In the USA, five men are on trial who are said to have been involved in ...
Lived with leader in Hamburg
Quick Glance: Court declares 9/11 mastermind mentally unfit for trial
- Ramsi Binalshibh was apprehended in Pakistan one year after the September 11, 2001 attacks.
- Five individuals are currently facing trial in the United States for their alleged involvement in planning the September 11, 2001 attacks.
- One defendant is now deemed mentally unfit to stand trial.
Quick Glance: USA and China Establish Working Groups to Stabilize Relations
- Working groups created to address economic and financial challenges by the USA and China
- US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and Chinese Vice Premier He Lifeng will oversee the groups
- The groups will serve as important forums for exchanging interests and concerns, and promoting healthy economic competition
- The financial working group will focus on regulatory and financial stability issues
Quick Glance: Striking Writers and Hollywood Studios to Meet Again
- Negotiations between Writers Guild of America (WGA) and Hollywood studios to resolve strike
- Meeting attended by top executives from Disney, Netflix, Comcast, and Warner Bros Discovery
- Session described as 'encouraging'
- Agreement between writers and producers is hoped to be reached
SA Navy tragedy: Crew member who became the first woman in Africa to navigate a submarine was on the verge of making history again
Quick Glance: Sophie Turner sues Joe Jonas for return of children to 'forever home' in England
- Sophie Turner files petition in New York City for Jonas to return their children to their home in England.
- Turner planned to return to England this month with the children, but Jonas refused to give them their passports.
- Jonas has been caring for the children while Turner was working on a new series.
- Turner outlines the couple's efforts to find their 'forever home' in England and their agreement to settle in the UK.
Quick Glance: Angus Cloud's Cause of Death Revealed
- Angus Cloud died from an accidental overdose, according to the Alameda County Coroner's office in California.
- Cloud suffered from acute intoxication from a combination of drugs, including benzodiazepine.
- The rising actor, best known for his role in the HBO drama 'Euphoria', passed away in July at the age of 25.
- With the heaviest heart, we had to say goodbye to an incredible human today.
After learning how to use a traditional wooden box camera in Afghanistan a decade ago, AP’s Rodrigo Abd returned to photograph the country two years into ... Show more
In the years after the 2001 U.S. invasion and the ouster of the Taliban regime, Associated Press photographer Rodrigo Abd spent months on assignment in ...
Quick Glance: First private passenger rail line in 100 years to link Miami and Orlando at high speed
- Florida's Brightline service set to launch on Friday, offering high-speed train travel between Miami and Orlando, with speeds reaching up to 125 mph (200 kph).
- Amtrak's Acela service between Boston and Washington, D.C., launched in 2000, is the only other high-speed line in the US.
- Success of Brightline could pave the way for more high-speed connections between major cities.
- Planning for Brightline began in 2012.
Quick Glance: Alex Murdaugh acknowledges guilt for financial crimes — first time confessing to a judge
- Convicted murderer Alex Murdaugh did something on Thursday that he has never done before in the two years since his privileged and powerful life started to deteriorate—he acknowledged guilt before a judge.
- Murdaugh confessed to 22 charges of financial fraud and money laundering in federal court.
- In exchange, authorities receive a requirement that is included in almost every plea deal and is particularly significant in this case.
- The federal charges against the disgraced attorney, whose family served as both prosecutors and founders of a prominent law firm that no longer bears the Murdaugh name in tiny Hampton County, involve the theft of money from some clients and others, as well as the creation of fraudulent bank accounts.
My Favorite Hair Care Tool Is a Silk Pillowcase: Your pillowcase could be doing more harm than good to your hair. We tried 7 silk options with the goal of making ...
Quick Glance: Toxicity and Racism: Black Employees' Experiences at TikTok
- TikTok was built by black creators and is rooted in black culture.
- Formal complaint filed with US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission alleging racial discrimination and retaliation against black workers.
- TikTok acknowledges the important role of black users on the platform and commits to supporting them.
- Complaint documents discrimination and mistreatment of black employees and TikTok's failure to address it.
Recommended for you