News articles on this subject
UAW files complaint against Tim Scott over threats to fire workers if they strike
UAW Files Labor Complaint After Tim Scott Said He’d Fire Striking Workers: “Telling workers they’ll be fired for striking is violating federal labor law ...
Tim Scott on UAW complaint: ‘They don’t scare me’: Presidential candidate Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) brushed off a labor rights complaint from the United Auto ...
Sen. Tim Scott hit with unfair labor practice claim by UAW president: The UAW's Shawn Fain says Scott's remarks that striking workers could be fired violates ...
General Motors stock price soars 10% on $10 billion share buyback plan: The automaker also said it will increase its common stock dividend by 33%
Quick Glance: GM Announces $10 Billion Stock Buyback and Dividend Increase
- GM plans to raise the quarterly dividend next year by 33% to 12 cents per share; launch an accelerated $10 billion repurchase program; and reinstate its 2023 forecast to include an estimated EBIT-adjusted impact from six weeks of U.S. labor strikes.
- GM CEO Mary Barra stated that the company is finalizing a budget for next year to fully offset the additional costs of new labor agreements.
- Net income for stockholders of $9.1 billion to $9.7 billion, compared to a previous outlook of $9.3 billion to $10.7 billion.
- Adjusted earnings per share of approximately $7.20 to $7.70 including the stock buyback, compared to the previous outlook of $7.15 to $8.15.
UAW members ratify deal with General Motors, 1st of Big 3 to conclude labor dispute
Quick Glance: GM Workers' Contract Likely to Pass Despite Worker's Discontent
- Photographed on September 15, 2023 at General Motors' Wentzville Assembly Plant in Wentzville, Missouri.
- On October 30, UAW President Shawn Fain announced a contract deal with General Motors, praising the workers for their relentless fight.
- A significant number of GM workers voted against the record contracts, including a majority at some of the company's largest plants.
- Workers at GM's Arlington Assembly plant voted for the contract, while Ford workers were more positive, and the voting at Stellan in the Toledo Assembly Complex of Stellantis is pending.
UAW announces drive to organize Toyota, Tesla and a dozen other automakers : United Auto Workers launches a new campaign to expand on labor success ...
Quick Glance: UAW Launches Campaign to Organize Auto Manufacturers
- UAW announces campaign to organize Toyota, Tesla, Honda, and other non-unionized automakers in the US.
- Union unveils website for electronic signing of union authorization cards for 13 companies.
- Union aims to expand membership after negotiating record contracts with Detroit's Big Three and plans to organize thousands of workers.
- Growing movement of workplace activism drives the campaign as workers across industries strike for better pay and benefits.
The labor market stays robust, with employers adding 199,000 jobs last month : U.S. employers added 199,000 jobs in November, higher than the 150 ...
Ford's November US vehicle sales slip, EV sales rise: Ford Motor (F.N) posted a 0.5% drop in U.S. new vehicle sales for November on Monday ...
UAW chief set to appear on Capitol Hill after strike victory: United Auto Workers (UAW) President Shawn Fain is expected to make an appearance on Capitol Hill on ...
UAW workers ratify contracts with Big 3 automakers: UAW workers ratified new contracts with General Motors, Ford and Stellantis, securing record wage gains over ...
UAW members at Ford and Stellantis approve contract: Members of the United Auto Workers union at Ford and Stellantis have ratified their labor deals and by a ...
Ford scaling back plans for Michigan EV battery plant: Ford announced Tuesday it would resume construction on an elective vehicle (EV) plant in Michigan that was ...
UAW members ratify labor deal with Mack Trucks: The United Auto Workers (UAW) union on Wednesday said about 3,900 members representing Volvo Group (VOLVb ...
UAW workers at major Ford and GM truck plants vote 'no' on record contract deals: Big 3 autoworkers are voting on the record contracts that emerged after the ...
Ford lost $1.7B from UAW strike; GM projects EV losses will end by 2025: Ford details UAW strike costs
There’s another Christian movement that’s changing our politics. It has nothing to do with whiteness or nationalism
UAW's Stellantis workers have accepted their new deal after strike: About 68% of Stellantis workers who have cast ballots on the deal voted yes.
GM's UAW workers have accepted their settlement in a close vote: The GM ratification vote was much closer than the vote at Ford and Stellantis.
Sanders Holds Senate Hearing With Labor Leaders After 'Historic Union Victories': "All over this country, we are seeing workers standing up and fighting back ...
Auto strikes sink US manufacturing output in October: Production at U.S. factories dropped more than expected in October as strikes by the United Auto Workers ...
US steelmakers set for strong start to 2024 as UAW strike fuels price gains: U.S. steelmakers are on course to post higher profits in the first quarter of 2024 ...
The Big 3 offered 'life-changing' raises. Why thousands of autoworkers are voting 'no'
From Detroit Three to healthcare, US labor unions flex muscle: A tight U.S. labor market, the expiry of union contracts and high living costs have led to tough ...
Detroit Casino Council reaches tentative labor deal with MGM, Penn: The Detroit Casino Council said on Friday it has reached a tentative agreement for a new ...
MGM's Detroit casino workers reject new labor deal: Workers at MGM Resorts International's (MGM.N) Detroit casino have rejected a tentative five-year labor ...
Ford UAW workers in Louisville vote on new contract. What we know: UAW Ford workers in Louisville took to the polls Sunday to vote on the tentative agreement.
Tesla may have picked an unwinnable fight with Sweden’s powerful unions : The first ever strikes and a solidarity blockade against the US carmaker could force it ...
UAW, Blue Cross leaders reach tentative 'verbal agreement' that could end 77-day strike
Ford sales down year-over-year in November as EV sales hit record: Products built at plants that had been affected by the United Auto Workers' strike dragged ...
Elon Musk's Tesla is facing more union problems: On the heels of the UAW's victory against the Detroit Three automakers, a different union is putting pressure on ...
More than 10% of Quebec’s labour could be on strike by next week: 600,000 public workers are in position to go on strike in Quebec, leading to school closures ...
UAW ratifies 3.5-year contract with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan: Workers could return to work Thursday after 88-day strike
Blue Cross workers ratify contract to end strike: UAW members voted in favor of the new contract that runs until May 2027, according to a news release from Blue ...
Blue Cross Michigan, UAW say they have a tentative deal to end strike: The UAW said late Tuesday the verbal agreement includes the reduction of wage progression ...
American Airlines flight attendants ask for permission to strike. Southwest pilots could be next
USC graduate students reach tentative pact with big pay boosts and bias protections
Detroit Casino Council reaches deal for striking workers: About 3,700 workers at MGM Grand Detroit, MotorCity Casino and Hollywood Casino at Greektown have been ...
The daily business briefing: November 17, 2023: GM union workers approve contract that ended strike, Walmart's CEO says food deflation is coming, and more
UAW strike against the Big Three US automakers may not be over as Spring Hill rejects GM contract
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!