News articles on this subject
Trump expands lead over Biden in 2024 match-up: Poll: Former President Trump’s lead over President Biden in a hypothetical 2024 match-up is growing ...
Federal judge prohibits separating migrant families at US border for 8 years: A federal judge is prohibiting the separation of families at the border for ...
Quick Glance: Federal Judge Blocks Family Separation at US Border for 8 Years
- A federal judge has prohibited the separation of families at the border for eight years to deter immigration.
- A court settlement in October between the Justice Department and families represented by the American Civil Liberties Union was tentatively approved.
George Conway Trolls Donald Trump After Hunter Biden Indictment: President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, was indicted on Thursday for tax evasion and filing a ...
Quick Glance: Hunter Biden Indicted on 9 Tax Offenses
- Court documents reveal: Hunter Biden indicted on nine tax offenses, including three felony counts.
- Charges include allegations of failure to pay taxes, failure to file tax returns, evasion of assessments, and submission of fraudulent forms.
- Indictment claims defendant spent millions on an extravagant lifestyle instead of paying taxes. Charges brought by special counsel David Weiss.
- White House declined to comment, referred NBC News to Hunter Biden's attorneys and the Justice Department.
Biden job approval hits new low, Trump takes lead in hypothetical 2024 matchup: WSJ poll
US Jobs Numbers Should Deter More Fed Rate Hikes, Biden Says: President Joe Biden said the Federal Reserve should be discouraged from raising interest rates ...
Taylor Swift is a business leader: Time CEO: Time magazine has named Taylor Swift its "Person of the Year" following her massive "The Eras Tour" success ...
Ousted former Speaker Kevin McCarthy endorses Trump for president in 2024: The ousted speaker said he and Trump are "very honest with one another."
Quick Glance: Former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to Leave Congress
- Former Speaker of the House, Kevin McCarthy, is leaving the House of Representatives in Washington
- McCarthy, 58, announced in a Wall Street Journal column that he will be leaving Congress after holding and then losing the role of speaker for nine months
- His departure could hamper the party's hopes of retaining the majority next year, as he played a significant role in helping Republicans take control of the House in 2022
- Although representing a safe Republican district in California, his departure will further narrow the already slim Republican majority early next year as Congress tries to avert a partial government shutdown in mid-January
Stock Market’s Last Decisive Moment of 2023 Fuels a Wall of Worry: Investors are facing a pivotal week as a key measure of inflation that hits Tuesday and the ...
Trump tops Biden head-to-head by 4 points in new poll: Only 37 percent approved of Biden’s job performance while 61 percent expressed unfavorable views of the ...
Biden pledges $8.2B for first U.S. high-speed rail system, new rail corridors - UPI.com
Quick Glance: Investment Boost for High-Speed Rail Network
- Three billion US dollars for Brightline West, a proposed high-speed rail line from Las Vegas to Southern California, were announced this week by the White House.
- Two high-speed rail projects in Nevada and California are receiving significant financial support from Washington.
- The Biden administration has pledged over 6 billion US dollars in federal funding for high-speed rail to close the gap between the US and other developed nations in fast and reliable passenger services.
- The allocated funds will be used for the construction of a 171-mile segment between Merced and Bakersfield in California's Central Valley.
Trump's campaign is distancing him from allies who have sketched out plans for a second term
Trump's Capitol Hill allies push part of his 2025 agenda: Trump's MAGA loyalists on in Congress aim to turn many of his campaign-rally talking points into law.
Trump lawyer says he will take stand in fraud trial regardless of gag order: Former President Trump’s attorney Alina Habba claimed Friday that her client would ...
Why Nikki Haley polls better against Joe Biden than Donald Trump does: A POLITICO analysis shows the former South Carolina governor is winning swaths of moderate ...
Trump gag order is partially upheld in Jan. 6 case: A federal appeals court panel has preserved most of a gag order on former President Donald Trump in his ...
Quick Glance: Court Preserves Trump Speech Restrictions
- A federal appeals court has preserved most of a speech restriction on former President Donald Trump in his election interference case.
- The court ruling would allow Trump to make public statements about the special counsel in the case, but not about other prosecutors, court staffers, or their family members if those remarks aim to interfere with their work.
- The appeals court ruling preserves the restrictions on Trump and other parties in the case from disparaging likely witnesses in the election interference case because of their expected testimony.
- The court stated that Trump does not enjoy unfettered rights to free speech like other criminal defendants.
Do You Have a Job In The US? How Labor Market Impacts American Employment: The US labor market is cooling. Have you been affected?
Battenfeld: Biden starts crucial part of re-election campaign bogged down by corruption charges
MacKenzie Scott donated $2 billion to charity this year—or a total of $16.5 billion since starting her quest to give away everything ‘until the safe is empty’
Brenda Lee's "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" gets Billboard No. 1: Lee's latest No. 1 is record-setting.
The Climate Transition Is in Trouble Thanks to Rates and the Right: The world’s transition to renewable energy remains a divisive issue in many nations despite ...
Kamala Harris breaks record for most tiebreaking Senate votes by VP: Harris broke a nearly 200-year-old record.
Quick Glance: Kamala Harris Sets VP Record for Most Senate Decisions
- Kamala Harris has shattered the record for most Senate decisions with 32 votes in just two and a half years.
- Harris plays a crucial role in a closely split Senate.
- The vice president serves as president of the Senate and has the right to cast deciding votes.
- Harris has also cast deciding votes for two major priorities of the Biden administration.
Private railway Brightline: First US high-speed train to connect Los Angeles with Las Vegas
Former police chief turned yoga teacher sentenced to 11 years over Jan. 6 riot: A retired police chief, who led pro-Trump protests and called for "traitors" in ...
Quick Glance: Former Police Chief Turned Yoga Teacher Sentenced to 11 Years Over Jan. 6 Riot
- Retired police chief Alan Hostetter sentenced to 11 years for obstructing the 2020 presidential election results certification.
- Hostetter led pro-Trump protests and was convicted for his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.
- Alan Hostetter was found guilty of obstructing Congress' certification of Joe Biden's electoral victory and disorderly conduct.
- Although joining the mob at the Capitol, Hostetter did not enter the building or assault police officers during the riot.
Appeals court largely upholds Trump’s federal gag order: A three-judge panel of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Trump’s complaints about free speech ...
Wall Street Week: Summers Sees ‘Tricky Situation’ on Multiple Fronts: Job numbers are favorable, he says, but they don’t make Fed’s job any easier
Billionaire GOP donor endorses Haley, says Trump’s time has ‘come and gone’: Home Depot co-founder and billionaire Ken Langone put his support behind GOP hopeful ...
London’s Near the Top of the Super-Prime Market. That’s News to Some Sellers: “I may sell my house next year,” said the woman battered by diamonds (to paraphrase ...
Trump hits Christie after strong debate showing: ‘Not fit to run for President’: Former President Trump took a swing Friday at former New Jersey Gov ...
Donald Trump: Concern about Trump's authoritarian rhetoric is growing: If he is re-elected, he openly threatens revenge against his opponents and is planning to ...
Federal judge prohibits Trump-era migrant family separation policy for 8 years: The federal government still can not confirm if more than 1,000 children have ...
Liz Cheney says she "won't do anything" to help Trump in 2024: The former vice chair of the House Jan. 6 committee has been outspoken against a second ...
US places rare visa travel restrictions on Israeli settlers implicated in West Bank violence
Surprise: Americans are starting to feel better about the economy and inflation: Much has been made about how Americans feel bad about the state of the economy ...
Seven delusions plaguing the mind of the Trump base voter: My safe 2024 prediction: The losing party will believe it is “the end of America.”
Hunter Biden says Republicans are trying to ‘kill me’ to destroy father’s presidency
Exclusive: Biden administration presses Congress to approve tank shells for Israel's war in Gaza
Biden forgives another $5 billion in student loans: That's $132 billion in student loan relief for over 3.6 million Americans.
Quick Glance: Government Erases 3.6 Million Student Loans
- New efforts announced by the U.S. Department of Education to aid borrowers affected by repayment program issues.
- Over 900,000 borrowers have had approximately $44 billion in federal student loan debts approved for erasure due to changes in income-driven repayment plans.
- Nearly 750,000 borrowers have now received up to $53.5 billion in relief through modifications to the previously troubled Public Service Loan Forgiveness plan.
- The Biden administration has approved the cancellation of almost $132 billion in federal student loan debts for more than 3.6 million Americans.
Our tracker of voters’ intentions shows the contest behind Trump: And what might happen if Trump dropped out
Conundrum of Covering Trump Lands at Univision’s Doorstep: When the U.S.’s largest Spanish-language network ran a friendly interview with the former president ...
Tillis touts $1B for Richmond-Raleigh rail line, thanks Buttigieg: The Biden administration pledged $1 billion for a new rail connection between Richmond, Va. ...
Trump campaign distances itself from report of second-term Cabinet contenders: The Trump campaign on Friday sought to distance itself from a report that ...
President Biden, aboard Air Force One, has touched down in LA: His first fundraiser, meanwhile, was scheduled to kick off in West L.A. Friday evening
Is the US economy on track for a 'soft landing'? Friday's jobs report may offer clues
Quick Glance: US Job Growth: 199K Added, Unemployment Falls
- Last month, US employers added a solid 199,000 jobs and the unemployment rate dropped.
- The unemployment rate fell from 3.9% to 3.7%, not far from a five-decade low in April.
- The unemployment rate has been below 4% for 22 months, the longest streak since the late 1960s.
- The economy and labor market are showing signs of slowing back to pre-pandemic levels as inflation decreases.
The situation in Ukraine: USA and Ukraine plan more arms cooperation: Amid concerns about further aid payments, the USA and Ukraine agree on closer cooperation ...
Will China leave behind its economic woes in 2024?: Xi Jinping must decide whether to set an ambitious growth target
Quick Glance: EU-China Summit: Focus on Balanced Trade Relations
- EU leaders hold summit with Beijing
- Europe calls for balanced trade relations with China
- China urges EU to avoid confrontations
- EU requests constructive engagement from China on Ukraine issue
Biden’s battleground states footprint (or lack thereof) leaves Dems concerned: The campaign is comfortable with its approach, which leans on the DNC and looks at ...
Who is Mark Scarsi, the judge assigned to Hunter Biden’s new tax charges case?: Scarsi, a Trump appointee, has served on the bench in the Central District of ...
Sinking Biden should trade secure border for Ukraine aid: It turns out Hispanics, too, dislike having their communities swarmed by people who are in the country ...
Exclusive: Pro-Trump lawyer Kenneth Chesebro cooperating in multiple state probes into 2020 fake electors plot
Wharton letter adds pressure on Penn president to resign: The governing body of the University of Pennsylvania's influential Wharton business school has joined a ...
Trump’s vow to only be a dictator on ‘day one’ follows growing worry over his authoritarian rhetoric
How to interview Trump while avoiding the mistakes of the past: The challenge with interviewing Trump is that his way of talking is fundamentally incompatible ...
Ukraine war - Situation in the morning: US dispute continues to block Ukraine aid
Quick Glance: Ukraine: Zelenskyy Cancels US Senators Briefing
- The Ukrainian President canceled a scheduled meeting with US senators.
- He was going to request continued military support due to the ongoing Russian invasion.
- The Biden administration urges Congress to approve nearly $106 billion for the war in Ukraine.
- A group of Republicans oppose further assistance, arguing that US funds should be spent at home.
Donald Trump Legal Move Spells 'Danger Dead Ahead,' Former Prosecutor Warns: Glenn Kirschner called the recent move on Friday a case of Trump "trying to act as a ...
Federal judge approves settlement barring migrant family separations: A federal judge approved a settlement that prohibits U.S. officials from separating migrant ...
Donald Trump's Inches Away From Losing His Historic Achievement: The unemployment rate in November fell to 3.7 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor ...
Tucker Carlson: ‘God would have to yell at me very loud’ to be Trump running mate
Diesel Goes Green While Stocks See Red: Renewable diesel for trucks is catching on in the two coasts. The trouble: Soaring supply has created a glut that has hit ...
Biden embraces power to break patents of costly drugs: Progressives have long advocated for so-called march-in rights to lower the price of drugs developed with ...
Quick Glance: US Policy Allows Seizure of Patents for Government-Funded Drugs
- The Biden Administration announced a new policy to seize patents for government-funded drugs if their prices are considered too high.
- The policy establishes a roadmap for the government's march-in rights, which have never been utilized before.
- It would enable the government to grant additional licenses to third parties for products developed using federal funds if the original patent holder does not make them available to the public on reasonable terms.
- The government will consider factors such as whether only a narrow set of patients can afford the drug, and whether drugmakers are exploiting a health or safety issue by hiking prices.
Haley looks to secure staying power as an ascendant Trump rival: Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley’s ascendancy in the GOP presidential race has brought new ...
The Trump Prosecutions Are Cause to Celebrate the Rule of Law: Compared with the mire of uncertainty in which the nation has wallowed for the past several years ...
Trump takes center stage at Biden fundraisers: Former President Trump is not yet the Republican nominee for 2024, but he’s the main character at President ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!