Yelena Kostyutschenko is a Russian journalist and Putin critic. In the fall of 2022 ...
Quick Glance: Kremlin's Attempt to Kill Jelena Kostjutschenko
- Attempted to wash myself with wet paper towels
- Continued working on book despite worsening condition
- Sweated and dried myself off
- Interrogation at Berlin Criminal Police, 9 hours
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy told 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley the world must unite against Russian President Vladimir Putin ... Show more
Quick Glance: Zelenskyy warns of Putin and impending World War III
- Zelenskyy warns that Putin could cause World War III if not stopped in Ukraine.
- Zelenskyy says Putin is counting on U.S. instability during the 2024 election.
- Zelenskyy says drone strikes will continue if Russia keeps attacking infrastructure.
Quick Glance: Norway plans restrictions on Russian cars
- Norway plans to restrict the entry of private cars with Russian license plates.
- The Norwegian Foreign Ministry is currently working on new rules to limit the import of Russian cars into the country.
- If Norway does not lift its ban, problems may arise on the six roads between Norway and Finland, where only random customs checks are conducted.
- The entire eastern border of the EU is closed to Russian cars - Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia have made the same decision earlier this week.
Quick Glance: New Swiss Foreign Policy
- Radical rethink of foreign policy due to Russian aggression
- Neutrality based on the 1907 Hague Convention
- Neutrality in the national interest of the majority
- Switzerland's good offices in relation to neutrality
Quick Glance: Polish Politics Shaped by 'Ukraine Fatigue'
- Poland provides leading military assistance to protect Poland from Russian aggression.
- The change in tone of the Polish government regarding Ukraine is surprising.
- There is discussion about the importance of Ukraine's gratitude for Polish support.
- Andrzej Duda compared Ukraine to a drowning man endangering his rescuers.
Quick Glance: Finland Bans Cars with Russian Number Plates
- Finland plans to ban the entry of cars with Russian number plates, following the example of the Baltic States.
- The European Commission aims to prevent sanctions evasion by banning cars registered in Russia.
Leak suggests the oil and gas tycoon and his ex-wife Dasha Zhukova amassed ...
‘You could fill a museum with it’
Quick Glance: Dispute over Abramovich's Private Collection: Artworks Amidst War Fog
- Abramovich attempts to protect art collection from sanctions
- Legal maneuvers employed prior to Russian invasion of Ukraine
Quick Glance: US to Provide Long-Range ATACMS Missiles to Kyiv - Media Reports
- According to media reports, Ukraine will receive ATACMS missiles with a range of up to 300 km.
- This would allow Kyiv to target Russian positions deep behind the front line.
- President Biden reportedly informed Ukrainian President Zelensky that Kyiv would receive 'a small number' of ATACMS missiles.
- The US and Ukraine have not officially confirmed the American media reports.
Quick Glance: Revelation: Swiss Asset Management Firm Assists Clients with Fraud and Corruption Allegations
- Finaport, a Zurich-based asset manager, collaborated with politically exposed individuals and clients accused of fraud and corruption.
- A Finaport client withdrew more than $500 million from a Russian bank that later collapsed.
- According to an internal audit, the company reported only two suspicious transaction cases to the Swiss regulator between 2017 and 2019.
- The leaked documents uncover how Finaport aided Kondratenkov in opening Swiss bank accounts using a second, Chilean identity.
Quick Glance: Zelenskiy thanks Canada for aid in war against Russia
- Canada has committed over CAD 8 billion in aid to Ukraine since 2022.
- Zelenskiy expresses gratitude for Canada's support with weapons and equipment.
- Canada will provide substantial macroeconomic support in 2024.
- Ottawa imposes additional sanctions on 63 Russian individuals and entities.
The Chechen leader is apparently seriously ill. Putin is in danger of losing his ...
Person of the Week: Ramzan Kadyrov
Quick Glance: Kadyrow Absence: Problem for Putin?
- Videos of allegedly healthy Kadyrow do not dispel doubts.
- Absence of the leader would have unpredictable political consequences.
Ukraine used Storm Shadow long-range missiles in a strike against the ...
Quick Glance: Ukraine Strikes Russian Black Sea Fleet Headquarters
- Ukraine uses Storm Shadow long-range missiles to strike the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol.
- Romania's Prime Minister Marcel Ciolacu announces visit to Kyiv to finalize agreement on Ukrainian grain imports.
- Czechia in talks with Sweden to train Ukrainian pilots on Gripen fighter jets.
- Russian forces launch missile attack on Kremenchuk, Poltava Oblast, resulting in civilian casualties.
Quick Glance: Azerbaijan halts Karabakh offensive after ceasefire with Armenian separatists
- Russia evacuated 2,000 ethnic Armenians from villages near the fighting.
- Approximately 120,000 ethnic Armenians live in the South Caucasus enclave, internationally recognized as part of Azerbaijan.
- Under the ceasefire terms, local Karabakh forces must completely disband and disarm.
- Russia stated that its peacekeepers have evacuated 2,000 people from Karabakh villages since the offensive began.
Quick Glance: Crimean Bridge closed for nearly one hour
- According to Russian sources, the Crimean Bridge was closed by Russian proxy authorities in occupied Crimea for nearly an hour during the night of September 12.
- Approximately 50 minutes later, traffic on the bridge resumed.
- On September 10, the Ukrainian military reported the continued inability of the Crimean Bridge to function normally following a drone strike in July.
- The 19-kilometer long bridge, also referred to as the Kerch Bridge, links the Russian mainland with the Russian-occupied Crimean peninsula.
Exchange of blows before the UN Security Council: In his speech, Federal Chancellor ...
Quick Glance: Scholz Supports Peace Efforts in Ukraine
- Chancellor Scholz calls for intensified efforts to end the war at the UN General Assembly.
- Warning against a false peace and labeling peace without justice as dictatorship.
- 19 months have passed since the Russian invasion in Ukraine without a foreseeable end.
- Scholz expresses satisfaction with progress on the reform issue and the climate summit during the UN General Assembly.
Here's everything we know about Kim Jong Un's life: Despite how secretive North Korea is, a lot is known about its supreme leader Kim Jong Un ...
Suddenly it becomes clear what is behind the Ukrainian attack on the ...
Quick Glance: Ukraine breaks through final Russian defense line
- Clarity emerges behind the attack on the headquarters of the Russian Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol.
- The USA promises Ukraine a limited number of ATACMS missiles.
- Recent events in the war against Ukraine.
- Ukraine breaks through the final Russian defense line in Zaporizhia.
Estonia is banning the entry of cars with Russian number plates as of ...
All Baltic States ban entry of cars with Russian number plates
Quick Glance: Estonia Bans Entry of Cars with Russian Number Plates: EU Recommendations Implemented
- Starting today at 10:00, Estonia will deny entry to Russian registered vehicles.
- Thus, Estonia complies with the EU recommendations to prohibit private cars with Russian registration plates from entering the EU.
- The Tax and Customs Department conducts appropriate procedures for vehicles with Russian registration plates at border checkpoints.
- On September 8, the European Commission published an explanation regarding long-established restrictions on importing and exporting goods to or from Russia.
Quick Glance: Slovakia declares Russian 'diplomat' unwelcome
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Slovakia has decided to remove an employee of the Russian embassy due to a 'gross violation' of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.
- Slovakia does not specify the nature of the violation, but it is usually related to spying activities under diplomatic cover.
- A Russian 'diplomat' declared unwelcome must leave the territory of Slovakia within 48 hours.
- The last time Slovakia removed employees of the Russian embassy was in March 2022, soon after the beginning of the Russian full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
Quick Glance: Russia Reports Intense Shelling of Bakhmut, Situation Tense
- Ukrainian forces heavily shell the city of Bakhmut and launch coordinated attacks on several villages in the region, according to a Russian official on Friday.
- He added: "The situation in Bakhmut remains tense, the city itself is under chaotic shelling."
- Pushilin listed several villages in the north of Donetsk near the city of Lyman that were allegedly attacked by Ukrainian forces, but claimed that the attacks had been repelled.
- He also stated that Ukrainian forces are massing assault battalions north of Bakhmut.
Quick Glance: China's Top Diplomat Wang Yi Visits Russia for Security Talks
- Russian media reports suggest that Mr. Wang's trip will also pave the way for Mr. Putin's upcoming visit to Beijing.
- China's foreign ministry has stated that Mr. Wang is in Russia for a four-day 'strategic security consultation'.
- China may view North Korea as a valuable ally in supporting Russia in the Ukraine war.
- Mr. Wang's visit to Russia comes a day after his meeting with US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan in Malta.
Quick Glance: Is Russia Exchanging Fighter Jets for North Korean Artillery Projectiles?
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un visited a factory that manufactures advanced fighter aircraft during his tour of Russia.
- Kim inspected manufacturing facilities at the Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Production Association (KnAAPO) in the Russian Far East, leading to speculation about a potential exchange of artillery projectiles and other materials for new or at least newer jets to modernize North Korea's aging air force.
- Official photos of Kim's visit to KnAAPO show the North Korean leader accompanied by Russia's Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Industry and Trade, Denis Manturov.
- A customer without the scruples of North Korea could be an attractive alternative if the offer is right.
Recommended for you