News articles on this subject
John Means flirts with another no-hitter to help Orioles beat Guardians, 2-1, ending 3-game skid
Orioles closer Félix Bautista named AL Reliever of the Year after dominant 2023: Orioles closer Félix Bautista was named the recipient of the AL Reliever of the ...
Quick Glance: Brandon Hyde Receives AL Manager of the Year Award
- Brandon Hyde has been recognized as the 2023 American League Manager of the Year.
- Baltimore achieved 101 wins and had the best league record in Hyde's fifth season at the helm.
- Hyde joins the ranks of Baltimore managers who have received the award since 1983.
- The team's performance places Hyde alongside Hall of Famer Earl Weaver as the only manager to lead the Orioles to a 100-win season.
Kyle Gibson, Orioles’ wins leader in 2023, signs 1-year deal with Cardinals: Kyle Gibson was 15-9 with a 4.73 ERA and 157 strikeouts over 192 innings in his only ...
Baltimore Sun - We are currently unavailable in your region
Guardians’ José Ramírez returns to winter ball, and his teammates follow: Gabriel Arias, shutdown late in the season because of a broken right wirst ...
Gunnar Henderson, Corbin Carroll take MLB’s rookie of the year honors: The Orioles’ infielder and Diamondbacks’ outfielder each collected 30 of 30 first-place ...
Quick Glance: 2023 Rookie Stars: Henderson and Carroll Shine
- MLB's annual awards week is here, and the Orioles' Gunnar Henderson and the Diamondbacks' Corbin Carroll were named the 2023 Jackie Robinson Rookies of the Year.
- Carroll made history as the D-backs' first Rookie of the Year.
- Discover key details about Henderson and Carroll's 2023 Rookie of the Year honors and the competitive races in each league.
- Henderson joins an elite group as the seventh Orioles player to be Rookie of the Year, ranking sixth among AL pitchers with a 3.6 WAR, the highest for an AL rookie since John Means' 4.4 WAR in 2019.
Why You Should Nap More: Napping isn’t just for babies. It can be great for adults, too. Learn why. from WedMD's slideshow.
Penguins Take Thousands of Naps Every Day: The birds’ impressive ability to nod off may be an adaptation to an environment of constant interruptions.
Former Orioles closer Zack Britton announces retirement: ‘Looking forward to the next chapter’
Cleveland Guardians’ 2024 Opening Day tickets on sale: Single-game tickets for the Cleveland Guardians’ 2024 home opener are on sale.
Orioles sign Jorge Mateo, 3 others to 2024 deals, tender contracts to remaining 13 arbitration-eligible players
Cardinals reach one-year deal with veteran starter, Mizzou product Kyle Gibson: A source confirms to the Post-Dispatch that right-hander and Cardinals are ...
Orioles hiring Braves bullpen coach Drew French as pitching coach: The Orioles will hire Drew French, the Atlanta Braves’ bullpen coach for the past three ...
Orioles unveil 2024 home first pitch times, including 6:35 p.m. games on weeknights
The Orioles will soon reach at least $1.3 billion in public benefits since 1988. They’re expected to ask for more.
Orioles’ Gunnar Henderson, Adley Rutschman both finish in top 10 of AL MVP voting
Cleveland’s BBWAA chapter honors Guardians Josh Naylor, Tanner Bibee and Terry Francona
Guardians trade Cal Quantrill to Rockies for minor league catcher: Quantrill was designated for assignment by Cleveland on Tuesday.
Guardians complete manager Stephen Vogt’s coaching staff for 2024 season: Newcomers include Rouglas Odor, Kai Correa, Brad Goldberg and Josh Tubbs.
Guardians fans thankful for Tito, TV options and talented rookie pitching in 2023
Broncos vs. Browns: 3 takeaways from Denver's 29-12 win against Cleveland: Here are three takeaways from the Broncos' fifth win in row.
Rare baseball card expected to fetch $10M at auction: The 1914 Baltimore News Babe Ruth Rookie card, one of only ten known to be in existence,
Kyle Bradish places fourth in AL Cy Young voting, an Orioles starter’s highest finish since 1999
Orioles make no additions to 40-man roster ahead of Rule 5 draft protection deadline
Braves lose yet another member of staff to Orioles: The hits keep on coming to Brian Snitker and this Braves coaching staff, as yet another member is departing ...
DeMarlo Hale leaving Guardians to take spot on Blue Jays’ bench: DeMarlo Hale, who served as Terry Francona's bench coach for three seasons ...
As lease nears end, Orioles and Maryland may consider development rights separately
Short Naps Have Major Benefits for Your Mind: A light midday snooze boosts memory and other types of cognition—and your mood
MLB Rookie of the Year: Who is most likely to win the big prize this year?: The 2023 MLB Best of the Season awards season will be announced the following week ...
Bill Madden: It’s disgraceful the way baseball’s analytics obsession has turned on its managers
2023 Platinum Glove: Fernando Tatís Jr., Andrés Giménez awarded for defense: The fan-centric award honors "the best of the best" from each league.
Orioles phenoms Adley Rutschman, Gunnar Henderson win first career Silver Slugger Awards
Guardians’ players excited, teammates not surprised Stephen Vogt is a big-league manager
Orioles’ Gunnar Henderson, Brandon Hyde among finalists for AL Rookie, Manager of the Year
Orioles GM Mike Elias named MLB Executive of the Year after unprecedented 101-win season
Orioles’ Gunnar Henderson named AL Outstanding Rookie by fellow players: On Thursday, Baltimore infielder Gunnar Henderson was named the AL’s Outstanding Rookie ...
Dan Rodricks: Why do the Orioles and Ravens need $1.2 billion in stadium improvements? | STAFF COMMENTARY
Guardians right-hander a finalist for American League Rookie of the Year award: Tanner Bibee is among the top three vote-getters for the American League's ...
Orioles’ Adley Rutschman, Gunnar Henderson, Anthony Santander named Silver Slugger Award finalists
Relive the Rangers’ World Series run with an iconic quote from every game: The story of the Rangers’ magical World Series run through the players’ own words.
Guardians third baseman José Ramírez a finalist for Silver Slugger Award in the American League
Orioles infielder Gunnar Henderson, manager Brandon Hyde, GM Mike Elias win Sporting News awards
Quick Glance: Orioles' Henderson, Hyde, and Elias Win Sporting News Awards
- Mike Elias named MLB Executive of the Year and Brandon Hyde wins AL Manager of the Year, voted by their peers.
- Infielder Gunnar Henderson named AL Rookie of the Year, voted by 376 players, according to The Sporting News.
- Elias took over in November 2018 after the Orioles' franchise-worst 115-game season.
- The club made further progress this year as the AL's top regular season team with the best farm system in the sport.
Former Guardians infielder an eyewitness to Stephen Vogt’s homer in the last at-bat of his career
World Series manager says don’t get the wrong impression about Guardians’ Stephen Vogt
6 Orioles nominated for All-MLB Team honoring top players at each position: Six Orioles — Adley Rutschman, Gunnar Henderson, Anthony Santander, Kyle Bradish ...
Alanis Morissette to perform at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia in June; Joan Jett also on the bill
Guardians coaches Mike Sarbaugh, Rigo Beltran, replay coordinator Mike Barnett won’t be back
Four Guardians players among finalists for All-MLB honors: Cleveland closer Emmanuel Clase looks to repeat as a first-team All-MLB selection.
Ex-Cleveland outfielder joining Guardians’ division rival as coach: Grady Sizemore will be back in a major league dugout with the White Sox in 2024.
2 ex-Cleveland sports greats to be featured guests at 455 Club holiday party: The 455 Club’s annual holiday party is coming up. Len Barker and Kevin Mack are ...
Orioles’ Adley Rutschman, Ryan Mountcastle, Austin Hays named Gold Glove Award finalists
Former Orioles manager and second baseman Davey Johnson, GM Hank Peters on Baseball Hall of Fame committee ballot
Craig Counsell is in Cleveland interviewing for Guardians’ manager’s job: Craig Counsell has led the Brewers to the postseason five times in the last six years.
Guardians teammates honored as top defenders at their positions: Andrés Giménez and Steven Kwan earned 2023 Fielding Bible Awards on Thursday.
For Bobby Knight, a Basketball Legend, Baseball Provided a Comforting Coda: As his memory declined, Bobby Knight, the volatile former Indiana University ...
Quick Glance: Basketball Legend Bob Knight Passes Away at 83
- Under his leadership, Indiana reached elite status in men's college basketball and became the most consistently successful program in the Big Ten.
- He led IU to national championships in 1976, 1981, and 1987.
- It appeared that Knight was choking former Indiana basketball player Neil Reed.
- Indiana fans and students protested on campus for several days.
Orioles arbitration FAQ: What you need to know about Baltimore’s first big offseason decisions
Orioles celebration hosted by Downtown Partnership to go on Friday in Baltimore: Originally framed as a “postseason rally,” the celebration gives Orioles fans an ...
Orioles on brink of elimination after falling to Rangers, 11-8, in Game 2 of ALDS
Quick Glance: Rangers Defeat Orioles, One Win Away from ALCS
- Rangers win 11-8 against Baltimore in Game 2 of the AL Division Series
- Houston wins the first game of the ALDS against Minnesota
- Game 2 to be played at 7 p.m. on Sunday
- Rangers score the most runs in a postseason game
Orioles’ Gunnar Henderson, Kyle Bradish, Ryan O’Hearn named finalists for player-voted MLBPA awards
Guardians claim catcher from Tampa Bay on waivers: Cleveland claimed catcher Christian Bethancourt from Tampa Bay on waivers Monday.
Adam Jones to throw first pitch, Joan Jett to sing national anthem before Orioles’ playoff opener Saturday vs. Rangers
Quick Glance: Adam Jones to Make First Pitch, Joan Jett to Perform National Anthem before Orioles Playoff Opener against Rangers
- Former Orioles center fielder Adam Jones will throw the first pitch, and musician Joan Jett will perform the national anthem before the Orioles' American League Division Series opener against the Texas Rangers on Saturday at 1:03 p.m.
- Two legends will help kick off the Orioles' first playoff game at Camden Yards since 2014.
- Joan Jett, a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame singer-songwriter of the band Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, is a lifelong Orioles fan.
- Jett, 65, grew up in Rockville and has long displayed her Orioles fandom.
Texas Rangers Use Creed (Yes, the Band) to Propel Themselves Into ALCS: The Texas Rangers took themselves higher on Tuesday, completing a sweep of the Orioles in ...
Baltimore ‘Action Plan’ to ‘immediately enhance the appearance and atmosphere of downtown’ | GUEST COMMENTARY
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!