Quick Glance: Candidate engages in sexual acts with husband in live videos for high-stakes election
- Campaign denounces sharing of videos as a violation of the law and privacy
- Gibson calls exposure of videos 'the worst gutter politics'
- Dissemination of videos violates Virginia's revenge porn law
- Top-ranking Democrat defends Gibson after videos are reported
Quick Glance: The Significance of Shoe Lane's Destruction: A Personal Perspective
- The construction of Christopher Newport displaced Black homeowners, shattering their hopes due to racism.
- Months of research in Newport News libraries and city offices allowed me to uncover Shoe Lane's history.
- A reliable source informed me about the demolition of Shoe Lane, and a paper by Professor Phillip Hamilton.
- During my visit to Newport News, I observed a house on Shoe Lane, isolated by Christopher Newport buildings and accessible only through a university parking lot.
James Madison erased deficits of 25 and 20 points to defeat Sun Belt rivals ...
Quick Glance: JMU's Impressive Comeback Victory Over Virginia
- JMU staged an impressive comeback in the fourth quarter, overcoming an 11-point deficit to secure a thrilling 36-35 win at Scott Stadium.
- The game began evenly matched, resulting in a scoreless first quarter, while the Dolphins held a 21-14 lead at halftime.
- The second half was completely dominated by the Dolphins, who amassed 31 points, highlighted by Troy Vincent's spectacular 69-yard interception return.
- Lions kicker Errol Mann delivered an outstanding performance with four successful field goals, including two crucial kicks from 43 and 47 yards in the second half.
Auto workers are on strike at General Motors, Ford and Stellantis ...
UAW strike Day 4
Quick Glance: UAW resumes talks with Stellantis, Chrysler's parent company
- The United Auto Workers and Stellantis have resumed their negotiations as the strike against the Detroit Three automakers enters its fourth day.
- Analysts and industry representatives are questioning how long it will take for the UAW to strike at additional locations to increase pressure on the automakers.
- The strikes have halted production at plants in Michigan, Ohio, and Missouri that manufacture the Ford Bronco, Jeep Wrangler, Chevrolet Colorado, and other popular models.
- Ford has temporarily laid off 600 non-striking workers at the Michigan Bronco plant due to the impact of the work stoppage.
President Joe Biden said Republicans wanted to impeach him because they want to shut down the government, hours after the White House denounced plans to launch ... Show more
Quick Glance: Biden accuses Republicans of government shutdown
- Inquiry focuses on potential benefits from Hunter Biden's business dealings.
- Biden says Republicans want to impeach him to shut down the government.
- Biden does not prioritize the impeachment inquiry.
- White House defends Biden against impeachment inquiry and allegations.
Quick Glance: White House monitors House GOP dysfunction as government shutdown approaches
- Biden aides communicate with congressional leaders about extending the federal funding deadline.
- Economists predict moderate growth impact from a government shutdown, followed by potential greater growth.
- The White House acknowledges the possibility of a shutdown, with potential political consequences for the GOP.
- House Republicans are blamed for not adhering to the debt ceiling agreement reached in June.
Quick Glance: Music World Mourns Dream Weaver Singer Gary Wright (Passed Away at 80)
- Legendary talent Gary Wright, the iconic musician celebrated for timeless hits like "Dream Weaver" and "Love Is Alive," has passed away at the age of 80.
- Cause of death undisclosed, but legacy as a powerfully soulful singer and versatile keyboardist lives on.
- Alongside pianist Mike Harrison and drummer Mike Kellie, Spooky Tooth was born, with Wright as the charismatic singer and organist.
- In 1975, Gary Wright released The Dream Weaver featuring the mesmerizing title track, inspired by his spiritual journey to India with Harrison.
Quick Glance: Google Reduces Recruitment Team Staff
- Google confirms layoffs in its global recruitment team this week.
- The company decides to reduce the number of recruiters due to a slowdown in hiring.
- Google continues to invest in engineering and technical talent while slowing down overall hiring.
- Job ads are still being posted despite the reduction in hiring.
Book banning efforts have doubled in Virginia so far this year: 356 unique book titles have been challenged across Virginia this year so far.
Quick Glance: Navy Veteran Challenges Kiggans for Seat
- Missy Cotter Smasal, a Democratic Navy veteran and former small-business owner, is running against Republican Representative Jen Kiggans for the House seat in Virginia.
- Kiggans defeated former Representative Elaine Luria (D-Va.) in the 2022 midterms and represents one of the 18 districts in the country that voted for President Biden in 2020 but are currently represented by a Republican.
- According to her press release, Cotter Smasal served as a surface warfare officer in the U.S. Navy and then settled in Virginia Beach, where she operated Rita's Italian Ice for over 10 years.
Recommended for you