News articles on this subject
Democrats vote to subpoena Supreme Court conservative allies Crow, Leo : Outraged Republican lawmakers said the unusual attempt to subpoena Harlan Crow and ...
Quick Glance: Democrats Vote to Subpoena Supreme Court Conservative Allies
- Senate Democrats vote to subpoena conservative allies of Supreme Court justices to learn about undisclosed gifts.
- Republicans push back against demanding information from Harlan Crow and Leonard Leo.
- Democrats argue for more information from Crow and Leo, stating that the court's code of conduct is insufficient.
- Republicans resist, claiming the effort aims to delegitimize the conservative court majority.
Rand Paul performed Heimlich maneuver on Joni Ernst as she choked at lunch: Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) performed the Heimlich maneuver on Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) ...
Quick Glance: Rand Paul Saves Choking Sen. Ernst with Heimlich Maneuver
- Rand Paul (R-Ky.) used the Heimlich maneuver to save Sen. Joni Ernst (R-Iowa) after she began choking at a Senate lunch.
- Ernst confirmed the incident in a post on X and criticized the Democrats' policies.
- The incident comes just over eight months after a member of Paul’s staff was attacked with a knife in Washington D.C.
George Santos refuses to resign ahead of House expulsion vote: In his closing arguments for remaining a member of the House, a defiant Rep ...
Quick Glance: Congressman Accused of Fraud
- Image caption: George Santos has refused to resign despite a host of fraud and other allegations against him
- It is alleged that Mr Santos misused campaign funds and employed 'repeated dishonesty and deception' to gain a seat in Congress
- A spokesperson for his congressional office declined to comment on personal allegations
- Tiffany Bogosian, a lawyer who attended middle school with Mr Santos in Sunnyside, Queens, stated that he tried to please everyone from a young age
Chris Hayes Nails James Comer For His 'Most Humiliating Loss' Yet: "And there have been a lot," the MSNBC host said.
Quick Glance: Comer Rejects Public Hearing for Hunter Biden
- Comer stated that Democrats would be 'yelling and screaming' at a public hearing with Hunter Biden.
- Over 10,000 pages of documents regarding Hunter Biden’s financial transactions with enemies worldwide have been obtained.
- Hunter Biden's attorney proposed a public hearing in response to a subpoena but was denied.
- Comer denied the request to make the December testimony public but offered to do so after the private deposition.
Trump’s ‘intolerance towards everyone’ encourages hate, Chris Christie says: Republican challenger says rival’s language and conduct a contributing factor to ...
Quick Glance: Christie's Accountability for Islamophobia and Antisemitism Rise
- Chris Christie attributes part of the rise in antisemitism and Islamophobia across the country to Donald Trump.
- Christie recently visited Israel.
- The Post reached out to the Trump campaign for a comment.
- Despite his current third place, Christie remains optimistic about his chances, drawing parallels to the late Sen. John McCain's position in 2008.
Donald Trump Rages at Nikki Haley's Success: Trump lashed out at Haley after she secured a key endorsement, referring to the former South Carolina governor as ...
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Biden rips Trump, GOP over repealing ObamaCare, supply chain issues: President Biden criticized Republicans and former President Trump on Monday for efforts that ...
Quick Glance: Biden Criticizes Trump and GOP
- The president criticized Republicans and former President Trump for actions that could jeopardize the supply chain, including undoing his achievements and seeking to replace ObamaCare.
- The president announced 30 actions to improve access to medicine and economic data.
- The council is to strengthen the supply chain during the 2023 holiday season, following significant issues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biden referenced a Truth Social post from Trump in the meeting, in which the former president revived calls to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act if he wins the 2024 election.
Appeals court reinstates gag order on Trump in N.Y. civil fraud trial: The former president is scheduled to take the stand next month as the final witness in the ...
NY appeals court restores gag order on Donald Trump in real estate fraud trial: A New York appeals panel restored the gag order on Donald Trump in his real ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Gag Order Reinstated in Civil Fraud Trial
- Former President exits court after testifying
- Previously lifted gag order back in place
- Decision pending on appeal from Trump's legal team
- Gag order prohibits comments about Judge Engoron's staff
Powerful Koch Group: Republican Haley wins important advocates for presidential candidacy
Lauren Boebert Makes Desperate Plea to Supporters: Boebert asked supporters to help donate to her re-election campaign as she feels a fundraising squeeze from ...
Quick Glance: Biden Calls Out Boebert as Leader of 'MAGA Movement' in Colorado
- Biden singles out Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as a leader of the 'MAGA movement' during his visit to her congressional district.
- Biden visits wind tower manufacturer CS Wind in Pueblo, Colo., emphasizing Boebert's role in the 'MAGA movement'.
- Biden mentions Boebert as one of the leaders of the extreme 'MAGA movement' and highlights her voting record against the IRA.
- Biden joins CS Wind workers on stage, emphasizing the positive impact of the company on the population, including in Boebert's district.
Trump stresses he wants to replace ObamaCare, not ‘terminate’ it: Former President Trump emphasized late Tuesday night that he wants to “replace” the Affordable ...
Biden to highlight Trump’s renewed effort to shelve Affordable Care Act : “My predecessor, once again … called for cuts that could rip away health insurance for ...
Supreme Court conservatives seem likely to axe SEC enforcement powers: The Supreme Court's conservative justices seemed highly skeptical of how the Securities ...
Quick Glance: Constitutional Concerns Over Internal S.E.C. Tribunals
- Constitutional debate over the agency's authority to pursue enforcement actions before its own judges instead of federal courts.
- Supreme Court's conservative majority receptive to attack on primary Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement methods.
- Agency conducts some enforcement actions in internal tribunals rather than federal courts.
- Debate over the constitutionality of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's funding in October.
Liz Cheney Gets Last Laugh Over Marjorie Taylor Greene: Ahead of its December 5 release, Amazon lists Cheney's new book, "Oath and Honor ...
Florida GOP Chair Christian Ziegler Accused of Rape: The woman also claimed she had been in a “longstanding” ménage à trois with Christian Ziegler and his wife ...
Quick Glance: Investigation of Florida GOP Chairman
- Police in Sarasota, Florida, are conducting an investigation involving the Florida GOP Chairman, as confirmed by his attorney and a police report.
- Sarasota police confirmed the activity of the investigation without confirming details.
Russia's Supreme Court effectively outlaws LGBTQ+ activism in a landmark ruling: Addressing a lawsuit filed by the Justice Ministry, the court labeled the LGBTQ+ ...
Quick Glance: Russia Bans International LGBT Movement as 'Extremist'
- Russia's Supreme Court bans the 'international LGBT public movement' as an extremist organization, despite its lack of organizational structure or leaders.
- The ban could have sweeping implications for LGBT people in Russia, despite the movement's non-existence.
- The ruling shocked liberal Russians, with independent media organizations showing solidarity with LGBT people by displaying the LGBT flag.
- The ban could force LGBT groups to operate in secret and be used against LGBT people, with unclear legal implications.
GOP senators feel ambushed by Trump’s policy promises : Former President Trump is creating new political headaches for Republicans locked in a highly competitive ...
Justice Thomas' Chances of Being Removed Laid Out by Ex-Prosecutor: Thomas is facing a Senate investigation for allegedly accepting gifts from donors.
GOP eyes vote on Biden impeachment inquiry to shore up authority: House Republicans are weighing whether to shore up their impeachment inquiry by taking a formal ...
Arizona Republicans indicted for delaying midterm election certification - UPI.com
Quick Glance: Charges Filed Against Arizona Officials for Election Interference
- Indictment accuses two Cochise County supervisors of meddling with the state vote count.
- Election conspiracy theories rampant in the county.
- Peggy Judd and Tom Crosby pushed for a manual vote recount in heavily Republican Cochise County, Arizona.
- Two Arizona Republican county supervisors indicted for felony charges related to delaying the 2022 election results certification.
Kevin McCarthy Says Matt Gaetz ‘Belongs in Jail’: Gaetz led the charge to oust McCarthy from the speakership earlier this year.
Teen sentenced to 16 years' jail for killing River Valley High schoolmate with axe
The Stakes of Idaho Asking the Supreme Court to Allow Near-Total Abortion Ban: If the Supreme Court weighs in, it would be the first time it would render a ...
Sen. Tommy Tuberville Signals He May Back Down on Military Noms in the ‘Very Near Future’
Trump says he's "seriously looking" at Obamacare alternatives: Trump called the failure to repeal and replace the ACA "a low point for the ...
Tommy Tuberville Bemoans US Now Having 'Weakest Military' in His Lifetime: The Alabama senator spoke as he continues his months-long blocking of hundreds of ...
George Santos Lashes Out in Press Conference Before House Vote to Expel Him: Indicted New York Representative George Santos launched Thursday into litany of ...
Roy leads 11 Republicans in congratulating Argentina’s Milei on election win: Republican Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) on Wednesday led a group of 11 Republicans in ...
Supreme Court to examine the power of agencies and the president: The Supreme Court returns to the so-called “administrative state” Wednesday ...
Donations to GOP drop as worries mount about the party’s finances: Donors have not cut as many large checks to the RNC in recent years, and the party’s ...
House GOP appears to have the votes to expel Santos: An internal POLITICO whip count found nearly 90 House Republicans say they plan or are likely to support ...
Divisions leave Florida’s House Republicans powerless: The lack of a cohesive delegation has allowed attention-seeking lawmakers to act on their own.
Community celebrates legal win over water bottling giant: A Supreme Court decision on water bottling company Cloud Ocean could have wide-ranging implications for ...
Senate Republicans shrug off Trump's latest bid to scrap Obamacare: The congressional GOP tried during the former president's first term to repeal the ...
Arizona Legislators Must Testify About Voting Laws, Supreme Court Rules: Two Republican lawmakers had argued that they could not be questioned about their ...
Marjorie Taylor Greene returns to outsider roots: On the day House Republicans and a smattering of Democrats voted to censure U.S. Rep. Rashida Tlaib over ...
The Memo: Hunter Biden goes on the offense against GOP tormentors: Hunter Biden fired the latest salvo in his counteroffensive against Republican critics Tuesday ...
George Santos expulsion spurs rare bipartisanship among House lawmakers: Rep. Robert Garcia encouraged fellow Democrats to support Republicans' expulsion measure ...
Trump wants a do-over on repealing Obamacare. That seems unwise.: The former president previewed a new effort to “terminate” the law in his potential second term ...
Trump fundraises off Colorado 14th Amendment case to keep him off ballot: Former President Trump is fundraising off the 14th Amendment case unfolding in Colorado ...
Opinion | Ben Rhodes: Henry Kissinger, the Hypocrite: He was as much a creation of the American national security state as he was its author.
Supreme Court to confront post-Roe abortion battles: Supreme Court justices are slated to delve into disputes surrounding abortion during their final session ...
Washington AG, others support blocking Idaho bathroom law: OLYMPIA — Washington and a group of other states have filed a court brief supporting a group of ...
The potentially high ceiling for Trump’s running mate: Not since the universally loved Eisenhower announced he would seek the Republican Party’s nomination will ...
GOP braces for internal battle royal over government spending: Lawmakers in both parties are predicting a GOP battle royal over federal spending at the start of ...
Biden Isn’t Waiting to Begin 2024 Campaign Against Trump: This is Washington Edition, the newsletter about money, power and politics in the nation’s capital ...
Nepal registers first same-sex marriage; 'historic', say activists: Local authorities in a village in Nepal registered the Himalayan nation's first same-sex ...
House seeks interview with Blue Star leaders in connection with Hunter Biden Ukraine work
Georgia Supreme Court Blocks GOP Attack on Trump Prosecutor — For Now: Georgia Supreme Court blocks GOP removal of prosecutor Fani Willis, who indicted Donald ...
‘We’re not trash, we’re people,’ say unhoused amid encampment sweeps: Cities across the United States are shutting down homeless tent encampments ...
Grassley tells House GOP upset by bipartisan border talks, don’t ‘hold out for perfect’
Florida cops' names no longer shielded in police shootings: The ruling handed down by the Florida Supreme Court is a victory for police accountability advocates.
Quick Glance: Cobre Panamá: Closure of Contentious Copper Mine
- Supreme Court ruling declares contract between the State and Minera Panama unconstitutional.
- Mass protests erupted after Panama's Congress passed a law approving the new contract with First Quantum.
- Cobre Panamá is situated in a biodiverse jungle area on Panama's Atlantic coast.
- Image caption: Protesters cheered the unanimous Supreme Court ruling.
Republican officials consider shaking up presidential debate system: The Republican National Committee is considering a proposal to allow candidates to debate ...
GOP lawmakers cautiously open to Trump's ACA repeal push: Republican lawmakers may not be thrilled with Trump's renewed push — but few are firmly ...
Scoop: Jewish Democrats lead rebuke of GOP bill to expel Palestinians: The proposal is "designed to inflame tensions which could result in violence ...
US Supreme Court is again asked to block Illinois assault weapons ban: An Illinois firearms retailer and a national gun rights group on Wednesday asked the U.S ...
With Trump moving closer to renomination, rewriting Jan. 6 attack gains urgency: The causes of the Capitol riot are clear. So is the motivation of those who are ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!