News articles on this subject
UAW workers ratify contracts with Big 3 automakers: UAW workers ratified new contracts with General Motors, Ford and Stellantis, securing record wage gains over ...
What are the highlights of UAW's deals with Detroit Three automakers?: The United Auto Workers (UAW) union said Monday that 64% of workers at the Detroit Three ...
Another major legacy automaker agrees to terms in light of UAW union threat: The UAW recently ratified its historic contracts with the Detroit Three.
UAW's Fain: 'Workers deserve their fair share of economic and social justice': Audacious goal: To gain UAW membership in nonunion companies across the industry — ...
With historic new deals in hand, UAW auto union targets Tesla, other automakers: Following the conclusion of the union's historic stand-up strikes ...
Done deals: UAW confirms ratified contracts with GM, Ford and Stellantis: The companies ratified the agreements on average by 64%, according to the UAW.
Union victories could spark new blue collar power in the Bluegrass | Opinion: OpEd: There may be nothing more potentially transformative than the reawakened idea ...
UAW clinches record Detroit deals, turns to organizing Tesla, foreign automakers: The United Auto Workers (UAW) said Monday that 64% of workers at the Detroit ...
UAW Workers Vote to Ratify Historic Contracts With Ford, GM, and Stellantis: United Auto Workers (UAW) members from Ford, General Motors, and Stellantis have ...
Barra: GM still planning to be all-electric by 2035: The automaker's CEO says GM will stick to its plans but adjust with customer demands.
Ford CEO responds to Elon Musk's offer of electric-vehicle help: Tesla's Cybertruck uses a new architecture.
The first fast chargers in GM and Pilot Flying J’s huge coast-to-coast network are open
Current Ford Mustang Production Is Ending in 2028: Report: According to a recent report, the S650-generation Ford Mustang could end production in 2028 ...
GM says next-gen Bolt will be EUV-only as the SUV virus infects the industry: We thought GM would bring back the Bolt, but it turns out they're killing it - ...
The good news in November's jobs data: Jobs growth is cooler but it's still allowing more Americans to reap the benefits of still somewhat tight conditions.
Quick Glance: US Job Growth: 199K Added, Unemployment Falls
- Last month, US employers added a solid 199,000 jobs and the unemployment rate dropped.
- The unemployment rate fell from 3.9% to 3.7%, not far from a five-decade low in April.
- The unemployment rate has been below 4% for 22 months, the longest streak since the late 1960s.
- The economy and labor market are showing signs of slowing back to pre-pandemic levels as inflation decreases.
General Motors stock price soars 10% on $10 billion share buyback plan: The automaker also said it will increase its common stock dividend by 33%
Quick Glance: GM Announces $10 Billion Stock Buyback and Dividend Increase
- GM plans to raise the quarterly dividend next year by 33% to 12 cents per share; launch an accelerated $10 billion repurchase program; and reinstate its 2023 forecast to include an estimated EBIT-adjusted impact from six weeks of U.S. labor strikes.
- GM CEO Mary Barra stated that the company is finalizing a budget for next year to fully offset the additional costs of new labor agreements.
- Net income for stockholders of $9.1 billion to $9.7 billion, compared to a previous outlook of $9.3 billion to $10.7 billion.
- Adjusted earnings per share of approximately $7.20 to $7.70 including the stock buyback, compared to the previous outlook of $7.15 to $8.15.
The EV Bubble Has Popped. There’s No Denying the Numbers.: Tens of billions of dollars have all gone to money heaven, spent by EV startups that don't have ...
No, Chevrolet Camaro Production Hasn't Ended Yet: The historic Chevrolet Camaro is going away, but not today, and it may still come back in the near future ...
A rough patch on the road to an electric car future: Electric vehicles have hit a much-publicized rough patch, as sales fail to match industry hopes ...
Niemann Scores 1st Win, Gukesh Suffers Candidates Blow: Hans Niemann sacrificed a knight and two rooks to beat IM Shreyas Royal in round four of the 2023 London ...
Buy GM Stock, Not Ford, Says Wall Street: GM stock caught an upgrade to Buy at Mizuho. GM shares also were started with a Buy rating at HSBC ...
For Labor Unions, 2023 Was the Year of the Strike—and Big Victories: A new generation of leaders ran smarter and more militant campaigns and pushed for strikes ...
GM confirms 2025 launch date for next-gen Chevy Bolt EV: Finally, GM’s CEO Mary Barra announced when we can expect the next-gen Chevy Bolt EV to hit the market ...
Luxury EVs Aren’t What the U.S. Needs: EV sales at General Motors are coming a little more slowly that expected. But things at Cadillac look just fine.
Will Ford and Tesla Qualify for EV Tax Credits Under New Battery Rules?: The Energy Department has released guidelines that impact EV tax credits in 2024 and ...
Exclusive: New leader of GM's Cruise acknowledges 'all-time low' amid safety review
UAW Becomes Largest U.S.-Based Union to Call for Gaza Ceasefire: Here in the U.S., a protester is in critical condition after setting themself on fire Friday ...
Comer mischaracterizes Hunter Biden car payment reimbursement to his dad : The three payments of $1,380 that occurred in 2018 were actually for a 2018 Ford ...
Quick Glance: Comer, Jordan Threaten Hunter Biden with Contempt of Congress
- Comer and Jordan threaten contempt of Congress as Biden's counsel rejects public hearing.
- Committees will initiate contempt of Congress proceedings if Biden doesn't appear on Dec. 13.
- The letter represents an escalation of the conflict between House GOP and Biden.
- Republicans seek Biden's testimony as part of an impeachment inquiry into the president.
Tesla shares 48V architecture with other automakers to move the industry: One of the less obvious features of the Tesla Cybertruck is its vehicle voltage ...
Ford Issues Guidance and It’s Really Good. The Stock Is Rising.: With UAW negotiations wrapped up, Ford has issued 2023 financial guidance ...
Wall Street Lunch: Charlie Munger Passes Away: Charlie Munger, investing icon and vice chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, passed away at the age of 99; GM ...
Niemann Compares Himself To Fischer After Winning Tournament By 3 Points: GM Hans Niemann won the historic Tournament of Peace 2023 in Zagreb on Thursday by a ...
Cybertruck Is Here. How It Stacks Up Against Ford, GM, and Rivian.: What will electric truck buyers pick? A Cybertriuck, an F-150, a Silverado, or a Rivian R1T.
Tesla’s Cybertuck Event Is Almost Here. What to Watch.: Tesla has a flair for launches that only tech companies once wielded. Watch live at the X stream here and ...
GM has to pay $8 million to workers after 2018 decision to make plants 'unallocated'
The Tesla Cybertruck Might Be Creating a Halo Effect for Ford and Rivian, Too: Search activity for the Rivian R1T and the Ford F-150 Lightning got a boost from ...
Stock market today: Wall Street gains ground after encouraging updates from GM and other companies
The labor market stays robust, with employers adding 199,000 jobs last month : U.S. employers added 199,000 jobs in November, higher than the 150 ...
In reversal, GM considers bringing back hybrids: After years of pushing forward on its all-EV path, General Motors is reviewing whether to bring hybrid options ...
Ford's November US vehicle sales slip, EV sales rise: Ford Motor (F.N) posted a 0.5% drop in U.S. new vehicle sales for November on Monday ...
GM 'focused on righting' ship at self-driving Cruise unit -CEO: General Motors (GM.N) CEO Mary Barra said on Monday the Detroit automaker is "very focused on ...
UAW announces drive to organize Toyota, Tesla and a dozen other automakers : United Auto Workers launches a new campaign to expand on labor success ...
Quick Glance: UAW Launches Campaign to Organize Auto Manufacturers
- UAW announces campaign to organize Toyota, Tesla, Honda, and other non-unionized automakers in the US.
- Union unveils website for electronic signing of union authorization cards for 13 companies.
- Union aims to expand membership after negotiating record contracts with Detroit's Big Three and plans to organize thousands of workers.
- Growing movement of workplace activism drives the campaign as workers across industries strike for better pay and benefits.
Former GM explains why he 'wouldn't sign' prized free agent Shohei Ohtani: It's safe to say that all 30 MLB teams reached out to prized free agent Shohei Ohtani ...
Quick Glance: Ohtani-Watch Sparks Confusion with Conflicting Reports
- Where is Shohei Ohtani?
- Toronto Blue Jays, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Angels, San Francisco Giants, and Chicago Cubs are his potential destinations.
- Early reports of Ohtani's decision to join the Blue Jays were later contradicted.
- A private jet flying to Toronto turned out to be transporting a Canadian businessman.
Why No One Wants to Pay for the Green Transition: Investors and consumers are balking at the costs of replacing fossil fuels with renewable energy ...
Stellantis CEO: Companies losing money on EVs may only have until 2030: The competitors in the best position to survive that, Stellantis NV's Carlos Tavares ...
The S&P 500 Dumped This Stock for Tesla. It Has Crushed the EV Maker Ever Since.: Tesla was added to the S&P 500 nearly three years ago, taking the place of real ...
Illinois to investigate U.S. Steel layoff notices for Granite City workers: The Illinois Department of Labor said Thursday that it has subpoenaed U.S ...
Ford Pro, Xcel Energy to make 30,000 EV charging ports available to commercial fleets
US probes 73,000 Chevrolet Volt cars over loss of power, issues restarting: About 73,000 Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrids are being investigated by the NHTSA over ...
GM to Sell Bond in Busy Market After Inking Term Loan Agreement: The financial arm of General Motors Co. joined a rush of borrowers selling high-grade debt ...
GM boss Mary Barra’s high-tech bet unraveling after Kyle Vogt departs as CEO of embattled Cruise robo-taxi unit
UAW launches push to organize at Tesla and other non-union car makers: Union drive will cover nearly 150,000 workers at factories largely in US south
Start over? Stay the course? Chicago Bears GM Ryan Poles is nearing a series of landmark decisions.
G.M. to Cut Spending on Cruise Self-Driving Unit: General Motors will “substantially lower spending” on autonomous vehicle efforts in 2024 after accidents with ...
The Vikings’ coach and GM are having a staring contest with the sun: The Josh Dobbs honeymoon is over and Minnesota's current direction is prompting more ...
Tesla beats US claim that it fired factory workers amid union campaign: A U.S. labor board has dismissed claims that Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) illegally fired employees ...
GM hydrogen unit to supply fuel cells for Autocar's heavy vehicles: General Motors' (GM.N) and Autocar Industries have agreed to jointly develop hydrogen-powered ...
Ford, Xcel Energy team up to offset cost of EV charging infrastructure for customers
As Atkins says little, let's read between the lines on Blue Jays, Ohtani: Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins met the media via Zoom and said very little ...
There’s Big Auto Industry News This Week. It Isn’t About Tesla’s Cybertruck.: A day before Tesla hands over Cybertrucks to eager customers, General Motors will ...
EV Battery Plant Rides Bumpy Road in This Michigan Town: Ford pauses and then scales back proposed facility backed by government funding and set to employ ...
GM will not advertise in Super Bowl, first time since 2019: General Motors (GM.N) said on Monday it will not advertise in the 2024 Super Bowl ...
Ford CEO Jim Farley slashes plans for new battery cell plant in latest sign the EV sales bonanza may be over
Quick Glance: Ford Cuts Jobs, Investments for Marshall EV Battery Plant
- Ford is reducing its commitment to a planned electric vehicle battery facility in the Marshall area by 800 jobs and over $1 billion, resulting in a 40% reduction in the plant's production capacity.
- This announcement marks a significant departure from the previously promised 2,500 jobs and $3.5 billion investment by Ford and Governor Gretchen Whitmer earlier this year.
- A Ford spokesperson, Mark Truby, admitted that the company's cuts will likely lead to the state reducing the approximately $1.8 billion in taxpayer subsidies for the megadevelopment.
- Truby stated that Ford originally anticipated the facility would produce 35 gigawatt hours worth of batteries annually, enough to equip about 400,000 vehicles.
Biden’s EV Subsidy Rules Leave Room for Chinese Suppliers: The new requirements still likely mean fewer options for car buyers hoping to claim a $7 ...
Ford Lowers Profit Guidance as Labor Costs Rise $8.8 Billion: Ford Motor Co. restored financial guidance Thursday, saying profits would come in lower than ...
Stellantis to lay off thousands at Jeep plants, blames California emissions regulations
Ohio senator questions Stellantis decision to cut jobs at Jeep plants: Because of more stringent rules, Stellantis only will ship ordered internal combustion ...
Is there a basic problem with autonomous driving?: The feasibility of autonomous vehicles for general use in public traffic has long been questioned ...
LG Energy Shares Fall on Report GM Seeking More Tax Credits: LG Energy Solution Ltd. shares fell in Seoul trading on concern the company may have to hand over a ...
GM Stock Can Drive More Than 40% Higher, Analyst Says. Plus, What’s in Store for Shopify and More.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!