Quick Glance: Pogues Frontman Shane MacGowan Passes Away at 65
- The frontman of The Pogues, Shane MacGowan, has passed away at the age of 65.
- In recent years, MacGowan had been battling various health issues and was recently treated for an infection in Dublin.
- Thanks to the 1987 hit Fairytale Of New York, the Irish star will forever be associated with the festive season.
- MacGowan was known as a punk rebel and for his excessive lifestyle, which also took a toll on his health.
Quick Glance: Royal Scandal: Translation Mishap Reveals Name
- Dutch translation of Omid Scobie's book Endgame reveals a name associated with a long-standing race controversy not found in the original text.
- The error is depicted as highly embarrassing, prompting the swift removal of the book from shelves.
- The publisher's managing director acknowledged the mistake and assured that it is being rectified, but the cause remains unclear.
- Speculation arises that the name in the Dutch version may have been part of a draft or a previous edit that was mistakenly not updated in the Dutch version.
Quick Glance: Nigel and Nella Clash on I'm A Celebrity
- Nigel Farage was a controversial choice for I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! according to many viewers.
- Viewers are now all saying the same thing after he and YouTuber Nella Rose argued in camp.
- Nella expressed disappointment in Nigel's comments about cultural appropriation, leading many viewers to call for him to leave the show.
- Nigel's attempts to comfort Nella were mostly ignored, prompting many viewers to think it was time for Nigel to leave the show.
The actor, famed for his role as drug dealer Jimmy Corkhill in ...
'British soap icon'
Quick Glance: Brookside Actor Dean Sullivan Passes Away at 68
- Sullivan played Jimmy Corkhill in Brookside from 1986 to 2003, becoming the longest-serving cast member and a British soap icon.
- Born and educated in Liverpool, Sullivan starred in Brookside during its peak, regularly drawing audiences of eight million.
- In 2003, Sullivan won the British Soap Award for outstanding achievement for his 17-year role as Jimmy in the Mersey TV soap.
- Jimmy was Brookside's longest-serving character, with Sullivan filming more episodes than any other actor.
Bristol Beacon has officially reopened and is welcoming back audiences tonight for the first time in five years www.bristolpost.co.uk/experience/bristol-beacon-finally-reopens-tonight-8942221
Quick Glance: Jamie Lynn Spears leaves I'm A Celebrity in shocking exit
- Singer and actress Jamie Lynn Spears has left the Australian jungle camp for medical reasons.
- Last week, she threatened to quit after becoming emotional due to missing her children.
- On Monday, she informed her campmates that she has left the camp for medical reasons.
Jevon Hirst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Fitchett and Hugo Morris were all ...
Quick Glance: Tragedy in North Wales: Four Teens Killed in Car Accident
- Four teenagers, Jevon Hirst, Harvey Owen, Wilf Fitchett, and Hugo Morris, drowned near the village of Garreg in Gwynedd.
- The brief hearing revealed that the provisional cause of the teenagers' deaths was drowning.
Quick Glance: Fans Disappointed by High Prices for Girls Aloud 2024 Tour
- Girls Aloud fans are disappointed by the high prices for the band's 2024 reunion tour.
- The iconic noughties girl group will present their Girls Aloud Show tour in arenas and stadiums across the country in May and June 2024.
- The tour will start in Dublin on May 18, 2024, and make stops in Belfast, Manchester, Cardiff, Newcastle, Aberdeen, Glasgow, Birmingham, Leeds, and London.
- Ticket prices have been confirmed on multiple venue websites, with different prices for various locations.
New to NewsWall?
Sign up now to get your own personalized news!