News articles on this subject
Dallas mayor switches to GOP, making city the largest led by a Republican: Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson wrote in an op-ed that “too many Democrats insist on virtue ...
Dallas Mayor Switches to G.O.P from Democratic Party: Mayor Eric Johnson’s decision to change parties was surprising for its timing, but it appeared in line with ...
Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson switching to Republican party: Dallas mayor announces he is switching parties
Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson Flips to Republican Party in WSJ Op-Ed: The move makes Dallas the largest city in the country with a Republican mayor.
Dallas Mayor Flips to GOP: 'Cities Need Republicans': Mayor Eric Johnson announced he was leaving the Democratic Party, accusing his colleagues of being too ...
Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson Leaves Democratic Party to Become a Republican: Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson said he’s leaving the Democratic party to become a Republican ...
Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson switches to Republican Party: Though the mayor’s position in Dallas is technically nonpartisan, Johnson joins Fort Worth Mayor Mattie ...
How Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson’s switch to GOP could impact his political career: Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson switches parties. Here's how it could impact his ...
A Big-Money Operation Purged Critics of Israel From the Democratic Party: How the Israel lobby moved to quash rising dissent in Congress against Israel’s ...
Biden to take on Boebert, House GOP’s economic vision in Colorado remarks: President Joe Biden on Wednesday will seek to contrast his economic vision with that ...
Quick Glance: Biden Calls Out Boebert as Leader of 'MAGA Movement' in Colorado
- Biden singles out Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) as a leader of the 'MAGA movement' during his visit to her congressional district.
- Biden visits wind tower manufacturer CS Wind in Pueblo, Colo., emphasizing Boebert's role in the 'MAGA movement'.
- Biden mentions Boebert as one of the leaders of the extreme 'MAGA movement' and highlights her voting record against the IRA.
- Biden joins CS Wind workers on stage, emphasizing the positive impact of the company on the population, including in Boebert's district.
Gavin Newsom 2028? His early moves offer a potential glimpse. : The California governor’s effort to raise his national profile has carried risks and drawn mixed ...
Quick Glance: Key Points in DeSantis-Newsom Debate on Fox
- DeSantis and Newsom will participate in a 90-minute debate titled 'DeSantis vs. Newsom: The Great Red vs. Blue State Debate,' moderated by Fox News host Sean Hannity.
- Both governors have developed a growing rivalry over the past months and may use the debate to boost their political careers.
- Expect personal attacks between Newsom and DeSantis, as they have criticized each other in the past.
- The outcome of the debate could impact the perception of Florida and California, as both governors have clashed over various political issues.
Dean Phillips says ‘it’s delusional’ to think Biden can beat Trump: Rep. Dean Phillips (D-Minn.) on Saturday criticized President Biden for his recent poll ...
Quick Glance: Dean Phillips Opts Out of Congressional Reelection in 2024: 'Time for a New Generation'
- Democrat Dean Phillips is challenging President Joe Biden in the 2024 primary and is heeding his own advice to pass the torch.
- The 54-year-old Phillips will not seek reelection to the U.S. House and is opening up his congressional seat.
- Phillips is urging Biden to also forgo seeking reelection as both parties vie for control of Congress.
- As one of about a dozen lawmakers not seeking reelection next year, Phillips becomes part of the contest for congressional control.
Trump lawyers seek to probe U.S. handling of 2020 election fraud claims: New Trump court filing seeks evidence to relitigate debunked claims that election was ...
Trump makes aggressive pitch to take young voters from Biden: Former President Trump on Wednesday urged younger voters to support him in next year’s election ...
The 543 word editorial that may have just upended the presidential campaign: The post by Trump calling for Obamacare’s replacement has lit a fire under Biden’s ...
Jamie Dimon Urges Donors, Even Democrats, to ‘Help Nikki Haley’: The JPMorgan Chase C.E.O.’s show of support for Ms. Haley came on the same day that a new super ...
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Democrats have no Biden backup plan for 2024, despite age concerns: The Democratic Party has no Plan B if President Joe Biden decided for any reason to halt his ...
Billionaire megadonor Bill Ackman says Biden should step aside: Billionaire investor Bill Ackman says President Biden should step aside, adding he was ...
Least popular US governor — Tate Reeves — is more popular than Biden: The least popular American governor, Republican Tate Reeves of Mississippi ...
Omar blasts challenger who suggests she’s ‘not attractive enough’ for office: Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) blasted her Democratic primary challenger in a post on ...
Trump whistleblower running for key House seat: Vindman could become an asset in the Democratic party's attempt to make the 2024 election a referendum on Trump.
Trump calls to ‘revamp the RNC’ if GOP debates go ahead: Former President Trump is calling to “revamp” the Republican National Committee (RNC) if the group ...
Biden’s birthday prompts debate about age, wisdom and the mature president: President Joe Biden is marking his 81st birthday milestone Monday with a low-key ...
Senate rankings: 5 seats most likely to flip: Sen. Joe Manchin’s (D-W.Va.) decision to retire has made the Senate landscape in 2024 even more complicated for ...
Vulgarities, insults, baseless attacks: Trump backers follow his lead : Many GOP voters are not just tolerating but relishing and emulating Trump’s often crass ...
New Hampshire shows how deeply rooted Trump’s fraud lies are: A new poll reveals that most Republican primary voters in the state say they think Joe Biden is ...
Biden campaign works to ease Democratic anxiety over reelection chances: The president and his team are facing calls to become more active and aggressive in ...
Democrats nearly double Republicans in October fundraising: The Democratic National Committee (DNC) far outperformed its Republican National Committee (RNC) ...
Voters must take Trump seriously and literally. The stakes are that high.: Trump may be a performance artist, but with his shocking provocations ...
Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear, a Democrat, has won reelection: Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear has beaten his Republican challenger. Beshear is a blue governor in a red ...
Quick Glance: The Impact of National Politics
- Visits and support for Andy Beshear and Daniel Cameron before an upcoming gubernatorial debate in October.
- Kentucky's gubernatorial race is at a critical point as Democratic incumbent Andy Beshear faces Trump-endorsed state Attorney General Daniel Cameron, testing the effectiveness of national politics.
- A recent Morning Consult poll found that 43% of Kentucky Republicans approve of Beshear.
- "Beshear has supporters," said Al Cross, Director of the Institute for Rural Journalism and Community at the University of Kentucky. "There are tens of thousands of people in the state for whom he is simply Andy."
Biden urged to go big on Social Security as a way to beat Trump: Progressive groups have been pitching the white House on the idea. Whether the reelection ...
Democrats are moving hard left. The GOP must get serious. : Any Republican presidential candidate could win easily in the fall by laying out an administration ...
Charleston, South Carolina, elects its first Republican mayor since Reconstruction Era
Most Democrats in favor of a challenger to Biden: poll: More than half of Democrats in a new survey said they want to see someone other than President Biden make ...
Black Voters Are Drifting Away from Democrats. Will That Hurt Biden in SC?: “It seems like people are looking elsewhere,” one party official said.
Many former Trump aides say he shouldn’t be president. Will it matter?: Critics are grappling with how they can puncture Donald Trump’s candidacy in 2024 ...
Cherelle Parker elected Philadelphia mayor: Election results: Democrat Cherelle Parker has been elected as Philadelphia’s 100th mayor, becoming the first woman ...
Dean Phillips responds to blowback from Harris remarks: Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Dean Phillips (Minn.) attempted Tuesday to clarify his recent ...
Ranking the swing states: Where is Biden most in danger against Trump?: President Biden’s reelection will largely come down to how he performs in six key ...
Biden Would Be a Hero If He Dropped Out of the 2024 Race Right Now: The president could spend the next 15 months as an elder statesman who puts the country first ...
Virginia Rep. Abigail Spanberger is running for governor in 2025 instead of seeking reelection to the House
Quick Glance: Abigail Spanberger Declares 2025 Virginia Governor Candidacy
- Politics | Spanberger announces Virginia governor candidacy, leaving her House seat at stake.
- Spanberger helped win the House majority in 2018, and her decision could make it harder for Democrats to regain control in 2024.
- Spanberger is seen as one of the strongest Democratic candidates to succeed Governor Glenn Youngkin, a Republican who is term-limited.
- Spanberger, a prominent Virginia Democrat who repeatedly won in a conservative-leaning district, announced she would run for governor in 2025, leaving open a competitive seat crucial to her party's efforts to win back House control next year.
‘Pipe down’: Biden allies step up calls for Dems to rally around president: Allies of President Biden are stepping up calls for Democrats to rally around the ...
Tamara Keith and Susan Page on Biden's approval ratings and congressional dysfunction
CNN Poll: Trump narrowly leads Biden in hypothetical rematch: One year out from Election Day 2024, former President Donald Trump narrowly leads President Joe ...
Quick Glance: Biden trails Trump in 5 of 6 crucial battleground states
- Biden is behind Trump in five of the six most important battleground states.
- Doubts about Biden's age and dissatisfaction with his economic policies influence Americans' opinions.
- Trump now leads by an average of 48 percent to 44 percent in the six states.
- Biden would need to win many of these states again to be re-elected.
Senate Democrats shoot down Biden naysayers in party : Senate Democrats are pushing back hard on criticism from within their own party that President Biden’s ...
New Hampshire’s 2024 primary will take place on January 23: New Hampshire will hold its “first-in-the-nation” presidential primary on January 23 next year ...
Sherrod Brown leads potential GOP rivals in Ohio Senate race: poll: Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio) is leading hypothetical match-ups with his potential GOP rivals ...
House Republicans are jumping off the sinking ship: Any Republican on the ballot in 2024 faces the ugly prospect of being asked to defend Trump for the next ...
Former Democratic Party chairman hosts fundraiser for Trump prosecutor Fani Willis
Republicans flail on abortion as Democrats embrace a top 2024 issue: Republicans admit abortion rights are a huge challenge for them in 2024 but judging by their ...
Biden’s birthday prompts debate about age and wisdom of America’s oldest president
Biden turns 81 as questions about age continue to dominate 2024 race: Polls show voters continue to be concerned by Biden's age.
Quick Glance: Biden's 81st Birthday Bash in Nantucket with Coconut Cake
- President Biden delivers speech to United Auto Workers at the Community Building Complex of Boone County, Thursday, Nov. 9, 2023, in Belvidere, Ill.
- Biden to celebrate his 81st birthday with family in Nantucket, Mass., and enjoy coconut cake, per the White House.
- The president and First Lady will travel to Nantucket on Tuesday and stay through Thanksgiving.
- Biden spent his birthday at the White House and pardoned the Thanksgiving turkeys.
He Voted to Impeach Trump. Now He’d Vote for Him for President.: In a new Q&A, former GOP Rep. Peter Meijer defends his decision to back Donald Trump if he’s the ...
Democrats in Bob Menendez's power base ditch him for Tammy Murphy: It deals a huge blow to the senior senator's chances of another term.
Democratic congresswoman Anna Eshoo won’t seek reelection in 2024: The California Democrat, who was first elected to Congress in 1992, is among more than three ...
Sinema left the Democratic party. Democratic donors left her too.: A POLITICO analysis of campaign finance data reveals a tough road ahead if the Arizona ...
Trump says GOP should stop ‘wasting time’ on debates while opponents spar nearby: Former President Trump on Wednesday mocked his primary rivals and sought to ...
Defying Democratic pushback, Dean Phillips vows to invest millions in his primary challenge to Biden
Trump slams JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon for praising Nikki Haley: Dimon "is quietly pushing another non-MAGA person, Nikki Haley, for President," wrote Trump ...
Quick Glance: JPMorgan CEO: Support Nikki Haley in 2024 Election
- Dimon backs Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley, urging support from Democrats and emphasizing 'very liberal Democrats'.
- He mentioned having conversations with Haley but stopped short of fully endorsing her.
- Others, like Ken Langone, also plan to support Haley as the only person who can challenge Trump in the elections.
- Dimon's call for bipartisan support for Haley comes amid her rising popularity in the GOP primary field.
Trump and Biden take shots at each other, looking past rest of GOP field: The rhetoric of the two leading candidates often suggests that the general-election ...
Christie warns Trump’s ‘vermin’ remark could incite others: ‘He doesn’t care’: GOP presidential candidate Chris Christie warned that former President Trump’s ...
Biden’s independent and primary rivals seize on his bad polls: A series of troubling polls for President Biden is giving more fodder to the independent and ...
Nikki Haley has momentum, but can she pass DeSantis to take on Trump?: Polls show the former U.S. ambassador to be the strongest Republican nominee against Biden ...
Quick Glance: Haley Wins, Ramaswamy Loses Third Debate, Poll Shows
- Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley emerges as winner of third GOP presidential debate, according to poll.
- 34% of Republican voters rate Haley as best performer.
- Ron DeSantis takes second place with 23% of the votes.
- More than half of voters rate Haley's performance as excellent or very good.
Has Biden’s electoral coalition fractured?: Do Democrats really want to gamble on Trump bailing them out, on his unpopularity leading independent voters to hold ...
Gabe Amo becomes Rhode Island’s first Black candidate elected to Congress: Democrat Gabe Amo has defeated Republican Gerry Leonard to win Rhode Island’s 1st ...
Quick Glance: Gabe Amo Wins Rhode Island 1st District Seat
- Amo, son of Ghanaian and Liberian immigrants, succeeds former Democratic Rep. David Cicilline, who stepped down this summer to become president and CEO of the Rhode Island Foundation.
- Rhode Island has an immigrant story that everyone can relate to, emphasizes Amo.
- Amo emphasizes after his primary win that the origin of his parents from two West African countries does not change the fact that Rhode Island is a place where people from different countries thrive and build their families.
- Amo, Rhode Island Democratic candidate for the U.S. House, speaks during a campaign stop at a cafe. He faces Republican Gerry Leonard in a special congressional election to complete the term of former Democratic U.S. Rep. David Cicilline. During the primary, Amo won the endorsement of former Democratic U.S. Rep. Patrick Kennedy, who represented the district from 1995 to 2011. The last Republican to represent the 1st Congressional District was Ron Machtley, who served from 1989-1995.
With Manchin Out, Democrats’ Path to Holding the Senate Is Narrow: While the party will be on defense in every competitive race, Republicans face some messy ...
Quick Glance: Democratic Senator Manchin to Step Down
- Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) announced on Thursday that he will not seek re-election in 2024.
- Manchin plans to travel the country and advocate for mobilizing the middle and uniting Americans.
- During a Senate Appropriations committee hearing on November 8, 2023, Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) provided insight into the struggles of Congress to reach a deal to prevent a looming partial government shutdown.
5 biggest questions around third-party and independent bids in 2024: Democrats have little patience for Jill Stein, the Green Party candidate who evokes ...
Harris highlights South Carolina's new importance to Dems in a quick trip to the state
Quick Glance: Biden Registers for South Carolina Primary
- The South Carolina Democratic primary is the first official test of President Joe Biden's re-election strength.
- It's the first contested election for Biden since 2020.
- The registration marks Biden's return to a state he credits with catapulting him to the White House.
- The move of the primaries from Iowa and New Hampshire to South Carolina forces any Democratic challenger to compete first in South Carolina.
Biden loses ground with young voters, prompting Dem concerns: Democrats are raising concerns that President Biden’s standing among young voters is in jeopardy ...
Tammy Murphy, New Jersey's first lady, will seek Bob Menendez's US Senate seat: Tammy Murphy, wife of New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy, plans to run for the Senate ...
Trump edges Biden, but half of voters want new candidates in 2024 field: poll: While a new poll shows former President Trump narrowly beating President Biden in ...
Jill Stein adds to Biden’s 2024 problems: President Biden, already facing dismal approval numbers and multiple liberals looking to replace him ...
Republicans have an ‘electability’ alternative. Democrats, not so much.: A generic Democrat does significantly better than Biden. The actual potential ...
Senate Democratic campaign chairman seeks to defy odds amid Manchin retirement and sets sights on Cruz and Scott
Ilhan Omar headed for primary rematch after narrow 2022 victory: Former Minneapolis City Council member Don Samuels announced Sunday that he would launch a ...
Why Biden shouldn’t be taking Black voter support for granted: A new poll showing President Biden struggling with Black voters has Democratic strategists urging ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!