News articles on this subject
UAW Strike: How much CEOs at Ford, GM, and Stellantis are paid: GM CEO Mary Barra's compensation was worth $29 million in 2022, while Ford CEO James Farley ...
General Motors stock price soars 10% on $10 billion share buyback plan: The automaker also said it will increase its common stock dividend by 33%
Quick Glance: GM Announces $10 Billion Stock Buyback and Dividend Increase
- GM plans to raise the quarterly dividend next year by 33% to 12 cents per share; launch an accelerated $10 billion repurchase program; and reinstate its 2023 forecast to include an estimated EBIT-adjusted impact from six weeks of U.S. labor strikes.
- GM CEO Mary Barra stated that the company is finalizing a budget for next year to fully offset the additional costs of new labor agreements.
- Net income for stockholders of $9.1 billion to $9.7 billion, compared to a previous outlook of $9.3 billion to $10.7 billion.
- Adjusted earnings per share of approximately $7.20 to $7.70 including the stock buyback, compared to the previous outlook of $7.15 to $8.15.
GM’s Chevy Silverado EV lands in China in first overseas debut: The Chevy Silverado EV debuted in China recently as its first overseas trip outside of North ...
Quick Glance: GM Unveils Chevy Silverado EV in China
- First overseas debut outside North America
- GM showcases multiple new models at the Expo
- Electric Silverado highlighted as show's star
- GM gauges buyer interest in the region
GM boss Mary Barra’s high-tech bet unraveling after Kyle Vogt departs as CEO of embattled Cruise robo-taxi unit
Wall Street Lunch: Charlie Munger Passes Away: Charlie Munger, investing icon and vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, passed away at the age of 99; GM ...
Quick Glance: The Loss of Charlie Munger
- Renowned billionaire Charlie Munger has passed away at the age of 99.
- His death was officially announced by Berkshire Hathaway.
- As vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, Munger was a pivotal figure for the company.
- His legacy leaves a lasting impact on the world of investments.
Stock market today: Wall Street gains ground after encouraging updates from GM and other companies
In reversal, GM considers bringing back hybrids: After years of pushing forward on its all-EV path, General Motors is reviewing whether to bring hybrid options ...
GM will not advertise in Super Bowl, first time since 2019: General Motors (GM.N) said on Monday it will not advertise in the 2024 Super Bowl ...
Warren Buffett dumped his entire $850m stake in GM and cut back on Amazon as Berkshire Hathaway built its record $157bn cash pile
What's the deal? UAW details gains of new four-year contract with GM: Among significant wins for the union: persuading GM to bring its growing ranks of JV ...
Warren Buffett Totally Unloads 7 Of His Stocks (Including GM): Warren Buffett is known for holding onto his S&P 500 stocks forever. But that definitely ...
G.M. to Cut Spending on Cruise Self-Driving Unit: General Motors will “substantially lower spending” on autonomous vehicle efforts in 2024 after accidents with ...
The Vikings’ coach and GM are having a staring contest with the sun: The Josh Dobbs honeymoon is over and Minnesota's current direction is prompting more ...
Elon Musk says he disagrees with idea of unions, takes swipe at GM as UAW eyes Tesla
Quick Glance: Tesla Unveils Cybertruck for $61,000
- Elon Musk presented the futuristic electric vehicle in Austin and began delivering to buyers.
- The Cybertruck is priced at $61,000 to $100,000, depending on the model.
- Tesla showcased videos of the Cybertruck beating other vehicles in a towing competition and a race.
- Competition from Ford and Rivian has also increased with their own electric pickups.
Houston Astros hand managerial reins to Joe Espada: Passed over by a number of MLB clubs that interviewed him in the past, the longtime bench coach inherits a ...
Quick Glance: Houston Astros: Joe Espada to be Named New Manager on Monday
- Team has a press conference scheduled amid speculation that bench coach Joe Espada is the top choice to replace Dusty Baker.
- Joe Espada, the Astros’ bench coach for the last six seasons, is expected to be named manager on Monday.
General Motors reaches tentative agreement with UAW: The United Auto Workers union says it reached a tentative contract with General Motors ...
Quick Glance: UAW-Ford Deal: Victories in Wages, Benefits, Investments
- Ford to invest $8.1 billion in manufacturing and offer workers up to $70,000 extra pay over the contract period.
- Ford gains the opportunity to provide unlimited $50,000 buyouts to older workers earning the top rate.
- UAW releases contract terms after negotiations with union leaders and presents them for ratification.
- Ford to add electric vehicles to existing plants in Louisville and Ohio, investing $1.2 billion in Louisville and $2.1 billion in Ohio for electric vans.
Raiders Fire Coach Josh McDaniels, GM Dave Ziegler: Las Vegas has decided to move on with new leadership after a poor start to the 2023 campaign.
Quick Glance: Surprising Late-Night Move: Raiders Fire Head Coach Josh McDaniels and General Manager Dave Ziegler
- The Las Vegas Raiders defeated the Los Angeles Rams 34-17 in an NFL preseason game.
- Less than two years after hiring Josh McDaniels and Dave Ziegler, Mark Davis has decided to let them go.
- The Raiders owner made a sudden announcement revealing his decision to clean house by firing his head coach and general manager.
- After careful consideration of what the Raiders need to move forward, Davis has chosen to part ways with Josh and Dave.
UAW members ratify deal with General Motors, 1st of Big 3 to conclude labor dispute
Quick Glance: GM Workers' Contract Likely to Pass Despite Worker's Discontent
- Photographed on September 15, 2023 at General Motors' Wentzville Assembly Plant in Wentzville, Missouri.
- On October 30, UAW President Shawn Fain announced a contract deal with General Motors, praising the workers for their relentless fight.
- A significant number of GM workers voted against the record contracts, including a majority at some of the company's largest plants.
- Workers at GM's Arlington Assembly plant voted for the contract, while Ford workers were more positive, and the voting at Stellan in the Toledo Assembly Complex of Stellantis is pending.
Detroit’s Big 3 will produce billions worth of electric vehicles they’re not sure people will buy in their deal with the UAW
AP Sources: Auto workers and Stellantis reach tentative contract deal that follows model set by Ford
Quick Glance: UAW reaches preliminary contract agreement with Ford
- The four-year contract, which still needs to be approved by 57,000 union members at the company, could bring an end to the union's series of strikes at targeted factories run by Ford, General Motors, and Jeep maker Stellantis.
- The agreement with Ford could set the framework for agreements with the other two automakers, where workers will remain on strike.
- The UAW called on all workers at Ford to return to their jobs and said that will put pressure on GM and Stellantis to negotiate.
- "We told Ford to step up, and they did," said President Shawn Fain in a video address to members.
UAW workers ratify contracts with Big 3 automakers: UAW workers ratified new contracts with General Motors, Ford and Stellantis, securing record wage gains over ...
Exclusive: GM snatches key Tesla gigacasting supplier: If you can't beat them, buy them.
iPhone 15 owners are reportedly having major issues with GM vehicles: This isn't the first vehicle compatibility issue facing Apple's newest phone.
LG Energy Shares Fall on Report GM Seeking More Tax Credits: LG Energy Solution Ltd. shares fell in Seoul trading on concern the company may have to hand over a ...
Why Americans Can’t Buy Cheap Chinese Electric Vehicles: The U.S. has built a fortress to keep out Chinese EVs, even as millions sell around the world.
Electric delivery startup BrightDrop becomes part of General Motors: BrightDrop was born from GM’s Innovation Lab and was a wholly owned subsidiary for the last ...
GM plans F1 power unit supply to Andretti from 2028: General Motors has formally registered with Formula One's governing body to provide power units for a ...
GM recalls nearly 1,000 driverless cars after San Francisco collision: General Motors’s autonomous vehicle unit, Cruise, is recalling nearly 1 ...
UAW launches unprecedented push to organize 13 automakers in US: UAW is using a new strategy to add 150,000 autoworkers to its union across some 13 automakers in ...
Quick Glance: UAW Launches Campaign to Organize Auto Manufacturers
- UAW announces campaign to organize Toyota, Tesla, Honda, and other non-unionized automakers in the US.
- Union unveils website for electronic signing of union authorization cards for 13 companies.
- Union aims to expand membership after negotiating record contracts with Detroit's Big Three and plans to organize thousands of workers.
- Growing movement of workplace activism drives the campaign as workers across industries strike for better pay and benefits.
Quick Glance: Blue Jays Remain in the Mix for Ohtani
- Blue Jays are considered serious contenders for Ohtani, despite strong competition.
- GM Atkins emphasizes the quality of the Blue Jays player development facility in Florida.
- The Blue Jays have already held some meetings to recruit free agents and plan for more.
- Atkins may need to find other ways to strengthen the team as the offense is in dire need of improvement.
Taiwanese Tesla supplier Hota retools supply chain with first US factory: For years, Hota Industrial Mfg. Co has made gears, shafts and other auto parts in ...
General Motors recalls 950 Cruise driverless vehicles after serious collision: The recall, which will update collision software, affects 950 cars.
Elon Musk has lost $41 billion in 13 days as market sours on EV: GM and Ford are backing off their own EV plans amid huge new contracts with the UAW union.
GM sees EV cost cuts as it looks to profit from green vehicles -CFO: General Motors (GM.N) said on Thursday it expects significant reductions in electric vehicle ...
Las Vegas Raiders boast a truly historic all-Black leadership group: Ahead of Sunday Night Football, the Las Vegas Raiders made history, becoming the first team ...
Giants GM Joe Schoen: Owners John Mara, Steve Tisch still believe in his and Brian Daboll’s vision
UAW reaches tentative agreement with General Motors: The GM deal is expected to follow the pattern set at Ford Motor Co. that was announced on Wednesday.
Orioles GM Mike Elias named MLB Executive of the Year after unprecedented 101-win season
Toto Wolff Is Running Out of Excuses to Oppose Andretti Cadillac's F1 Entry: From fees, to garage space, to what's in a name, Mercedes' boss keeps ...
General Motors takes steps towards electric vehicle profitability: GM has had trouble with machinery that stacks battery cells into modules at its Ultium Cells ...
Ford Lowers Profit Guidance as Labor Costs Rise $8.8 Billion: Ford Motor Co. restored financial guidance Thursday, saying profits would come in lower than ...
Electric motors: GM apparently wants to use iron nitride magnets - Golem.de: General Motors has teamed up with Niron Magnetics on a new electric motor magnet ...
Unifor members ratify three-year agreement with Stellantis: The agreement that expires on Sept. 20, 2026, follows the pattern set by Ford Motor Co ...
UAW Shawn Fain livestream at noon Saturday will reveal details of GM tentative agreement
Cruise begins layoffs after pedestrian collision: Cruise's CEO also reportedly told staff this week to expect layoffs involving full-time staff.
GM partners with startup to develop parts for EV motors to bring down costs: GM and a Minneapolis startup will co-develop a Clean Earth Magnet to use in electric ...
GM logos atop Detroit’s RenCen have gone dark: Here’s why: GM's neon signs atop its world headquarters in Detroit have been dark. But the automaker insists it ...
General Motors raises offer to autoworkers union ahead of UAW bargaining update: The United Auto Workers union says President Shawn Fain will update members on ...
Quick Glance: UAW opts against strike expansion
- UAW President Shawn Fain announced that the union will not expand its strike against Ford, General Motors (GM), and Stellantis.
- The union has a 23 percent wage hike on the table and has made progress in terms of work-life balance, cost of living adjustments, and retirement benefits.
- Fain emphasized that the days of UAW and Ford teaming up to fight other companies are over.
- The strike now includes nearly 34,000 union workers.
Cruise testing continues in Japan, Dubai, even as vehicles parked in US: Days after General Motors’ (GM.N) Cruise self-driving car unit pulled all of its ...
Trying to separate fact from fiction in Blue Jays' off-season pursuits: Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins deftly dropped some clues about the team's off-season plans ...
Pathfinder stripped every last trace of D&D from its new rulebooks: Pathfinder’s new Player Core and GM Core rulebooks have disappeared all traces of Dungeons & ...
GM's Cruise suspends supervised and manual car trips, expands probes: General Motors' (GM.N) Cruise driverless car unit said on Tuesday it will pause all ...
Gore, son of former veep, says EV sales demand still growing, expected to top 1M this year
GM to open order banks for the Equinox EV. Here's the price and the range.: GM promised the Equinox EV will be its affordable EV starting around $30,000. It will ...
‘It’s not a well-rounded club.’ Chris Getz gives a frank assessment of Chicago White Sox — and more from the GM meetings.
GM, Honda nix joint program to make affordable EVs: The announcement comes after GM executives during the company's third-quarter earnings call said they were ...
General Motors announces $10bn share buyback and boosts dividend by 33%: Automaker reinstates full-year guidance at lower level following impact of recent ...
General Motors makes it clear: Formula 1 only with Andretti!: US manufacturer General Motors currently has no interest in entering Formula 1 with another team if ...
Sources - Jameer Nelson promoted to GM of 76ers' G League team - ESPN: Former All-Star guard Jameer Nelson has been promoted to general manager of the ...
Tom Krasovic: Padres should still hire a GM, allowing next manager to breathe while AJ Preller drafts, trades
Raiders fire coach Josh McDaniels, GM Dave Ziegler after 'Monday Night Football' meltdown
Automakers' drive to avoid China's EV rare earth dominance gathers speed: The auto industry's drive to make electric vehicle motors with little to no rare earth ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!