News articles on this subject
Trump dominates GOP field while campaigning less than foes: The former president held fewer events than most all of his GOP foes, according to a Washington Post ...
Ron DeSantis Is Plummeting Because He Won’t Choose a Lane: The Florida governor seems to have no purpose. He’s still harping on culture war stuff no one cares ...
DeSantis faces decisive moment with GOP debate: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is facing a make-or-break moment in next week’s second Republican presidential ...
DeSantis is in growing trouble. He’s betting big on Iowa to rescue him. : Ron DeSantis is banking heavily on evangelical Christians, far-flung campaigning and ...
‘Waiting for him to drop out’: DeSantis’ influence nosedives in Florida: Some party members view the once-powerful governor as weakened amid his campaign ...
DeSantis talks Trump, Black history, Disney, state of GOP primary and more: In a wide-ranging interview, the GOP hopeful defended his record.
New Trump campaign ad hits DeSantis with subtle, mocking cameos : A new ad released by former President Trump’s 20204 reelection campaign seems innocent at first ...
DeSantis ‘on life support’ in N.H., plummets in new poll: The Florida governor is down 32 percentage points from January in a new poll.
DeSantis is betting his presidential bid on Iowa. Will it work?: A pro-DeSantis super PAC has spent nearly $17 million promoting DeSantis in Iowa ...
DeSantis Fumbles the Bag: Drops 13 Points in New GOP Primary Poll: Ron DeSantis' odds at dethroning Donald Trump atop the GOP primaries have plummeted in ...
Trump’s hold on GOP presidential race squeezes out DeSantis, even in Florida: DeSantis’ hold over the party in Florida, once almost absolute, could be weakening ...
DeSantis plummets in New Hampshire in new CNN poll: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) saw his support in New Hampshire tumble as some of his GOP rivals’ numbers ...
DeSantis' Promise of $2 Gasoline by 2025 Should Terrify Texas: The US has seen pump prices average $2 a gallon on a nominal basis three times in the past 15 ...
Ron DeSantis swings through Texas to refuel presidential campaign: The Florida governor touted the oil and gas industry Wednesday as tried to build momentum for ...
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis budgets $1 million for lawsuit to fight ‘really poor decision’ on CFP
'The Daily Show' Just Destroyed Ron DeSantis: Ron DeSantis spoke in the fourth GOP debate Wednesday in Alabama and has been mocked online for looking ...
Nikki Haley’s Moment: The former U.N. ambassador seems poised to become Donald J. Trump’s principal rival in the Republican primary.
Six fake Donald Trump electors, indicted by Nevada grand jury: A Nevada grand jury has indicted six Nevada GOP members who submitted a document to Congress ...
Quick Glance: Nevada Indicts 6 Republicans as Fake Trump Electors
- A Nevada investigation led to the indictment of six Republicans who falsely declared Donald Trump the winner of the 2020 presidential election in their state.
- The fake electors, involved in the state GOP or Clark County GOP, have been charged with offering a false instrument for filing and uttering a forged instrument.
- The indictments in Nevada are just the latest in a series of investigations in several states into the activities of Republican electors.
- Democratic attorneys general in New Mexico and Arizona are also examining the role of fake electors in their states.
DeSantis and Newsom lob insults and talk some policy in an unusual debate: In an alternate reality, the prime-time showdown between California Democratic Gov ...
Quick Glance: Key Points in DeSantis-Newsom Debate on Fox
- DeSantis and Newsom will participate in a 90-minute debate titled 'DeSantis vs. Newsom: The Great Red vs. Blue State Debate,' moderated by Fox News host Sean Hannity.
- Both governors have developed a growing rivalry over the past months and may use the debate to boost their political careers.
- Expect personal attacks between Newsom and DeSantis, as they have criticized each other in the past.
- The outcome of the debate could impact the perception of Florida and California, as both governors have clashed over various political issues.
Trump will hold a fundraiser instead of appearing at next week's GOP presidential debate
Quick Glance: Trump's Fundraiser Choice Over GOP Debate
- Former President Donald Trump will not participate in the GOP presidential debate next week but will instead attend a fundraiser in Florida.
- Trump has opted to skip his party's previous primary debates, citing his dominant lead in early state and national polls.
- During the last debate, Trump held a rally in Hialeah, a Miami suburb, which felt like the main event in many ways.
- Instead of participating in the second debate, he traveled to Michigan to speak out against President Joe Biden at an auto-parts manufacturing plant during an autoworkers' strike.
Pro-DeSantis Blog The Florida Standard to Shut Down: The Florida Standard, a right-wing blog with close ties to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis ...
Liz Cheney is back and unloading on the current leaders of her ancestral GOP : There is no good time for a book as critical of one's own party as Oath and Honor ...
Trump’s ‘dictator’ remark jolts the 2024 campaign — and tests his GOP rivals on debate day
Quick Glance: Trump Doesn't Rule Out Power Abuse
- Trump declines to rule out abusing power upon return to the White House
- Biden warns that Trump is determined to destroy American democracy
- Trump refuses to promise he would never abuse power to seek retribution
- Hannity solely questions Trump in an interview differing from the typical town hall format with audience questions
Christie Tries and Fails to Make DeSantis Say Trump’s Too Old for Second Term: “Why doesn’t he just answer the question?” the former New Jersey governor groused ...
Democracy is at stake if Trump is reelected, Liz Cheney warns in her new book: Liz Cheney's book Oath and Honor: A Memoir and a Warning slams Trump's efforts to ...
Quick Glance: Liz Cheney Considers Third Party, Warns of Trump-led Threat
- Liz Cheney, once a rising GOP leader, is ready to create a new third party or run for president with one.
- She hopes to play a role in establishing a new conservative party, as restoring the current Republican Party seems impossible.
- Cheney is open to joining a bipartisan ticket in the next election to include both Republicans and Democrats.
- She warns of Trump as an existential threat and suggests that a third party could provide voters with an alternative.
Mega-donors shake up GOP presidential race ahead of Iowa caucuses: The network backed by the Koch family announced Tuesday that it is endorsing Nikki Haley.
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Florida GOP chair defies DeSantis, won’t step down as new details of sexual assault allegation emerge
Quick Glance: Investigation of Florida GOP Chairman
- Police in Sarasota, Florida, are conducting an investigation involving the Florida GOP Chairman, as confirmed by his attorney and a police report.
- Sarasota police confirmed the activity of the investigation without confirming details.
Romney says any Democrat would be ‘an upgrade’ over Trump in 2024: Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) signaled that nearly any candidate in the 2024 field ...
Quick Glance: Romney Prefers Any Democrat Over Trump in 2024
- Republican Senator Mitt Romney signaled that almost any candidate in the 2024 field, regardless of party, would be an 'upgrade' over another term for former President Trump.
- Romney stated that he would be happy to support and vote for almost any Republican, as well as for some Democrats.
- After Romney announced that he will not seek reelection, this sparked a wave of gloating insults from Trump and his allies.
DeSantis on Iowa caucus: ‘We’re going to win’: GOP presidential candidate Ron DeSantis is confident in winning the upcoming Iowa caucus despite former President ...
Biden says that 'if Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running': President Joe Biden said on Tuesday that his re-election campaign was prompted in part by ...
Quick Glance: Biden Contemplates 2024 Run, Cites Trump as Motivation
- Biden mentioned that he might not run again if not for the unique threat posed by Donald Trump to the United States.
- Biden stated that he would not drop out of the race if Trump stopped seeking his own second term.
- During his 2020 presidential campaign, Biden often cited Trump's handling of issues as part of his decision to run.
- Biden faces limited competition for his party's nomination and is positioning Trump as a danger to democracy itself.
Christie says Trump’s ‘intolerant language and conduct’ contribute to rise in antisemitism
Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
Trump appeals ruling denying his immunity claims in his federal election interference case
‘Test case’ for America: Colorado’s top court poised to weigh Trump’s eligibility to run again
Quick Glance: Colorado Supreme Court to Decide on Trump's Ballot Removal
- Oral arguments set for Wednesday afternoon before Colorado Supreme Court regarding Trump's role in the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol
- Denver district court judge ruled Trump not disqualified under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment despite involvement in insurrection
- Trump also appealed judge's finding of culpability in Capitol attack
- Dozens of lawsuits filed this year to prevent Trump from running for president again
Senate anti-Trump GOP see Haley as best hope to avoid disaster: Senate Republicans who are concerned about former President Donald Trump’s viability in a general ...
Pence’s notes show VP initially didn’t want to preside over Jan. 6 electoral count: report
Quick Glance: Report: Pence's Hesitation to Preside Over Jan. 6 Electoral Count Revealed
- Mike Pence initially did not want to preside over the count of electoral votes on Jan. 6, 2021, amid pressure from Trump to overturn the election results.
- Investigations by special counsel Jack Smith show that Pence left personal notes indicating his initial reluctance to preside over the count of electoral votes.
- Pence told investigators that his loyalty to Trump never wavered at the time.
- Pence was also questioned about his recent memoir, detailing conversations with Trump about certifying the votes, including an investigation into the placement of a comma in one section of the book, which Pence deemed a mistake.
Biden job approval hits new low, Trump takes lead in hypothetical 2024 matchup: WSJ poll
Christie faces growing GOP pressure to drop out: ‘He’s dividing the vote’: Pressure is growing on former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to drop out of the GOP ...
In Countdown to Iowa, Trump Is Coasting, as DeSantis and Haley Clash: The former president’s chief rivals are running low on time to make a statement in Iowa’s ...
Evangelical Leader Takes on Trump in Brutal Tirade: Bob Vander Plaats let loose on the former president, saying Iowa will “rise up” against him in 2024.
Quick Glance: Trump's Accusation Sparks Controversy
- Iowa evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats endorses Ron DeSantis over Trump, causing a stir.
- Donald Trump alleges Vander Plaats of 'scamming' following his endorsement of Ron DeSantis.
- Vander Plaats, influential among Republican voters in Iowa, becomes a key figure in the presidential race.
- DeSantis also gains support from Iowa's Republican governor, Kim Reynolds.
A messy contest is coming to a head behind Donald Trump: Our poll tracker sheds light on that competition. It may yet matter
Biden says he's 'not the only one who can defeat' Trump : President Joe Biden said Wednesday that he didn't think he was the only Democrat who could prevail over ...
Liz Cheney's 'Oath and Honor' spotlights dangers of a potential 2nd Trump presidency
Trump widens lead over DeSantis in new national poll: Former President Trump has widened his lead over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) in a new national poll of ...
Haley leads Biden by 4 points in 2024 match-up, but falls short of Trump: Poll: GOP presidential hopeful Nikki Haley leads President Biden in a hypothetical ...
What to know about the fourth GOP debate: The fourth GOP presidential debate Wednesday will feature the smallest stage yet, with only a handful of candidates set ...
Biden to take on Boebert, House GOP’s economic vision in Colorado remarks: President Joe Biden on Wednesday will seek to contrast his economic vision with that ...
Quick Glance: Biden Calls Out Boebert as Leader of 'MAGA Movement' in Colorado
- Biden singles out Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as a leader of the 'MAGA movement' during his visit to her congressional district.
- Biden visits wind tower manufacturer CS Wind in Pueblo, Colo., emphasizing Boebert's role in the 'MAGA movement'.
- Biden mentions Boebert as one of the leaders of the extreme 'MAGA movement' and highlights her voting record against the IRA.
- Biden joins CS Wind workers on stage, emphasizing the positive impact of the company on the population, including in Boebert's district.
DeSantis hits Trump for ‘out of bounds’ comments on his endorsements: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) denounced former President Trump’s attacks on top figures ...
Cheney warns that a vote for Trump ‘may mean the last election that you ever get to vote in’
Dean Phillips says ‘it’s delusional’ to think Biden can beat Trump: Rep. Dean Phillips (D-Minn.) on Saturday criticized President Biden for his recent poll ...
Quick Glance: Dean Phillips Opts Out of Congressional Reelection in 2024: 'Time for a New Generation'
- Democrat Dean Phillips is challenging President Joe Biden in the 2024 primary and is heeding his own advice to pass the torch.
- The 54-year-old Phillips will not seek reelection to the U.S. House and is opening up his congressional seat.
- Phillips is urging Biden to also forgo seeking reelection as both parties vie for control of Congress.
- As one of about a dozen lawmakers not seeking reelection next year, Phillips becomes part of the contest for congressional control.
Trump hits Christie after strong debate showing: ‘Not fit to run for President’: Former President Trump took a swing Friday at former New Jersey Gov ...
Haley gains momentum in bid to be GOP’s Trump alternative: Nikki Haley is seeing signs of growing support in her bid to be the main GOP primary alternative to ...
Donald Trump poses the biggest danger to the world in 2024: What his victory in America’s election would mean
Quick Glance: Donald Trump's Impact in 2024
- Trump is dominating the Republican primary, strengthening his position.
- A potential second term for Trump would be organized, retaliatory, and protectionist.
- Trump poses a threat not only to his own country but also to international politics.
- A Trump victory would have profound effects abroad as well.
Trump, allies fire back at media warnings of second-term dictatorship: Headlines blaring warnings about how a second Trump presidency could slip toward ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Potential for Authoritarian Rule
- There is a realistic threat for Trump to achieve authoritarian rule in the United States.
- Trump allies are openly developing a plan to transform a second term into full-blown autocracy.
- Election officials, Republican lawmakers, and former Trump advisors testified with exceptional courage, mobilizing many voters against election deniers in 2022.
- The national response to the antidemocratic threat of the Trump years was surprisingly positive - not only in terms of elections but also institutionally.
'Not normal times': Here's why the Republican primary is a referendum on Joe Biden, not Donald Trump
Quick Glance: Unusual Times: Why the Republican Primary is a Referendum on Joe Biden, Not Donald Trump
- The Republican primary should focus on Donald Trump, but candidates are reluctant to attack him to avoid alienating voters.
- Republican candidate Chris Christie, who has criticized Trump, has little support in the polls.
- Fear of a political backlash is preventing challengers from attacking Trump.
- So far, attacks on Trump have strengthened him politically.
Ron DeSantis Debates His Grievances: For Gavin Newsom, the TV exposure had a clear logic. But for the Florida governor, all that was apparent was his psychic ...
Ron DeSantis 2024 Presidential Campaign Never Caught Fire. Now It’s Catching Up to Him.
DeSantis Faces 'Do or Die' Battle That Could End His 2024 Chances—Karl Rove: The former senior official in George W. Bush's administration believes DeSantis ...
Where Are All the Anti-Trump Republicans?: A vast array of GOP power brokers detest and disdain the former president. So why are they keeping so quiet?
The Head of Ron DeSantis’s Never Back Down Super PAC Resigns: Chris Jankowski, the chief executive of the Never Back Down super PAC, stepped down as internal ...
Quick Glance: Head of Ron DeSantis Super PAC Resigns Amid Internal Disputes
- Chris Jankowski, CEO of Never Back Down PAC, resigns amidst internal disputes among Ron DeSantis supporters.
- DeSantis campaign and Never Back Down PAC push boundaries of traditional super PAC activities.
- Gov. Ron DeSantis travels across Iowa on PAC-funded bus.
- Presidential campaigns legally barred from coordinating with super PACs.
Billionaire GOP donor endorses Haley, says Trump’s time has ‘come and gone’: Home Depot co-founder and billionaire Ken Langone put his support behind GOP hopeful ...
The Hill’s latest rankings of the 2024 GOP presidential candidates: The Iowa caucuses are less than two months away, and Republican candidates are preparing ...
Quick Glance: Assessment of 2024 Republican Presidential Candidates
- A former president is dominating the nomination race.
- The favorite is clear and unreachable.
- Several polls indicate an advantage in a general election match-up.
- Haley firmly holds second place in New Hampshire.
Haley looks to rebound after lukewarm debate reception: Nikki Haley is seeking to rebound after a debate performance in Alabama that drew a mixed reception from ...
Donald Trump Rages at Bob Vander Plaats Snubbing Him—'What Is Going On?': The influential Iowa evangelical leader said he was endorsing Ron DeSantis for ...
Trump lawyers seek to probe U.S. handling of 2020 election fraud claims: New Trump court filing seeks evidence to relitigate debunked claims that election was ...
Nikki Haley has momentum, but can she pass DeSantis to take on Trump?: Polls show the former U.S. ambassador to be the strongest Republican nominee against Biden ...
Quick Glance: Haley Wins, Ramaswamy Loses Third Debate, Poll Shows
- Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley emerges as winner of third GOP presidential debate, according to poll.
- 34% of Republican voters rate Haley as best performer.
- Ron DeSantis takes second place with 23% of the votes.
- More than half of voters rate Haley's performance as excellent or very good.
Top Democratic donor gives $250k to support Nikki Haley, citing need to defeat Trump in primary
Quick Glance: Top Donor Backs Nikki Haley with $250k
- Reid Hoffman, co-founder of LinkedIn, donates $250k to a super PAC supporting Nikki Haley to stop Donald Trump in the primaries.
- Hoffman emphasizes that the primaries are the first of two chances to prevent Trump from winning the White House again.
- He still plans to vote for President Joe Biden, but his priority is to defeat Trump and uphold the integrity of the legal system.
- Hoffman supports Haley's candidacy despite policy disagreements because he sees her as the only realistic alternative to Trump.
Trump and Haley target DeSantis’ energy record with eyes on Iowa caucuses: Ginger Goepper only spoke to Ron DeSantis for 15 seconds in the summer of 2018 ...
Quick Glance: Trump and Haley Criticize DeSantis' Energy Policy
- Despite only speaking with Ron DeSantis for 15 seconds in the summer of 2018, Ginger Goepper secured a commitment that he would ban fracking in Florida if he became governor.
- The current ad campaign is the latest effort by DeSantis' Republican presidential rivals to target his energy record for Iowans ahead of the January caucuses.
- DeSantis has adopted positions on energy production reflective of the political philosophies that guided him at the time during his nearly 11-year tenure.
- Trump made ethanol subsidies a focal point of his efforts in Iowa even before DeSantis became a candidate.
For Tim Scott and his supporters, what’s next is unclear: Tim Scott’s sudden departure from the presidential race won’t come with an endorsement anytime soon ...
Quick Glance: Tim Scott Withdraws from 2024 GOP Presidential Race
- Seven candidates participated in the second Republican primary debate as former US President Donald Trump once again declined to participate.
- Republican presidential candidate and Senator from South Carolina, Tim Scott, announced his withdrawal from the primary race.
- Scott made the announcement on the Fox News program 'Sunday Night in America with Trey Gowdy.'
- The withdrawal came shortly after the third Republican primary debate, following Scott's temporary rise in early state polling during the summer.
Court ruling: Trump can run in Colorado primaries: Former US President Trump is in the middle of several court cases - now he has scored a victory in Colorado: ...
Quick Glance: Court Ruling: Trump Allowed to Run in Colorado Primaries
- Lawsuit against Trump's candidacy in Colorado dismissed.
- Former US President achieves legal victory.
- Court decision permits Trump to participate in Colorado primaries.
- Judge explains the reason behind Trump's legal win.
DeSantis, Haley and Ramaswamy will appear in northwest Iowa days after a combative GOP debate
Trump makes aggressive pitch to take young voters from Biden: Former President Trump on Wednesday urged younger voters to support him in next year’s election ...
Florida poll finds DeSantis plunge continues. Most voters see Biden, but not Trump, as ‘too old’ for presidency.
Donations to GOP drop as worries mount about the party’s finances: Donors have not cut as many large checks to the RNC in recent years, and the party’s ...
Biden campaign not yet committing to general election debates: President Biden’s reelection campaign isn’t yet committing to general election debates in a ...
Four Republicans will make the debate stage. Who’s in and who’s out?: Four candidates have qualified for the fourth Republican presidential debate ...
‘Tusca-losers’: Jimmy Kimmel jokes about GOP presidential debate in Alabama: The late night host made cracks about Chris Christie, Ron DeSantis ...
Fourth Republican presidential debate: where is it and who'll be there?: Four Republican presidential candidates are scheduled to face off in the fourth debate ...
The Undoing of the DeSantis Campaign: A bad week for Ron DeSantis is threatening to upend the Florida governor’s biggest campaign promise – that he can govern ...
The Trump Prosecutions Are Cause to Celebrate the Rule of Law: Compared with the mire of uncertainty in which the nation has wallowed for the past several years ...
Colorado judge rules to keep Trump on GOP primary election ballot : A lawsuit sought to bar Trump from the state’s Republican primary ballot.
Quick Glance: Judge Rules Trump Stays on Colorado Ballot Despite Involvement in Insurrection
- Colorado judge rejects attempt to remove Donald Trump from ballot due to his involvement in an insurrection.
- High-profile challenges against Trump backed by well-funded advocacy groups have so far failed.
- Judge decides Trump can remain on the ballot despite involvement in an insurrection.
- Colorado Secretary of State expects the case to go through the appeals process and will respect the ruling when the primary elections happen next year.
Republican candidates descend on western Iowa for Feenstra forum: Four Republican presidential candidates will participate in a forum in Iowa on Saturday with ...
Trump whistleblower running for key House seat: Vindman could become an asset in the Democratic party's attempt to make the 2024 election a referendum on Trump.
The 543 word editorial that may have just upended the presidential campaign: The post by Trump calling for Obamacare’s replacement has lit a fire under Biden’s ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!