News articles on this subject
Meeting with Alice Weidel: According to the report, dairy entrepreneur Müller confirms contacts with the AfD
Satirical action in front of the Chancellery: Center for Political Beauty sets up prison dummy for AfD politician
Quick Glance: Satirical Action: AfD behind Bars at Chancellery
- New art installation unveiled in front of Chancellery.
- Hinweisplattform afd-verbot.de launched.
- 1500 incidents involving 350 individuals recorded.
- Zentrum für Politische Schönheit known for controversial art actions.
Ukraine war: Putin urges Russians to have 8 kids amid population crisis : Russia's birthrates have been falling for decades, and the Ukraine war has made it ...
Quick Glance: Russia's 'God of War' Putin
- Putin was initially chosen as a puppet but ended up keeping the power for himself.
- Putin is playing a game with his reelection, despite being determined to continue ruling.
- His political image as an unbeatable war god is specifically for the Russian public.
- Putin based his political image not on charisma or intellect, but on power plays.
Massive losses in Ukraine: NATO: Russia has lost a significant part of its armed forces
Quick Glance: NATO: Russia Suffers Massive Losses in Ukraine
- NATO Secretary General Stoltenberg reports massive losses of Russian troops in Ukraine.
- Ukraine still needs support.
- Stoltenberg warns against expecting the losses to quickly end the war.
- Stoltenberg acknowledges Ukraine's successes in defending against the invaders.
NATO Ministers Vow to Maintain Support for Ukraine: Amid questions over Western resolve, Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken and other diplomats stressed their ...
Quick Glance: NATO Urges Continued Support for Ukraine
- Stoltenberg urges NATO members to continue supporting Ukraine in its battle against Russia.
- The US has provided over $40bn in security aid to Ukraine and pledged to back Kyiv for as long as necessary.
- Recent pledges from Germany and the Netherlands worth $11bn show NATO's commitment to supporting Kyiv.
- Ukraine's Foreign Minister will lobby for continued NATO backing at the summit despite concerns over the future of Western support.
Daniel Halemba and the AfD: Using all means to get into the state parliament: They spin intrigues, make pacts, intimidate: A t-online investigation shows how the ...
Quick Glance: AfD Scandal: Halemba and the Controversy
- The events in the Kreisverband Unterfranken Nord led to Halemba's exit from the AfD in late 2022.
- Tanja Ehrensberger experiences the methods and power of the young right-wing movement firsthand.
- The Beisitzerin of the Kreisverband Unterfranken Nord speaks out clearly at meetings.
- Three men sign affidavits, one of them accuses Halemba and Thomas L. of defamation.
Interior Minister in North Rhine-Westphalia: Herbert Reul accuses AfD of anti-Semitism
Ukraine war latest: Zelensky visits Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia oblasts as harsh winter looms on front line
Left MP declares “Nazi pig” call to AfD people: Left-wing parliamentary group leader Sebastian Walter is threatened with criminal proceedings for insulting two ...
Ukraine War: NATO scales back its goals: The military stalemate means that the West now sees just holding the front as Ukraine's success. That is realistic ...
Elecciones estatales en Turingia: Por qué la toma del poder de la AfD podría empezar antes de lo que muchos piensan
20-second speech: Green MP rhymes rejection of AfD application: “Who is burdening the Bundestag so late / It is the faction that no one likes”: The Green ...
Telegraph: UK Foreign Secretary urges allies to ramp up arms production for Ukraine
Ukraine in winter: Worry about second Bakhmut: The second winter since the beginning of the war is settling over Ukraine. What does this mean for the course of ...
OSCE as an “appendage” of NATO: Lavrov incites against “Western political elite”: The OSCE is in crisis. According to Russia's foreign minister ...
Evonik CEO Kullmann: "Anyone who votes AfD is putting jobs at risk": "Brown party": The head of the major German chemical company Evonik has used drastic words ...
Quick Glance: Evonik: CEO Issues Warning
- Despite the challenging market environment, Evonik is still performing relatively well.
- However, CEO Christian Kullmann issues a warning.
- The cash flow has shown positive development recently and is expected to continue improving.
Orban wants to blow up the EU's Ukraine policy: Hungary's Prime Minister wants to block accession talks with Ukraine. Or is he concerned with the release of ...
Quick Glance: Michel Negotiates with Orbán during EU Summit Debate
- Orbán announces veto at EU summit.
- Michel travels to Budapest to halt blackmail.
- Doubt about the seriousness of Orbán's threats.
- Uncertainty about the negotiability of Orbán's veto.
Mercedes and the problem with the AfD: Mercedes publicly distances itself from the AfD. But Kontraste research raises questions about the company's dealings with ...
Quick Glance: Mercedes and the AfD Issue
- Mercedes publicly distances itself from the AfD.
- The German economy publicly discusses the handling of the AfD.
- Investigations reveal questionable practices in Mercedes' dealings with the AfD.
The scene as Alabama celebrated beating Auburn before departing Jordan-Hare: The Crimson Tide needed some Jordan-Hare Stadium magic to pull out a season-saving ...
Russian missile strikes in eastern Ukraine rip through buildings, kill 2 and bury families in rubble
Quick Glance: Ukraine Conflict: Recent Territorial Gains in Awdijiwka
- Significant territorial gains by the Russian army in Awdijiwka.
- Military expert Marcus Keupp highlights ongoing successes of Ukraine.
- Potential advantage for Ukraine.
- Ukraine's strategic position would be strengthened by the loss of personnel strength at the front.
Russia losses include 300,000 men but it can't be underestimated: NATO: NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Russia is "now weaker politically ...
Quick Glance: Ukraine's Foreign Minister Boycotts OSCE Ministers' Meeting Over Russia's Attendance
- Dmytro Kuleba, Ukraine's Foreign Minister, to boycott OSCE meeting due to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov’s expected attendance.
- Ukraine greatly appreciates North Macedonia's efforts as the OSCE chair and its Foreign Minister Bujar Osmani personally.
- The presence of the Russian delegation at the ministerial meeting will only aggravate the crisis Russia has created within the OSCE.
Ukrainian archives cry for help: “Russia uses the erasure of historical memory as a weapon”
Un couple polonais reçoit un prix de l'ONU pour avoir hébergé 14 000 réfugiés ukrainiens dans leur chaîne hôtelière.
Food safety summit: EU pours 50 million euros into repairing Ukrainian ports: The investment in the ports destroyed by Russia is intended to secure the export of ...
EU Should Consider Defense Bonds to Boost Sector, Michel Says: The European Union should consider issuing defense bonds to boost financing of the defense ...
Ukraine Foreign Minister Kuleba Feels No Pressure for Russia Talks: Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba said he doesn’t feel foreign partners are pushing ...
“Suitcase with a red button”: Political scientist Münkler calls for more nuclear weapons in Europe
AfD: The economy should act: Evonik CEO Christian Kullmann calls on his colleagues to take a stand against the AfD. He is right to do so.
Russia launches largest drone attack on Ukraine : Ukrainian military officials say Russia has launched its most intense drone attack on Ukraine since the ...
Quick Glance: Russia Launches Massive Drone Attack on Kyiv
- Russia launched its largest drone attack on Kyiv since the start of the invasion, targeting the capital, according to Ukrainian officials.
- The primary target was Kyiv, described as a 'record number' of drones by Ukraine’s Air Force in a Telegram post.
- Mykhailo Shamanov described multiple waves of drones coming from different directions towards the capital.
- At least two people were injured in Kyiv’s Solomianskyi district, according to Mayor Vitalii Klitschko.
Wife of Ukraine’s Spy Chief Was Poisoned, Officials Say: Marianna Budanova, whose husband is the director of military intelligence, is recovering in a hospital ...
Blinken says US, NATO allies 'must and will' continue support for Ukraine: US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Wednesday said Washington and its allies ...
Accusations against Moscow: Finland closes last border with Russia: After Russia is alleged to have deliberately brought asylum seekers without valid papers to ...
Quick Glance: Sweden Backs Finland's Border Closure with Russia
- Sweden supports Finland's measures to protect the border with Russia and sees it as an attack by Russia on the EU.
- Hundreds of asylum seekers have arrived from Russia at border points between Russia and Finland in recent weeks.
- Some of the asylum seekers have had their claims rejected or withdrawn.
- Finland has already closed almost all border crossings with Russia and is prepared to close the last crossing if necessary.
Consolidation in US health insurance industry: Health insurer Cigna (CI.N) is in merger talks with Humana (HUM.N), a source familiar with the matter said on ...
At the summit: warm words from Nato, harsh reality for Kiev: Stalemate and war-weariness: How Ukraine fights two toxic words at the meeting in Brussels and Nato ...
Quick Glance: Poland Boycotts OSCE Meeting Over Russian Minister
- Poland will not participate in an OSCE ministerial meeting in North Macedonia due to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov's invitation.
- Szynkowski vel Sęk will not attend the meeting or send any deputy ministers to the North Macedonian capital.
- The foreign ministers of the Baltic states have joined the boycott of the OSCE meeting.
- Several more foreign ministers have confirmed they will not attend the OSCE meeting in protest against Russia’s participation.
Ukraine War | Military expert: "The front has come to an operational standstill": The Ukrainian counteroffensive has failed and the front is at a standstill ...
Quick Glance: Meta Uncovers Fake Chinese Accounts
- The network covered topics such as abortion, culture war issues, and aid to Ukraine.
- China is now the third-largest geographical source of such networks.
- More than 4,700 accounts were part of the China-based network and used copied profile pictures and names.
- The company prohibits 'co-ordinated inauthentic behaviour' in its rules - posts from accounts that work together and use false identities.
Another group of children taken to Russia may come back to Ukraine before holidays - Qatar's PM
France to boost ammunition supplies for Ukraine in 2024: Deputy defense ministers Dmytro Klimenkov and Lieutenant-General Ivan Havryliuk met the French ...
"Maischberger": "Höcke in jail?" Gauck's answer is clear: On "Maischberger", former Federal President Joachim Gauck settled accounts with the style of the ...
Ukraine’s victory will send a message to all dictatorships – Umerov’s speech at Ramstein
Government formation still unclear: right-wing populist Wilders celebrates election victory with a tough message
Quick Glance: Geert Wilders and the Dutch Election Impact
- The rise of hard-right parties in the political landscape
- Geert Wilders's victory in the Dutch election on November 22nd has received praise from across Europe, particularly from right-wing political groups.
- Mr. Wilders's presence poses a challenge for the EU, accustomed to navigating differences between centrist parties of the left and right.
- The likelihood of further success for hard-right parties in upcoming elections is high.
Survey: Majority of Germans in favor of ending the traffic light system and new elections
Czech president: Western military support insufficient for high-intensity operation
Murderers are released in Russia for their work in Ukraine - NZZ accent: Russian prisoners who were recruited to work in Ukraine do not have to serve their ...
Ban AfD?: Creeping normalization: A party ban against the AfD would be risky, but that cannot end the discussion. A replica.
Thuringian AfD event: drunk with power - and openly right-wing extremist: Faction leader Björn Höcke dreams of more influence. At the state election meeting ...
Quick Glance: Höcke Leads Thuringian AfD into Election Campaign
- Höcke becomes lead candidate for Thuringian AfD in September's state election.
- He aims for a government participation in Erfurt without specifying the plan.
- Björn Höcke leads the Thuringian AfD, classified as right-wing extremist, in the state election campaign.
- Despite potential consequences of Sahra Wagenknecht's alliance, Höcke remains unfazed.
Ukraine’s EU reforms ‘deeply impressive’: Von der Leyen: Commission chief praises Ukraine’s impressive track record on EU reforms at POLITICO event.
Ukraine’s Defense Forces repel 50 attacks in five sectors – General Staff : In the past 24 hours, 56 combat clashes have taken place on the front lines in ...
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!