News articles on this subject
Trump Co-Defendant Jeffrey Clark Has a Rough Day in Court: His lawyers were grilled by a judge as they attempted to move Clark’s Fulton County case to federal ...
Trump official Jeffrey Clark attempts to move Georgia trial to federal court: Judge appears inclined to reject ex-DoJ official’s effort and throws out written ...
Judge to hear request by former DOJ official to move Georgia election charges to federal court
Former DOJ attorney acted under Trump’s direction, his lawyer says: Jeffrey Clark is seeking to move his Fulton County, Ga., eIection interference case to ...
Clark attempts to convince judge to move Georgia charges to federal court: An attorney for former Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark attempted Monday to ...
Judge will hold hearing on ex-DOJ official’s request to move Georgia election case to federal court
Lawyer: Ex-DOJ official’s racketeering case belongs in federal court: Jeffrey Clark was acting as part of his official duties as a U.S. Department of Justice ...
Monica Lewinsky calls for constitutional ban on presidential self-pardons: Monica Lewinsky penned on op-ed Monday calling for a series of constitutional ...
Quick Glance: Monica Lewinsky Calls for Ban on Presidential Self-Pardons
- In an op-ed in Vanity Fair, Lewinsky called for six constitutional amendments, including a ban on presidential self-pardons.
- Lewinsky quoted constitutional law professor Neal Katyal, who warned about the potential danger of former President Trump returning to the White House.
- She also advocated for unspecified age limits for elected officials without naming President Biden directly.
- Legal scholars have been discussing the issue of presidential self-pardons for some time.
Mitt Romney: I’d Rather Vote Dem Than for Trump or Vivek: It would be an “upgrade” from Trump, the Utah senator said.
Quick Glance: Romney Prefers Any Democrat Over Trump in 2024
- Republican Senator Mitt Romney signaled that almost any candidate in the 2024 field, regardless of party, would be an 'upgrade' over another term for former President Trump.
- Romney stated that he would be happy to support and vote for almost any Republican, as well as for some Democrats.
- After Romney announced that he will not seek reelection, this sparked a wave of gloating insults from Trump and his allies.
Trump spokesperson: DeSantis ‘so desperate for attention’ he’s debating ‘Grade A loser’ Gavin Newsom
Quick Glance: Key Points in DeSantis-Newsom Debate on Fox
- DeSantis and Newsom will participate in a 90-minute debate titled 'DeSantis vs. Newsom: The Great Red vs. Blue State Debate,' moderated by Fox News host Sean Hannity.
- Both governors have developed a growing rivalry over the past months and may use the debate to boost their political careers.
- Expect personal attacks between Newsom and DeSantis, as they have criticized each other in the past.
- The outcome of the debate could impact the perception of Florida and California, as both governors have clashed over various political issues.
Trump claims MSNBC coverage part of election interference campaign: Former President Trump attacked MSNBC and its parent company Comcast late Tuesday night ...
Haley in first ad calls for new president with ‘moral clarity’: Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley’s presidential campaign rolled out its first ad of the GOP ...
Quick Glance: Koch Group Backs Haley's 2024 Presidential Run
- Conservative political network led by Charles Koch endorses Nikki Haley for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.
- Group prioritizes defeating Donald Trump in the Republican primaries, believing he would lose to President Joe Biden.
- Koch-affiliated Super PAC, Americans for Prosperity Action, will support Haley with campaign funds and thousands of staffers nationwide.
- Internal group polls show Haley in the best position to defeat Trump in the Republican primaries.
Trump defends mistaking Obama for Biden, says he’s being sarcastic : Former President Trump on Monday defended mistaking former President Obama for President ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Deliberate Mix-Up: Biden and Obama
- Donald Trump claims to intentionally confuse Joe Biden and Barack Obama to suggest potential outside influence on the government.
- His confusions are a prominent attack point for Ron DeSantis, who claims that Trump is not the same candidate he was in 2016.
- Polls show a higher share of voters believe Trump has the stamina and sharpness for the presidency compared to Biden.
- Campaigns from DeSantis and Biden use Trump's errors to highlight and promote them on social media.
‘Fake elector’ probes in 2020 swing states could spell more trouble for Trump: Former President Trump’s four criminal cases have dominated headlines since April ...
Massa concedes to far-right Milei in Argentina’s presidential run-off vote: Argentina’s presidential candidate Sergio Massa has conceded the country’s hotly ...
Trump says charges against him opened "Pandora's box": The former president has sought to delay the trial proceedings until after the 2024 presidential ...
House Democrat apologizes after saying Trump ‘has to be eliminated’: Rep. Daniel Goldman (D-N.Y.) apologized Monday for his “poor choice of words” when he said ...
Georgia DA Fani Willis appears in court to argue that Trump co-defendant's bond should be revoked
Quick Glance: DA Fani Willis Appears in Court for Bond Revocation
- Fani Willis makes rare court appearance to argue for revocation of co-defendant's bond.
- Willis presents the case against Harrison Floyd and argues for bond revocation due to violations.
- Willis demonstrates Floyd's contact with witnesses and co-defendants as a violation of his bond.
- Floyd's attorneys claim Willis' allegations are without merit and retaliatory.
Trump claims he is ‘seriously’ looking at ObamaCare alternatives: Former President Trump over the weekend revived his calls to repeal and replace the Affordable ...
Trump in ‘excellent health,’ personal physician says: Former President Trump is in “excellent health,” according to a letter from his personal physician ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Excellent Health Report
- Former President Trump's personal physician, Bruce Aronwald, states that Trump is in 'excellent health.'
- Aronwald reports that Trump improved his diet, remained physically active, but did not disclose his weight.
- The doctor's letter provides less information than Trump's annual exams during his presidency.
- Trump is the front-runner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, making his health a point of scrutiny.
Louisiana candidate wins by 1 vote in Caddo Parish Sheriff election: In the northwest corner of Louisiana, a candidate for parish sheriff is demanding a recount ...
Trump knocks Dimon for supporting Haley: Former President Trump blasted JPMorgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon on Thursday, after he boosted former U.N ...
Quick Glance: JPMorgan CEO: Support Nikki Haley in 2024 Election
- Dimon backs Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley, urging support from Democrats and emphasizing 'very liberal Democrats'.
- He mentioned having conversations with Haley but stopped short of fully endorsing her.
- Others, like Ken Langone, also plan to support Haley as the only person who can challenge Trump in the elections.
- Dimon's call for bipartisan support for Haley comes amid her rising popularity in the GOP primary field.
Trump widens lead over Biden to 4 points in national survey: Former President Trump widened his lead against President Biden by four points in a hypothetical ...
Trump stresses he wants to replace ObamaCare, not ‘terminate’ it: Former President Trump emphasized late Tuesday night that he wants to “replace” the Affordable ...
DeSantis knocks Trump over BLM leader’s endorsement: ‘Makes perfect sense’: Republican presidential candidate Ron DeSantis knocked former President Trump after ...
McCarthy says he doesn’t criticize Trump on TV because ‘it drives him crazy’: Former GOP Speaker also warns if Trump’s 2024 message is “about revenge, he’ll lose ...
Trump’s ‘vermin’ comment blasted by Biden aides: White House and Biden campaign aides on Monday slammed former President Trump over his comments from the weekend ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Alarming Rhetoric: 'Rooting Out' Political Opponents
- Donald Trump vowed to 'root out' his political opponents, likening them to 'vermin,' alarming historians and experts.
- A Trump campaign spokesman dismissed the backlash to his speech, but some historians found the parallels alarming.
- Trump boasted of his leadership on the world stage and emphasized 'peace through strength' at a rally in New Hampshire.
- His comments received immediate pushback from critics and historians, drawing unsettling comparisons to infamous authoritarians.
Eric Trump says his father’s in a better position to win election than previous years
Quick Glance: Trump's Legal Team Prepares Defense in NY Fraud Trial
- Former President Trump’s legal team will present their defense in a complex civil fraud case against his business empire on Monday.
- They aim to shape the narrative of his business transactions and argue against paying hefty financial penalties to New York state for fraud.
- Facing a tough challenge, Trump’s team was found liable for fraud by Judge Arthur Engoron before the trial, putting his iconic properties at risk.
- New York appeals court temporarily halted the revocation of business licenses pending Trump’s case hearing.
Sen. Tim Scott drops out of 2024 presidential race, shocking donors and campaign staff
Quick Glance: Tim Scott Withdraws from 2024 GOP Presidential Race
- Seven candidates participated in the second Republican primary debate as former US President Donald Trump once again declined to participate.
- Republican presidential candidate and Senator from South Carolina, Tim Scott, announced his withdrawal from the primary race.
- Scott made the announcement on the Fox News program 'Sunday Night in America with Trey Gowdy.'
- The withdrawal came shortly after the third Republican primary debate, following Scott's temporary rise in early state polling during the summer.
Former Trump loyalists who pleaded guilty in Georgia criminal case shed light on election reversal efforts in conversations with prosecutors
Quick Glance: Former Trump Loyalists Reveal Election Reversal Efforts
- Former Trump loyalists shed light on their efforts to reverse the election in conversations with prosecutors.
- Attorneys and a bail bondsman revealed details of conversations with Trump associates and planned actions for election manipulation.
- Statements from Ellis, Powell, Chesebro, and Hall illuminate Trump's efforts to challenge the election and retain power.
- The former Trump associates disclosed details in videotaped conversations with prosecutors regarding their role in the election reversal efforts.
The election interference case against Trump is taking shape: Prosecutors are tying former President Donald Trump to the violent events on Jan. 6, 2021 ...
Trump power grab comes into focus in leaked Georgia videos: Leaked videos showing four Georgia defendants speaking to prosecutors in the racketeering case ...
Why Rep. Elise Stefanik could be Trump’s veep pick in 2024: Here are five reasons why Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) could be Trump’s running mate.
‘Travesty in darkness’: Trump backs drive to televise his D.C. election-subversion trial
Speaker Johnson says he’s ‘all in’ for Trump in 2024: Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) said Tuesday he is “all in” for backing former President Trump in next year’s ...
Quick Glance: Senate Passes Legislation to Prevent Government Shutdown
- The Senate approved a bill on Wednesday to extend funding for federal agencies and sent the legislation to prevent a government shutdown to President Biden, just days before the weekend deadline.
- The bill, passed by a vote of 87-11, signifies a significant de-escalation between congressional Democrats and the new House Speaker, Mike Johnson (R-La.).
- Without the new spending measure, referred to as a continuing resolution or CR, the government would have closed shortly after midnight on Saturday, compelling federal employees - including military personnel and airport security officers - to work without pay or go on furlough on the eve of Thanksgiving.
- These concessions were sufficient to secure easy bipartisan support in the Senate, which is much less concerned with spending debates.
The Economist names Trump "biggest danger" for 2024: Another four years for Trump in the White House would be "more damaging" this time ...
Here's how to watch the 3rd GOP presidential debate: The two-hour debate will start at 8 p.m. Eastern in Miami on Wednesday. It's being moderated by ...
Quick Glance: Haley Wins, Ramaswamy Loses Third Debate, Poll Shows
- Former UN Ambassador Nikki Haley emerges as winner of third GOP presidential debate, according to poll.
- 34% of Republican voters rate Haley as best performer.
- Ron DeSantis takes second place with 23% of the votes.
- More than half of voters rate Haley's performance as excellent or very good.
Fulton County DA expects Georgia election subversion case against Trump won’t conclude before 2024 election
6 in 10 Trump voters say there’s a ‘chance’ they choose another candidate: Poll: More than 60 percent of Trump primary voters said there is “at least some ...
Georgia prosecutors seek an August 2024 trial start for Trump's election case: Prosecutors in Georgia have proposed a start date of Aug. 5, 2024 ...
Quick Glance: DA Requests August Start Date for Trump's Georgia Election Trial
- Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is requesting an August 5, 2024 start date for the trial of former President Donald Trump and his co-defendants in the Georgia election interference case.
- Willis originally sought to have all 19 defendants stand trial together last month, but Judge Scott McAfee severed the case.
- In the recent filing, the DA stated that the August date 'balances potential delays from Defendant Trump's other criminal trials,' as well as the other defendants' constitutional speedy-trial rights.
- Willis expects the trial to last 'many months,' meaning a trial with an August start date could still be underway at the time of the 2024 presidential election.
Trump lawyers urge court to revoke gag order in 2020 election case: Trump attorney John Sauer told a three-judge panel on Monday that the order was unprecedented ...
Manchin 2024 chatter puts spotlight on No Labels: The efforts of No Labels to organize a third-party ticket in 2024 got a potential boost with Sen ...
Biden: Trump’s ‘vermin’ remark echoes language used in Nazi Germany: President Biden on Tuesday slammed former President Trump’s recent remarks in which he ...
Quick Glance: Biden criticizes Trump's 'vermin' remark, compares to Nazi rhetoric
- President Joe Biden warned donors that Donald Trump would use his presidency for 'revenge and retribution.'
- Biden criticized Trump's use of the word 'vermin' and likened it to Nazi terminology.
- He emphasized that the real threat is from the radical left and is growing.
- Biden also criticized Trump for his verbal attacks on Paul Pelosi and his jobs record.
Trump belief that 2020 election was stolen is not a defense, DOJ says: Prosecutors for Special Counsel Jack Smith said they can prove Donald Trump used deceit to ...
Trump labels DeSantis ‘Absentee Governor of Florida’: Former President Trump slammed fellow 2024 GOP presidential candidate Ron DeSantis early Wednesday morning ...
Illinois Gov. Pritzker says he’s ‘deeply concerned’ about Trump’s retaliation rhetoric
Top evangelical says ‘Iowa will rise up’ against Trump: Influential Iowa evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats is doubling down on his disdain for former ...
Quick Glance: Trump's Accusation Sparks Controversy
- Iowa evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats endorses Ron DeSantis over Trump, causing a stir.
- Donald Trump alleges Vander Plaats of 'scamming' following his endorsement of Ron DeSantis.
- Vander Plaats, influential among Republican voters in Iowa, becomes a key figure in the presidential race.
- DeSantis also gains support from Iowa's Republican governor, Kim Reynolds.
Let Americans decide for themselves: Televise Trump’s trials: It puts the American people in charge of examining the truth behind these prosecutions without the ...
Trump is out for vengeance, not Republican political empowerment: Trump’s recent announcement of his intention to prosecute those he sees as enemies makes it ...
Trump co-defendant in Georgia who pleaded guilty could testify in other cases: After pleading guilty in Georgia, Kenneth Chesebro has been approached by ...
Modeling finds Trump taking back four states, beating Biden in electoral college: Stack Data Strategy is projecting that former President Trump would beat ...
Trump expands lead over Biden in 2024 match-up: Poll: Former President Trump’s lead over President Biden in a hypothetical 2024 match-up is growing ...
Hillary Clinton warns against Trump 2024 win: ‘Hitler was duly elected’: Former first lady and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the wreckage from another ...
Trump on Pence’s 2024 presidential race exit: ‘He should endorse me’: Former President Trump said his former vice president should endorse him during a Saturday ...
Quick Glance: Trump calls on former VP Pence to endorse him
- Trump urges Mike Pence to support his bid for the White House.
- Trump reaffirms his strong support for Israel and Jewish Americans.
- Trump falsely claims that Pence had the power to overturn the election results.
- Trump speaks positively about his relationship with Netanyahu and supports increased military assistance to Israel.
RFK Jr. leads 2024 candidates in favorability poll: Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. currently leads the pack of 2024 presidential ...
Peter Thiel says Trump administration was ‘crazier’ and ‘more dangerous’ than he expected
Quick Glance: Peter Thiel Reveals Critical Views on Trump Administration
- Thiel, co-founder of PayPal, publicly supported Trump and was a financial advocate.
- In a recently published interview with The Atlantic, Thiel stated that he is not making donations to the former president or other candidates in the 2024 presidential election.
- "Voting for Trump was like a not very clear cry for help," he said.
- Thiel said that he continues to not believe that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, and he called the former president's attempts to overturn the results 'not helpful'.
Campaign, court gag order collide with Trump attack on likely witness: Trump’s ability to conform to the order, and a judge’s ability to police it ...
Quick Glance: Federal judge imposes limited gag order in Trump's 2020 election interference case
- The federal judge, Tanya Chutkan, has issued a narrow gag order preventing Trump from publicly commenting on prosecutors, court staff, and potential witnesses.
- Trump's lawyers will seek an emergency stay of the order.
- The defense argues that Trump has the right to criticize prosecutors and 'speak truth to oppression'.
- Trump denies any wrongdoing in the case.
Sununu suggests he’d vote for Trump over Biden : New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R) suggested in an interview published on Tuesday that he would back former ...
Rep Donalds says he’d be Trump’s vice president: ‘Who wouldn’t?’: Rep. Byron Donalds (R-Fla.) on Thursday said he would accept if former President Trump offered ...
Pompeo: US to back Ukraine no matter who wins presidential election: Mike Pompeo, a former U.S. State Secretary in Donald Trump's administration ...
Trump's second-term agenda: deportations, trade wars, drug dealer death penalty: Republican Donald Trump is planning to punish his political enemies ...
Christie predicts Trump will be a ‘felon’ by the spring: 2024 GOP presidential candidate Chris Christie predicted former President Trump will be a convicted ...
Judge issues protective order in Trump's Georgia election interference case: The order comes after ABC obtained video from two proffer interviews.
Quick Glance: Judge Orders Protection of Sensitive Evidence in Trump Election Case
- Judge issues protective order for sensitive discovery materials in Donald Trump's election fraud case in Georgia.
- Judge McAfee highlights the undermining of the process by public pretrial materials sharing.
- Fulton County district attorney's office will designate sensitive discovery materials.
- Defense attorneys permitted to store materials in good faith.
Christie to pro-Trump crowd in Florida: ‘Your anger against the truth is reprehensible’
Quick Glance: Christie criticizes pro-Trump crowd in Florida: 'Your rage against the truth is unacceptable'
- Christie was booed at the Freedom Summit event of the Florida Republican Party on Saturday.
- Christie informed the dissatisfied crowd that they have the right to reject his arguments, he just needs the opportunity to express them.
- He stated that the crowd is afraid of the truth.
- Christie urged that we should allocate our time to discuss the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas.
Fani Willis’ Proposed New RICO Trial Date Could Ruin Trump’s 2024 Plans: The Fulton County DA wants to put Trump on trial just three months before the ...
Attorney Jenna Ellis, who helped Donald Trump in his bid to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in Georgia, has pleaded guilty to a reduced felony ... Show more
Quick Glance: Jenna Ellis pleads guilty over efforts to overturn Georgia's election
- Jenna Ellis, attorney and prominent conservative media figure, reaches a deal and pleads guilty to a reduced charge related to efforts to overturn Donald Trump's 2020 election loss in Georgia.
- Ellis pleads guilty to aiding and abetting false statements and writings.
- The indictment against Ellis includes accusations of helping author plans to disrupt and delay the certification of the 2020 election results.
- Powell pleads guilty to six misdemeanors accusing her of conspiring to intentionally interfere with the performance of election duties.
2024 will be stressful for those who care about liberal democracy: In theory 2024 should be a triumphant year for democracy. In practice it will be the opposite ...
Democrats make Speaker Mike Johnson their new 2024 boogeyman: Democrats are seeking to make new Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) a boogeyman going into next year’s ...
Quick Glance: The Role of Speaker Mike Johnson's Religious Views in Politics
- Newly elected House Speaker Mike Johnson, currently serving his fourth term in Congress, is gaining attention for his strong religious views and how they shape his political decisions.
- During a recent interview on Fox News, Johnson was asked by a member of the media about his thoughts on various topics.
- House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries criticized Johnson for his extreme anti-abortion stance.
- Kelley Robinson, President of the Human Rights Campaign, described Johnson as the most anti-equality Speaker in the U.S. in a statement to ABC News.
Trump leads Biden in 4 key swing states, new polling finds: Former President Donald Trump holds an edge over President Joe Biden in a series of hypothetical ...
Sidney Powell pleads guilty in Georgia Trump election case: A former federal prosecutor says Sidney Powell’s guilty plea in the case over efforts to overturn ...
Quick Glance: Trump denies being Sidney Powell's attorney
- Trump claims that Sidney Powell was never his lawyer.
- Trump reiterated false claims about winning the 2020 presidential election.
- Powell received six months probation, a $6,000 fine, and $2,700 restitution as punishment.
- A bail bondsman named Scott Hall pled guilty last month.
Trump’s gag order appeal previews America’s grave election year stress test: Donald Trump may have found his “heads-I-win, tails-you-lose” legal challenge.
Trump leads Biden in head-to-head 2024 rematch: Poll: Former President Trump is narrowly beating President Biden in a 2024 hypothetical match-up ...
America will need a new vocabulary to discuss its presidential election: The US election in 2024 will be unprecedented, uncharted and not unthinkable ...
Romney could back Biden against Trump, biographer says: Sen. Mitt Romney’s (R-Utah) biographer, McKay Coppins, said he would not be surprised if the retiring ...
Lawsuit to block Trump from Colorado 2024 ballot survives more legal challenges: A judge has rejected three more attempts by former President Donald Trump and ...
Biden Trails Trump In 5 Battleground States—But Odds Are Much Better For Another Democrat, Poll Says
Quick Glance: Biden trails Trump in 5 of 6 crucial battleground states
- Biden is behind Trump in five of the six most important battleground states.
- Doubts about Biden's age and dissatisfaction with his economic policies influence Americans' opinions.
- Trump now leads by an average of 48 percent to 44 percent in the six states.
- Biden would need to win many of these states again to be re-elected.
Biden trolls Trump after election night victories: ‘We haven’t stopped winning’: At a Thursday fundraising event in Chicago, President Biden trolled Republicans ...
MAGA-dominated state Republican parties plagued by infighting, money woes: National Republicans fear the cash crunch could hamper field operations in key swing ...
Trump should pick Haley as VP, McCarthy says: Former Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said in an interview Wednesday that he would advise former President Trump ...
Trump to appear on Minnesota ballot after 14th Amendment challenge dismissed: Former President Trump will now appear on the Minnesota ballot after the state ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!