There is still a good year until the US election ...
Quick Glance: Gabriel warns of negative consequences of another Trump election
- A re-election of Trump would have serious consequences for Germany and Europe.
- Gabriel warns of negative impact on Ukraine in the event of Trump's re-election.
- Trump does not consider alliances like NATO as valuable.
- Germany and Europe are urged to prepare for difficult times in the event of a second Trump presidency.
Quick Glance: Five Indicators of Republican Electoral Setbacks
- Republicans have faced multiple electoral and legal defeats, raising concerns about their ability to regain the White House.
- A recent Harvard-Harris survey showed that Trump would have the support of 44 percent of Americans in a presidential election matchup against Biden, compared to just 40 percent for the incumbent. However, the GOP's national improvement has not translated into success at the state level, where the party suffered losses in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Florida.
- In August, Ohio voters rejected a Republican attempt to make it harder to protect abortion rights in the state constitution.
- In July, a court in New York ordered lawmakers to redraw electoral boundaries, which is expected to give Democrats an advantage in several more seats.
Until General Mark Milley, no chairman of the Joint Chiefs had confronted the possibility that the president might provoke a coup ... Show more
Quick Glance: The Patriot: Mark Milley's Defense of the Constitution
- How General Mark Milley defended the Constitution against Donald Trump
- According to Robert Gates, former Secretary of Defense under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, no Joint Chiefs chairman has ever faced the same test as Milley.
- Milley referred to Trump as crazy.
- Milley emphasized that apologies are demonstrations of strength.
Quick Glance: Lachlan Murdoch Inherits Global Media Empire
- Over a span of seven decades, Rupert Murdoch, 92, built a global media empire starting from a single Australian newspaper.
- The Murdoch family manages News Corporation and Fox Corporation through a family trust.
- The family trust holds nearly 40 percent of the voting shares in both companies.
- Rod Tiffen, an emeritus professor at the University of Sydney, criticizes Lachlan's ascent to the leadership of News Corporation and Fox Corporation.
Pop singer Heino caused a stir on Tuesday morning with an interview on Sat.1 breakfast television. The reason for the dispute? Heino had made derogatory ... Show more
Quick Glance: Heino triggers gender controversy on TV
- Heino discusses gendering and traditions.
- The broadcaster responds - show no longer accessible.
- Heino, at nearly 85, refuses to be dictated how to speak.
- Heino sings about his culture here.
Quick Glance: Ex-White House Staffer Accuses Giuliani of Sexual Assault
- Former Trump White House staffer Cassidy Hutchinson accuses Rudy Giuliani of sexually assaulting her on January 6, 2021, shortly before the Capitol insurrection.
- In her new book 'Enough,' Hutchinson describes Giuliani slipping his hand 'under my blazer, then my skirt' while they were backstage at Trump's speech.
- A spokesperson for Giuliani has denied the allegations.
- Meanwhile, the lawyer who had been leading Giuliani's defense in his legal challenges is suing the former New York City mayor for $1.3 million in unpaid fees.
Quick Glance: Ron DeSantis: Problem with GOP Vaccine Skepticism
- DeSantis openly aligned himself with vaccine skepticism, which is rare among presidential candidates.
- He discussed placing conspiracy theorist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in a top public health role.
- His team criticized Trump's early push for the Covid vaccine.
- DeSantis is praised for rejecting lockdowns and vaccine mandates.
Quick Glance: Trump disappoints union leaders despite promises for workers
- Union leaders say Trump's record speaks for itself
- Union members support Biden more than Trump
- Trump attempts to prevent union dues
- Trump has abandoned some communities that supported him
Attorneys for former Pres. Trump and his co-defendants in the New York attorney general's $250 million fraud lawsuit are scheduled to appear in New York ... Show more
Quick Glance: Judge to Decide on Summary Judgment in $250M Lawsuit Against Trump
- The trial is scheduled for October 2nd.
- Attorneys defend former President Donald Trump and co-defendants in the $250 million fraud case brought by the New York Attorney General's office.
- Judge Engoron will hear arguments on a motion for summary judgment.
- Trump denies any wrongdoing and requests the judge to make a decision based on insufficient evidence prior to the trial.
Quick Glance: Biden establishes office for gun control
- President Biden advocates for gun safety laws
- Vice President Harris oversees the office for gun control
- Thousands of people die each year in the US due to gun violence
- Democrats support stricter gun laws to reduce violence
Quick Glance: US to Provide Long-Range ATACMS Missiles to Kyiv - Media Reports
- According to media reports, Ukraine will receive ATACMS missiles with a range of up to 300 km.
- This would allow Kyiv to target Russian positions deep behind the front line.
- President Biden reportedly informed Ukrainian President Zelensky that Kyiv would receive 'a small number' of ATACMS missiles.
- The US and Ukraine have not officially confirmed the American media reports.
Quick Glance: No Labels in Arizona: Democratic Concerns about Biden Spoiler
- Over 15,000 people in Arizona have registered to join a new political party supporting a potential bipartisan 'unity ticket' against Joe Biden and Donald Trump.
- In Arizona, which Biden won by about 10,000 votes, the state Democratic Party sued Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, also a Democrat, in an attempt to prevent No Labels from appearing on the ballot.
- Richard Grayson described it as a kind of performance art and promptly endorsed Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris after switching to No Labels.
- In Arizona, Biden was endorsed by former Republican Senator Jeff Flake and Cindy McCain, the widow of Senator John McCain - a lifelong Republican who publicly clashed with Trump.
Quick Glance: Lawsuit filed against Rudy Giuliani for unpaid legal fees
- Giuliani's former attorney is suing him for outstanding bills totaling $1.36 million.
- Giuliani has only paid $214,000 and still has an outstanding balance of $1.36 million.
- Attorney Robert Costello and his law firm also provided legal representation for Giuliani in various lawsuits.
- To cut costs, Giuliani has represented himself in certain legal disputes.
Quick Glance: Garland to Testify Before Congress, Focus on His Record
- With a few words, President Biden caused turmoil among the leadership of the Justice Department.
- Garland also aimed to reassure the Justice Department staff.
- When Garland assumed the role of attorney general in March 2021, the president's son was already under investigation by Delaware U.S. Attorney David Weiss, a nominee of the previous administration.
- The president and his attorney general rarely make joint public appearances.
In the past several months, Donald Trump has had several burning questions for some of his confidants and attorneys ⬇️ www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-prison-conviction-trial-1234828231/
Quick Glance: Polish Politics Shaped by 'Ukraine Fatigue'
- Poland provides leading military assistance to protect Poland from Russian aggression.
- The change in tone of the Polish government regarding Ukraine is surprising.
- There is discussion about the importance of Ukraine's gratitude for Polish support.
- Andrzej Duda compared Ukraine to a drowning man endangering his rescuers.
In an interview with CNN's Kaitlan Collins, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel is getting closer to a "quantum leap" normalization ... Show more
Quick Glance: Netanyahu: Israel and Saudi Arabia Closer to 'Quantum Leap' Normalization Deal
- Netanyahu says it is 'likely' Israel will reach a normalization agreement with Saudi Arabia, marking a significant foreign policy shift for both countries.
- Such a deal has the potential to enhance Israel's acceptance in the Muslim world, particularly considering Saudi Arabia's role as the custodian of Islam's holiest sites.
- In 2002, Saudi Arabia proposed an 'Arab Peace initiative' offering Israel security and 'normal relations' with 57 Arab and Muslim countries in exchange for its withdrawal from occupied Palestinian territories and the creation of an independent Palestinian state.
- Netanyahu has made improving relations with Saudi Arabia a cornerstone of his premiership, although it is unclear what concessions toward Palestinians would be allowed by his right-wing coalition.
Quick Glance: Ray Epps Charged in Capitol Riot Conspiracy Theories
- On January 6, 2021, Mr. Epps was outside the Capitol.
- The following day, he was seen on another video whispering into the ear of a man who charged at police lines during the riot.
- Conspiracy theories circulated online alleging that Mr. Epps was secretly working for the FBI after the riot.
- These theories contributed to the belief, common in right-wing circles but lacking evidence, that government agents instigated the riot.
Quick Glance: Trump Allegedly Instructed Aide to Conceal Knowledge of Documents
- Former assistant Molly Michael revealed that Trump instructed her not to disclose information about classified files.
- The revelations about Michael's discussions with investigators highlight the extent and nature of the evidence collected by federal prosecutors in the documents case.
- Michael stated that Trump would write notes on the documents, listing tasks he wanted to be done.
- Her remarks could be used to portray the former president as careless with sensitive government documents and to emphasize his efforts to keep information about the files hidden from investigators.
Recommended for you