News articles on this subject
US Jobs Numbers Should Deter More Fed Rate Hikes, Biden Says: President Joe Biden said the Federal Reserve should be discouraged from raising interest rates ...
Hunter Biden attorney cries foul over client’s new charges: ‘Where’s the fairness?’
Quick Glance: Hunter Biden Indicted on 9 Tax Offenses
- Court documents reveal: Hunter Biden indicted on nine tax offenses, including three felony counts.
- Charges include allegations of failure to pay taxes, failure to file tax returns, evasion of assessments, and submission of fraudulent forms.
- Indictment claims defendant spent millions on an extravagant lifestyle instead of paying taxes. Charges brought by special counsel David Weiss.
- White House declined to comment, referred NBC News to Hunter Biden's attorneys and the Justice Department.
New York Democrat claims Comer’s investigation into Bidens is ‘house of cards’: Rep. Dan Goldman (D-N.Y.) slammed House Oversight Committee Chair James Comer ...
UN Security Council: USA blocks resolution for ceasefire in Gaza Strip: The humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip is dramatic. That's why the UN Secretary ...
Biden job approval hits new low, Trump takes lead in hypothetical 2024 matchup: WSJ poll
One in five young Americans think the Holocaust is a myth: Our new poll makes alarming reading
Biden Calls New Rail Projects the ‘Biggest Investment’ Since Creation of Amtrak: President Joe Biden announced $8.2 billion in new funding for infrastructure ...
Joe Biden ‘not sure’ he would seek re-election if Trump were not running: Comments at fundraising event show US president wrestled with decision to seek second ...
Quick Glance: Former Ukrainian Lawmaker Killed Near Moscow
- Ilya Kiva, accused of treason, was assassinated near Moscow by Ukrainian special forces.
- Kiva, a supporter of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, fled to Russia after facing treason charges.
- Two Ukrainian officials confirmed that the SBU carried out the operation to kill Kiva.
- His death is the latest in a series of assassinations of Ukrainian defectors and Russians involved in Moscow’s invasion.
7 in 10 U.S. adults consider themselves spiritual: Although Americans have grown less likely to identify with an organized religion in recent decades ...
Biden pledges $8.2B for first U.S. high-speed rail system, new rail corridors - UPI.com
Quick Glance: Investment Boost for High-Speed Rail Network
- Three billion US dollars for Brightline West, a proposed high-speed rail line from Las Vegas to Southern California, were announced this week by the White House.
- Two high-speed rail projects in Nevada and California are receiving significant financial support from Washington.
- The Biden administration has pledged over 6 billion US dollars in federal funding for high-speed rail to close the gap between the US and other developed nations in fast and reliable passenger services.
- The allocated funds will be used for the construction of a 171-mile segment between Merced and Bakersfield in California's Central Valley.
Texas attorney general petitions state supreme court after woman who sued the state was granted permission for an abortion
Kamala Harris breaks record for most tiebreaking Senate votes by VP: Harris broke a nearly 200-year-old record.
Quick Glance: Kamala Harris Sets VP Record for Most Senate Decisions
- Kamala Harris has shattered the record for most Senate decisions with 32 votes in just two and a half years.
- Harris plays a crucial role in a closely split Senate.
- The vice president serves as president of the Senate and has the right to cast deciding votes.
- Harris has also cast deciding votes for two major priorities of the Biden administration.
Legendary Linguist, Professor and Public Intellectual Noam Chomsky Turns 95: Today is Noam Chomsky’s 95th birthday. Click here to see our interviews with the ...
Biden forgives another $5 billion in student loans: That's $132 billion in student loan relief for over 3.6 million Americans.
Quick Glance: Government Erases 3.6 Million Student Loans
- New efforts announced by the U.S. Department of Education to aid borrowers affected by repayment program issues.
- Over 900,000 borrowers have had approximately $44 billion in federal student loan debts approved for erasure due to changes in income-driven repayment plans.
- Nearly 750,000 borrowers have now received up to $53.5 billion in relief through modifications to the previously troubled Public Service Loan Forgiveness plan.
- The Biden administration has approved the cancellation of almost $132 billion in federal student loan debts for more than 3.6 million Americans.
President Joe Biden said he wasn’t sure if he’d be running for reelection if Donald Trump wasn’t also in the race, warning democracy is “more at risk in 2024” ... Show more
Quick Glance: Biden Contemplates 2024 Run, Cites Trump as Motivation
- Biden mentioned that he might not run again if not for the unique threat posed by Donald Trump to the United States.
- Biden stated that he would not drop out of the race if Trump stopped seeking his own second term.
- During his 2020 presidential campaign, Biden often cited Trump's handling of issues as part of his decision to run.
- Biden faces limited competition for his party's nomination and is positioning Trump as a danger to democracy itself.
Why Nikki Haley polls better against Joe Biden than Donald Trump does: A POLITICO analysis shows the former South Carolina governor is winning swaths of moderate ...
Private railway Brightline: First US high-speed train to connect Los Angeles with Las Vegas
Battenfeld: Biden starts crucial part of re-election campaign bogged down by corruption charges
House Republicans unveil resolution to authorize Biden impeachment inquiry: Multiple House Republicans said the chamber is expected to vote to authorize the ...
Quick Glance: US House Republicans Move Toward Biden Impeachment Inquiry
- Republican House members take step to authorize an impeachment inquiry against President Joe Biden.
- Allegations involve business irregularities by Biden and his family during his time as vice president.
- Republican Representative Kelly Armstrong introduces a resolution that would allow a vote on authorizing the inquiry.
- The Senate is unlikely to convict the president if the House passes articles of impeachment.
Hunter Biden says Republicans are trying to ‘kill me’ to destroy father’s presidency
U.N. Secretary-General Demands a Cease-Fire in Gaza: The United States has signaled that it will block the effort.
Quick Glance: UN Chief Urges Cease-Fire in Israel-Hamas War: Live Updates
- UN Security Council considers draft resolution for cease-fire in Gaza after Secretary-General's urging
- Secretary-General exercises rare authority to demand humanitarian cease-fire
- Israel reveals luxury spending by Hamas leader's son to illustrate gap with Gaza residents
- Israeli forces increase pressure on Hamas, highlighting rocket fire from humanitarian zone
Colin Kaepernick, African art: AP African American studies reworked amid controversy
BREAKING: Ethan Crumbley has been sentenced to life without the possibility of parole for killing four of his classmates and wounding others in the 2021 ... Show more
Quick Glance: Michigan Teen Shooter Receives Life Sentence
- At 15, he opened fire at Oxford High School, killing four and injuring seven in the worst school shooting in Michigan's history.
- Friday's sentencing followed nearly five hours of emotional testimony from survivors and loved ones of the four young victims.
- The parents in the US face involuntary manslaughter charges for their child's role in a mass shooting, punishable by up to 15 years in prison - a first in the country.
Surprise: Americans are starting to feel better about the economy and inflation: Much has been made about how Americans feel bad about the state of the economy ...
Biden launches a Hollywood fundraising blitz to tap into star power with strikes over
Texas Supreme Court pauses lower court's order allowing pregnant woman to have an abortion
Kentucky woman approximately eight weeks pregnant files lawsuit challenging state’s abortion bans
Quick Glance: Legal Action for Abortion Rights in Kentucky
- A woman in Kentucky is demanding the right to have an abortion through a legal action.
- The ban on abortions in Kentucky violates the rights of the plaintiff.
- Jane Doe, about eight weeks pregnant, wants to have an abortion in Kentucky.
- She is seeking class-action status to include other Kentuckians who desire to have an abortion.
Ukraine war - Situation in the morning: US dispute continues to block Ukraine aid
Quick Glance: Ukraine: Zelenskyy Cancels US Senators Briefing
- The Ukrainian President canceled a scheduled meeting with US senators.
- He was going to request continued military support due to the ongoing Russian invasion.
- The Biden administration urges Congress to approve nearly $106 billion for the war in Ukraine.
- A group of Republicans oppose further assistance, arguing that US funds should be spent at home.
Trump’s vow to only be a dictator on ‘day one’ follows growing worry over his authoritarian rhetoric
UN resolution failed: US vetoes ceasefire in Gaza: The US had demanded changes to the draft, including a condemnation of Hamas attacks. Meanwhile ...
Is the US economy on track for a 'soft landing'? Friday's jobs report may offer clues
Quick Glance: US Job Growth: 199K Added, Unemployment Falls
- Last month, US employers added a solid 199,000 jobs and the unemployment rate dropped.
- The unemployment rate fell from 3.9% to 3.7%, not far from a five-decade low in April.
- The unemployment rate has been below 4% for 22 months, the longest streak since the late 1960s.
- The economy and labor market are showing signs of slowing back to pre-pandemic levels as inflation decreases.
Hunter Biden's lawyer says again that president's son will only testify publicly: The development comes as House Republicans inch closer to a vote to officially ...
Quick Glance: Comer, Jordan Threaten Hunter Biden with Contempt of Congress
- Comer and Jordan threaten contempt of Congress as Biden's counsel rejects public hearing.
- Committees will initiate contempt of Congress proceedings if Biden doesn't appear on Dec. 13.
- The letter represents an escalation of the conflict between House GOP and Biden.
- Republicans seek Biden's testimony as part of an impeachment inquiry into the president.
Trump declines to rule out abusing power or seeking retribution: Former President Donald Trump is declining to rule out abusing power if he again wins the ...
Quick Glance: Trump Doesn't Rule Out Power Abuse
- Trump declines to rule out abusing power upon return to the White House
- Biden warns that Trump is determined to destroy American democracy
- Trump refuses to promise he would never abuse power to seek retribution
- Hannity solely questions Trump in an interview differing from the typical town hall format with audience questions
Universities Face Congressional Inquiry and Angry Donors Over Handling of Antisemitism
Quick Glance: US College Presidents Testify on Campus Antisemitism
- Jewish students report antisemitic threats and assaults.
- University administrators accused of failing to protect Jewish people.
- Testimony to House Committee on Education on the rise of antisemitism and Islamophobia since the start of the Israel-Hamas conflict.
- Frequent pro-Palestinian and pro-Israel demonstrations on campus have raised allegations of antisemitism.
Seven delusions plaguing the mind of the Trump base voter: My safe 2024 prediction: The losing party will believe it is “the end of America.”
Trump immunity appeal offers best chance to stave off 2020 election trial: The gambit by the former U.S. president and frontrunner for the 2024 Republican ...
Biden Is Trying to Rein In Israel. Is It Working?: What started as unwavering support has given way to growing skepticism and sometimes open disapproval.
Quick Glance: Netanyahu's Dilemma: Tunnel Conflict to Eradicate Hamas?
- Netanyahu faces a crucial decision: whether to send Israeli troops into the tunnel network below Gaza, which could have major political consequences.
- Entering the tunnel network in Gaza would change the dynamics of the war, giving Hamas a strategic advantage in underground warfare.
- Israeli troops would face enormous challenges due to a lack of information about the tunnels and the potential threats posed by booby traps and ambushes set by Hamas.
- Israel is considering alternative strategies such as using poison gas or flooding the tunnels with seawater to gain an advantage over Hamas fighters.
Biden embraces power to break patents of costly drugs: Progressives have long advocated for so-called march-in rights to lower the price of drugs developed with ...
Quick Glance: US Policy Allows Seizure of Patents for Government-Funded Drugs
- The Biden Administration announced a new policy to seize patents for government-funded drugs if their prices are considered too high.
- The policy establishes a roadmap for the government's march-in rights, which have never been utilized before.
- It would enable the government to grant additional licenses to third parties for products developed using federal funds if the original patent holder does not make them available to the public on reasonable terms.
- The government will consider factors such as whether only a narrow set of patients can afford the drug, and whether drugmakers are exploiting a health or safety issue by hiking prices.
Federal judge approves settlement barring migrant family separations: A federal judge approved a settlement that prohibits U.S. officials from separating migrant ...
Who is Mark Scarsi, the judge assigned to Hunter Biden’s new tax charges case?: Scarsi, a Trump appointee, has served on the bench in the Central District of ...
Exclusive: Biden administration presses Congress to approve tank shells for Israel's war in Gaza
President Biden, aboard Air Force One, has touched down in LA: His first fundraiser, meanwhile, was scheduled to kick off in West L.A. Friday evening
Harvard president apologizes for remarks on campus antisemitism: Harvard University’s president apologized as pressure mounted for the University of ...
US places rare visa travel restrictions on Israeli settlers implicated in West Bank violence
Biden says he was not improperly involved in son’s, brother’s business dealings: President Joe Biden fired back against claims from House Republicans that he was ...
Trump takes center stage at Biden fundraisers: Former President Trump is not yet the Republican nominee for 2024, but he’s the main character at President ...
BREAKING: Norman Lear, the legendary television producer behind "All in the Family" and "The Jeffersons" has died. He was 101. abcnews.visitlink.me/H3E1lY
Quick Glance: Norman Lear: Sitcom Legend Passes Away at 101
- Norman Lear, recipient of the Carol Burnett Award, spoke at the 78th Annual Golden Globe Awards on February 28, 2021.
- Lear was renowned for pioneering sitcoms in the 1970s and 80s, such as Sanford and Son and The Jeffersons.
- In a statement, his family expressed gratitude for knowing Lear.
- Throughout his decades-long career, Lear wrote numerous comedy shows, including 1974's Good Times.
Biden sees uptick in support from Democrats on handling of Israel-Hamas conflict: Poll
Preliminary vote in the US Senate: Republicans block new aid for Ukraine and Israel
Biden’s battleground states footprint (or lack thereof) leaves Dems concerned: The campaign is comfortable with its approach, which leans on the DNC and looks at ...
Lucas: Biden’s ‘help’ leaves a lot to be desired: Without federal assistance and a curb on illegal immigration Massachusetts will soon face higher taxes and a ...
Tommy Tuberville announces end to blanket military holds: “We fought hard,” he said after telling his Republican colleagues he was lifting his holds.
Quick Glance: Tuberville Relinquishes Military Confirmation Hold
- Released hold after pressure from Republican colleagues
- Stalled military promotions in protest of Pentagon policy
- Originally set conditions for lifting the hold
- Decision welcomed by White House and Democratic Senate leader
Biden says he's 'not the only one who can defeat' Trump : President Joe Biden said Wednesday that he didn't think he was the only Democrat who could prevail over ...
The situation in Ukraine: USA and Ukraine plan more arms cooperation: Amid concerns about further aid payments, the USA and Ukraine agree on closer cooperation ...
Tillis touts $1B for Richmond-Raleigh rail line, thanks Buttigieg: The Biden administration pledged $1 billion for a new rail connection between Richmond, Va. ...
Brittney Griner Inks Deal With Disney, ESPN Over Scripted Series: Griner said in a statement that “the last two years have been the most harrowing ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!