News articles on this subject
Scholz: Poland cannot simply wave through Schengen visas: Polish consulates are said to have sold tens of thousands of visas to people in Africa and Asia ...
Scholz on migration: “The number has increased dramatically”: The Chancellor wants to control irregular migration more closely. CDU leader Merz proposes an ...
"I don't want to see people from Poland simply waved through": Scholz speaks out in favor of stronger controls on migration
Chancellor Scholz: Stronger control over migration: Politicians are looking for answers to the increasing number of refugees, which is leading to practical ...
➡ CDU leader Merz had mocked the chancellor as a "plumber of power" after his government statement on Tuesday. ➡ Scholz has now picked up the ball and praised ... Show more
Quick Glance: Scholz Justifies Expenditure in Government Declaration
- Chancellor justifies additional federal spending in government declaration.
- Scholz emphasizes calm in government declaration at the Bundestag.
- Scholz admits mistakes and emphasizes unpredictability of the situation.
- Opposition criticizes Scholz's budget policy and lack of plan.
Annalena Baerbock admitted at the Green Party conference that a unified approach to European migration policy is difficult to implement ... Show more
Quick Glance: Baerbock and Habeck Oppose Green Asylum Moralism
- The Green Party establishment has thwarted the youth's attempt to steer the party towards a more liberal asylum policy.
- Annalena Baerbock and Robert Habeck employ a political trick to achieve this.
- The Greens are also parting ways with a sacred cow in their policies.
- The delegates of the Green Party conference overwhelmingly support their cabinet members and their asylum policy.
Polnische Stadt stellt kostenloses Vogelfutter aus, um Enten nicht mit Brot zu füttern
The Greens have confirmed party leaders Omid Nouripour and Ricarda Lang in office. Nouripour achieved 79% of the vote, a significant drop compared to the last ... Show more
Quick Glance: Re-election of Green Party Leaders Nouripour and Lang
- Ricarda Lang and Omid Nouripour re-elected with a large majority for two more years.
- Lang received 82.3% of the votes, Nouripour secured 79.1% of the votes.
- Ricarda Lang ran unopposed, while Omid Nouripour defeated outsider candidate Philipp Schmagold.
- Nouripour emphasized the good collaboration with Lang.
Quick Glance: Poland Boycotts OSCE Meeting Over Russian Minister
- Poland will not participate in an OSCE ministerial meeting in North Macedonia due to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov's invitation.
- Szynkowski vel Sęk will not attend the meeting or send any deputy ministers to the North Macedonian capital.
- The foreign ministers of the Baltic states have joined the boycott of the OSCE meeting.
- Several more foreign ministers have confirmed they will not attend the OSCE meeting in protest against Russia’s participation.
After the government statement: Here are the answers that the Chancellor avoided: The traffic light government asserts that it will not borrow more, but less ...
Meloni, Scholz Deepen Ties, Leaving France Behind: Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni and German Chancellor Olaf Scholz are spearheading a series of closer ...
Quick Glance: Meloni and Scholz: Common Ground at Government Consultations
- Germany and Italy plan to build a hydrogen pipeline and curb illegal migration.
- On Wednesday evening, Meloni and Scholz addressed the press after meeting with ministers and business representatives.
- Initially, Scholz and Meloni met with several ministers and representatives of the economy, followed by bilateral discussions at the Chancellery.
- Meloni emphasized the need to combat irregular migration and criminal organizations, while promoting legal migration.
Reactions to Kissinger's death: "The world is losing a special diplomat": "Henry Kissinger shaped American foreign policy like few others": Chancellor Olaf ...
20-second speech: Green MP rhymes rejection of AfD application: “Who is burdening the Bundestag so late / It is the faction that no one likes”: The Green ...
The Greens stumble into crisis: times are too tough for ideologues: Not long ago the Greens seemed indomitable, now they are in crisis. People have had enough of ...
Quick Glance: Greens in Crisis: Adapting to Reality as a Challenge
- The Greens seemed unbeatable, but are now in crisis.
- Practical solutions, especially in climate protection, are a challenge for the Greens.
- The Green party's election poster for the state election in Bavaria marks the end of the Green era.
- The Greens have clearly surpassed their peak.
Party conference in Karlsruhe: Baerbock promotes the Greens' "ability to compromise" on asylum policy
Court: Government violates climate protection law: The Higher Administrative Court of Berlin-Brandenburg has condemned the German government's climate protection ...
SPD only fourth strongest force! Next poll defeat for Scholz's party: The SPD suffers the next trend crash. With 14 percent, the chancellor's party is only the ...
Gdańsk Główny zum besten Bahnhof Polens gewählt: Die Ergebnisse des zum sechsten Mal durchgeführten Wettbewerbs um den besten Bahnhof Polens wurden ...
Quick Glance: Coalition and Chancellor Hit Record Low in Poll
- 82% perceive coalition as divided, 60% dissatisfied with their work.
- Combined, coalition parties only at 35% in Sunday poll, far from majority.
- SPD at 15%, CDU/CSU at 31%, Greens at 15%, FDP at 5%, AfD at 22%, Left at 4% in election projection.
- Only 35% think the Ampel coalition is doing good work, and 61% want to maintain the debt brake unchanged.
Olaf Scholz and the budget crisis: This is how the traffic lights cause great damage
Quick Glance: Crisis: Scholz and the Traffic Light Coalition Cause Major Damage
- Budget crisis: Scholz, Lindner, and Habeck at fault
- Elbtower project at risk of escalating into a scandal
Chancellor Scholz in budget chaos: the fall of a know-it-all: For two years, Olaf Scholz has given the impression that he has a plan for everything ...
Greens after the party conference: trapped in the logic of governing: The party confirms the Green leadership's course on migration. But the debate is only ...
In the live stream: Olaf Scholz delivers a government statement: The Chancellor must take a stand on the budget debacle in the Bundestag - and declare the ...
Green Party Conference: Greens criticize traffic light plans for more deportations
Car-free city center failed: Red-Green coalition in Hanover collapsed: It is the end of a prestige project: Belit Onay wanted to introduce the green traffic ...
Only a Gerhard Schröder move can still save Scholz's chancellorship: Olaf Scholz could still save his chancellorship with a money turnaround ...
Poland's president swears in a government expected to last no longer than 14 days
Quick Glance: Poland's President Swears in Government for Up to 14 Days
- President Andrzej Duda swore in Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki after October elections.
- According to the constitution, Morawiecki and his Cabinet have 14 days to face a vote of confidence in parliament.
- They are almost certain to lose the vote due to lack of coalition partners.
- Critics denounce the decision to appoint a government with no apparent chance at winning parliamentary backing as a hopeless act of political theater.
Baerbock and Habeck give up party positions at the Green Party conference: The Foreign Minister and the Economics Minister are withdrawing from their last ...
Steel industry: Does green crude steel have to be made in Germany?: Money is tight. So would it be better to produce the raw material for steel where green ...
Scholz's speech: Emergency as a normal state of affairs: In his budget speech, Olaf Scholz still sees no reason to make any decisions. While sarcasm about the ...
Söder in favor of new federal elections: "A political turnaround is needed": Bavarian Minister President and CSU leader Markus Söder wants an early federal ...
Quick Glance: Söder Calls for New Elections Amid Budget Crisis
- CSU leader Markus Söder calls for new elections at the federal level.
- Bavarian Minister President Markus Söder (CSU) demands consequences at the federal level in light of the current budget crisis.
- Söder suggests a possible reformation of the Grand Coalition with the SPD after a new election.
- Söder firmly opposes the abolition or reform of the debt brake.
Germany Risks €24 Billion Budget Hole in 2024: Germany has a potential hole in its 2024 budget of as much as €24 billion ($26.4 billion) ...
Celebrating Polish Cuisine: Successful Conclusion of Polish Cuisine Week: Polish Cuisine Week concludes with 400 restaurants showcasing local flavors ...
Six reasons why no one will remember Chancellor Scholz: Chancellor Olaf Scholz is not a leader, but a facade of self-righteousness and defiance ...
Germany’s Budget Chaos Sows Uncertainty For the EV Industry: It’s still unclear if and when billions of euros in aid for key infrastructure ...
How does the Center for Political Beauty work? With a license to annoy: The Center for Political Beauty polarizes with its protest art. Currently ...
Olaf Scholz rails against AfD in video? Circumstantial evidence exposes deepfake: A video by the "Center for Political Beauty" promotes a ban on the AfD ...
Quick Glance: Satirical Action: AfD behind Bars at Chancellery
- New art installation unveiled in front of Chancellery.
- Hinweisplattform afd-verbot.de launched.
- 1500 incidents involving 350 individuals recorded.
- Zentrum für Politische Schönheit known for controversial art actions.
"Maischberger": "Höcke in jail?" Gauck's answer is clear: On "Maischberger", former Federal President Joachim Gauck settled accounts with the style of the ...
Budget crisis: A coalition is looking for an emergency solution: The SPD is vehemently calling for the debt brake to be suspended in 2024. The FDP doesn't want ...
Traffic light coalition: The traffic lights face these problems after the KTF ruling
CDU man on the cum-ex committee: "We have convicted Olaf Scholz": What role did Olaf Scholz play in the cum-ex scandal? In Hamburg, a committee of inquiry takes ...
Malice about the governing party: Green Party leader Lang finds her party "not entirely innocent" of prejudices
At the end of the year: Scholz announces the end of energy price brakes: Following the Constitutional Court's budget ruling, there is not enough money to ...
Landlord bans Chancellor Scholz from entering the building - VAT U-turn “a slap in the face”
Climate catastrophe: A big hit wouldn't be bad: The impending climate catastrophe is not receiving the attention it deserves. The problem is tangible everywhere.
Greens fall to lowest level since 2018 in new poll: The Greens record their lowest score since mid-2018 in a new poll. Things also continue to look bad for the ...
World Climate Conference: Only one thing is clear: Germany is paying again: Chancellor Scholz wants to officially launch his climate club in Dubai this Friday ...
Merz threatens to sue the 2024 budget and calls for new elections: The CDU chairman Friedrich Merz warns that the federal government will again declare an ...
Quick Glance: Merz threatens lawsuit over 2024 budget
- CDU leader Friedrich Merz warns against declaring another emergency for the 2024 budget and considers filing a lawsuit with the Constitutional Court.
Merz attacks Habeck - suddenly Scholz joins in the laughter - Video: There was an exciting scene during the Bundestag speech by CDU leader Friedrich Merz on ...
La Pologne conseille la Finlande sur la sécurisation de la frontière contre les "attaques hybrides" russes
Quick Glance: Sweden Backs Finland's Border Closure with Russia
- Sweden supports Finland's measures to protect the border with Russia and sees it as an attack by Russia on the EU.
- Hundreds of asylum seekers have arrived from Russia at border points between Russia and Finland in recent weeks.
- Some of the asylum seekers have had their claims rejected or withdrawn.
- Finland has already closed almost all border crossings with Russia and is prepared to close the last crossing if necessary.
Unveiling a New Astronomical Frontier: Polish Observatory in Chile: Explore the unveiling of Poland's state-of-the-art observatory in Chile ...
From migration to climate protection: what the Greens agree on for the European elections
Aiwanger goes crazy over the Green Party's pizza order: 'Will you be bullied for that?'
Chancellor's speech on the budget: For the traffic lights it is now a matter of being or not being
Germany's economic challenges complicate budget crisis resolution, despite Chancellor's reassurance
Traffic lights stagger towards a premature end: no money, no answers: The Chancellor says: Fear not - while there is a 17 billion hole in next year's budget and ...
Dangerous clichés: “Green” has nothing to do with knitted sweaters and jute bags - but with the future of all of us
Electricity and gas price brakes: electricity could become more expensive for private individuals
Sobieski hard coal mine: Four dead in mining accident in Poland: Four men have died in a Polish coal mine. The men were working 500 meters underground when a ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!