sonny Styles blossoms into star for Ohio State, relishes chance in The Game
5 things to know about the riots in Dublin: Protesters in Dublin began rioting and attacking police earlier this week, after three children were injured in a ...
Center Parcs secures approval for €100m extension to its Longford Forest resort: Its initial investment of €233m in the development of Longford Forest was the ...
Ohio State Coach Ryan Day ‘Has a Michigan Problem,’ Kirk Herbstreit Admits: The beleaguered Buckeyes boss dropped to 1–3 against the Wolverines Saturday.
Dublin Violence Brings Shame on Ireland, Prime Minister Varadkar Says: Officials have condemned violence that broke out in the capital after a knife attack ...
Quick Glance: Chaos in Dublin: Deliveroo Driver Turns Hero
- Cleanup after train fire in Dublin
- Driver thwarts knife attack in Dublin
- Report from BBC News NI political editor in Dublin
- Inspection of damaged tram in Dublin
LISTEN | We need days like Black Friday in this economy, say customers: Black Friday buyers did not waste time on Friday as more than 160,000 transactions were ...
Quick Glance: Black Friday Disappoints UK Shoppers
- Sales in cash terms are expected to be on a par with 2022, but prices are higher due to inflation, meaning fewer items will be sold.
- Online activity was flat and footfall at shopping destinations was down by more than 5%.
- Black Friday is no longer a single-day event, but now starts in November and runs for several weeks.
- Some retailers saw a slight uplift, but sales are only expected to increase by 0.4% over last year, according to analysis by GlobalData for Vouchercodes.co.uk.
Richard Hogan: The Dublin riots show the need for societal change: "It was not a demonstration, it was an assault on democracy. It was the expression ...
Shane MacGowan, 65, shares health update after five months in hospital: Shane MacGowan - the lead singer behind The Pogues hit song Fairytale of New York Shane - ...
Facebook parent’s Irish operation paid €3.7 billion dividend last year: Meta Platforms Ireland Ltd accounted for more than half the social media giant’s global ...
‘With my surname, everyone assumed I was German and fluent in the language. I hadn’t a word’
Ohio State legend Maurice Clarett: Ryan Day's 'gotta go' after loss to Michigan: Buckeyes icon Maurice Clarett thinks it's time for a change in management ...
A grand match: Irish women and Aussie Rules are going very well together : Four Irish players will be in action when North Melbourne face Brisbane in Sunday’s ...
‘It’s hard to find an existing society better’ than this east coast Irish town" says anthropologist Daniel Miller. 👉The Dublin village is a family ... Show more
Quick Glance: Unbelievable: 'Finding a Better Place is Hard'
- Anthropologist discovers it's hard to find a better society than this Dublin suburb.
- Residents of Cuan are simply besotted by their town and often describe it as 'heaven'.
- It's a family-friendly place with high quality of life but without major wealth.
- The researcher acknowledges the overrepresentation of older people and addresses issues like housing and depression.
Dublin riot instigators ‘exploited’ Irish language to evade online moderators: Ireland enlisted EU officials to approach social media giants in first use of new ...
What led to the Dublin riots and what does it mean for Ireland? : Anti-immigrant sentiment has been building in Ireland over the past few years ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!